Rivers and Brooks 17

Printer-friendly version


Chapter 17

The Knockout

Lisa and I stayed in my room and chatted for a few minutes, then my mom rapped on my door, opened it and said, “We’re gonna show Pop Mama around the neighborhood. Y’all wanna come?”

“I don’t guess, mom. Maybe we’ll get into the pool.”

“Ok, we’re already dressed, after we ride around a bit, we’re going to take them to Floyd’s. Would y’all like for us to pick y’all up for that?”

“Sure!”

“OK, I’ll call y’all when it about time to start getting ready.”

“Ok, mom.”

“I don’t have to tell y’all how to dress, do I?”

“No, ma’am, we’ll be dressed to make y’all proud.”

“Good, see y’all after a while.”

Floyd’s was the restaurant that was so exclusive (and expensive) that there were no prices on the menus because “If you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it”. The food was more than excellent … if you could afford it, that is.

We didn’t wait for my mom to call. We skipped the pool and got our showers and put on dresses that were equally short as our first trip to Floyd’s. They may have been just a tiny bit tighter. My boobs had prospered, and I was just about caught up with Lisa. Neither of us would be able to walk too fast in the dresses without putting a show bouncing and distracting every man in the place. Of course, we put on heels that made the dresses look even shorter and the bouncing more pronounced. We fixed our hair (by this time, I was able to do my own hair!) and added about 2 lbs. of jewelry each, and we were ready for mom’s call.

Instead of a call, I got a text from my mom. “I want a picture of each of you, before we head that way.” Oops! We actually didn’t think our outfits would ‘fly’, but we took the pictures and sent them. Soon we got another text. “Come on, y’all! Dresses that are not so short and not so tight!”

We changed and sent pictures again. Mom texted, “That’s better. I’ll call when we get close.”

After we changed, I paused before a full length mirror and looked at myself. I looked at a profile of my whole body. I was still in disbelief of the changes that I had undergone. The surgery was definitely a minor part of it. Parts of my body were bigger, parts smaller; all the variations were in the right places. The 3” heels made my dress look shorter and my legs look longer with a sexy texture. I said, “Thank you God. I couldn’t ask for anything more or better.”

Lisa was watching and listening, but I didn’t mind. “You’re right Honey,” she commented. “You are definitely blessed!”

I looked at her and smiled. “You are too. You need to realize it and thank God also.”

“Oh, I do!” She looked up. “You remember, don’t you, God. I thanked you, right?”

“Lisa, that is almost sacrilegious. Let go wait on the porch”.

As we waited on the porch, I was thinking. I didn’t think we really looked like hookers in the first dresses … well, maybe a little. After thinking about it a little, I was glad my mom made us change. After all, that’s what moms are for. Why did we put on dresses we didn’t think she would like? I guess a teen-ager has to rebel. My goodness … we were rebels … next thing you know we’ll be taking three aspirins and drinking a coke real fast. Someone told me that’s supposed to give you a buzz.

They picked us up and we headed for Floyd’s. When we got out of the car and walked into the restaurant, our reception seemed totally different from our first visit. As soon as we stepped into the place, it seemed every person there turned to see. I could feel myself blushing. Lisa didn’t seem uncomfortable at all. I said before I had never seen her overwhelmed, but I don’t think I have ever seen her embarrassed, either. When we sat down, I asked her, “Wow, what do you think of that?”

Lisa didn’t even notice. “Of what?”

“Everyone turned and looked at us when we walked in. Don’t tell me you didn’t notice!”

“Honest, I didn’t notice. I’m not surprised, though. We’re beautiful, especially when compared with some of the old ladies in here.”

“What’s that, Lisa?” her mom inquired.

“I said, ‘there’s a lot of beautiful ladies in here’.”

“Um hum. Yeah, I thought that’s what you said.”

Pop spoke up, “James, there are no prices on the menu.” Lisa and I smiled at each other.

“Right, Pop,” my dad answered, “if you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it.”

“Oh, one of those. You must be doing pretty good!”

“Yes, Pop, we’re doing OK.”

“Oh … we. You too, Katy?”

“My online business is doing great!”

“Online … work from home. Good work if you can get it.”

“Yes Pop, you just have to find out what people want and provide it.”

“I see. What the people I used to work for wanted was ‘more’. When you gave them that, they wanted still more.”

“Now, Pop, they provided a good retirement for you.”

“Yeah … decent, I guess. So, what are you 2 beautiful girls gonna do … modeling, acting … ?”

“No, Pop, I’m considering going in law, and Sarah is thinking about medicine.”

“You know, it’s not fair for two girls to have all the beauty and brains.”

“They’re smart all right, Pop," my mom added.

“I said I was proud of them”, Pop continued, “but now I’m just overwhelmed. They’re more than a grandfather could hope for. There’s one thing that could derail your plans … boys. Any boys in the picture?”

“None!” Lisa and I answered in unison.

“Well, that’s reassuring. Take it from me, boys are bad news! I know I was.”

“You were not! You were just as wonderful then as you are now!” Grandmother was adamant.

“See that, girls? She thought this rotten guy was wonderful! They still do! Most girls are easily fooled. Don’t be like that!”

“I think you’re full of it, Pop!” my mom opined.

“See that, James? I have all the ladies fooled.”

My dad refused to agree with him. “What? Did you kill a bug or something when you were a kid? Pop, you have always been a good man and a wonderful father. The one thing I can say is that you were always a bit hard headed.” My dad stole a glance at me.

“It’s called ‘standing up for your principles’ ... except when you’re wrong. I found I was wrong about something just recently, and I was man enough to admit it and apologize.”

“Well, there’s one thing you’re right about, my dad continued," boys should be avoided, or at least kept at a safe distance until they grow up a little. They want one thing, and will do anything to get it. They will lie, cheat … anything.”

I had to speak up. “I’ve had a unique opportunity to observe boys, and I can say that’s absolutely correct. It’s a miracle some boys make it through high school. They’re ruled by their hormones, and everything else takes a back seat. I wish a lot of girls could see what I’ve seen and hear what I’ve heard. Wait … let me take back the ‘see what I’ve seen’, no girl should be subject to such sights! As far as going through what I’ve been through, I wouldn’t wish that on a girl, but some of them need to have their eyes opened. A boy can ruin a girl’s plans for her education … plans for her life. It’s kind of sad to see. I can tell you right now, it won’t happen to me, and Lisa is mature for her years, and I seriously doubt she will be sidetracked by anything.”

Pop smiled. “I must say, I am impressed! I wish more girls had the maturity and wisdom y’all have. With your attitudes, y’all are destined to succeed!”

Lisa and I both thanked Pop, and our food arrived, stopping the conversation. It was, if possible, better than our first meal at Floyd’s. You don’t tend to talk with food that delicious in front of you.

While we were eating, a beautiful girl came in with a guy and sat at a table not too far from us. She sat facing me and she was so beautiful I could hardly take my eyes off her. I tried not to be obvious, but after a while it probably became obvious that I was watching her. I caught her eye once or twice. I told myself, “You’re a girl. You’re supposed to look at guys”, but, if someone asked me at that moment to close my eyes and tell me what the guy looked like, I couldn’t tell them a thing. I could, or course, describe in detail the stunningly beautiful blue-eyed brunette, about 5’ 7”, in a baby blue mini-dress and 5” heels. I finally forced myself to look anywhere except at her. If I had kept staring, it would be simply harassment. I wondered if she was a lesbian. She was out with a guy, but I knew that didn’t mean much. I thought, “This proves it, I’m a lesbian.” Of course, I rationalized, “It’s not my fault, it’s the way I was brought up. Who could blame me?” I started thinking about males and I wondered if a male would get an erection in this situation. It seems so odd that a muscle in your body could involuntarily cause something like that. Oh, I know that sometimes a female’s nipples would react to certain things, but that wasn’t nearly as pronounced and I don’t think any muscles are involved. I figure guys must wear their pants loose to avoid showing off what Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. called the “gallant reflex”.

I was glad when it was time to leave. Pop, of course, asked about ‘doggie bags’. Dad told him not to worry about them. He didn’t mention that the food would be in the car. When we got into the car and Pop smelled the food, he said, “They think of everything, don’t they?”

Dad gave what was apparently his standard answer to that: “They should, for the price … whatever it is.”

As we drove home, I wondered about the beautiful girl. I decided I had to put her out of my mind. She was much older than me, anyway. The question, however, was my sexual orientation. That question would have to be dealt with sooner or later.

It was late, and everyone said ‘goodnight’ and headed for bed. I wasn’t in bed for 10 minutes before Lisa slipped under the covers next to me. “She was beautiful, wasn’t she?”

“Damn, Lisa, I thought nobody noticed me looking. You would, of course.”

“Yes, I saw you looking. Who could blame you? She was a knockout!”

“Oh, I wouldn’t kick her out of bed.”

Lisa chuckled.

I added, “Just something I picked up during my time as a boy.”

“They do have their clever sayings, don’t they?”

“Yes, that’s one of the nicer ones.”

“So, any idea which side of the fence you’re gonna come down on?”

“I think I’ll have to get samples before I decide what I like. That’s in the distant future, though.”

“Maybe not as distant as you think.”

“I can keep it distant.”

“Good idea, if you can manage it.”

“One thing about it, I don’t have to worry about getting a girl pregnant.”

“You too? Neither do I!”

“Boys don’t have to worry about getting me pregnant, either. I’m not gonna give them the chance.”

“Good girl!”

“That still sounds strange to me, but I’ll adapt. Goodnight, Lisa.”

“Goodnight, Sarah.”

Next: The Window

up
190 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Such a Charming...

little tale. You just kind of relax into it and let it carry you along, like the lazy river at River World. I feel relaxed and refreshed after reading one of your chapters. Thank you. ^_^ T.

I am a Proud mostly Native American woman. I am bi-polar. I am married, and mother to three boys. I hope we can be friends.

I do wonder who that

Samantha Heart's picture

Atrractive "knock out" woman was. I guess we will find out soon.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

But...

there will be a lot more about the specter. You expressed interest earlier about that. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Jamie