The Wolf Who Cried "Boy" -Part I

Printer-friendly version

Have you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? Well how about a tale of a wolf who cried boy?

Once upon a time in the little farm town of Chileville, there lived a young boy who was always telling lies.


“Wait… Grandpa, this is the wrong story!”

Oh, my mistake… let’s start over from the beginning. When the villagers got to where the boy had been, they too were eaten by the wolf.

“Grandpa, you said the beginning not the end.”

Don’t worry. This is where our story begins. Anyway…


When the wolf got home, he was greeted with a warm welcome. “So how was work Sweetheart?” His wife Diane asked as she continued to fold a load of laundry. She had just finished putting her little girl to bed when Stan opened the door with a loud, “I’m home!” nearly waking the little bundle of joy. Luckily there she stayed sleeping like a rock. “It was great. The boys at the office made a bet with me about closing a deal on that quaint little farm just outside of Nowhereville. Not only did I capitalize on the foreclosure, I even made a deal with the farmer to let him live on the property if he continued to work other fields that the firm acquisitions. He’s an honest farmer but a lousy businessman.”


“Wait. Wait. Wait. I thought this story was about a wolf?”

“That’s okay little one, titles can be deceiving. This is the story of how a man who thought he had everything finds out there is more to life than fame fortune and… females…”

“What was that last part?”

“Don’t worry about it you’ll understand when you’re older. Do you want me to continue with the story or should I call your mom to tuck you in?”

“… Proceed”

up
76 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Little short

for my tastes.

True

I hope i make it longer but with stories like these (spontanious) its hard to find any good TG links to it. Even if i make it canon with the Swaps universe. I hope i get hit with the writers furtherence.

What a cute idea

Jamie Lee's picture

Now this is a fresh approach to...what? Grandpa seems to be trying to catch his grandchild off guard, or see what stories that are known.

Others have feelings too.