Dear Diary : 2007-10-11

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Thursday, 11 October, 2007

Dear Diary
Ugh... Jennifer is supposed to bring me my homework after school. Yes, I'm making this entry MUCH earlier than normal.

I am not to go to school or Gymnastics or Ballet until Monday. I'm to stay in bed and rest as much as possible last night and today and tomorrow until time to go back to the doctor.

Daddy was wincing and holding... himself... as Mom told him what happened and what the doctor said yesterday.

Apparently, if I hadn't been 'tucked' it would have been lots worse. The whole buffering of being tucked up inside me kept it from rupturing... gawd. That sounds awful. I mean, it hurt, but I think hearing about it was actually worse.

The doctor gave Mom a prescription for pain pills and she brings 'em to me every now and then. She's been in here with me constantly. It's kinda nice and she even was just sitting with me like when I got sick.

She called the Ballet place and the Gymnastics place and told 'em I wouldn't be in due to an accident. She had to explain a bit more to the Gymnastics place that my fall on the uneven bars had hurt me, but she wasn't going to sue them or anything, I was just going to be out of commission for a few days. She's pretty awesome at the doubletalk thing, because she pretty much flat out told them that I'd nearly ruptured myself, but said it in such a way that there's no way they'd think that I was a boy.

I love my mother.

She's gonna come and watch a movie with me in a bit, I mean, she told me she didn't want me watching, "... that daytime soap crap..." and ranted a bit about people whose names I don't know. I was kinda lost, actually, but I wouldn't tell HER that!

Maybe I'll write more later, but I doubt it.

Courtney

up
31 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

These are really good

erin's picture

Glad I got around to reading them finally. :) Courtney RAWKS!

I remember how much I sweated writing Sam I Am, trying to get the modern teenage voice right when it's been almost mmphmm years since I was a teenager. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.