Anchors Aweigh – 26 From Crossdresser to T-Girl

Printer-friendly version


Anchors Aweigh – 26
From Crossdresser to T-Girl


By Jessica C


=^_^=~


It was the second basketball game of the season and our girls won. That was when I was pulled into the locker room and thrown into the showers. I could hear Kaylea and Trisha saying, “Happy Anniversary!” as I was thrown in the shower. I hadn’t worn my breast forms. So when my cheerleaders top came off; they saw that the girls there were real.

Kaylea was the one to notice and announce, “Look she gets excited like one of us as well.” It was Anne who saved my lower exposure. She had brought in my panties, bra, and outfit. I had not been given permission to use the girls’ locker room yet. But since the team pulled me in, it was deemed that I had the approval of the other girls. That negated any so-called harm.

It was nearly ten when they took me out to celebrate. They had consistently laughed when I asked, ‘What anniversary?’ Anne finally said, “You don’t realize it yet? …It was the second game last year when you officially became part of our team. No one knew it was the beginning of Rose.”

They took me to celebrate. We had ordered and received our drinks when my phone rang. “Hi Rose, its’ Debra, and Lieut. Fields. It’s the dark of morning here. We wanted to say Happy Birthday! We are so happy that you got in trouble a year ago and all the good you brought out of it.”

Jennifer Fields says, “We like the new Dort, but we’re so glad you were the one to bring her to life… I want to know who got you to do the Betty Grable pose. The guys on the ship are happy to slap your cheesecakes.”

“What? That picture was never to have been sent anywhere… Tell me if it was Anne or Therese who sent it?”

I heard Jennifer’s giggle, “Don’t hear what you’re asking. We must be having trouble with the connection. Happy Birthday, over and out.”

I raised my voice, “Anne Evans!”

Anne chuckled, “I don’t know anything about any picture. You’re the one who posed for it, you should take the responsibility. If you want we can send one from the shower room, but maybe it should be sent via the internet.”

I said, “If there are any pictures they all should be destroyed. If anyone posts even one you’ll see all the fury of this girl!”

Kaylea spoke up, “I had already laid down the law before we grabbed you there were to be no pictures. But we do thank you, we have had all wins with you onboard.”

We were getting ready to leave when Police Officer Marcy Haggen-Miller came through the door. She took out a pad like she was going to write out a ticket. She tore one out handing it to me. “You, young lady are one of my better juvenile delinquent stories.” She handed me the notice and asked, “Is it okay, or do I need to write out an official summons?”

I looked and then smiled, ‘She wanted to take me Saturday to buy some clothes. She was offering a $25 gift card if I went.’ “You don’t have to bribe me. You were the one who set the tone to hold me responsible, and you helped to make it a positive experience. I am sure no one, including neither you nor I, expected this?”

Officer Hagen-Miller once again gave me a ride home. I was glad she didn’t use her siren or special lights.

Dad greeted us at the door. I said, “Officer Marcy, you’re the first to see my Dad without a cane or walker.”

With that Marcy exited the car and went up to greet him. She said, “You don’t know, how wonderful it is to see you doing so well.” She turned to me and asked, “Did you know that your father delivered my first daughter Constance.”

Dad said, “And I was glad to hear that they hired her on as a history teacher.”

I silently thought, “Ms. Hagen, the new history teacher, is she your daughter? I have her for World History. She’s awesome, but don’t tell her that. If I’m lucky I might get her for American History next year.”

Officer Marcy said, “She’d probably like it if you could get someone from the USS Cook to speak to her American History class.”

=^_^=~


I was a little anxious come Saturday when Marcy Hagen-Miller came to pick me up to go shopping. Her daughter Connie was with her to take me shopping. I wasn’t expecting Ms. Hagen, but I did have contact information for the ship and Lieutenant Fields.

I had done my math related to Officer Hagen and for Connie to have been her daughter. It meant Officer Marcy was either 16 or 17 when Constance was born. I must have been looking back and forth between them enough that it indicated I was thinking something. So they asked and we talked.

While it wasn’t actually a secret, because others besides myself could figure it out. It became a confidential talk as they had concerns about me telling others.

We had fun shopping as all three of us got some clothes. I got a long green skirt that I needed for chorus and holiday concerts.

=^_^=~


Several games later, we played the Wildcats, which was a team I remembered playing the year before. Last year, it was a rather easy game, but with a year more experience to go along with their maturing talent; they made a tough game of it. Our girls won 60-56.

The memorable time for me was when their cheerleaders hosted us at half-time. Their head cheerleader Tyree said, “Last year’s captain Struthers didn’t want you, Rose to think, you’re forgotten so we got you a diet book this year.”

I had struggled to keep the pounds off after Thanksgiving, and I have become more appearance conscience. Another problem is that as I am becoming more of a girl, my muscles are changing as well. I could notice a difference since late September that I am not quite as strong. My joints are sore at times and Dr. Holly Campbell says it is because there are slight changes to my skeletal frame.

She had come to see me perform as a cheerleader at the Wildcat game. Which was close to where she lived. She told me, “It had been a month and a half since your last appointment. I noticed a sizeable change and I must say, “It was a joy to see you as a cheerleader. You seem to be handling the transition quite well. It is hard for me to imagine you being Robert.”

I told her, “Yes, but I’ve lost some of my body strength.”

“Well would you like me to put you on some testosterone,” she asked?

“You know that I don’t. You’re going to say that goes with the transition or that there are trade-offs. All I want is a little sympathy.”

She said, “I hope you can be satisfied with the compliment that you are becoming a quite attractive young woman. Now we can begin thinking about how far you want to go in your transition and whether you would want us to move the process along more quickly if possible?”

I said, “With singing in chorus and cheering, will my voice continue to soften. I have become quite comfortable with my voice. I’m a little concerned if I have to worry about it changing as it does with teenage boys?”

Dr. Holly giggled lightly to herself, “I can double check, but it appears your body is adapting and becoming that of a girl. I would suspect your voice won’t be maturing as a young man.”

I am enjoying chorus; though I don’t like hearing my own voice other than to know it is a good girl’s voice. I won’t be singing any solos or duets soon. It is nice to have places that I am seen as an ordinary girl. Even with Therese, I like seeing me as an ordinary girl. We can talk about anything, it doesn’t need to be romantic or personal. Therese introduced me to keeping a diary as well as taking pictures. I made a small booklet from photos I took and others had given to me. The booklet was of last year’s Destroyer’s basketball season and their state championship.

I am not very comfortable with the pictures of me in it. It is obvious to me that I started as a boy dressed to look like a girl. True enough, but it could be seen that first when the women from the USS Cook came I had begun to change. There was one picture with Deb Triens that I noticeably appeared more naturally feminine. Then when we went to the holiday tournament I had begun to relax. Even despite the times, I was hurt; it became more evident that talking to the young boys who cross-dressed or when I was interviewed. Those times began to mean more to me.

Therese and I were looking through the booklet when she commented. “I remember when you became more determined not to let your detractors win. I wasn’t yet thinking you were becoming a girl.”

I said, “I was determined that I wasn’t, but by the end of February I thought I was becoming Rose. I was delaying the time I would quit being Rose. I wasn’t telling people about the pills and extra pills I was taking. Nor did I tell anyone about the feelings I was having with my breasts and nipples.”

=^_^=~


I like how this year is progressing with so many things feeling normal to the new me. I was singing in Chorus and there would be more than the holiday concert. I hadn’t remembered they sang at the elementary schools or the middle school. There were two assisted/independence living residences and a care center that we’d sing at. Between chorus, cheer practice and games, I had to work hard to keep up with my school work.

There was a one hour protest on a Thursday morning that I was part of for the LGBT Club. Principal Evans told me, “Rose, as a member of the Cheering team, you are not to be taking part in such things.”

I asked, “What is going to be the consequence, because the protest is not only about me, but other students who are different? How can I not take part?”

She said, “If you stop right now, there won’t be any punishment. I think others in the group will understand. But if you don’t stop, you will be suspended from the team for a week, if not longer.”

My eyes teared, but I softly said, “I hope it will only be for one week, but people need to understand this is serious for us. The other students protesting need to be heard. My part may be insignificant, but I don’t feel like I have a choice.

Cece and Georg, two leaders of the protest, tell me, “It is okay if you quit the protest. We’ll understand.”

‘Yes, but what if they were in my shoes?’

“Cece, last year, you told me that you didn’t want my actions mocking those who see themselves different. I didn’t understand that well then.” I gave her a hug, “I had sisters, who stood up and helped me. I want to be a sister with you and the others this year because I do understand better.”

Cece smiled, “I appreciate that, but what if they don’t allow you to sing with the Chorus?” No, one had said anything about that.

It was an hour later that I was called in to see my Guidance Advisor and Principal Evans was soon there. “Miss. Anderson, I called you in to tell you of the consequences of your staying out of class in protest with other students. Both the Cheer Team and Chorus are honor programs carrying higher standards for participation in them. You will only be suspended from participation on the Cheer team for a week and the two programs the Chorus has this week. But you will be ineligible for either if there are other violations this year. Do you understand?”

“I understand what you are saying, but I have a letter I’m working on to the school as I think it is unfair. I feel you have generally been fair to me and I have lived with the consequences of my actions as you know. But others don’t feel they have received fair treatment or been accepted into the general life of the school. The protest this morning was done with the minimal effect to the normal school day. If I and others can’t protest after this has previously been brought to the attention of the school. It leaves smaller populations of the school community vulnerable to their issues not receiving proper understanding.”

“I have disciplined myself to bring up my grades and to participate in school activities that are as much for the benefit of others and to represent the school, as much as my own benefit. Punishing a student for being a good citizen seems contrary to what good citizenship means.”

“I am addressing my letter to you Principal Evans, Superintendent Miller, and The School Board Members. I haven’t had a chance to proofread and to refine it as might be needed. It won’t be ready to hand in until tomorrow.”

=^_^=~


My Dad had gone back to working part-time by this time, but he was home by the time school was over for the day and I was able to get home. Dad greeted me. I could tell by his speech that he had news of my protest.

“I can’t believe it, Rose. You have been doing so well, why did you have to do something to cause trouble? You have gotten the respect of others, do you really want to throw all of that away? That doesn’t even say anything about how it reflects on us as a family.”

“Dad, I’m accepting the consequences of my actions, but I think there’s more to it. Others are not being treated as fairly as I’ve been. If anything, it feels like they’re getting some of the animosity that might have been directed to me. But my concerns were more in the eye of the public.”

Dad said, “I agree that Altria’s case could have been treated more fairly. But I’ve been told I don’t know or understand all the facts. The information on the others is similar.”

“Dad, that’s it. We’re always told such things, but Mr. Batey has had problems with certain groups of students before Shannon had him as a teacher. There’s no record of him even undergoing the sensitivity training of regular teachers. Someone who has a record of perceived problems would seem to be a teacher they’d make sure took the training.”

I continued, “I for one would like to take one of the classes he teaches, but I won’t if he’s teaching it.”

My Mom had come in behind me, and she must have heard enough of what I said. She said, “Yes, I thought his literature class would be good for you, but I resisted suggesting it to you for the same reasons. He supposedly was close to retiring when Shannon had him as a teacher. People said that is why they didn’t press for the training.”

I said, “If it is okay, I’d just like to relax for a while and not deal with all of this right now.”

=^_^=~


I was soon to my room, out of my school clothes and down to my panty and bra. I was on my smartphone talking to Therese, texting with Anne and see another text from a Scott Trope from another school. “I saw you when you were here to play the Wildcats… If I came to your girls’ basketball game Friday could I have time to talk to you?”

I felt a little guilty talking to Therese as I wanted to text Scott and say, ‘Yes’. If he’s the guy I saw at a distance. He seemed to be talking when I saw him, but I didn’t think he had been trying to talk to me. The timing would work as Therese was to be off making a couple of college visits.

I was up and to my closet taking a dress and holding it in front of me and I looked into my mirror. ‘Yes.’ Some thoughts and feelings were changing in me. There were times I get excited and tingle a bit inside about some boys. It is happening more with me. I know Therese has looked at a number of boys and even dated a few. But I told her she was the only one for me.

Therese’s voice became louder over the phone, “You’ve gone from talkative to being distracted what’s going on?”

I tried to cover myself, “I was just focusing on listening.”

“That’s funny as I was waiting for you to say something back. What was the last thing you heard me say?”

“Um, um. …I’m sorry, I guess I was distracted, my mind went black.”

Therese said, “Was it about a boy?”

“No! Why would you say that?”

She said, “One you got a little short just then. Plus, we talked about it. You deny it, but you’re noticing boys more than you did. Didn’t your counselors say it might happen as your testosterone level went down? There’s no getting around that you’re more girl than Robert was.”

Therese said, “You don’t need to answer if you’re uncomfortable, but don’t lie either. Is it some guy in particular?”

‘Damn! Whether I say no and she finds out later, or, if I’m quiet, the conclusion is the same…’ “I had just gotten a text from a guy that was at the Wildcat game. But I don’t even know him.”

She asked, “Do you think it was that boy who we saw looking at you several times… I think it’s funny. Lord knows I tried to make sure he knew I was with you. But he was cute, I have to say that. If a girl was going to admit she likes boys, he could divert one’s attention.”

“When and where does he want to meet you,” she asked?

“Why can’t she be quiet and let us talk about something else.”

My phone went dead, she hung up. Minutes later phone rings again and now it’s Anne and Therese. Anne speaks up and said, “I wondered what was happening. Too bad I needed to hear it from Therese and not you… I told Therese an ideal solution is to meet him at Friday’s game. You could even sit with him since you can’t cheer… Oh, by the way, our squad understands and kind of sides with you. We don’t, however, want you to goof up and get thrown off the cheer team. That would cause major trouble.”

Therese asks, “So when did he want to see you?”

I’m frustrated that they’re ahead of me again. “He wants to see me after the girls’ game on Friday. But I might be grounded.”

Anne said, “I and my mom will speak to your parents. I can’t believe they’d really ground you for that…”

To be continued…

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The right to Protest

Samantha Heart's picture

Is granted under the first amendment "the freedom to assemble peacefuly." Now it could have been held before or after school or a smday when school was out true, but this way made a biger impact. Unfair punishment kind of. It could be a gray area under the federal law. But I feel Rose did the right thing standing up for what she believed in.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Singled out

Jamie Lee's picture

Were the other students of the protest treated the same as Rose? If they weren't, and the story doesn't say, then why single out Rose? Was it because of her being on the cheer squad and in choir, two groups which represent the school? And why get upset about a protest when Robert's punishment was them putting him on the cheer squad as a girl.

Why should they get upset by a protest that tries to bring attention to the unfairness of how some students are treated? Isn't part of their job to see that all students are treated fairly and equally by everyone, teachers included.

If they are upset that Rose took part in something which could show the school in a bad light, then they should have thought the same by the way Robert was punished.

And if there are those who now support what Robert is doing, and has done, why aren't they standing behind her now?

That school is showing the entire school that hypocracy is alive and well, and that it's okay to be a hypocrite when it suits those in charge.

Others have feelings too.

'Should' is the key word...

"Should' the keyword where fairness comes into play. Our community is well aware of what should happen doesn't always happen. Public schools respond to many people of differing thoughts and many private school respond to people voting with their money.

You share some good food for thought.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

protest

I am glad Rose come out in support of the LGBT students however as stated cheer leading and chorus are honor programs and a code of conduct is to be followed in order to participate. All actions have consequences, Rose needs to decide what is more important, her cause or her activities. Hopefully her letter will get a fair hearing. That being said I sympathize with the school on this, what if she had been protesting for something less favorable like supporting students with white extremist ideologies, would you still let her off, the rules have to be applied equally to all. And what punishment are the other students getting if any?

legofun