Desert Rose Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Detective Branston runs the two men images through facial recognition. Hopefully, they have a criminal record. While that program is running, he looks at the night of the Troopers that were at the scene and who filed the report. He’ll go and question them about the wreckage.

He has checked with the hospital that the other kids were staying in and they were still in a coma. Their doctor didn’t know when they might come out of it. However, the Doctor did let him know that he would contact him as soon as they came around.

After twenty minutes, his computer dings letting him know that a match had been found for the two men who took Belka. The first guy's name was Richard Anderson Miles and he had been arrested for kidnapping, extortion, physical assault, assault, and battery. He was 25 years of age and has been charged over fifteen times, but never found guilty of the charges. His partner's name comes up as Harvey Allen Scafe, he had been arrested for rape, assault, and battery, kidnapping, possession of an illegal substance and was wanted for murder. However, he managed to get off on a technical issue.

Detective Branston leans back into his chair and wonders how they were connected to the case, besides taking Belka out into the desert and leaving her to die. He writes down their current information and heads out to see if he can find them.

He couldn’t believe how hot it was as he walks towards his car. He should be used to the heat after growing up in Texas, but the heat here was different. It wasn’t like it is in Texas.

Once he was in his car, he heads towards the State Trooper Headquarters. He is hoping the troopers Captain can tell him if they are working or not.

As Detective Branston is driving, he doesn’t spot a SUV approaching from behind him at high speed. The next thing he feels is his bumper tapped hard. He loses control of his car for a second as he looks in his rear view mirror. He spots an SUV coming up from behind him. He steps on the gas but gets hit again.

He temporarily loses control but regains control of his car again. He steps on the gas pedal and tries to get out of range of the SUV chasing him. He looks in his rear view mirror as it approaches him again and slams into the rear end again. Instead of backing off, he is sent sideways by the momentum of the SUV.

The SUV hits the rear quarter panel of Detective Branston’s car, sending it off the highway and spinning into a drainage ditch that ran along the highway. The SUV stops a few feet away from Detective Branston’s SUV and the door opens. A figure wearing a black jumpsuit and a motorcycle style helmet hops out and starts walking towards the Detectives SUV.

Alejandra decided that maybe Detective Branston could help her since she was in the country illegally. Instead of driving in the desert-like she did when she busted out of her uncle’s junkyard. She decided to take the highway. Alejandra spotted a black suped up SUV blocking the road. She spots a person getting out of the SUV and aiming something at a car that was standing sideways in a ditch.

She doesn’t know if it is a smart move, but she steps on her gas pedal. She aims for the figure that looks like they had a gun. The dune buggy speeds up as she heads for the guy.

Harvey hears the motor of a vehicle coming towards him, just as he pulls the trigger on his Tec-9 semi-automatic pistol. The bullets hit the SUV bottom. He turns around to face the dune buggy coming towards him.

Alejandra dodges out of the way as the figured fired at her. Most of the bullets missed her, but one hit her in her right shoulder. She whips the dune buggy sideways and smacks the figure with the side of the dune buggy. He goes flying towards the SUV. She watches as the figure gets up and climbs into the SUV. It takes off, leaving her sitting sideways in the middle of the highway.

Alejandra drives over towards the car laying sideways in the ditch. She climbs onto the car and saw Detective Branston lying unconscious in the driver seat. He looked like he had hit his head against the windshield.

She checks his pulse to make sure he wasn’t dead. She knew better than to move him. She doesn’t know what other injuries he has. She searches his pocket and finds Detective Branston cellphone. Alejandra dials 911 and stays where she is.

“911, what is your emergency?”

“Detective Branston has been ran off the road and is unconscious. He hit his head against his windshield. His car is lying on its side in a ditch.”

“Where are you located?”

“I’m out on highway 168, about thirty miles from Mesquite Police Department.” Alejandra didn’t see anyone coming.

“Okay, ma’am. Ambulance and the Fire department are on the way.”

“Thank you, ma’am.” Alejandra stays with Detective Branston till the Ambulance and Fire department arrives.

When the State Troopers show up. She gives them a driver license that was hard to read. She found it in the junkyard.

The female officer looks at her “you need a new license, ma’am.”

“Yes, ma’am. Is Detective Branston going to be okay?” Alejandra was concerned about the Detective.

She hadn’t realized that she had been shot either. Just as the officer was handing her license back to her, she falls forward towards the Police Officer.

“Medic!” Officer Kieff catches Alejandra. She searches Alejandra and finds a bullet embedded in her right shoulder.

One of the paramedics run over and helps Officer Kieff with Alejandra. She finds where Alejandra had been shot. The bullet was buried too deep in her shoulder. The paramedic packs the wound and put her in the same ambulance as Detective Branston.

up
226 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well suspect found

Samantha Heart's picture

But got away unfortunately. Too bad she couldn't have knocked him out too. Would have been a blessing in a way. Self defence he was fireing on her so she took him out lol. I hope they catch these guys & put them where they belong.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

now the question is how did

now the question is how did they know he was investigating them do they have someone inside the police dept.

Must be made of steel

Jamie Lee's picture

Ho boy, trying to take out a LEO is not good for someone. Whoever found out Branston was investigating the girls' crash, Belka, and the two men, thinks no one can touch him or her.

That person has made a huge mistake trying to kill Branston. Now that an attempt has been made on his life, Det. Branston will be even more aggresive in his investigation. That person would have been better off letting Det. Branston do his best to find out what's happening.

Alejandra slammed the side of the dune buggy into the gunman and he got up and walked away? Really? Was he made of steel? Or she didn't hit him that hard. Or she did hit him hard and the effects will take time to take him down. Maybe his body will be found along the road at some point.

Others have feelings too.