Heroes For Hire Chp. 14

Printer-friendly version

“Striker, you better come and see this.” April was standing in the doorway looking towards Month’s body.

“What’s wrong, April?” Striker’s walks over towards April. He looks past her and into the bedroom.

Month’s body was laying on the floor in just the boxers he had on. Striker walks over and kneels next to Month’s body. He checks his pulse.in three different locations. The man was dead. He looks over towards April “you better get Nayeli to come and confirm Month’s death.”

“On it, boss.” April heads towards the living room, where Charlie and Dr. Nayeli Greene were watching the newest Dead Pool movie.

Larka had gone out on his custom motorcycle along with Stacy. Jessie was laying on the floor watching the movie with Dr. Greene and Charlie.
Jerry was outside helping Peyton with a project. He had looked at the sample Striker asked him too and determine that most of the ingredients in it, was organic and biological. He couldn’t replicate it with his abilities.

“Hey Nayeli, Striker needs you for a few minutes.” April saw that they were halfway through the Dead Pool movie.

“Alright.” Dr. Greene gets up and follows April.

“I can pause it, mom.” Charlie looks towards her mother.

“It’s alright sweetie. You and Jessie go ahead and continue watching it.”

Charlie watches as her mother and April head down the hallway. She wonders what Striker wanted with her mother. She turns back around and continues watching the movie.

“What’s going on?” Dr. Greene was wondering why April came got her.

“Month is dead, and Striker wanted you to verify it.” April stops at the doorway.

Dr. Greene walks over and checks Month. Striker was standing nearby. She kneels next to the body and checks him. She sends her power into him.

After a few minutes, Dr. Greene stands up and looks at Striker and April “he’s dead. He died from a heart attack.”

“Well, that’s something the Marshal service didn’t tell us about.” Striker hated delivering bad news.

“I bet they didn’t know. We need to call the coroner and you need to call the Marshal service.” Dr. Greene pulls her cellphone out to call the
coroner. She knew the coroner, so there wouldn’t be any problems. They attended the same medical school together.

Dr. Greene goes down to the medical bay located in a sub-level under the ranch and grabs a body bag. She keeps a handful around the medical lab for the people on the team. She doesn’t want Charlie to see what is going on, so she has April look after Charlie.

Thirty minutes later, the local coroner shows up at the house. Dr. Greene watches as Striker carries the body out to the vehicle for the two men that came to pick it up.

“You know something, we could use this to our advantage.” Striker watches as the guys from the coroner carries Month’s body out to the hearse.

“How so?” April looks at Striker.

“We let it slip where he is and capture the assassin. Since he is dead we can use him as bite now without worrying about him being killed.” Striker figures his death could solve two problems at once.

Graft Bioresearch, Manhattan, KS:
Parker removes the dirty clothes he has been wearing since living on the street. He was in a locker room along with several other people who had answered the flyer. He had been given the flyer by a man in a business suit. The ad had been asking for volunteers and would be well reimbursed for volunteering.

Once he was naked like everyone around him. They are all escorted to the showers and given wash rag and soap. They are told to wash their body and when they are done washing their bodies. They step out of the shower and are given a couple of shots from men and women dress in white suits.

Parker was given six shots, compared to everyone else who was given four shot. He wonders why he was given six shots. He follows everyone through a scanner and Parker felt a warm sensation at the spots he had been given his shots.

All of them were led to rooms that had clear walls, after being given green hospital scrubs to wear. There were three beds in each room. He was placed with two women. One had to be in her sixtises and look like she was ready to die. The other one he figured must be in her thirties but was coughing a lot.

When the lights were turned off, the corners of the room would light up to give them some light. Throughout the night, all three of them moan and sweat as the drugs and nanites that had been injected into their bodies went to work rearranging their bodies.

Parker felt his body burning up and changing as his bones crack and shatter as they rearrange themselves. The other women in the room were experiencing the same thing as he was. The old women’s heart gives out and dies. The other woman, blood erupts out of her mouth as she chokes on it.

Extra skin starts to form on Parker's body. It forms a flesh cocoon around his body. It starts drawing energy from the lights in the corners. They flicker as energy strikes the cocoon surrounding his body.

The doctors and medical staff watch as the people they had given shots to start changing, bursting into flames or just die. So, far out of the fifty people they were experimenting on, only four have shown any signs of being changed. They were curious about the teenager they put with the women. A flesh cocoon had formed around his body and was pulling electricity to it. They tried cutting the power, but the switch had been shorted open. The only other way to kill the power was to shut the building down.

“Let’s see what happens overnight.” Dr. Merritt wanted to see what all the shots that had been given to the teenager does to him.

“If you say so, Doctor.” Medical assistant Ortiz wonders what was inside the vials they shot the teenager up with.

Dr. Merritt examines the others. The dead bodies were being removed and taken to the crematory. He does examine a few before they are taken to be burned. One body looked like the serum that it had been given, had eaten the body from the inside out.

He makes a few notes about the bodies after taking pictures.

“Alright, dispose of the bodies and transfer the remaining four to examination room 2.” Dr. Merritt turns and walks out.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This expermintation

Samantha Heart's picture

Needs to be put to a stop! Riker & his Team are just the ones to do it too. Then I hope they get the assisin as well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

lesson number one never

lesson number one never volunteer for a medical experiment. they call it an experiment for a reason they give you stuff to find out what it will do, if they don't know why would you want it in you.
a friend doesn't like doctors he says they call it a practice because they are still practicing.

Wrong people got shots

Jamie Lee's picture

The volunteers were the wrong people to get the shots. Merritt and his staff should be getting the shots in the hopes that they experience what those who died went through.

Others have feelings too.