Project: Night Bird Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Aero Flight Industries, Coconino County, Arizona:
Katey couldn’t believe it’s been three months since she came to work for Aero Flight Industries. Project Night Bird was the resurrection of an old project Boeing abandoned in favor of drone development back in 2004.

The owner of Aero Flight decided to resurrect the project as their own and bought all the rights to the project. She even redesigned the helicopter that Boeing had built. The owner of Aero flight believed a drone can’t do what a human pilot could do and that hackers will find a way to bypass government control. They needed to stop relying on technology so badly.

Katey suits up and heads out to Night Bird 1 for today’s test trails. They were sending combat drones after her. Her gunner was as good as she was.

As she approaches Night Bird, she spots Jessica checking over things. She had been an Apache pilot just like herself and served overseas and fought against the Taliban. Her Apache had been brought down by a rocket and she had sustained several injuries from the explosion.

“Has everything checked out okay, Jessica?” Katey has learned a lot about Jessica in the last three months.

One of those things were, Jessica was still in the closet about her sexuality. Secondly, she suffered from nightmares of the day she was shot down. Thirdly, Jessica was scared to act on how she felt. Her father and mother were preachers and believed homosexuals go against the bible.

She knew Jessica wasn’t religious. Hell, Jessica was more open-minded than most people she knew.

“Everything is ready for today’s testing.” Jessica looks towards Katey as she comes walking out.

The two of them have been flying together for the last three months. She could pretty much anticipate what Katie wanted her to do.

“That’s good to know. Let’s get this party started.” Katey climbs aboard, followed by Jessica.

Once Katey gets the okay to take off, she does and starts following the path that had been laid out. She looks towards Jessica as she flies “so, what do you think they are going to throw at us, today?”

“Drones armed with missiles and mobile missile units.” Jessica double checks her systems as Katey lifts off and starts heading for the proving grounds.

Katey concentrates on her flying as they flew. The Night Bird was acting a little weird, unlike yesterday. She flies the helicopter and prepares for whatever attack was coming their way.

“Switching to stealth mode.” Jessica activates the new system they were trying out.

She notices the helicopter goes completely quiet and the helicopter blends with the sky. Jessica was amazed as the outside skin of the helicopter blended and sync itself with the sky.

“Oh, man I like this. This is something out of James Bond.” Jessica remembers watching a James Bond movie where his car could do what the helicopter was doing now.

“This is cool. What is even cooler, is the fact we aren’t showing up yet on the radar.” As they track a drone fly right by them.

They keep going and play possum all during the test. The controls still didn’t feel right to Katey. The helicopter was fighting her as she tried to control it.

“Jessica, I’m heading back to base. The controls aren’t responding like they did yesterday.” As Katey changes direction.

“Alright, I’ll radio the base that we are heading back.” Jessica switches to the encrypted frequency they were assigned.

“Night Bird, to AFI control tower, Night Bird to AFI control tower, we are experiencing some control problems and are heading back to the
hangar.” Jessica couldn’t believe they were experiencing control problems.

“Deactivating stealth system.” Jessica switches off the stealth systems.

The skin of the helicopter switches back to its normal black coloring. The control of the helicopter gets worse as they barely make it back. Katey lands the helicopter without any problems.

The ground crew come over and open up the engine compartment and start going through things.

“Come on Jessica, let’s go get some lunch. It might take them a while to fix the helicopter.” Katey escorts Jessica to her Jeep.

“Where are we going?” Jessica knew how adventurous Katey was.

“I found a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant not far, from here.” Katey drives towards the restaurant.

“What do you think is wrong with the helicopter?” Jessica felt it vibrating by the time they landed. She didn’t think they were going to make a safe landing.

“If I had to say, the control rod was out of alignment. I didn’t have problems with it yesterday, but today it wasn’t responding as it should.” Katey kept an eye out for the restaurant she spotted.

“How is your family doing?” Jessica knew Katey had two brothers and one older sister.

“They are doing well. My older sister has met someone she likes. It's just a matter of time before they get married.” Katey knew her brothers were going to start pressuring her to get married.

Katey slows down and takes the turn, a little fast. She pulls up into the parking lot.

“Do you always drive like a maniac?” Jessica had to hold onto the suicide bar for dear life.

“If you think I’m crazy, you should ride with my business partner. She’s extremely crazy.” Katey finds a good parking spot.

“What does your business partner do?” Jessica takes her seat belt off.

“She’s a private investigator. According to the Flagstaff newspaper, she just busted a black-market dealer that specializes in Native American artifacts.” Katey shuts the engine off and gets out of her jeep.

“So, you do private investigation, when you’re not flying?” Jessica looks over towards her flight partner.

“Sometimes. I haven’t worked on a case with my partner yet, except to shuttle her around.” Katey leads the way into the restaurant.

When they walk in, it had an old world feel to it. All the decorations looked to be authentic. Like they all had come from Mexico during the Western days. When America was still young.

An older Hispanic woman comes over and takes their drink order. She leaves them a menu to select their lunch. Katey already knew what she wanted for lunch.

Jessica looks over her menu. Mexican wasn’t something she wasn’t familiar with; except tacos and burritos, her family had a few times. She looks over to Katey “What would you recommend?”

“It’s my first time here. However, I normally judge a place by how well they do their burritos or their fajitas.” Katey loved fajitas.

“Sounds good. I’ll try theirs to see how well they do them.” Jessica closes her menu.

Their waitress returns and takes their order. Katey orders a large Margarita for herself and Jessica orders a normal Iced Tea. Once she leaves,
Katey looks at Jessica.” How are the nightmares?”

“Sometimes I have them, sometimes I sleep peacefully. I’m surprised I survived that attack.” Jessica still had reminders on her body from that attack.

“Trust me, I know how you feel,” Katey remembered getting hit in her shoulder from a machine gun, while she was saving some soldiers.

They sit and enjoy their drinks and food when it arrives. Katey has two more large Margarita. Which meant when they leave, Jessica ended up driving Katey back to her place. She takes Katie’s keys and opens her front door.

Jessica has been to Katey’s place a few times, so she knew where everything was. She helps Katey to her bedroom and helps undress her. A few times Katey tries to kiss her, but she stops her from doing it. As much as she likes Katie, she doesn’t know if she wants to get involved with her.

She was still learning about herself.

Jessica helps to undress Katey and to get her nightshirt on. Once she gets Katey to lay down in bed. She feels Katey pull her down to her and place a kiss on her.

“Stay with me, please.” Katey looks into Jessica’s eyes.

“I don’t think that would be wise.” Jessica had some feelings stirring beneath the surface for Katey.

“Please?” As Katey gives Jessica her puppy dog eyes.

Jessica just stared into Katey’s emerald green eyes. She couldn’t believe how green they were. She felt herself wavering from looking into those eyes.

“Fine, I’ll sleep with you.” Jessica starts removing her clothes and crawls into bed with Katey.

During the night, Katey worships Jessica’s body. She feeds the hunger she so desperately has been missing since she left the service. She also brings Jessica to heights she has never experience.

Jessica couldn’t believe what Katey was doing to her. She has sex before with men and two other women, but they had never done or made her feel the way Katey was doing with her tongue and fingers. After what seems like hours, Katey holds Jessica’s nude body against her as they slept.

Jessica had passed out from the orgasms Katey had given her. She slept peacefully for once since being shot down. She felt Katey’s arms holding her.

Katey held Jessica against her body. She could tell from Jessica’s breathing that she was finally sleeping like a baby. She places a kiss on Jessica’s cheek “sleep tight, sweetie.”

Jessica wakes up hours later and finds herself naked and held by Katey. She tries to see what time it was, but she couldn’t find her cellphone. She turns around in Katey’s arms and looks at her sleeping face. She traces Katey’s full lips with her finger. She couldn’t believe what Katey did to her last night. Everything, she felt from Katey, made her want more. She leans in and kisses Katey on the mouth.

Katey felt someone kissing her and she returned the kiss. Her grip around Jessica increase, pressing their breasts together more. Kissing leads to more sex. When they are finally done and have gone to the bathroom. They fall asleep in each other's arms. Three hours had slipped by, by the time they wake-up again. Jessica was snuggled against Katey’s body.

Jessica looks up at Katey and notices she was still asleep. She found one of Katey’s ticklish spots while exploring her body. She slides out of bed and rushes to the bathroom. Her bladder was urging her to pee.

“Sounds like you have a waterfall coming out of you.” Katey was standing in the doorway watching Jessica as she peed.

Jessica’s cheeks turn red from Katey’s comment and the fact that she had another woman watching her pee. She was still a little shy about certain things. Even in high school, she didn’t like other girls watching her as she changed clothes.

“Are you going to keep watching me as I pee?”

A smile appears on Katey’s face as she turns and heads towards the kitchen. She fixes a pot of coffee for the two of them. She also cracks open a can of biscuits and place them in the oven.

Jessica comes walking into the kitchen wearing the nightshirt she put on Katey. She also put on a clean pair of Katey’s panties, since she didn’t have any with her. She wasn’t planning on spending the night, but after Katey had looked into her eyes with those beautiful emerald green eyes of hers. She couldn’t resist staying and sleeping with Katey.

“What’s for breakfast, besides you?” Jessica had looked at Katey with a smirk on her face.

Katey just smiles from that comment “how do some eggs, sausage, and fresh baked biscuits sound?”

“Sounds wonderful. I hope the coffee is fresh as well.” Jessica spotted the coffee brewing.

“It is. There’s creamer in the refrigerator and sugar on the counter, in the glass jar.” Katey points towards the sugar container.

Jessica gets up and fixes herself a cup of coffee. Katey fixes breakfast for them. The clock in the kitchen was showing that it was 11:00 am.

“Do you want coffee?” Jessica spotted Katey’s favorite coffee cup.

“Yeah, I would love a cup.”

Jessica fixes her a cup as well. She knew how many creamers and sugars she took.

“Here you go.” Jessica hands the cup to Katie.

“Thanks.” Katey accepts it and takes a sip of it.

Katey finishes fixing breakfast for them. She places two plates on the table and put the biscuits in a basket and set that on the table. Once she places everything on the table.

“Dig in.” Katey sits down across from Jessica.

“So, do you think they will have the Night Bird fix, by Monday?” Jessica had fixed herself a scrambled egg and sausage biscuit.

“Yeah, the chief engineer for the company is flying in to handle the problem herself. Once that problem is fixed, we get to see what other problems we can find.” Katey had a smile on her face when she says that.

Jessica just shakes her head and enjoys her breakfast. She knew how crazy of a pilot Katey was after flying with her for the past three months.

“So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?” She looks at Katey.

“Well, we could go out and do some shopping or we could stay here and watch a movie or two.” Katey didn’t do much on the weekends, except fly or drink.

“We can do a movie or something tomorrow. Why don’t we go by my apartment so I can change and grabs some clothes to bring over?” Jessica felt like wearing something other then she wore the other day.

“Okay.”

After breakfast, Jessica helps Katey clean up the kitchen. Jessica goes and puts the clothes she had on the other day. She feels Katey caress her but cheeks “I like the way my panties support your ass.”

Jessica just blushes from the compliment. All of this was new to her. She didn’t know how to handle these new emotions.

Once she and Katey were dressed. They drive over to Jessica’s place so she could change and grab some clothes. They stop at the grocery store and pick up what they will need for dinner tonight. Jessica was willing to cook for the two of them. They spend the rest of Saturday watching movies and later fixing dinner. On Sunday the only thing they put on our nightshirts.

Four Months Later:
“Targeting system operating at one hundred percent and lasers fully charge at 100%” Jessica was loving the new weapon system Aero Flight
Industries installed into Night Bird, and the new targeting system as well. Whatever they looked and fired at, it hit with one hundred percent accuracy.

Instead of having a mini-gun or autocannon like the Apaches had. Night Bird had been equipped with a new railgun. It could go right through the armor of an M1 Abram tanks armor.

It was just recently they had been fitted for two laser cannons. One on each side of the helicopter. Their internal missile bays held fewer missiles than the Apache, but it was equipped with lasers now and advance targeting systems that could lock onto the newer missiles and blow them up before they reach them.

They were out testing the new targeting systems when Jessica picks up communication from a State Trooper under fire by armed assailants. She brings up the location of the Trooper and their location. They could get to him before reinforcements showed.

“Katey, there’s a State Trooper that needs help.” Jessica plays the emergency radio signal.

“AFI Tower 4, we’re changing course to provide support to a State Trooper under fire.” Katey turns the helicopter towards the direction the State Trooper was.

“Roger, Night Bird. Informing emergency units to join you.” Jerry was monitoring the tracking beacon Night Bird was equipped with when they weren’t under stealth mode.

Once the helicopter went into stealth mode, they couldn’t track it. It was designed that way, just in case someone learned its transponder code. Only the Chinese currently had anything remotely capable of picking up on it.

As Katey brings them closer to the gunfight going on the highway. They could see that the trooper was pinned behind his car. He had managed to turn it sideways to help protect himself. There were three people shooting at him with automatic rifles. They had the trooper pinned down.

“Zoom in on the trooper, Jessica.” Katey wonders why the trooper hadn’t moved.

Jessica zooms in on the trooper. She could see he has been shot up badly and was losing blood.

“Charging lasers.” Jessica flips the switch for the lasers.

“Hold off on the lasers. Let’s see if I can dust them.” Katey brings the helicopter in closer and lower to the combat.

Officer Miller had tried to call for back-up, but he didn’t know if his signal had been received. The people he was pursuing, had stolen the car they were in and killed the occupants. He had managed to tap their bumper, forcing them off the road, but they managed to recover. The car blew a tire. Just as he was going to stop and try to arrest them. They got out of the car and started firing at him. He managed to turn his car
sideways to use for protection. Several bullets had hit him, and they had him pinned down behind his car.

He feels a strong wind pick-up as a black helicopter appeared and started lowering down on his location. He looks up while shielding his eyes as it hovered right above the three figures.

“Drop your weapons now, before I turn you into a grease spot on the highway.” Jessica opens the weapon bays.

The three gang members saw the black helicopter hovering right above them and was whipping up a hell of a lot of wind. Even if they wanted to fight to turn their guns towards the helicopter, they couldn’t. They saw two black pods lower from the side of the helicopter. They throw their guns down and get down on the ground with their hands behind their heads.

Several patrol cars arrive, along with a medical chopper. Katey had stayed to make sure the gangsters didn’t get any ideas. Once the police officer was being taken care of by the paramedics. She heads back to AFI airfield.

“Oh, man. Did you see the look on their faces when we let the cloak drop?” Jessica had recorded it for later.

“Or when the weapon pods drop down and were aimed at them?” Katey had a big ole’ smile on her face.

The techs come out and pull Night Bird into his hangar. Jessica was feeling good about what they did.

“The Commanding officer of the State Trooper you saved, sends his thanks. Also, he asks if you have any footage of what you did, and could you send it to him?” Murray Webber wanted to give his test pilot’s the Commanding officer of the State Troopers message personally.

“Hey, Murray. We have some footage you can give him. You should have seen the gangsters face when we appeared. It was like something out of Star Trek.”

“I bet it was. You did well. Let’s head inside and you can give me a debrief on what happened.”

“No problem.” The three of them head towards the main building, while Night Bird is hooked up to his support equipment.

up
274 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice!

Yet another great start to another story.

I've kept up with most everything you have written since you started posting here, keep up the great work :)

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

His?

Shouldn't night bird be a her?

His?

When you have two female pilot's. They consider Night Bird a her, not a his.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Pardon? You have it in the

Pardon? You have it in the last paragraph that Night Bird is hooked up to 'his' support.

So, do you mean that with two female pilots, it's a 'him', or is it a typo in the story?


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Correction

I meant to say, that with two female pilot's its a him, not a her. I wrote the wrong response.

Scarlett.jpg“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

"the gangsters face"

WillowD's picture

Usually I get my first giggle of the day much earlier in the day. This one was particularly funny.

Thank you, my Lady Dragon.

Night bird earned

Samantha Heart's picture

His wings today, not to say the testing is done, but it was a good day for all involved except the gang members, well yes a good day for them too as they are not just grease spots on the road lol, all things considered a successful test flight

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Project Night Bird

I'll keep it simple:
Found it...
Read it...
Loved it...
Want more of it.....Please... Please... Please
A great start to another great story.

Willow

This sounds a little bit...

NoraAdrienne's picture

Like an updated version of AirWolf. A stolen military chopper hidden in a mountain. Jan Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine.