Stuck in a Rut - Part 35

Printer-friendly version

Stuck in a Rut.
By Rosalie Redd

Casey Church is a normal 13 year old girl, But in a world where there hasn’t been a girl born in over 100 years, Casey adjusts to her new life as a girl. Can Casey cope with everything that comes with being a girl, or will others conspire to ruin her life?

Chapter 35

It was raining when I woke up. The sort of cold Autumn rain that washes away all the memories of the summer. I sighed and got dressed, throwing on some jeans and a cute hoodie. It was my first time out in any pants that weren’t a track suit or sweat pants. I looked in the mirror, and admired the fit. I could certainly see what people were talking about, when they said I had a ‘booty’. Still, I thought I looked hot, and I went downstairs with a smile on my face.

Mom offered DeShaun and I a ride, but I opted to walk instead. I grabbed an umbrella and my old raincoat. It was a little big on me, but I rolled the sleeves enough to make it work.

I entered first period, and sat down beside Luna. I looked over. She had covered up the black eye effectively, but the split lip was harder to do. I patted her on the back.

“It’s a shame that you got beaten up for their jealousy”, I said sympathetically.

“It’s not really your fault.”, she said. “When Marcia drugged Adam, and he became Amy, She lost football, which was going to be her ticket to popularity. May was going to to ride those coat-tails into the popular clique. With no way in, they are resorting to using their muscle to horn in on it. That’s why they are going after vulnerable new girls.”

I nodded. “I can see that.”, I replied. Then with a whisper, I leaned over. “Oh, and… it’s started to open.”, I told her.

She looked at me confused “Open?”

“You know.”, I said as I briefly glanced down.

“Oh…. OH!… Congratulations, gurrrrl.”, she said with a smile.

I blushed, and the teacher walked in. I shot a glance towards the twins, who were talking to that newly developing girl again.

“Still… I’d like yo know what those two are up to.”, I said.

Luna nodded her agreement and then said, “Me too.”

Class ended, and I headed off to my next class without incident. It seems that the twins were on their best behavior after getting detention. In fact, the rest of the day went off without a hitch.

I walked back home in the rain, splashing and having fun. DeShaun accompanied me, practice had been canceled because of the field conditions.

We arrived home, and after I fixed a snack, we started studying. I had finished most of my homework in Study Hall, so I was able to help him with his. After a bit, we took a break for a little smooching, then it was back to the books.

We finished around dinner time, and I fixed us both a light dinner. Dad came home earlier than expected. We knew Mom would be late due to there being a volleyball game she had to coach.

I jumped up and hugged him, but I could tell something was on. He looked serious.

“DeShaun, a letter arrived at the office for you. It was addressed to me as your legal guardian. It’s from Marcia. I’ll understand if you don’t want to read it, but here it is, if you do.”, he said in all earnestness.

DeShaun looked at the envelope that Dad had placed on the table. He sighed and reached for it. He opened the envelope and sat there reading for a couple minutes. Sighing, DeShaun put his head down and just kind of sat there.

“Is everything okay?”, I asked. DeShaun looked up and handed me the letter. I opened it up and read it out loud.

“Dear DeShaun, I know it must be difficult to receive this letter, but I felt that I had to write to make amends. The surgery to re-attach my tongue was successful, and it’s hoped that with enough time to heal, I’ll be able to eat solid foods again, and eventually, with therapy even speak again. I have been attending group sessions, and they have found some medications that are safe for the baby, and are helping me heal.

Speaking of the baby, I know that you are doubtful, and you have every right to be, but he is your son. I was never with anyone else. Enclosed in with this letter is a document that renounces any parental rights I have, and it also expresses my wish that my mother not be allowed any privileges or rights, and it states my wish that she not be allowed custody or the chance to adopt him. I apologize for everything I did to you. I hope you and Casey all the happiness you deserve. I know she has no reason to believe it, but I also am so sorry for what I did to Jane Bond. I can’t forgive myself for attacking her. I deserve to be here. I know she will never believe it, but I truly am sorry.

I don’t expect you to visit me, but if you find it in your heart to do so, I would welcome it.

Sincerely,

Marcia Hayes”

I put the letter down and sighed. I looked at DeShaun. “Do you believe her?”, I asked him, as I rubbed his slumped shoulders.

He raised his head and mumbled. “I don’t know.”, he said sadly.

We left the letter on the table, and went over to the couch and cuddled.

Mom came home, and I gave her a hug as she read the letter. I wandered upstairs to my room and called Janie.

“Hey gurrrl!, Luna said you are one of us now officially! Congrats!”, she said.

I sighed. “It’s not a big deal, it’s so small I can’t even get the3 tip of my pinkie in it.”, I retorted.

“Still, it’s a big deal. And I claim first rights to eating you out!”, she said cheerily. I choked on some saliva and ended up having a huge coughing fit.

“Janie, I have something to tell you. DeShaun got a letter from Marcia. She’s in therapy, and the letter said that she was sorry for what she did to you.”, I said cautiously.

There was silence over the line, and I waited. I heard sobbing.

“Janie, hold tight. I’ll be over as soon as I can!”, I said worried.

“No, I’ll be okay.”, she said in a feeble voice. I signed.

“You sure?”, I asked.

“Yeah. Don’t worry about me. I’ll see you at School tomorrow. I just need some alone time. Okay?”, she asked.

I nodded to myself. “I’ll see you tomorrow, lover.”, I said.

I hung up with Janie and laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Eventually I fell asleep.

Morning came, and I looked out the window. The rain was still falling, and everything seemed just a little bit duller, and more gray. That reflected in my mood, as I put on some light blue jeans, with a gray hoodie.

I headed downstairs to the table, everyone was already seated and eating cereal quietly. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

I looked around the table, then looked at Dad. “Daddy?”, I said. “Would it be okay if I went to see Marcia sometime?”

DeShaun looked up at me incredulously.”Why would you want to do that?”, he asked.

I looked over at him. His mouth was turned downward in a frown. “I… I guess I need to look her in the eye, and judge if she’s telling the truth.”, I said.

“Do as you want, but I’m not going with you if you do.”, He stated in no uncertain terms.

With that said, I finished my breakfast, grabbed some money from Mom for lunch, and grabbed the umbrella and raincoat.

I looked at the twins as I walked in, they were whispering again, and their glances would occasionally wander to me and to Luna. For our part, we just ignored it.

I looked to Luna. She had on a black dress with big poofy sleeves, and lace around the ends and the high collar. She had on a kitty hairband with ears and the usual belted faux cat tail.

“Luna, DeShaun got a letter last night… from Marcia. She apologized for everything, and renounced her rights to the baby. I… I’m thinking of visiting her at some point.”, I said.

Luna looked down at her desk. “I… I guess I better go with you then, when you do.”, she replied quietly.

I looked over at her. “But… why?”

She looked over at me and smiled. “Silly, because you are my Mistress, and Kitty has to protect you.”, she said with a grin.

I smiled back at her. I did notice though that May had been leaning closer, and listening in.

Lunch came around and I sat down in the normal spot, Janie to my left. DeShaun was late.

I rubbed Janie’s back, and she smiled at me. “When you go to see the Bitch, I’m coming with you.”, she said in a growling voice.

I nodded to her and took a bite of my sandwich. “I thought you might want to. Luna said she’s going to come too. DeShaun wants nothing to do with her.”, I said nonchalantly.

Speaking of the devil. He came running up, and gave each of us a kiss on the cheek before sitting to my right. “Sorry I’m late, I ran into Your Mom, and she wanted to talk to me.”, he said as he looked at me.

I tilted my head. “Nothing serious, I hope.”, I said looking back at him.

“She worries abut you, you know. Truthfully, I’m jealous.”, he replied.

“My mother wouldn’t ever say that. I had to be the dutiful son and do what Mom and Dad had me do. They would be so disappointed about the baby, and I’d be disinherited, for sure.”, he stated.

“Oh, if I got pregnant, I’d be in the doghouse, big time!”, I replied. I blushed, remembering DeShaun’s sexy chest and stomach and his omg big member.

“Yes, they would be disappointed, but they would support you. And they wouldn’t care if he was bi-racial. Mine, of course do.”, He frowned and looked down at his tray, poking at his lunch. Janie and I locked eyes and nodded to each other. She moved over to his other side, and we both gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Both of us rubbed his back, and we just sat there together, happy. I did notice some eyes on us across the cafeteria, but I did my best to ignore them.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, DeShaun stayed for improvised practice in the gym. I felt uneasy, as though I was being followed. I gave a casual glance back, sure enough May was stalking me from about a half a block back. I quickened my pace and got home fast. Dashing in through the door, I quickly shed my rain gear and umbrella. I headed upstairs and took a hot shower, warming up after the cold soaking I had gotten. Getting dressed in some lazy clothes, I flopped on the bed and did my homework. I glanced out the window, and I saw May out there still. Something wasn’t right. I drew my curtain, and slipped over to the guest room. Looking out that window, I saw her turn and head off.

Eventually the pounding in my chest stopped and I could catch my breath. I headed to my room again, and flopped down on the bed. I couldn’t concentrate on my homework. I was scared. Why did all these crazy people have it in for me?

~o~O~o~

Comments, questions, criticisms? Let me know below.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Marcia

Sociopaths can talk a good line. They can be quite convincing and charming. But inside, they are devious and only care for themselves. Other humans are tools to be used.

Only Things...

...that come to my mind about May's activities are an explosive or incendiary device, on a fuze long enough let May get away before it goes off, or planting something in the front yard that when discovered will poison everyone's opinion of Casey and/or DeShaun.

Neither of those really sounds right to me, though. (And I'm not sure May would have needed to follow Casey home to do that, unless she didn't know where Casey lived until then.)

Eric

Crazy isn't usually

contagious,But this might be the exception.

Stalker means time for parent involvement

Jamie Lee's picture

Unless May and Amy live in Casey's area, following Casey home is stalking. And that means it's time her parents get involved to put an end to the sisters' shananeguns. The school also need to get involved before they put someone in the hospital or cause a death.

Others have feelings too.