The Isle of Dreams: Where Dreams Come True and Nightmares Lurk! Part Two

Printer-friendly version

In the Future many things will be possible making the most wonderful of dreams come true. However, it should always be remembered that nightmares are also dreams.

Pesky Disclaimer that I almost forgot!
This is loosely based on an old TV Game show and other fiction based off of it. This is my interpretation. I'm not making a dime off of this because I don't own nothing!

Thanks as always goes the marvelous Cathy! Thanks Hon!

The Isle of Dreams
Where Dreams Come True and Nightmares Lurk!
By
Grover
10/29/2017

Part Two of Three

<><><><><>

Chapter Five

Sainte Trinite'

Royals or Serf's Studios
Gene Aldric

I took deep slow breaths. Ever since I been moved from the detention center to here, I knew panic lurked within me. Handed off to the two Gaming Authority's representatives, read as goons, I had good reasons to be nervous.

The pair of metallic cuffs on my wrists didn't help at all. Fitted a few hours after I'd 'agreed' to be a contestant, they'd been pumping nano-machines into me like there was no tomorrow. Then my appetite had gone nuts as those sames machines began multiplying so fast they made rabbits jealous. None of which helped me sleep well knowing what those things were prepping me for.

The modern building had a cheery front with bright signs advertising all the TV and game show studios it hosted.

What it should have was a rusty, cast-iron arch warning all to 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here.' Dante' I think would've come up with something more depressing if he'd existed in this time to describe what went on inside this place.

I suppose not all the programs that were created here took advantage of people twisting them as badly as any pits fiend from hell. This place also produced all the local versions of the news, and entertainment such as soap operas and other programs including kid shows.

However, it also hosted pay-for-view and digital direct to video programs too that would've appealed to the depravity of even the most debauched Roman Emperors. Royal or Serf or its more popular nickname Princess or Slave was just one of the many that focused on everything from the Furry thing which dealt with people being turned into animals or animal like features to a Truth or Dare like program that exchanged features between two antagonists.

My mind could not grasp who would be flat out crazy enough to risk body and soul in these so-called games that catered to such perverse misogynistic assholes. I intellectually knew that for some it was their last hope. Along with warping bodies it also healed any number of normally hard to treat diseases. For others like Darlene it took a body that was a curse and remade it so it fit better if not perfectly right. Hell, a few even wanted the prize of being a princess, a royal with all the wealth and property the program advertised.

However, nobody had ever won that damn prize although a few had quit before ending up dysfunctional nymphomaniacs with very nice chunks of change. In these latter years a millionaire was only being very well off. The Kings of the wealthy world these days were the Billionaires or the very few and rare elite Trillionaires.

'Breathe in, breathe out.' I schooled myself forcing my panic away. Fear is the mind killer. Never count your money at the table, because every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser. There's time enough for counting when the dealing is done.'

Despite my mantras I stole from Frank Herbert's 'Dune,' and Kenny Rodger's 'Gambler,' there was still wisdom in all of them. Keep my wits or the Accountant and his evil MC Damon would damn me to hell. However, don't focus on what I lost or won, transformed into or bullets dodged, I was facing a powerful adversary. My focus had to be razor sharp on the real goal, ending this in my favor.

I was a Gamer by god and I had a game to play!

It was still disconcerting when I was stripped and dressed in that damn catsuit. It would stretch and even modify itself to fit whatever I changed into. The fact the attractive, but vacant eyed smiling girls in 'wardrobe' knew just how to manage getting it on over those 'slave' cuffs made their impersonal actions more disturbing.

The thing covered my feet like a pair of footie PJ's and sort of surprised me with giving me a little grip on the floor so despite how slick the rest was. I think the supervisor took special pleasure in showing me the mirror that left no doubts that while I was in very decent shape for my age, I was still an older guy with all that implied.

Unlike Spandex which tended to smooth out softer body contours, This stuff acted as if it had been painted on showing my slight paunch in all of its glory. The damn thing even revealed just how much of 'package' I toted, but as they say, I had a secret. Being of Scot heritage my 'equipment' tended to shrink a lot more under stress or cold. Think of it as a survival trait. You don't leave what you truly value out in the cold!

So yes I got some barracks ribbing until I let them see me in my 'glory.' Some of the other guys from racial types nearer the equator didn't 'shrink' at all or very little. What you saw was what you got sort of thing. I had no reason for jealousy and for a while had the nickname of Magician since they wondered just how I hid it all, now you see it, now you don't.

That was barrack's locker-room style humor for you.

As they lead me to the green or waiting room, the snickers and rude looks of the staff in the hallway wasn't nice or restrained whatsoever.

Where I stood, none of this was a joke or funny whatsoever. I did take the strength of happier times to push my fears a bit further away. Like the saying goes, 'Never let them see you sweat.'

It was about then that realized something that made me smile. All of this was just to upset me and break my concentration, like a bunch of infantile boys jeering while another tried to make a difficult shot on the basketball court.

Truthfully, that kinda pissed me off. It wasn't as if the bastards didn't have all the advantages and set me up for no reason at all. They really had to pull this kind of cheap-shot shit too?

The red light in the waiting room turned green.

My two minders 'guided' me to the stage entrance.

I had a Game to win.

Game on you Mutha's!

<><><>

Royal or Serf Studio

The Accountant

Already in his booth, he checked the telemetry the nanties were relaying through to control cuffs. At first it wasn't too bad. Nothing more than a little nervous and apprehensive which was expect to grow into near panic and hysteria as the past contestants now working in wardrobe had finished with him.

Unfortunately that didn't happen. If anything Aldric became calmer and more focused.

Cheating and using the nanites to artificially enhance the man's anxiety wasn't on the board. They did run a more or less clean game. Additionally, the Accountant wanted to win by showing he was the better man something that Aldric would not be very soon.

However, this willpower could make this a very interesting contest! Just how much could Mr. Gene Aldric take before shattering?

He smiled in anticipation. The Accountant could barely wait for the answer!

<><><><><>

Chapter Six

Royals or Serfs

Studio Audience

Darlene Franklin

Her heart was beating like a hammer in her chest as that jerk Damon came out to introduce the show. The music and lights didn't really make an impact on her consciousness.

All the research, play acting and outright praying were either going to make a difference or it wasn't.

“Tonight's contestant is a visitor to Sainte Trinite'.” Damon waved down the cheers of the crowd. “At Fifty-Two he's older than most of our previous contestants, but he's lived a full life. A veteran of the US Army, he's currently an armed courier.”

There were ohs and ahs over than, but she was sure that some or most of that had been 'canned' sound effects added by the director.

“A real man's man.” Damon's eyes twinkled teasing the humiliation to come. “He's also something of closet geek being a long time Science Fiction and Fantasy fan as well as being a regular comic book convention goer. He's here with his good friend Darlene who took advantage of our superlative medical professionals.

“But he got into a little trouble here in our island paradise.” The man did know how to work a crowd. “Will he earn his way to freedom becoming a Royal or will he fail and be a Slave!”

The crowd roared, making her want to cringe. It was as if she could feel their blood lust and carnal desires to tear a good man down.

Poor Gene came in dressed in the same leotard that all the contestants wore, that awful gleaming white thing that showed every flaw. As handsome as her friend was, he was also on the other side of fifty. Unless you were able to constantly fight against old man time having his way or these days have a butt load of money you were going to show your age.

Honestly she thought he could pass for forty something, but he did stay active despite the stereotypes of their role playing gaming hobby.

“Welcome to Royal or Serf!” Damon put his arm around Gene's shoulder.

“I wish I could say I was happy to be here, but thank you anyways.” Her best friend gave a wry smile.

They had known this was coming and had worked on how the asshole invaded one's private space in order to get a rise out of his victims. She was happy that it had worked.

“Oh that's right.” The Master of Ceremonies acted as if surprised and he hadn't already announced it to the audience. “You're here because you got into some trouble.”

“Yes, I did, Damon.” Gene nodded sadly. “I can say wholeheartedly that I wish it hadn't happened, but it did. I do hope that anyone that got dragged into it are well and haven't had too much in the way of problems.”

“That's mighty big of you.” The Ass patronized looking at her friend's crotch and smirking.”

“I've often found that being straight forward pays off in the long run.” Her friend kept his smile. “Saves borrowing trouble most times.”

“And when it doesn't?” Damon sneered, implying he was much smarter than Gene.

“Well, there's always someone who just doesn't get it.” Gene spread his hands displaying openness. “Those are the kinds of people that ends up all alone crying out 'Rosebud' in the middle of the night.' Regrets can be a terrible thing.”

Darlene kept her giggle to herself, wondering how many people's head her friend's comment had gone over. She reckoned that they got the regret and all alone thing even if they missed the Citizen Kane reference.

Still, she silently urge him not to go overboard with the film quotes. People didn't like to seem dumb when they didn't get it.

“Just a little wisdom,” Gene gave a disarming grin, “That I've learned sometimes too late to help me, but some lessons you don't forget.”

“Well, Gene,” Damon showed a plastic smile. “We'll see if the lessons you learned will help you become Royalty!

The crowd roared their approval.

“We have twenty-eight cases on the stage before you.” The MC explained. “Half has various amounts of Gold Crowns while the others have links in a chain that will cause different changes to you. If you reach 10, 000 Crowns which is enough to by a 'title' you'll go free your obligations to our fair Isle paid in full. However, if you collect 14 links which is enough to chain together your cuffs, you'll be a serf and will labor for your masters to pay that debt.”

“I understand, Damon.” Gene nodded. “Crowns are good, and links in the chain are bad.”

“I couldn't say it better myself,” Damon laughed and the audience joined him.

Gene just kept smiling, even if she who knew him could see it wasn't easy.

“Here's Lana, my lovely assistant who will open the cases you chose.” Damon gestured at the scantily clad blonde who had more dangerous curves than nature had ever designed. The rather vacant eyes told the story that this girl was likely a former contestant that had been broken by the Accountant and his henchman. “Wave and say hi, Lana!”

“Hi Lana!” Obediently the woman waved, as the crowd cruelly laughed.

Darlene held her breath. This was just the kind of thing that would set off her friend. However, somehow he didn't lose it.

“Hi Lana,” He waved back, making the audience laugh again. Only the tightness around his eyes told of how pissed off he was.

'Please hold it together,' Darlene prayed with her fingers crossed. She'd never been very religious, but given how desperate this was, she was willing to try anything.

“Let's play!” Damon raised his arms to cheers. “What's your first case Gene?”

<><><>

The Inner Circle

“He's showing more backbone than I expected,” Delta remarked. “This might be more enjoyable and better for the ratings than I first thought. However, it all depends on how well the Accountant manages the 'Happy Ending' we advised.”

A snort came from one of the other Masters. A 'suggestion' from one of them was a do-or-fall-on-your-sword command.

“The pride go before the fall.” Alpha huffed. “He talks well, but let's see 'him' keep that up with cock-sucking lips and tits so big he can't see his feet. I want him to 'hurt!'

“That the thing about pride isn't.” Beta was obviously amused and not talking about the Contestant.

“Indeed it is,” Gamma who had remained silent, spoke up. “This has the potential to be quite the show. Shall we cease our bickering and watch?”

The following silence indicated they agreed with him.

<><><><><><>

Chapter Seven

Royal or Serf

Gene Aldric

I made a display of studying the 28 cases in front of me. Lana was posing provocatively. She was an example of what morally bankrupt men like Damon beside me, and the Accountant up there hidden in his booth saw the fairer sex, as things.

My Daddy and Mama would have tanned my hide something fierce if I'd even had a barest thought of such. As a man I knew I was different from women in more than, as Darlene says, having an 'outie' instead an 'innie.'

They bought to the table another point of view that in my mind balanced out things between the two sexes, male and female, man and woman. Maybe that was why I was accepting of my friend. Despite being an 'outie' at the time, Darlene had always clearly been, if not female, a woman.

She bought balance to me and my life. No, I wasn't romantically attracted to her, if because of no other reason, I knew that at least until recently she was still an 'outie.' I just wasn't that way, but I had no problem seeing her as a sister. For both us and our friendship that worked for us just fine.

Okay, deep thoughts aside, what box?

“Let's try number 23, Damon.” I made a point of using his name. I'd read and been coached that using a person's name usually got a better and more positive response. The Good Lord knows I do with some of that right now.

“You heard the man Lana,” Damon made a production out of it all. “Open the man's case.”

Strutting over in her towering heels to the case she bent over showing her wonderfully rounded tush.

“Okay Gene,” Damon had his damn arm back round my shoulders. “The first case is always about being a Prince or Princess?”

The first case really didn't matter too much, but I still groaned when the opened case's screen revealed the Venus symbol of a circle with a double crossed line coming from the bottom.

Jeers and laughs came at my mournful expression, but I'd been expecting it. Never in the three years this abortion of show had been running had the male sign ever appeared.

“Oh, bad luck right off the bat.” Damon did not sound one bit sincere.

“Hoped for better.” I shrugged, giving an unhappy smile. “But that's the way life goes sometimes. You've got to roll with the punches.”

“More wisdom?” Damon, sneered.

“Nope,” I grinned, surprising him. “Experience. Let's try case 13 next.”

“Lana,” the MC made a why-not face. “Open number 13”

A trumpet sounded as the case revealed 300 Crowns.

“Congratulations!” Damon clapped me on the back. “You're on the board.”

“Could be better,” My face was beginning to hurt from all the smiling I forcing upon myself. “But I had to start somewhere.”

“That you do.” He agreed insincerely. “Before you choose your next case we're going to pause for a commercial break.”

Without a word, he walked off stage, but I was relived when an assistant bought me a water. I wasn't sweating like a pig under all the lights, but this sure as hell redefined stress.

Everyone else in the stage crew took the opportunity to straighten things up or move them around, while I saw hawkers in the audience selling drinks and snacks.

Picking out Darlene sitting in the front roll, I only gave her a slight nod not wanting to call attention to her. The odds were Damon would do that later on anyways, but there was no reason to make it easy for him.

A few minutes passed and he came back out as the crew hurried to their positions. That assistant came by to take my empty water bottle, but Damon smelled as if he had something stronger and no doubt expensive.

“Gene,” he popped in a breath mint. “When we go back on the air, I'm going to ask you about your hobbies and plans for the future.”

“Okay,” I nodded keeping my smile for latter. We knew this had been coming too. Just what direction it would take was anyone's guess.

“Welcome back to Royal or Serf.” Damon announce to fanfare as the lights came back up.

“But before we get back to our game, let's find out a little more about our latest contestant.

“Gene,” He put his arm back around my shoulders. “From your bio, we've learned you're a big Science Fiction and Fantasy fan.”

“Yes, I am.” A bit of Captain Jack's character goes a long ways, but it did get some laughs from those who got the joke. “John Barrowman is a fan favorite from several shows. He's is a great character actor.”

“Why, yes he is.” Damon agreed. “Do you have any other old favorites such as Seven of Nine from Voyager, Rommie from Andromeda or maybe Tauriel from the Hobbit films?”

“I rather like Viconia DeVir who is a character in Baldur's Gate.” I smiled. If they were going to change me into a girl, I sure as hell wasn't going to make it easy on them! “It's another old but still popular fantasy game that has been in film development hell for ages. Rumor is it's finally moving forward.”

“She's an elf, right?” Damon hid it well, but the slight incline of head showed he was getting fed information from his ear buds.

“Yes, she is.” I didn't have to fake my enthusiasm when taking about my hobby. “The computer game uses the Dungeons and Dragons RPG game and rules. She's a Drow elf who are dark skinned and live underground, but are mostly evil. Virconia is an extraordinary character who strikes out making her own life, her way.

“I'm also rather fond of Wonder Woman.” There, another strong character, for you misogynistic bastards! “Gail Godot's portrayal is still my favorite although Linda Carter's bring back a lot childhood memories watching reruns.”

“Thank you, Gene.” He ended that line of conversation. “Are you ready for your next pick”

“Twenty-seven,” I called out. Honestly, this was all random anyways with the cases being merely disguised video screens. If anything trying a pattern could work against me. Eagle's coaching had been not to concentrate on picking winning cases, but how to survive the transforming Slave cases and the changes the audience's picked.

I groaned as the ringing effects of clanking metal sounded as the chain link inside the case was uncovered. Now it was going to get serious.

The first case and the initial princess 'chain' case were always place holders. One that I'd already gotten making me into a 'Princess' and the other which I just got which would be body type. That first case's transformation was always held back until after the second pick. After with the type of audience this show catered to applying feminine features to my male body would not gather many viewers.

“Oh no, Gene.” Damon did not sound sad to me. “It's your first Serf case.

“The choices are:”

The big holo tank above us scrolled down the choices as he read them off.

Body Type:

1) Svelte delights
2) Delightfully Full
3) Amazonian fruits
4) Willows shade

As he did so the tank showed how I would look in each form.

Number One was a slim, but not petite girl, a gymnast or dancer, that had a softer version of my face.

Number Two was a full figured voluptuous me. I've got nothing against Rubenesque women. I rather find them attractive, but I don't think I wanted to be one.

Number three was a tall body builder feminine me that lived up to the name Amazon.

Number Four, the last was a tall slim super model woman which looked strange with my face feminized or not.

“Place your votes now.” He directed, as he turned back to me.

“Do you have a preference, Gene?” Damon asked, with a sneer knowing this choice would change me and my life.

“If I had my way there would be another category none of the above.” I laughed attempting not to go into hysterics. “Based on that I do like a certain Amazonian warrior, I'm going to have to go with number three. It will make my next convention very interesting.”

A ringing chime sound signaling the voting was over.

“Show us the results please.” Damon looked up at the holo's.

Only two went out leaving the Dancer and the Amazon. I felt faint, but, hey, I'd real good reason!

“And we have our first tie!” The MC for the first time to day sounded surprise. “Svelte delights and Amazonian Fruits are tied. This should be interesting. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Svelte Amazon!”

The two holo's merged together and I felt myself grow numb all over starting with where those damn wrist bands were.

'Shit,' I knew I'd been nerve blocked so I didn't end up on the floor screaming as the damn mini-machines tore me apart and put me back together again, but not as I wanted or desired.

I saw the rest of the world growing larger. It was me who was really getting smaller. Muscles and mass that I'd spent years growing and developing melted away as the nanites devoured them converting it into fuel not only for this transformation, but for those to come. After this was over, I was going to have damn little mass to spare for anything.

A tingling let me know it was over, but damn if I didn't lose five or six inches of height. Since I was a bit under tall for a guy at five-ten, I had to be around five-five or four.

Fighting for calm I looked up at the holo that was now a real time display of me now. That white catsuit showed the Dancer, but one looked as if she did some moderate to serious body building too. Hell, she even had a nicely defined six pack.

I couldn't help but touch my taut stomach to see if it was real.

“Well, that's one way to get into shape.” It almost hurt making myself smile. Playing to the audience was my only chance to come out of this with even a part of my inner self intact. “I don't think I'll recommend it to the guys at the gym though.”

Now that got a huge laugh out of everyone!

Calm, I breathed in, I breathed out. My body wasn't really female yet, it was more like a doll's at this point primed for more changes to come than being pre-puberty as in nature.

However, there was still the disturbing feeling that I was no longer me.

Calm, breathe in, breathe out, Fear is the mind-killer.

I would do this! No Demon Lord and his Pit Fiend was going to get the best of me.

<><><>

Royals and Serfs

The Accountant

That tie had been unexpected.

However, his planned end 'product' was still on track which was all that counted in the end. Checking the telemetry again, even with the first change which was a pretty major one, Aldric was still staying fairly calm.

On the other hand, for an older man who did indulge in the martial arts if only lightly, it shouldn't be too surprising. This Contestant knew how to meditate and concentrate on the task at hand. Perhaps the Tai-chi and Yoga the man practiced weren't combat oriented, but they did contribute to a person who kept calm during a crisis and was very reliable.

It was no wonder Aldric was regarded as a valued employee by his courier company.

The Accountant had to laugh at the thought, but the man had depths.

Let's see just how upset he could make those 'still waters.'

<><><><><>

Chapter Eight

Royals and Serfs

Gene Aldric

“Besides those abs,” Damon put that damn arm back. “How do you feel Gene?”

“Grateful, this suit is so stretchy or I'll be trying to hold it up.” I tried to make light of this and think outside of the box. Short jokes would make people think about putting me in heels or something. Better to address it sideways.

“Oh we are too.” The MC leered at me getting a laugh from the studio audience. “Are you ready for your next case?”

“Sure,” I forced that smile again as I lied my ass off. Hell no, I wasn't ready! “Case number 14, Damon.”

“Case 14, Lana!” He yelled out.

A Trumpet proclaimed, I'd found some more Crowns! Yay, me!

“You now have 700 crowns on the board.” Damon gave me the total. “Only 9,300 to go to win!”

I kept my mouth shut that I really only needed 4.300 to go free. Let's not upset the dealer or Demon Lord.

“Next case please, Gene.” He said, turning to watch the stage.

“Case number five.” I picked, knowing things were really heating up.

Clanking chains were not what I wanted to hear.

“Another link in the chain!” Damon shouted out making me want to stop up my ear.

“And the category is Faces,” The MC listed choices as the holo lit up again.

1) Irish eyes are smiling

2) Pink is my favorite color

3) Elves aren't just for Christmas

4) The Hearts have it!

Looking up at the Holo, Number One had me pretty much as I was, red headed even if my hair was more iron colored than red because of my age. The freckles where more like designed beauty marks than random, and this me had very green eyes instead of my hazels.

The next had the Barbie me. I mean, seriously just no! My same face, but with way too pink puffy lips, pink eye shadow, and blush.

The third was the one I'm thinking they were trying to implement. The diamond shaped face with the tilted eyes and elegantly pointed ears said it all. How they put those features together so they looked classy and pixie cute I have no idea.

The last one answered the third's question. The heart shaped face was just so damn cute I felt like I was having an allergic reaction to the sweetness.

“Seeing anything you like?” Damon leered again.

Did he have any other facial expressions? Leer and smirks just doesn't do it!

“Two and four don't do anything for me, and I like number three, but not on me.” I tried some reverse psychology. Dismissing those two out of hand like they don't matter might protect me while they might not buy I want to be not human. “Number one, I think. It's not too unlike me now and at least I'll recognize myself in the mirror.”

“Interesting choice.” He nodded. “But three would make going to those cons you like a lot of fun.”

The bells sounded ending the voting.

“And the winner is...” We all looked up.

I wanted to so badly to close my eyes, but I dare not alienate or worse 'inspire' the voters.

Two and four disappeared. Don't freak out, don't freak out, I struggled with my feelings.

“We have another tie!” He was amazed this time and I think the crowd went wild.

Me, I just tried not to pass out!

“The winner is Irish Elves Are Smiling!” He ran the two categories together.

My face went numb. Well at least that will help all the pains from my strained smiles.

Staring at the holo's everything went blurry as my eyes changed, then leaped into focus my vision sharper than ever before. Somewhat the same way, the noise faded to almost nothing and then it got loud, really loud.

“Ouch!” I winced putting my hands over my ears and found more ear there than normal. “Well, I guess I can put my Vulcan Ears up for sale.”

That got another laugh from everyone, even if it was making my new ears ring. It was about then I notice my nose had gotten a bit more sensitive as well. Thankfully it wasn't hurting like my poor eardrums.

Seeing the girl with her hands over her ears, I had some trouble seeing her as me.

'Time enough for counting when the dealings done,' I reminded myself. There was a game to play.

Calming a bit, 'my' hair was as red as when I was young if rather sparse since I hadn't gotten to the hair category yet. The tilted eyes weren't exactly cat or Asian eyes, but were similar and were exotic. Of course 'she' had perfect skin which was very unlike my old acne pock marked face from my teenage years.

That bought up that while Darlene looked like she was in her late twenties, I, my, face anyways looked as if I was barely out of my teens, 20 maybe.

“Damon,” My voice was low so I actually had to get closer to the Pit Fiend. “These are very sensitive. Could I please have some kind of hearing suppression, plugs maybe?”

He merely nodded at someone back stage who quickly returned with a pair of plugs. I nodded and gave an actual smile as I took them. That made me aware of how sensitive to even touch my new ears were. It figured they would be erogenous zones, argh!

As the overwhelming sound dampened I felt like sighing in relief. Well, at least they weren't Warcraft Elf ears that were as long as a donkeys'! Oh, and don't say that to a player of one of those. They do get offended.

“Is that better, Gene.” Damon hammed it up again. “You certainly won't need hearing aids.”

“As a matter of fact,” I replied, repressing the wince as my traitorous ears actually swiveled towards him. “I was heading that way, but as you say not now. So another case? Give me a low number, Three.”

<><><>

Royal or Serf

Darlene Franklin

She had to sit on her hand to keep from nervously gnawing on her nails or a curl of hair. If she was a smoker, she would've finished a pack, no a carton by now. Her Gene shaped friend was now more like-Tauriel shaped.

She even had the red hair, damn it! Okay, it was in the close cropped haircut like from their Army days, but it was all red with no gray or that faded iron color. All in all Gene was a dish.

That Ass of an MC did have it right. The con goers would love her, ears and all.

However what worried her were these damn ties! The picks so far had worked out all right for the most part. Going out in public with those ears might be a problem so Gene had better get used to hats, but in some of the categories to come, ties would be a very bad thing.

“Hang in there Gene!” Darlene prayed.

<><><><><>

Chapter Nine

Royal or Serf

Gene Aldric

“You heard, Gene!” Damon directed. “Show us case number Three, Lana!”

Trumpets sang out, as the case had 700 crowns inside.

“Congratulations, Gene!” Damon put that damn arm back making me all too aware I was shorter now. “You're at 1400 Crowns and at half way through the first round. That's not bad at all, right on the average.”

“That's good.” I pushed out a smile again. What he was not saying was that there was really only 12 crown cases and 16 chains because of the two 'freebies.' Of course they shifted the odds in favor of the House as any gambler worth his salt would tell you.

“Your next case.” Damon urged me.

“Case 6.” I answered.

“Lana, number 6.” Damon called out.

Trumpets pealed, but I sighed seeing the one single crown symbol. Well, at least it wasn't another of those damn links!

“It is one less crown you need to win.” That arm was around me again!

“Yes, it is.” I nodded. “Let's move on to case 19.”

I watched the leggy blonde move to the case, breathing easier as trumpets sounded, but disappointed all at once.

“One hundred crowns,” He pretended to share my sorrow. “It's more than the last one.”

“Each one is one more closer to winning.” I noticed I was talking softer because of my ears. “Case 16, please.”

“Number 16, Lana. “ Damon was watching me.

We both knew another of those damn chain cases was due. I hated when I was right!

“It's you third link case, Gene.” Damon announced. “The category is lips!”

Awe crap! That's not good. Please Lady Luck, no more ties!

“The Choices are:

1) Luscious Kissers

2) Come Hither Pout

3) Cupid Bows

4) Bee Stung Wonders

“Please cast your votes now.” Damon stepped beside me as I stared at the holos.

The first one had me with very full, but just short of Angelia lips. I might be able to live with those even if I thought they weren't right for that face.

The second were the perhaps even fuller than that actress renown for her full lips. Definitely too big for 'that' face.

The Cupid Bows didn't make them look bigger but they sure changed the shape with very well defined, well, bows. I could deal with those, I think.

The last spoke for themselves. They were collagen inflated pillows that made me wonder if the poor girl with those could still talk. Just no, no, no!

“So what do you think, Gene?” Damon asked as the audience voted.

“Seriously I think the audience are geniuses. I had my doubt at this elf thing, but the Irish and it mixed together really well. I'm not too sure if any of those would work with it. Number Three with the bows, I think. Perhaps Number One, but those might be too full.”

“Nice analysis.” He nodded sagely as the voting ended with the chimes. “What does our audience think?”

It took more willpower than I'd ever used before not to just resist closing my eyes, but covering them completely.

Once again two holo's vanished leaving two behind.

“We have yet another tie!” His eyes were wide and even with the ear plugs I had to cover my ears when everyone went nuts! “Luscious Bows!”

The two holo's merged like a morph of days gone by. My lips went numb, but I could feel the skin of my face being pulled and reshaped as my lips changed.

They were kinda like Taylor Swift or Jessica Biel's when they'd been in their prime. The darn things were also damn soft because that much was obvious just from pressing them together. Add in the tingle from just doing that and I had the feeling that Luscious Kissers didn't just mean full lips.

The overall look wasn't the blonde bomb bimbo of poor Lana, but I looked exotic as all get out with my green slanted eyes and those lips in spite of my short hair. At least the bows didn't make them look too out-sized for me, but I think that could be debatable.

Forcing my eyes away, I focused on the important thing here staying me. What I looked like meant nothing. I'd learned that from Darlene. Appearance can be dealt with, but if they start messing with the gray matter it was a whole other ballgame.

“You look a little stunned.” Damon must smell blood in the water.

“I rather think astonished is more like it.” Stay outside the box, and stay calm, I schooled myself. I could've very well had gotten the other two choices which wouldn't had been good at all. “The people here amaze me. I mean I didn't desire any of this, but look at me! This is has got to be making fantasy artists all over the world jealous and it's the people out there as well as the nanotechs who did it. I mean wow!”

That worked as long as I looked at this woman from an artistic view point. At least this way I could attempt and be genuine in my praise.

Damon looked surprised again, but when he began clapping the whole place joined him. This time I smiled and just took the pain of the noise through the plugs.

“You're one in a thousand contestant.” This time he hugged my shoulders. “But we must be moving on. Your next case?

I nodded looking at the stage.

<><><>

The Masters' Chambers

The Inner Circle

“What is this?” Alpha was spitting mad. “The Bitch looks more like an actress than being punished!”

“It's still early in the game.” Beta took a sip on his wine. “Believe me things will change.”

“The way she's charming the sheeple?” Alpha scoffed. “She'll end up winning the damn game!”

“You're upset you're not seeing immediate results.” Delta tried to smooth the tempers. “As Beta said, the more interesting changes are yet to come. However, I do admit I wouldn't mind seeing a template made of the transformations we've already seen. As she said, they are quite attractive.”

Alpha sputtered unable to speak.

“It's called disassociation.” Epsilon finally spoke. “Even you should be able to tell by the telemetry that looking so differently is having an effect. For men whose identity is based on their appearance this can have a profound effect.

“I judge if she makes it to the second round, she will need to be sedated as allowed by the game's rules.” The only woman in the Inner Circle explained. “Then she can be led to wherever we want.”

“She's picking her next case.” Beta glared at them all. He wanted to see this!

<><><><><>

Chapter Ten

Royals or Serfs

Gene Aldric

“Number 18.” I noticed even my forced smiles felt kinda pleasant with that damn tingling!

“Lana, if you please.” Damon still didn't let go of me.

Clinking metal turned that smile into a frown.

“Oh no.” He gave me a squeeze. “Your first link case back to back.”

The holo's appeared overhead.

“The category is hair and the choices are:

1) Golden Mane

2) Calling all Pages

3) Back in Black

4) Spiked Pixie Attitude.

“Please cast your votes now.” Damon instructed.

Me, I was watching hair, a lot of hair.

One had me with this huge blonde mass of hair that calling it 'big' hair like from the '80's and 90's just didn't do it justice. It was just too, well, too.

Next was the pageboy thing. To me it looked cute, but I can honestly say I know squat about women's hair styles except what I soaked up from being near Darlene and the really popular cultural thing in passing.

The Back in Black was almost as thick as that Blonde Lion's Mane thing, but more of flowing waves that reached all the way down the holo's back. It looked kinda sexy, but that much hair had to weigh a ton and be a pain to deal with, so no.

The last one struck me as being punkish with the hair cut very short on the sides that I guess was a pixie cut, but teased into metallic silver spikes on top. It was interesting looking, but again I thought it didn't really fit me or that face. That's not even saying how much such a cut made my new ears very visible which was probably the point.

“So Gene,” The MC asked, miracles of miracles and not with a sneer. “What do you think?”

“Well, Number One is just too much and wouldn't go well with these.” I pointed to my freckles. “Number Three reminds of some of the really sexy actresses back when I was a kid, but that black I'm afraid is just too much despite there being such a thing as Black Irish.

“The spikes certain is edgy, but again I don't think matches up with everything else.” I was not going to mention the ears sticking out because that would be just daring them to pick that! “That leaves the pageboy thing which I think is the best pick of these. It seems to frame my face well and since it's the same color as my current hair, it works pretty well.”

He put on a considering face obviously buying time till the voting over bell rang which it did right on cue.

“Let's see if our audience agrees.” Damon waved up at the holo's.

Once again two of the holo's winked out, leaving the pageboy and the back to black.

“We have another tie!” Damon looked as if he was totally shocked. “Calling Back in Black Pages!”

“How is that going to work?” I felt like hiding, but it was far too late for that. Those were contradictory choices, right?

My scalp kinda not exactly itched, but maybe a frisson, like a electricity like feeling running all over my head.

The two holo's integrated together. The long flowing black locks shortened while the red page cut grew longer. They sorta interweaved together, being mostly red, but I had black stripes now. Two long dark curls framed my face while a few other of the black curled and spiraled about my red waves.

It all ended up bouncing on my shoulders going maybe just a bit further down my back.

I found myself lifting one of the pair of straight silky black strips that framed my face. So this is what shock feels like, as I pull gently on it to see if it was really attached. Did they somehow sneak in Olivia or one of the other famous fantasy artists in here?

I have to say something. They had to have positive reinforcement for me not ending up with that blonde nightmare of big hair or silver spikes. It might had been a favorite of rockers, but it'd never really been mine.

Hey, rock and roll?

“You people so rock!” I dropped the black lock watching in the holo as it fell perfectly back into place. “I'm almost afraid what you'll come up with next, but whatever it is I think it'll be beyond what my generation used to call 'so cool!'”

Damon started clapping again until the place rang with noise. Play the game, Gene, play for your life.

<><><>

Royals or Serfs

The Accountant

At one point he was on the very edge of calling the Inner Circle and 'requesting' they stop this damn tie thing they had to be responsible for causing. Two were one thing, but three?

However, the pageboy red and black changed his mind. For one thing, his plans were preceding more or less in the direction he wanted. He wanted an Elf, well she was cooking along just fine.

Another was he recognized art when he saw it. MC3 must be contributing a considerable amount of its processing power to make these ties turn out so successfully. Perhaps it was just the choices or some synergy that was working together just right, but his Elf was turning into a very exotic creation.

Yet more reasons were just how Gene Aldric had kept himself from melting down and had charmed the audience. Instead of the usual misogynistic bunch intent on humiliating and destroying their victim for once they were caught up as much as he was in just what their votes were creating.

Any gambler knew that when you were riding the luck, you did not get off till it was over unless you were a complete and utter fool. The Accountant most certainly was not.

<><><><><>

Chapter Eleven

Royals and Serfs

Gene aldric

“A case please.” Damon got the showing rolling again.

“Twenty-six,” I scanned the remaining boxes. Stay calm, breathe in, breathe out.

Lana posed as she opened the lid to trumpet thankful announcing 800 crowns.

“It's a Crown case!” The MC took me by the shoulders again. “Your total on the board is now 2301!”

“Okay, let's try case 28.” I ignored my weariness dipping into whatever reserves I had. The stress and excitement were taking their toll.

The smiling blonde however, seemed to have energy to spare as she went to open my selected case.

Trumpets rang out again, but only 200 crowns.

“You're at 2501, Gene.” Damon hugged my shoulders. “And that's the end of Round One! You're a quarter of the way!”

“We're taking a commercial break and will be back with The Accountant's first offer!” The MC declared. “Stay tuned.”

“Don't fall apart.” Damon whispered into my ear after we were off the air. “This episode is going to be golden.”

“Never say die.” I whispered back.

“That's my girl.” And he walked off backstage with me still wanting to kick him between the goal posts so very badly.

I guess I must've been doing something right when that same assistant lead me to a chair and another bottle of water. Wanting to gulp it down, I took small sips washing it around in my mouth until it was clear.

I managed to give Darlene another reassuring nod, but this time there was enough other people in the audience trying to get my attention, I felt it was safe enough to risk giving her a smile. Damn, but it was going to take time getting used to those darn lips of mine when that smile really felt good.

Looking up at the that darkened booth I had the feeling he was watching me. The odds were his coming offer wasn't going to be worth taking. On the other hand, I had done very well even if I had missed the high value crown cases. I'd gotten just over half of them leaving six. However, the 10 Slave cases were the very ones I did not want under any circumstances. That meant almost two bad picks to every one that might be enough to free me.

The way the odds were treating me tonight I was looking at four to six more changes putting me well into the territory where they would begin messing with my gray matter.

A wave at the stands showed the concession folks were doing hot business. Happy, excited people bought more stuff. There was a decent chance I could survive this and still be more or less me.

“Bathroom break.” The assistant got my attention. “You may not feel it, but you should go. This way please.”

Nodding, I wondered if this was some kind of trap, but really why bother. They had me just where they wanted me. Besides with the way, my poor body had been torn apart and remodeled it was likely that I wasn't used to all the signals yet.

“You're Rose?” I saw the name tag on her blouse. “Thank you for your help.”

“You're welcome.” She had the same sculptured beauty that most of the other women I'd seen here, but she had much more awareness in her eyes. “The nano-machines are mostly taking care of all of your waste products, but there are still some residue from the transformations that even they can't process.”

She opened the door to the private restroom.

“This will open up access so you can pee.” Holding up a pen-like instrument, Rose apologized, “Sorry, but this is best done by someone else.”

“No problem,” I nodded, looking straight ahead. “Do what you need to do.”

There was a bit of pressure as she ran the thing like zipper down the area normally covered by my boxers. Rose gave a embarrassment saving nod that she was finished.

“Thanks,” I backed into the stall, not sure what to expect. For one I was still male, kinda. My once proud manhood had regressed back to how it was during my childhood and my accompanying testes were missing in action.

I half expected my discharge to burn, but while that near bright orange color was not normal, it did not hurt. Strangely it wasn't overly sensitive like my 'kissing' lips either. That part down there was just really soft and smooth, but not sexual in any way.

Breathe in, breathe out, calm, I took the first moments of privacy I'd enjoyed since this ordeal had begun to center myself again. Never lose focus, eyes on the ball. A little voice looked down at that slit in that white catsuit, snarking, I wish.

Okay back to reality. I had a game to play and finish.

<><><>

Princess or Serf

Darlene Franklin

She was well aware of her preference of sexual partners. Feminine beauty attracted her, but what the Japanese called Bishouenen was nice too. Translated Beautiful Youthful boy, to her it meant a male who had a feminine appearance.

Frankly, her own sexual experience had been limited to failed hetero relationships as she tried to come to grips with the fact that no matter how male she might be she was a she where it really mattered, in her heart and soul.

Since then, her sex life had been limited to fantasies and an ever growing library of romance books. Ruefully, she acknowledged she'd lived up to that stereotypical audience even if she really wasn't a housewife.

Resolutely she'd decided she was going to save any experimentation until after her nano-transformation. Then that damn them to hell, Gaming Authority had set up her friend which put a hold on any such activities.

Darlene had come in here worried if she was even going to have Gene in her life anymore which was unimaginable to her. Now watching the beautiful woman right out of some of her most artistic fantasy folios, she found herself being very 'interested.'

Sure technically, on paper. If filed confidentially no less, this woman was her wife. It wasn't as if they needed another complication to this godawful mess. Additionally, while Gene had survived so far, some of the more dangerous transformations were yet to come.

“Please, please come through this okay Gene.” Darlene whispered her pray heavenward as the concession hawkers made money hand over fist among the loud noisy crowd.

To Be Continued

Part Two of Three

up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow, this is really amazing

I'm looking forward to next week. I don't know how anyone could go through that, but he's dealing with it so far.

These people are truly evil, and it would be nice if they got taken down.

I'd like to see the inner

I'd like to see the inner circle and the accountant put through this and see how long they held it together, bet they wouldn't even make it through the second pick.

Interesting,

What would motivate anyone to play this game? Even with the promise of becoming female, it just doesn't seem worth it.