Hit'n those notes... Chapter 15 - FIN

Printer-friendly version

Author retains all rights to this original work of fiction.

Friday, May 2nd 8:23 PM
As Blake and I entered the backstage area Mike was there waiting, "I don't know where you and Bill come up with these song redo's, but they are money," he exclaimed. He took the microphone Blake had and watched me walk on by. I barely heard or processed whatever he had said, but thanked him while continuing to walk towards the back hallway to go meet mom, Kaley, and Charles. Blake had to double time to catch up and it felt surreal, odd, confusing, and a little fucked up that he was here...

I stopped midway down the final hallway to the back entrance to the bar area, "What are you doing here Blake?" My voice, tone, and the intensity at which I was questioning him was as menacing as shards of glass. The message I was sending should be clear - I'm not happy to see you.

"Delivering your third place check..."

Check, yeah let's have a look at that five-grand check. I was skeptical and opened the envelope, not to carefully, and pulled the check out. Yup, it was from the Grand Cayman Hotel and had the right number of zeroes following the number five. What the hell?! I looked at him intently, "Why not just send it to me? Why make this big production out of giving it to me?" I'm positive it sounded like I was complaining.

"The production," he began, "Was my idea. The thought being... Since you missed out on the audiences fanfare at the finale, this was kind of a substitute... I just wanted it to be more than you picking up a check from your mailbox, Brea... I thought you deserved more than that."

Fuck! It's not that I wasn't grateful for winning and getting some minuscule amount of accolades from tonight's audience. My problem was him being here. God damn you! Why couldn't you have just stayed in Vegas? Wait, something isn't, "Did everyone know you were doing this tonight?"

"I... I might have coordinated with your mom and Kaley. Pretty sure Bill brought Charles because of this presentation," he said after a few second pause, "I asked them not to say anything to you, so don't blame them... This is all on me."

"Bill too," I asked surprised. I was shocked, because of all my peeps he was the one that ragged on Blake the most. Bill and I would have to talk about...

"I've had several conversations with Bill this past week... He wasn't too happy to hear from me, but warmed up to the idea of making the presentation tonight. That doesn't mean he didn't chew my ass for how I screwed things up..."

Good! But you don't take hints too well do you? Wait, wait... You just said you screwed things up? What the fuck?! "Wait, you admit you screwed up the morning I left," I asked looking for some kind of cringe like reaction on his part to the question.

"Hey, that morning I blew it... I screwed up the flight over Vegas too. Plain and simple. I should have come after you that morning or called or something. I don't know... I just figured I'd beat your last nerve raw and it wouldn't have mattered what I said..."

"Look, you can't have these one sided conversations and think the other person is in agreement or on board with your shit. I've processed Vegas a hundred ways and upside down. I was just starting to feel normal again last week and here you are confusing me all over again..."

"That's not what I'm here to do Brea... I tried to tell you my flaws and being separated, well... I don't know... It's hard for me," he said looking as though he'd just laid his heart out there for me to stomp if I so chose.

"I know it's not like we were dating or even got past a normal first date. I realize that and I can accept that. But the truth is... I feel like you led me on a little and I tried to take a bite of more than was really there. That's on me... Being Trans, it's complicated enough without throwing in relationship complications..." There! I had said my peace, I felt empowered, but it would be a lie to say my heart wasn't breaking a little again. Why do I even like this guy?

When Blake didn't jump right in and comment, I turned and began walking again. Okay, I don't have time for this! Please, don't follow me...

Friday, May 2nd 8:27 PM
On the walk to mom's table I got no less than six 'Congrats!' comments from some of the regulars. I tried smiling as best as I could, but right now I just wanted to be away from Blake and get over to my mom and the gang. She was the first to get her arms around me when I approached the table, squeezing me so tight I thought she was going to pop me! In my ear she whispered, "I'm so proud of you honey..."

When she finally let me go I said, "Thanks mom..." I looked towards Kaley waiting to hug me and gave her a questioning look...

"Okay, I got it... But he was very persuasive on the phone," she said leaning in close to my ear, then she just reaching out and pulled me in for a quick hug.

Charles was next, another 'Congratulations' in my ear and quick hug. I looked at him after the hug, "I had nothing to do with this Brea... I told him this might backfire."

"I think William and I are going to have a conversation about this...," I replied with just a hint of a smirk.

I looked back towards where I'd entered the bar from backstage and didn't see Blake right away until I looked towards the bar. JJ was talking with him and was setting a draft beer down in front of him.

"You should talk to him honey... I think you are probably being a little hard on him right now," mom said.

"Did you have a conversation with him too," I asked surprised.

"I did. He called me and we had a nice talk, but I also told him I was disappointed in how he behaved and that I wasn't happy about what happened in Vegas," she said calmly.

I was about to reply, but the audience began applauding the final singer of the evening and of course the master of keys - Bill. I joined in the clapping, but it was a half-hearted effort. Gary was saying something about next week, the house lights came up a little, and people began talking while some jazz played subtly over the sound system. "When did you talk to him," I asked.

"He called Kaley last week, Friday... Right?"

"Mmmuh, I blasted him Brea, but when he told me about Dana being disqualified and you were going to get five-grand - I couldn't help but listen to him... I think you should talk to him...," Kaley said sounding like she'd softened her position on Blake.

"Brea, you should at least hear him out," mom added.

I looked at Charles, "Hey, I didn't talk to the guy, but... Here comes Bill, ask him what he thinks."

I turned just as Bill came up behind me and hugged me tight around the waist, "Hey, hey! Who's five-large richer?"

When he let me go I stared at him a long couple seconds, "Why didn't you tell him to just mail the damn check Bill?"

"I know, I know...," he said looking like a mouse trap had snapped on his fingers unexpectedly, "I told him that if he hurt you again I would hunt his ass down."

"Well that threat didn't seem to scare him off, he's still here...," I complained.

"I know... Okay, I get it Brea, but you have to admit this presentation was a lot better than finding a check in the mail. Go talk to him, there have been some changes in his life...," Bill said trying to placate me.

Four sets of eyes were staring at me, waiting for my head to either explode or for me to be more reasonable. I did NOT feel like being reasonable. Mom cocked her head towards the bar. God damn-it! "Fine...," I said before turning to seek out the source of my displeasure.

Friday, May 2nd 8:34 PM
I tapped Blake's shoulder and when he turned around I said, "Okay..."

He interrupted me, "Do you know that you never had that drink with me you promised?"

Huh? "I never promised to have a drink with you...," I complained.

"Pretty sure you said you would," he replied with a shit eating grin.

You are NOT cute! You might think you're being cute, but I think this tactic is bullshit! I huffed a quick breathe, "Fine, one drink... You tell me your story and we go from there, deal?"

"Sure, but not here...," he said smiling that stupid smile still.

"Nah... Here is fine," I replied annoyed.

"Give me a little leeway Brea... One drink, not here, and I'll get you home afterwards."

I looked back towards the table mom, Kaley, Bill and Charles were at - only Kaley remained. I looked towards the hostess stand and they were... Hey! Mom's leaving? "I'll be right back...," I said to Blake and made my way to the where my mom was about to leave with Charles.

"Where are you going," I asked as she was pulling on her coat.

"Charles gave me a ride sweetie... Plus I have work in the morning," she replied.

"I...," I was at a loss for words and before I could say anything more we were hugging.

"I love you... Be nice, listen, and stand your ground," she said looking deep into my eyes.

"I love you too mom..."

"Be yourself Brea...," Charles said as he opened the door for my mom.

I was a bit stunned they were leaving, shocked really. Was that it for the celebration of placing in Vegas? Whoa... How did this come about?! Dana was out and I was in? Blake...

Friday, May 2nd 8:41 PM
"Come with us...," I pleaded to Kaley.

"You're kidding right," she replied making a face that said she wasn't about to be the third wheel.

"Why do I feel like everyone knows what's going on here but me?"

"I don't know, but I'll bet if you talk to Blake you'll be in the know..."

"What's that mean?"

"Oooui... JJ just waved at me. Love ya gurl, but I got some questions I wanna ask that man...," Kaley said while giving me a quick squeeze and made her way to the end of the bar.

Blake was still sitting at the bar nursing his beer. Where the hell was Bill now? Augh! Everyone knows what's going on here and I'm like in the dark! I'm not digging this... I walked over to the where Blake was sitting, "Why do I feel like I'm the last to know what's going on here tonight?"

"Aaa... I don't know. The presentation was pretty much all I had coordinated. The drink thing I just came up with while sitting here..."

"Alright, let's get this drink thing done. I think I could use one about now..."

Friday, May 2nd 8:59 PM
The Gaslamp District was crowded with tourists, convention visitors, and off duty Navy or military types - no different than any other night around here. When we exited the jazz club we began walking south on Fifth Ave and at the next block we crossed over to the east side of the street.

"Do you know where we're going," I asked.

"Right up there," he pointed, "It's a cool boutique hotel called de l'Arcade. It's got a piano bar... Thought it would be as good a place as any to have that drink - neutral ground," he said with a chuckle.

"Ha, ha... Is this place new? I've never heard of it...," I knew this place previously as some other hotel - so I was a little confused, "This place was named something different before, I think."

"Correct, new owners, name change, and I think they just did a minor remodel. Grand re-opening was last week I was told."

"How long have you been in town," I asked. I wanted to know because how would he know about a new hotel and piano bar right down the street from the jazz club? Something wasn't adding up...

"I got here last night actually..."

"You fly yourself?"

He chuckled, "Nah, my mom still isn't a fan of me flying."

"You staying with her? When do you go back?"

"Yup, think I'd be in the dog house if I didn't. I leave Sunday - I'm burning some comp time..."

"How did you hear about this place," I asked not able to contain my curiosity any longer. I'm sure I sounded like I was interrogating him - whatever, didn't really care...

"I know the GM... Worked with him in Atlantic city," Blake held the door open to the bar for me.

Once inside Blake went to the hostess stand while I hung back near the entrance. I could see him speaking quietly to the woman standing there, she nodded several times, then raised her hand to call over a man in a suit walking by. Now the two guys were talking, after a handshake Blake turned towards me and waved me over.

"Thanks again Jonathon...," Blake was saying when I made it to his side.

"My pleasure Mr. Schultz, enjoy your evening...," the suit guy said smiling at us, then taking his leave.

"Okay, you ready for that drink," Blake asked.

"You pull some hotel secret handshake deal to get us a table," I asked more snarky than I intended.

He laughed, "No, no secret handshakes... That's a good one Brea."

"I've got plenty more where that came from...," I replied feeling a little more confident than I had earlier. I wasn't going to be kept in the dark much longer, that's for damn sure!

Friday, May 2nd 9:06 PM
I had never been to this hotel before tonight, so I had no idea if the remodel made this place any better or whatever. On the whole, this was probably not a place to find a cheap room for the night. The finish, furnishings, everything shouted 'upper crust'. This piano bar was absolutely beautiful - I'm impressed. We passed two pianos butted up against each other - that could be an interesting addition to the Gaslamp district. I only knew of one other bar in the area with dueling pianos.

I followed Blake to a table, and being the gentleman he was trying hard to be - he pulled my chair out for me. Grrr... Don't be nice to me! I'm angry at you... I watched him go around the table and sit - time to get some answers, "What happened to Dana?"

"Great question and I'll get to that I promise... What would you like to drink?"

Really? You can't just say, 'He rigged it with the judges...' or something that's going to annoy me as much as that would? Augh! "Rum and Coke...," I replied with as much patience as I could muster, "Please..."

Blake signaled a server and put in the order. He asked that my drink to be made with Ron Carupano Legendario, explaining after the server left that it was an aged twenty-five year rum and very smooth. I told him I usually just drank Bacardi or Abuelo, and that I didn't have a sophisticated drinking palate. He said that might change after I tried this brand of rum. I told him, "We'll see..."

Enough small talk, "So... Dana," I asked.

"Yeah, interesting story. Three weeks ago they got an anonymous email from someone saying to look into a recording artist named Danika Warnick."

"Danika being Dana before his transition?"

"Correct..."

"And if Dana had been a recording artist that would disqualify him," I said putting the pieces together before Blake had a chance to get all wordy.

"Right... You had to be an amateur, no professional exposure - which was defined as being a recording artist. You were allowed to sing in a band, just couldn't be published or signed to a record label," he explained.

What a fucking cheat! I was pissed. "Damn him...," I said - my face a little contorted.

"Yeah, I don't blame you for being angry. I'm really sorry Brea... They did do background checks on every singer, but somehow they missed finding anything on Danika Warnick."

"You don't know who turned him in?"

"Could have been anyone, someone who saw the show or someone who knows him..."

My money was on Jennifer. She wanted to rip my head off, but she was also pissed at Dana that day outside the banquet room. Maybe that was her revenge. And her reward - Tyler - if they were still together. I didn't care one way or the other - he's all yours bitch, enjoy! Of course it didn't make losing in Vegas any better, but at least I had... "Did you guys get the money back from him," I asked - that thought just popped into my head and I wanted that ass to feel some pain for cheating.

"That's going to probably go to small claims court. When they contacted him about being disqualified and informed him he needed to return the five-grand, he said he'd already spent it. It's now up to the Grand Cayman's lawyers to go after him. I'm sure they'll get the money back..."

Our drinks arrived and our server asked if we wanted to look at a menu. Blake deferred to me, I said I was fine.

"So, got any plans for your new found wealth," he asked.

"I'll find something to do with it. I'm going to get taxed on this, right?"

"Unfortunately you will... I think they should have figured out the taxes and paid them so each contestant walked away with the full prize amount. Maybe they'll do that next year..."

"When were you going to tell me," I asked deadpan, staring at him.

Blake looked confused, "About the taxes?"

"No... I can barely remember people's names right after I meet them, but I'm a really good listener and I have a feeling you've got something you're not telling me..." I picked up my drink and took a sip. Oooh, that is good! Damn you! I can't afford Don Corrugated Laundry-soap rum - or whatever this stuff is called...

He looked nervous now, "Aaah, you think I'm hiding something?"

"You've said 'they' a lot while talking about your old hotel... The guy at the hostess desk calling you 'Mr. Schultz'. I think you should just spill it," I said with just a hint of a smile.

It took him a good fifteen seconds of contemplation to figure out if I knew or if I was just fishing, "Alright... Who told you," he asked.

"You just did...," I said with an even bigger smile. I'm smarter than I look Mr. Schultz, you better figure that out quick.

"Augh... Sneaky, sneaky... Okay, yes I'm relocating..."

I interrupted him, "To San Diego..."

"Yes, and..."

"You've got a job at this hotel," I interjected before he could ramble.

"Surprise," he exclaimed in a kind of cutesy 'I've been found out' voice while raising his hands about shoulder high.

"I knew there was something bigger going on... The hostess looked at you like you were a big deal, the suit guy, knowing more about this place than maybe you should... You don't play poker much do you?"

"No, I don't. I like to have something tangible to show for my hard earned money..."

"You don't spend money unless you get something tangible in return... What about paying for an experience?"

"I'll spend money for an experience, come on... Don't get hung up on lawyer'n my words," he said smiling.

I raised my glass, "Congratulations... What will you be doing here?"

Blake reached into his jacket and pulled out a business card, sliding it across the table. I've seen this move before and couldn't help smiling after I picked it up. I read it aloud, "'de l'Arcade - Blake Schultz - Assistant General Manager. This job getting you closer to your 'career trajectory'?"

"It is actually...," he said confidently, "I seem to remember telling you I had one of those, a trajectory, but never told you what it was..."

"I figured it was some kind of upper management thing. How did you get the job?"

"I told you I know the GM from when we were in Atlantic City. His Assistant General Manager left to care for his mom. I'm not supposed to know, but she was diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer last month..."

"Ah... That's terrible..."

"Yeah, I don't envy their next bunch of months... Anyway, I got a call from Caleb - he's the GM - asking if I would be interested in the job. I said yes, had a phone interview with his other managers and the head of HR. Caleb ended up calling me that same evening to offer me the job."

"Nice... When's your last day at the Grand Cayman?"

"Officially it was yesterday, but I'm being paid through this weekend - for comp time. I need to go back and arrange getting my townhouse cleaned. Gonna have to break my lease..."

"That sucks. Is this the first time you've been in town," I asked.

"I drove a U-Haul out here last weekend, put stuff in storage, hung with my mom, did some orientation stuff here, and flew back late Sunday."

He'd said a lot of stuff - storage, lease breaking, blah, blah, blah - but all I could wonder is if I was a part of his decision making process... Did he think about stopping by last week to see me? Don't jump ahead!

"You're probably wondering why I took the job...," he said when I wasn't moving the conversation forward.

"That thought might have crossed my mind...," I felt flush because he'd read my mind or I was wearing that question on my sleeve. Grrr!

"Well, it's a step toward my goal of becoming a GM one day - that trajectory thing," he said smiling, "And I worry about my mom being alone out here also... I told you my dad passed four years ago, didn't I?"

"Oh... No, I'm sorry to hear that..."

"Yeah, it was a pretty rough time for both of us. He set her up nicely though - insurance, the house was paid off, and the military took care of a lot of the burial worries. I think she considered moving back to Germany shortly after he died, her side of the family is there. Only reason she probably didn't was because of me. So, given the chance to come back to San Diego was an easy choice..."

Family and career advancement, great reasons to relocate to San Diego. I raised my glass, "Congratulations, I'm really happy for you Blake... I'll bet your mom is happy also..."

"Thank you... She is. There is another reason for coming home, it's personal though," he said, a serious look now on his face.

"Are you going to share that with me," I asked - a strange flutter in my stomach and my heart beating a little quicker upon hearing there was more to his relocation decision.

"Come on Brea, you know why... Do I need to spell it out?"

I was having trouble controlling my breathing, I felt warm, flush, a tingly feeling in my toes... "Sure...," I said nervously, barely able to control my over revved mind.

"Okay, well... You certainly played a part in the decision to come back to San Diego. I just... Well, I'm hoping you'll give me a chance to see if... Like, if we can figure out if there's something between us...," he replied nervously for the first time since we'd been reunited tonight.

"What makes you think I haven't moved on or I'm not dating someone?" It took every ounce of control I had to ask that without cracking a smile. I was staring at him, purposely letting him squirm a little. Inside though I was soaring, anxious, fearful, about to explode...

"I... Crap, I hope you aren't seeing someone...," he said surprised by my question.

"I'm not...," the panicky feeling I had when this conversation switch to 'us' was growing and I tried to refocus, tried to remain calm. Drink, drink some of your drink - it might calm your nerves or at least dull them a little.

"Oh, you... You're messing with me," he said with a little nervous chuckle, but looking relieved.

"Maybe a little...," I said shifting in my seat and taking another large swallow of my drink. OMG! Quit fidgeting!

"So... I, like... I need to just ask you out then," he asked unsure of how this was going to work.

"That would be a good start..." That tingle in my toes was now numbness in my feet and my chest felt tight. Relax... Breathe... "Is my being Transgendered something that worries you?"

"No, but... Yeah, maybe a little," he admitted.

"You do understand what someone who is Transgendered is doing, right? You've given this part of dating me at least a little thought?"

"Sure, I have given it some thought..."

"Are you secure in your manhood, understand your gender," I asked trying to remain calm, but my heart was thumping so wildly in my chest. Slow down...

"Yes," he replied looking confused.

"You understand I was born male, but my body was not in alignment with my soul, my heart, or my mind... My choice is not a mental disorder or whatever..."

"I know that much Brea... I understand being Trans at a very high level and I don't think you're crazy or anything like that..."

"And none of that gives you pause," I asked. The answer he was about to give me would speak volumes...

"No... Should it," he asked concerned.

"I would hope not, but right now dating me isn't going to be like all the other women you've been with...," I said hoping the relief in my voice showed through and he understood what he was really getting into.

"Look, I'm physically and cerebrally attracted to you... That first night we met, I knew I wanted to get to know you... I knew you were Trans then and that's honestly not a hang-up for me. In Vegas I just couldn't get a read on whether you were interested in me and I handled that all wrong... Not a confidence building moment for you I'm sure, but I'm really more than I showed..."

I could feel that anxious roiling feeling in my stomach and I was having trouble keeping my focus on what the conversation had just revealed. This guy was a unicorn, one in a million, a non-fetish freak that wanted to be with me for me... WTH! What do I do now?

"Brea... You okay?"

I needed to stay composed. I would kill for just one minute to process this more, "A lot of people aren't happy with the idea of someone being Transgendered. I'm a work in progress Blake, you need to know that up front. You get that - right," I asked nervously - anticipating him recoiling in disgust and maybe not considering where I was in my transition.

"You don't need to spell it out Brea... I'm not going to say this isn't going to be different for me, but I'm willing to make it work... We can go as slow as necessary, respect each other's needs and wants, and see what becomes of it...," he said trying to reassure me.

"I'm not going to lie about who I am or how I became who I am... I'm certainly not militant about that, but I'm not going to shy away from any of my Trans roots. Is that going to be a problem?" Shit! I sound like I was trying to scare him away! I hope he knows that's not what I'm...

"Not for me, and if someone else has a problem with that then it's on them...," he replied looking serious.

"Even if that person is your mom," I asked expecting him to take a step back, reverse course.

"My mom already knows Brea... Both her brothers are gay and happily partnered, so she's fairly open minded. Not so much about the President right now, but LGBTQ stuff - you'll find her pretty supportive. Besides, she liked you on the phone that time you called - don't know what you girls talked about, but she picked up on something...," he said smiling.

"Really? I barely said thirty words to her..."

"Yeah... I know, but you must have a pretty strong aura or something, because she already is digging you. So, Breanna Calloway... Would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?"

"I... I would, but I'm closing tomorrow night and if we have any late sales I might not get out of there until 9:00 PM...," I said worried work was going to screw up, get in the way, of our first official date.

"That's fine, how about I come get you after work? Just text me to let me know when you're close to getting off..."

"Ok... That could be any time between 8 and 9 though...," I said still sounding worried.

"It's fine Brea, I'm not up to anything all day... Well, actually I'm starting to look for a house out here. Any chance you'd be willing to help with that on Saturday," he asked.

"I guess I could in the morning, but I have to be at work by noon...," I replied trying hard to keep the complaining, worry, or whatever out of my voice, "I'm off Sunday... What time do you leave?" OMG! OMG! We're making plans and it's so, so normal... How is this even possible? Am I dreaming? In a comma?

"Think my flight is around 8:00 PM or something like that... We could do a little Saturday morning, then Sunday if that works... I could pick you up at your place or," he paused to curb his enthusiasm, "We can talk about this tomorrow night. I'm not trying to, but trying to fill your dance card," he chuckled.

"Yeah, sure... That totally would work... Saturday morning and Sunday..." All I could think about was I needed to clean my apartment... OMG! This is moving so fast... Dance card? What the hell is that?

"Sweet...," he said but it looked like he had something else on his mind.

"What," I asked.

"I... I'm really happy you're willing to give me another chance Brea. I promise I won't be such a dork this time..."

"Good, I'm... I'm happy too and I'm not going to let you be a dork. I don't have time for dorks...," I replied with a big smile. I lifted my drink, "To second chances..."

He lifted his, "To second chances..."

After a moment of silence I blurted out, "So, what is it you're gonna do for this place?"

"Interesting question...," he began.

"Why," I asked, interrupting him. Shit, I need to stop doing that...

"Well, because this bar is going to be one of my responsibilities and I had an idea that involves you...," he said smiling.

"I have a job Blake, I don't do bartending or serving..."

"Not what I had in mind..."

"Okay, what do you want me for," I asked not really thinking about how that might have sounded.

"I...," he began.

"Keep it clean Mr. Schultz...," I said playfully.

He chuckled, "Yes... Anyway," he started again, still trying to get past my inference about possible adult rated activities, "We've got dueling pianos - I'd like to introduce dueling singers to compliment them... What do you think?"

Interesting, that might be something unique for this area... "I'm flattered, but I don't... I'm not sure I'm good enough for something like that..."

"Seriously," he complained, "You're more than good enough Brea. What if I told you I've got a really amazing pianist onboard, but he's only in if you are?"

Huh? Bill? "You talked to Bill," I asked surprised.

"Yup, and he's only in if you are. We can pay you five-hundred a night - standard rate, for two one hour long sets per night, thirty minute break in between, comp'd drinks and food...," he rattled off the details quickly, excitedly.

Bill was in? We were going to have a serious talk the next time I saw him! "I'm, I... I don't want to sing full-time Blake. I have a job I really like and singing is just... It's just something I do for fun..."

"Prefect... I'm looking to implement this show on Wednesday's to begin with and if it's a hit I'll expand it. I talked to Gary about recruiting some of his amateur talent and as long as we're not conflicting on dates he said he wouldn't mind me poaching a few singers from the show case..."

"Okay... I'm not sure how this is going to look, but it certainly sounds interesting. I mean, if Bill is in... Well, I guess I am...," I replied more tentatively than I intended.

"Awesome! I think you're going to be a huge draw once word gets out. Bill's already planning for the first show...," he said obviously excited I was onboard.

"When is this first show," I asked concerned.

"I'm hoping to get it approved and running in about three weeks, a month's time max..."

Okay, big sigh of relief there! William and I were going to have a serious conversation about the events of the last couple weeks...

Friday, May 2nd 11:13 PM
Our conversations flowed so easily and the same can be said with how easily the drinks went down. I didn't finish my third Renaldo Reggiano Legionnaires rum drink - I chuckled thinking I still didn't know what that rum was called.

"What's so funny," Blake asked pulling into my apartment complex.

"Nothing... Just trying to remember that rum's name...," I said stifling my giggles as best I could.

"Ron Carupano Legendario...," he said.

He had said that all Spanish speaking like, it was cute... I couldn't help but smile. I told him where to park and after a moment we were sitting in a silent car. Awkward!

"You're not mad at me for tonight...," he asked.

"No... I guess I can forgive you, if you can forgive me for being bitchy...," I said meekly.

"I deserved a little grief from you, I'm just happy we're where we're at... Can I walk you to your door?"

Where we're at is my apartment complex and I am having all kinds of adult rated thoughts about you right at this moment Mr. Schultz. Of course you can walk me to my door, but.. But I'm not inviting you in - though I'm tipsy enough to know if you pressed I would probably let... "Okay...," I blurted out not trying to over think the situation.

Friday, May 2nd 11:17 PM
"Well, guess I'll see you tomorrow. Just text me about thirty minutes from when you think you'll be off," Blake said when we reached the door to my apartment.

He smelled so sexy, amazing... I leaned back against the door - wow, that feels good. Are you going to kiss me? Hello?! I reach out and took his hand, "I'm really happy you're coming to San Diego Blake..."

That gesture must have been all the coaxing he needed... He stepped closer, staring into my eyes, put a hand on my chin and kissed me tenderly... A little tongue, soft lips, I could sense his wanting me... Heaven...

"I'll see you tomorrow night Ms. Calloway...," he said after breaking the kiss, but not pulling away.

"Yes, you will..."

FIN

--------------------------------------------
Authors Note: Don't be afraid to "Like" this story if it's doing anything for you (you don't have to have an account to do so and there are no prizes for most likes). If there are problems or you have criticism you'd like to share publicly or via a message or email ([email protected]) - I'd love to address them if I can. I'm trying to grow as a story teller, I'm far from perfect, so any help is much appreciated. Thanks for reading...

Authors Final Recap: Thank You for following along with this story, all the "Like" buttons you've pressed for each chapter, and for every single comment left or PM'd to me. Brea's journey has been all over the place and where she goes from here - that's up to you to decide. I never intended to write something that never ended and readership has declined - so, this is going to be the last chapter. I'll be back to writing after a little break. Love you all! Rachel...

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Perfect ending

My5InchFMHeels's picture

That was a great way to end a wonderful story.

Thank you!

RachelMnM's picture

For seeing this one to the end... Eventually SOMETHING had to go Brea's way! ;-)

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...

Very good idea

Monique S's picture

the reason for the disqualification.

Good story!

Monique.

Monique S

Ya knew...

RachelMnM's picture

There had to be a good reason Dana was dumped. He really wasn't evil like his brother Tyler, but Brea sure wanted to beat that guy. In the end, she did... :-) Thank You for following this one and all your GREAT! comments. Really appreciated knowing if I was in the right lane... :-)

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...

Very nice ending......

D. Eden's picture

To a wonderfully different story. I truly enjoyed it!

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Thank You!

RachelMnM's picture

Was certainly fun to write. I wanted to tell you that I really appreciated your support. :-)

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...

Moreno like this

Please, the same only different. Your know what I mean. I really enjoyed this story line. Thanks for sharing.

Robyn Adaire

Thank you!

RachelMnM's picture

For following along and the comment. I appreciate your taking the time to pass on the praise. :-)

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...

Satisfying Ending

So full of future possibilities. As you said "where she goes from here - that's up to you to decide". I like happily ever after myself, but I think in Breanna's case it might be a bit of a rocky road getting there. Still, a very satisfying place to stop.

Thank you for sharing. I've really enjoyed Breanna's story.

P.S.: Try not to worry too much about falling readership. That's pretty much the pattern of all the stories here. Now that the story is completed, I think you'll see the "reads" grow for all the chapters over the next few months.

Possibilities abound...

RachelMnM's picture

There would definitely be some bumps for her along the way, but she's grown and likely to keep on growing stronger. I have enjoyed every one of your comments and so appreciate you hanging in there with my story while I tried to figure out it's direction. :-)

As for readership - yeah, I shouldn't fret it - but dropping numbers had me worried I was missing the mark or the story wasn't entertaining. I'll be less sensitive in the future.

BIG hugz to ya! :-)

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...

Yay!!!

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Finally, these two get their acts together! Lordy, it took ALL of Brea’s support network to make it happen, too!

Fantastic story, Rachel!

Emma

Blake...

RachelMnM's picture

Certainly blew it, but came around in the end. Brea - she's alright in my book and with a potentially bright future. Thank you for sticking with this story...

XOXOXO

Rachel M. Moore...