Anniversary check up

Printer-friendly version

Anniversary Check-up

Here is my celebration for 10 years on this site. Its dedicated to Talia who was a big help in getting it done.

You learn something new every day, or so they say.

Boy that was true for me on the 10th anniversary of my arrival at Big Closet.

It started with me waking up and realizing I wasnt in my bed.

Now, I’m a pretty violent sleeper, and its pretty common for me to wake up with pillows and sheets thrown all over the place. I have even fallen out of bed once or twice, but I’ve never sleepwalked, as far as I know, so I knew something was wrong right away.

Not I was panicking. I was floating, bathed in bright light, wearing some skin tight silvery outfit that covered me from neck to toes, and two shadowy figures were arguing over me, but I was totally relaxed ...

One said, “Liver damage. Joint damage. Weight issues. Dam it, we should have given her some nanites last time.”

The other said, “We got overruled, the big boss said stuff like that would get noticed.”

At this point, I must have made a sound, because the first voice then said “She’s awake, we messed up on dosing her.”

“Doesn’t matter, we were going to do a conscious interview anyway. Finish up the scans, I’ll go talk to her.” the other voice replied.

A shadowy form approached me.

“Hello, Dorothy” the figure, whose actual shape remained unclear to me.

“I’m not afraid.” I murmured, “I should be afraid, but I’m not”

“That’s because we have suppressed that part of your brain. But you would have nothing to be afraid of in any case. We’re just here to do a check-up.” the figure replied.

“Check up? Like, are you doctors? Am I in a hospital?” I asked.

“Not quite. You would think of us a anthropologists.”

Even in my fog an idea occurred to me. “You’re studying ...us? Humans?”

“Well, Humans, yes. You, on the other hand are not quite human.”

“How can that be? I have a child, so obviously I must be human.”

“We ... added a few modifications to you when you were just a toddler. So we could recover your memories, to help us understand humans better.”

“I ... see.” I replied, then added, “you said something about the last time you were here?”

“Yes, some things were happening for you that meant we wanted to do more than just get your memories this time.” He answered, and then added, “You must understand, when we first added the memory device, you were not even three years old. When we came back a ten of your years later what we saw shocked us. We almost pulled the plug on the whole mission, seeing how you’d suffered.”

“But you didnt” I stated.

“No. We ... I felt like there was more to learn.”

“So you kept coming back to check on me.” I prompted.

“We did. Every ten years. When last we saw ou, you had just starting to explore the online world, and had joined that writing site. Big Closet, I believe it was called, and and were discussing the possibility of doing something about your gender issues.”

“That’s right. Well, if you want an update, you might as well get comfortable as I have a lot to tell you.” I replied.

So we talked. Or rather, I talked and the alien listened, although they did ask questions.

I tried to learn a little about them as well, and I did find out that gender fluidity was a natural state for them. Which made it really difficult for them to understand the struggles I’ve gone through in order to transition. But the one thing they wanted me to be clear on was they had no interest in conquering Earth or anything like that. In fact they had a no contact or interference policy kind of like Star Trek.

“But aren’t you violating that policy by talking to me?” I asked

“Not if you present this encounter as fiction. “ They replied.

And so that’s what I’m doing. This is just a story about how much I’ve changed, especially in the last ten years.

Or is it?

End?

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm...

Is it? The next ten years will be telling! Loving Hugs, Talia

thanks, Talia

maybe the aliens will come to stay next time?

DogSig.png

Different

BarbieLee's picture

Broke out of the mold?
hugs Dorothy
always
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Definitely Different Good

Lucy Perkins's picture

Loved this Dorothy! Feels like an episode of the X-files...Dana Sculley every time?? Love Lucy xxxx

"Lately it occurs to me..
what a long strange trip its been."

Dana Sculley to the rescue!

call Fox Mulder too!

thanks for the comment, hugs!

DogSig.png