Stuck in a Rut - Part 28

Printer-friendly version

Stuck in a Rut.
By Rosalie Redd

Casey Church is a normal 13 year old girl, But in a world where there hasn’t been a girl born in over 100 years, Casey adjusts to her new life as a girl. Can Casey cope with everything that comes with being a girl, or will others conspire to ruin her life?

Chapter 28.

Deshaun walked me to class this morning, making sure I got there safely. I had arrived early, because Mom had to get in before school and get ready for her classes. While she did, I met with Officer Coleman and Mr. Lewis. Unfortunately there had bee no witnesses to the attack, and the hallway didn’t have a camera. They promised to look into the attack more, and to talk with the Wilder girls, but I knew that wouldn’t accomplish anything. If anything, it might make things worse.

I walked in and noticed that Luna was sitting off to the side of Amy. May was on the left, Amy in the middle, and Luna on the right. I walked in and sat down, getting glares from the three of them. Though Luna’s had a brief wink to it on the twins blind side.

I heard the sisters whispering and out of the corner of my eye, I could see them occasionally glance around at certain boys and the girl that was beginning their transition. Thinking about their plotting, I moved the pieces around in my head. They were trying to amass a group of newly female followers, and they wanted me out of the picture. They wanted popularity. I guess going from the potential of popularity in sports, they were looking for a new niche?

I’d have to bounce theories off the girls later on. When class ended, they shuffled past, noses in the air. Luna trailed along behind, giving the impression of being a follower. I saw her eyes roll my direction briefly, then she went back to staring ahead.

I hurried off to my next class, as DeShaun had arrived to bodyguard me. Mmm. He can guard me with that body up close. I shook off that thought and went in to class. For every class, he showed up and escorted me to it. Lunch soon came, and He sat with Janie and I.

“Any news on what thing one and thing two are up to?”, Janie asked while munching on some potato chips.

I shook my head. “Nope, but I think it’s all just a popularity grab. They see me as the ‘it girl’ for some odd reason, and want to build a power base. It’s all silly. I’m nothing special.”, I said as I poked at my leftover pasta salad.

Janie let out a snerk, and tried to keep from giggling.

“What?”, I asked.

“You are the cutest girl in the 9th grade, you have the hot football star boyfriend, and the not-unattractive best friend.”, she said in a joking tone. “Half the girls in the school probably want to be in your shoes.”
I frowned and punched DeShaun in the shoulder.

“What?”, he exclaimed, confused.

“That’s for not being a chess nerd”, I said in a semi-joking manner.

“Would it be better if I were a nerd? If I had been, someone else might have gotten to you first.”, he said, in defense of his case.

“Mmm... true.”, I admitted. “Still, your popularity does cause me all the troubles.”

Deshaun looked at me, and rolled his eyes. Then he did something totally unexpected. He stood up. “Attention! Attention everybody! I know that there are those of you that think I’m cool. I’m really not. I’m a colossal dork. One who listens to classical music, cries at the end of Field of Dreams, and has no idea who the Kardashians are, or why they are famous!”

He sat down amidst the laughing and jeering. “Satisfied?”, he asked with a chuckle. I slugged him in the arm again.

“Dork”, Janie and I said almost simultaneously.

“Mhm, but would you two lovely ladies love to escort this dork to the homecoming dance?”, he asked.

Janie squealed, but then she stopped and shrunk back. I hugged them both. “I would love to, if Janie agrees.”

Janie shrunk back hiding. “I… I don’t know. I’d have to get a dress, and people would stare, and they would look and they would see the scars. I… I can’t.”, she sobbed.

We spent the rest of lunch comforting her. After DeShaun walked us to Biology and then Study Hall, I spent the entire class holding her hand and rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb in a reassuring manner.

We sat in Home Ec together, and as we baked cookies, we talked about Janie. DeShaun was broken up over her confidence issues because of the scars. I gave him a peck on the cheek while we worked together.

Home Economics was bearable, because he was there, but his teammates still looked at me with sour expressions. After the loss last Friday, Coach Grant had laid into the team, especially the offense. Though they didn’t admit it, there was an unsaid rumor that DeShaun was being frozen out. He was being ignored while wide open, and when he did get the ball, players were suddenly ‘missing’ blocks.

Fortunately class ended quickly enough. He and I stopped down to see Mom, and to give her some of our cookies.

Mom told me that because the volleyball team had a game that day, She wouldn’t be able to drive me to the doctor for my check-up. Dad was in court today, as well. She did tell me that Janie’s mom would take me, because Janie was getting stitches removed.

After School I waited in a highly visible area, with Janie. She was still depressed, and I had my arm around her shoulders. Debra Bond pulled up in her blue Civic, and we got in. She asked how the day went.

Janie was rather non-committal, uttering a “Fine.”

I was in the back seat with her, and I still had may arm around her. “Mrs. Bond, Janie’s upset because we were asked to go to the Homecoming dance, but she’s afraid that people will stare at her. I keep telling her that she’s beautiful, and that if they stare, that’s their own fault.”

Mrs. Bond nodded as she kept her eyes on the road. “Janie dear, do you want to schedule an appointment with Dr. Shaw while we are at the hospital?”

Janie sighed and shook her head, then she elbowed me in the ribs… HARD. Fortunately, she didn’t hit anywhere I was already bruised.

I went up to see Dr. Foster alone, as Janie and her mother had their appointment elsewhere. I sat in the office, and smiled at Nurse Betty, as I pretended to flip through some of the ancient magazines that littered the waiting room.

Eventually, I was instructed to head in. Dr. Foster greeted me cordially, and instructed me to put on the paper gown. He headed outside, while Nurse Betty took some blood and checked my blood pressure and weight. I was 115 Lbs.

Dr. Foster came back in a little while later and took my measurement of my height.

“Well Casey, you’ve hit the 5’4” mark. Nurse Betty said you told her that your bones and joints no longer ache? That’s usually a sign that you’ve hit your stopping point for the rapid loss of height. Your muscles, tendons, and ligaments may still give you some sporadic pain, but it seems you are coming to the end of the reshaping portion of your change. From here on, it should be mostly internal. I notice that your voice has changed. I’ll be wanting to check over your throat as well. I’ll be right back, I need to speak to Nurse Betty for just a second.”, he said in a friendly manner.

I sat on the exam table, swinging my feet in the air. After a few minutes he returned.

“Okay Casey, time for your ultrasound and then, if you are willing, we should probably do your pre-gynecology exam. I shuddered, but nodded. I knew that as I got later into my transition, that would come up. The reproductive organs are almost always the last things to mature. I scooted around to lay flat on the exam table, and I closed my eyes, as the cold gel was applied. I turned my head and looked at the screen. There were gray, indistinct blobs on it, and I had no idea what I was looking at, but the Doctor assured me that everything appeared normal.

Nurse Betty came in, and assisted the doctor in raising these metal stirrups up from the end of the table. I was instructed to put my feet in them, and I closed my eyes as the doctor examined my nether regions.
The gloves were cold and felt odd as he examined the small skin flap that was all that remained of my scrotum. I imagine that he probably examined my penis or clitoris, or whatever it was now. It has shrunk considerably, and was about 3 inches long, and at most an inch thick. The head had disappeared, and it was just a thin, wiggly thing. At least for now it had no sensation, because I would have died of embarrassment if it were able to get aroused.
Dr. Foster finished his examination, and left the room for a moment, to allow me to regain my composure. I got dressed and sat on the table again. And after a few minutes there was a knock.

“Come in”, I said. There was so much irony in the fact that he had left for my modesty’s sake. He had just examined the remains of my dick, checked on my new pee-hole, and tested my shrunken sack.
It was so funny, I couldn’t help but laugh.

Dr. Foster entered and sat down in one of the chairs over by the computer. “Everything seems to be okay. Your ovaries and uterus are developing at the normal rate for someone in your stage of the transition. Your clitoris seems to be developing at the same rate as well. Everything seems to be routine.”, he stated.

I looked over at him. “If I may ask, how long do I have left? I mean… until… you know?”, I sheepishly said.

He looked at me questioningly. “If you are talking about your vagina, that will probably be a week or two yet, at this rate of transition, at least. You should see the alteration of your scrotum into the beginning of the labia sooner though, possibly as soon as Monday. Don’t worry about it, you are well within the normal range for your transition.”

I took a deep breath. “One more question, Dr. Foster. Is there anything we can do about how… flat I am? I look at my friends and the other girls in school, and I feel like something is wrong with me. My nipples are bigger and all, but I’m still as flat as I was as a boy.”, I said dejectedly.

The doctor looked at me and smiled. “Don’t worry about it. All women develop breasts at different rates. You might be the last in class to start growing them, but you may end up the biggest in your class by the time you reach 12th grade, or you may remain the same size as you are. Don’t put so much pressure on yourself to conform to what others think.”

We stepped out of the exam room and went up front to the main desk. Nurse Betty smiled at me and we scheduled the next appointment. I sighed to myself. I didn’t think I was enough of a girl because I was as flat as a board, but everyone in school thought I was the hottest new girl around. Why can’t life be easy?

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

not being "enough of a girl"

"I didn’t think I was enough of a girl because I was as flat as a board"

boy, she's bought into the whole mess, just like a lot of girls. (not saying if I'm one ...)

DogSig.png