Change Order - Chapter 7 of 8

Printer-friendly version

Mike was asked to cover a shift by a knowing friend on their birthday. Because the scheduling boss made an incorrect assumption, he ended up being something he could only dream of.

By
Becky Reus
Proofread By Jamie M
©2019

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Seven

After about forty-five minutes, I was dressed in a nice top and skirt. Looking at myself in the mirror, my makeup wasn’t perfect, but it would do. Last to go on was the wig. At almost seven thirty, I was hugging my girlfriend at the front of Magic Kingdom.

“Would you like to explain young lady why I got an email requiring me to attend a meeting on Monday,” Jenn asked me. When she noticed the present, she continued, “when in the world did you have time to go shopping?”

Blushing, as we walked towards the castle, I said, “I have no clue what the meeting is about, except I am assuming myself. Us two, Heather and Val are requested to be there too. The bigger problem is they want one of my parents there. As for the present, Heather did my shopping today, since I couldn’t.”

While walking into the Cinderella Royal Table waiting area, Jenn asked me, “Your parents are in Vermont, right. I doubt they are going to get down here by Monday.”

“They don’t have to be here, Skype is fine. The issue is they don’t know…” I told my girlfriend.

All I got out of Jenn was a long oh.

Jill saw my face and asked me, “What is wrong Sweetheart?”

“There is a big meeting on Monday, for secret reasons and they want my unknowing parents there by Skype.” I told her.

“Anderson for four?” A hostess asked.

As we followed the hostess, Jill told me, “Your parents should be there, but I would like to be there too, as a legal representative for you.”

Tim, Jennifer’s father pulled out each of our chairs and then scooted us closer to the table. With the conversation about the meeting done we turned towards less stressful subjects.

When the dessert time finally got here, I gave my girlfriend the present she had been staring at all meal. After she unwrapped the small glass figure of Alice, worth about a hundred bucks after the employee discount, I got a kiss on the cheek. She had aimed for the lips at first but hit the cheek at the last minute.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Saturday after a day at our competition down the road with the Andersons, I was sitting in my room with Jennifer not looking forward to this Skype call to Vermont I had to make. Jill had decided she was going to join us as a support structure.

The computer webcam was aimed at my window while I called home. “Hello Sport, where are you?” My mother answered.

Stepping in the field of vision in the nice dress I was wearing I said, “Here I am, Mother,” I was going to introduce Jenn and Jill but I didn’t have a chance.

“Oooh, I finally get to meet my daughter that I have known about for at least a year.” Karen Smith exclaimed.

I questioned my mother, “What you mean known about?”

“Though your closet was messy, probably on purpose, your hidden dresses were still visible behind the rest of your clothes,” she told me.

Taking the chance, I introduced the other two people before explaining what this call was about. I told my mom, “Disney has a big meeting about me on Monday and they want you there.”

“Princess, first what is your name, I just knew about the dresses. There is no way we can fly down to Florida on Monday.” My mother explained. I told her my female name and explained that Skype was perfectly fine.

“Can someone explain to me the circumstances behind the meeting?”

“I worked for my girlfriend, Jennifer … “ I started.

My mother interrupted, “Backup here, girlfriend?”

“Mother, yes my girlfriend, but let’s stay on subject … yesterday for her birthday. I was supposed to be another character but became Alice at the last minute. It was because another one of our coworkers broke her ankle.”

“Why would they put a boy… and I am using the term loosely, as Alice.”

Sighing, I responded, “The person who did it, didn’t know that M. Smith was a boy. Plus my jokester Girlfriend had me learn Alice’s signature along with the new fur character I was supposed to do.” After breathing, I continued, “Plus some idiot had outed me to my boss,” while sticking out my tongue at Jennifer.

“I said I was sorry,” Jennifer exclaimed.

I hugged my friend before continuing, “I was teasing you. Anyways mother, they had no one on shift who could do it, and were thinking of canceling Alice for the day.”

“How do you think you did as Alice?” My mother questioned.

I blushed, and told my mother, “I am supposed to be Alice tomorrow again so I must have done well.”

“So this meeting isn’t a punishment meeting,” my mother suggested.

I nodded, and said, “Not that I know, I doubt they would want a parent at that kind of meeting. Besides myself, Jennifer, Heather, my attendant yesterday, and Valerie, the girl I replaced will be there, and at least three managers. Jennifer’s Mother will be there as a lawyer if I need one, and they want you there.”

“Any details about the meeting?” My mother questioned.

I shocked my head, “All I know is the VP called the meeting and told me I passed my nonconventional audition with flying colors, before leaving the room without a word.”

After that subject, my mother became interrogating both Jennifer and me about our relationship, and how we meet. I swear that Jill was enjoying this conversation too, and getting some new information. Some of the questions I was asked were extremely personal, that I didn’t have all the answers for.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Sunday I went to work as Laura, figuring if I was going to be her later, I might as well start as one. Walking past Kayleigh’s office, I was told that the VP had gladly approved Jill being at the meeting.

When it was my turn at the Wardrobe window, I told the lady, “L Smith, please.”

I soon was rewarded with the dress and duffel bags. Kayleigh had suggested that I change in the U.K. today. She told me that Makeup would meet me there to teach me the correct makeup. I was soon joining my attendant on the golf cart, who I was glad to see was Heather again.

“Laura?” She questioned.

I told her, “guilty as charged.”

Once we were in the break room, I changed into the costume. Stepping out from the changing area, I turned around to allow Heather to do my back up, After switching wigs, I did my own makeup under the guidance of the Makeup department.

With a few minutes to spare the two of us were waiting to go on stage just behind the door. Once I got on stage, I felt so much better, I didn’t have any jitters this time.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Before I knew it I was switching back to Laura after a full day of being Alice. Heather again waited for my return to my normal clothes, before joining me in the golf cart towards Wardrobe. “L Smith returning Alice. There is a marker mark on the pinafore.” I told Wardrobe.

Fifteen minutes later both of us were heading to the dorm. As I was in the shower, I heard a knock on the door. I came out of the shower and putting a nice dress on, and did my makeup with my wig. I then checked the door to find a note taped to it.

Looking at the note it said in handwriting that wouldn’t look out of place as a doctor’s, “Tinkerbell would be more appropriate. You Fairy!”

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:I posted this on my phone at work... I didn’t have access to a real computer. Apologies for any mistakes that I accidentally made. Katie Ann will have to wait until I get home. Mobile is doable but a pain the rear.

Comments and questions are always welcomed -- Thanks Becky

up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Note

My5InchFMHeels's picture

When they figure out who wrote that note, someone will likely be looking for a new job.

I agree, they may even be

I agree, they may even be blackballed from the whole industry.

How Funny.

Wow, that is a lot of work on a Cell Phone! This sounds very realistic, as if you actually work or worked there. I hope that you do not get in trouble for divulging secrets. Then you used a Mormon "keyword" Punishment Meeting. They actually call them Love Conferences, but are usually anything but.

Nice story.

Gwen

Work

Worst that can happen in my job and industry is me telling that the shareholders that the gains are just smoke and mirrors ... but a competitor CEO already did that.

I was on one off my many stand by mode breaks... only way I get breaks

What a Fun Story

Gwen Brown makes an interesting point - did you ever work for the Mouse? Can't wait for the final chapter.

Janice

Only one chapter left? Wow.

Beoca's picture

Only one chapter left? Wow. This has been a fun story, and I’ll be sorry to see it end. Great job as always, Becky.

Regarding Katie, don’t worry: we’ll enjoy the next chapter when you post it. RL is a far crueler master than Adam could ever be.

Love this Story

Becky thank you for writing this story. I just love the way it flows and how the main characters are so accepting and sportive.
I am sorry to see it coming to an end, can we twist your arm to continue it? Great job!

Just try hiding something from mom

Jamie Lee's picture

Mike's ago should have given him the experience of not being able to hide something from his mom. Moms' have a tenth sense when it comes to uncovering those things which are being hidden.

As Laura discovered, it was her who was surprised by what her mom knew, and mom not pushing Mike to tell her about Laura. Mom knew Mike would come to her when he was ready, but the Monday meeting pushed Mike's plans forward a bit.

Thank goodness his mom welcomed her daughter, that meeting Monday could have gone differently had she not.

Others have feelings too.