Hunter's Moon Chp. 10

Printer-friendly version

Trey looks at Tiger as she sat in front of him. He could feel that there was something special about Tiger.

“What did you want to talk to me about, Tiger?” Trey was curious what was bothering Tiger.

“I want to become my namesakes. I’ve been having dreams lately of being able to turn into a tiger. Into my namesake.” Tiger could feel that this was the right course of action for her. Just as she felt she was supposed to be with Cara.

“Are you sure about this, Tiger? Most women don’t survive the change.”

“Yes, I want to do this Trey. I want to be a Tiger. It’s all I dream about.” Tiger couldn’t help it. It was all she dreams about, besides being with Cara.

“We’ll have to wait till King and his people get back. He has two Were-tigers in his group. Until he arrives, I want you to watch something. It shows what you will experience for the first time you shift.” Trey hands Tiger a thumb drive.

“There’s a computer in the library you can use to watch the video.” Trey recorded a person who became a Were by choice. He uses it for educational purposes so anyone who asks to undergo the treatment to become a Were could see what they were getting themselves into.

“Thank you.” Tiger accepts it and leaves the office.

Tiger spots Lorrie waiting for her. She could see that Lorrie was curious about what she and Trey talked about.

“So, how did things go?” Lorrie was rocking back and forth on her heels.

“It went okay. He gave me a thumb drive to look at. He said there was a video I should see what I will experience the first time I shift.” Tiger wonders what it is like to shift.

“I remember my first time. It hurt like hell and my legs got caught up in my panties. It was so embarrassing.” Lorrie remembered the wolves laughing at her at first.

“Well, I hope that doesn’t happen to me.” Tiger wonders how bad it was for a human becoming a tiger.

“I’ll get us a bowl of popcorn.” Lorrie goes to the kitchen and pops some popcorn.

Tiger goes into the library and plugs the thumb drive into the USB port. She finds the file and loads it. She waits for Lorrie to join her.

Lorrie walks in with a huge bowl of popcorn. She pulls a seat over next to Tiger.

“Okay, let the movie begin.” Lorrie pops a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

“Really?” Tiger looks at Lorrie as she eats the popcorn.

“You don’t know how long these things can be.” As she stuffs another fistful of popcorn into her mouth.

Tiger press plays and watch the video as it begins with a welcoming on deciding to become a Were. It shows the different types of Weres. A brief history of every type of Were is told and how they came about. When it came to how the Were-dog came about. Lorrie couldn’t believe it had been a lab experiment that had created the first Weredog.

She always thought it was a mating between a crazed Were mating with an ordinary dog. She couldn’t believe that a bunch of scientists had tried creating an anti-virus to counter the Were virus. Instead, the anti-virus didn’t work. So, the virus they administered to their dog subjects, made them strong and such. They carried the virus and started attacking the scientists.

“I can’t believe my race was just a lab experiment gone wrong.” Lorrie felt little because of the revelation.

Tiger places her hand on Lorrie’s shoulder “don’t feel bad.”

They finally get to the part of their first shift. They heard the cracking and popping of the bones. The splitting of the skin and stretching of the
body. The scream of pain as the body reshaped itself.

“I remembered my first time. It hurt like hell and I was weak as a puppy afterward. You’re not going to like the first few times you shift, but afterward. It will get better and you won’t mind switching between your two forms. The problem will come when you need to merge the two halves of your mind together. Sometimes it takes a powerful Alpha to make sure the merge goes well.” Lorrie didn’t have a problem with the process, but she knew a few that did.

“Well, that was informative.” Tiger lets the video continue to play to the end.

“I didn’t know they recorded all the volunteers when they went through their first change.”

“What happens if you and your beast don’t merge?” Tiger was curious about that answer.

“Easy, we kill you.” Lorrie gets up and takes the empty bowl back to the kitchen.

Tiger shivers as she watches as Lorrie's head back towards the kitchen. She hopes she doesn’t have a problem when she goes through the process. She logs off and ejects the thumb drive to give back to Trey.

She goes to locate him, but he wasn’t in his office or around the property. She wonders where he went.

“Hey Tiger, me and Rick are going to the store. Do you want to go with us?” Lorrie ran into Rick while in the kitchen and noticed he was making a shopping list.

“Sure, I don’t mind going.” Tiger follows Rick and Lorrie to a new SUV.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Somehow I have a

Samantha Heart's picture

Feeling this shopping trip will not go as planned especially for Tiger.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

No plan survives

contact with the enemy, or in this case other people.