Avenging Angel Chap. 21

Printer-friendly version

Gypsy wipes her forehead, as she works on another new suit of body armor. The Admiral of Special Operations wanted two more suits built. This way they would have a six-man unit that they could deploy. Nathan had said that he wasn’t going to reenlist, but he would hire on as a trainer. He would show his replacement and the others how the suits worked.

Patrick was working on the programming of the custom circuit boards they used. Some suggestions had been made to contract the work out, but Gypsy and Patrick felt that it would be better for them to build them. As for the smiting of the armor material, that was done in house.
Gypsy and Patrick didn’t trust anyone else with the technique.

“Gypsy, you have a video call.”

Gypsy looks towards one of the airmen that had been assigned to help her and Patrick. Her specialty was programming and communications. She worked on the body armor communication gear.

“Who is it?” Gypsy walks over towards her work area.

“FBI Special Agent Garcia.” Spawn had answered the video call for Gypsy.

Gypsy walks over to where her computer was set up. She saw FBI Special Agent Garcia’s face on the screen.

“Hi, special agent, what can I do for you?”

“Well, I have some good news for you and some bad news for you. The good news is, we found where they had been sending the specs to your armor design. Also, they had sent the programming and skeleton design for the armor. The information was sent to some Russian contacts of Andy’s. The other good news is they didn’t get a copy of the operating program for or the battery design. They also didn’t get your gauss rifle design.”

“Well that is good news and bad news rolled all in one. So, what does that mean for me and Patrick?” Gypsy was curious and she knew Patrick was as well.

“It means, you two can carry on with your life. The CIA and NSA are going to handle the Russians.” Garcia had gotten the word from her higher-ups.

“Well, that is good to hear. Thank you for everything you did for us.” Gypsy was grateful for what Special Agent Garcia did.

“It was my pleasure. I’ll check in on you two every once in a while to see how you're doing. You take care and try not to set your new place on fire.” A smile appears on Garcia’s face after that comment.

“I’ll try.” Gypsy ends the call.

“Was that special agent Garcia?” Patrick comes walking over towards Gypsy.

“Yeah, she said that the Russians got our armor manufacturing technique, but not our programming or weapon, and jet pack design.” Gypsy didn’t look to disappointing.

“It’s not like our manufacturing technique is a secret. We got it off the web from a teacher experimenting with the process. Did they get our battery design?” Patrick hopes they didn’t. Because it took him and Gypsy to figure out the right power storage the suit could carry and how much the systems would need in order to operate.

“No, they didn’t get our battery design either. Just our armor design and manufacturing technique.” Gypsy was glad that most of their hard work was still their’s.

“So, who do you think the Admiral will get to wear the other two suits?” Patrick looks at the one he was working on.

“I don’t know, but Nathan has agreed to teach his replacement on how to use his suit.” Lindsey was going to have to make some adjustments to it, for the new pilot.

They might have to build a new one and keep Nathan’s original to try out new systems and weapons on. Since his was the working prototype.

“Have you contacted your folks yet and told them about your new job and location?” Patrick looks towards Gypsy.

“I thought I would spring it on them after I have the operation to straighten my plumbing out.” Gypsy finally got her letters to get her operation. All she has to do now is find a doctor to perform it.

“You do like to spring surprises on them. How do you think they will take it?” Patrick has met members of Gypsy’s family.

“They don’t approve of it, just as they don’t approve of me being a woman. However, other members of the community I was brought up in,
don’t care or won’t say anything out of respect to me.” Gypsy was surprised that even the leaders of her Amish community didn’t say either way.

“Have you thought about going back to live in your community?” Patrick already knew Gypsy’s answer, but liked the expression she gets.

“Are you kidding me? I would rather have a root canal, then go back to live in that community. They are still catching up with everyone else.” Gypsy couldn’t believe how much catching up she had to do. When she decided not to go back to her community.

Patrick just smiles as he tests his handy work. He was planning on going out after work today. He knew Gypsy was still decorating her apartment. She already had her workroom already set-up.

Their next projects were to design a suit for Firefighters. The Admiral wanted them to design a suit for the Navy Seals. The problem with that is that they needed to make the suit light enough for the wearer to swim in and float. Gypsy sits down at her computer and brings up her CAD program and the finished suit of their current armor and start modifying it for underwater use.

She does some research and finds a few interesting theories and items that might be useful to them. She’ll have to write the person doing the research about the items. Gypsy continues working till, about 1800 hrs. Her and Patrick close up shop and leave for the day.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

There are two ways to make a

There are two ways to make a diving suit.

1) You completely seal it, like a space suit. That means that it going to have to fight against the pressure outside, as well as the effects of salt water on the various seals.

2) You make it so that the electronics and such are sealed, but allow the water to flow around it. That makes the suit much easier to wear, but puts more emphasis on sealing everything else. It also makes 'the bends' more of an issue, as you have to increasingly pressurise the air they breathe. Mostly a problem if they go deep. Most frogmen don't go any deeper than they have to in order to avoid being seen, so they don't risk the bends. (My step-grandfather was a WW-II Canadian frogman)

Buoyancy isn't that important. There are plenty of ways of making it so that a heavy object can rise, or a light one can sink.

Look up Wet suit and dry suit. (The water inside the suit isn't as good for very cold water; you'd have to heat it to a degree)


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

I like this story

WillowD's picture

This is one of Lady Dragon's current stories that I particularly like.

Sounds like

Samantha Heart's picture

They have their work cut out for them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.