Girls Just Want to Have Fun Chp. 10

Printer-friendly version

As Cassidy and Arthur approached Jenny’s single wide trailer. They hear a woman’s scream and gunshots coming from inside the trailer. There were three cars parked in front of the trailer.

There is crashing sound as several bullets pass through the sheet metal skin and hitting the windshield of two of the cars.

“Get down Cassidy.” Arthur grabs his mike.

Cassidy gets as far down in the jeep as she could. She watches Arthur as he calls for back-up.

“Stay here Cassidy.” Arthur gets out of the Jeep and uses the parked cars for cover.

Cassidy watches Arthur as he moved from one car to another for cover. There are two more gunshots. The front door of the trailer opens and one of the guys that had visited Cassidy’s place and attacked her comes stumbling out. He looked like he had been shot. He falls down the steps and lands on the ground.

Arthur waits a few seconds and moves quickly to the man. Blood was pooling under the shorter guys body. He moves towards the entrance of the trailer and carefully peek inside. The place looked all shot-up. The big guy that had been with the short guy was laying on the floor with blood pooled under him.

He spots a woman laying on the floor about twenty feet away. She had half her head blown away. Down the hallway towards the master bedroom, he saw Wes body laying on the floor. He was moaning. Arthur moves carefully around the bodies and pool of blood. He saw where the bullets went through the wall.

He stops when he gets to Wes and see that he had been shot three times. Two bullets had hit his shoulders and one had hit his right upper thigh. Arthur kneels next to him and checks for a pulse. He still had one, which was good and bad.

Cassidy was still out in the Jeep waiting to hear from Arthur. Several county sheriff cars show up. Just as they showed up, Arthur comes walking out of the trailer. He stops anyone from entering the trailer, till paramedics and corner shows up.

Cassidy gets out of Arthur’s Jeep and walks over to Arthur. She saw some blood on his uniform.

“Is he in there?”

“Yes, he is, but he is in bad shape.” Arthur found the bag that the money was in, just inside the Master bedroom.

“I wonder what happened here?” Cassidy was curious.

“That is a good idea and we’ll find out.” Arthur goes back to talk with his people.

Cassidy just watches as the deputy sheriff’s record the crime scene. She made sure to keep out of their way. She walks around towards the back of the trailer and notices a wooden shed. It wasn’t too far from the back door. She walks over towards it and carefully peek inside. She spotted a Victory Magnum motorcycle that looked like it had been prep as an escape vehicle. She’ll have to see if she could buy it when they auction it off. She takes a picture of it and goes to find Arthur. She took the keys that had been in it with her, just in case someone was going to try and leave. She spots Arthur talking with several other deputies. She waits before approaching him.

“Hey, I found these keys in a victory magnum motorcycle in the shed around the back of the trailer. It was all packed and ready to go.” She hands him the keys.

“Thanks, Cassidy, but you really need to stay in the jeep or I can have one of the deputies give you a ride home.” Arthur didn’t need for her to
be contaminating the crime scene.

“Fine, I thought it might be important.” Cassidy turns and walks back to the Jeep.

She grabs her bottle of warm water and takes a sip. She hated just sitting and watching. She wonders if Wes was going to make it and why he involved his girlfriend.

Cassidy falls asleep waiting on Arthur. She had her head resting against the back of the seat, after reclining it back. The light sweet breeze helped her drift off.

When Arthur was done investigating what happened. He heads towards his jeep and finds Cassidy curled up and sound asleep. It had gotten late in the evening.

He gently shakes Cassidy's shoulder “hey sweetie, wake-up.”

She doesn’t move at all when he shakes her. He tries again “hey, Cassidy. Wake-up sweetie.”

Cassidy’s eyes open on the second try. She looks over at Arthur “are you done?”

“Yes, how about we stop at Captain D’s and grab some dinner?”

“Sounds good. Oh, when you auction off the Victory motorcycle, I want it.” Cassidy fixes her seat, so she is sitting straighter.

“I’ll see what I can do for you, sweetie.” Arthur starts the Jeep and drives towards the local Captain D’s on the way back to his place.

Cassidy closes her eyes and enjoyed the wind as it blew by her warm face. When she opens them, she glances towards the passenger side mirror. She notices they had a black car following them.

“Arthur, I think we have a tail.” Cassidy looks towards Arthur.

“I noticed.” Arthur changes lanes and drifts back to let the cars in the lane he left, pass him.

Cassidy reaches behind her back and takes her bra off. She had it dangling in her hand as the car that was following them tried not to pass them. They couldn’t move over, because a semi took up most of the lane.

“Here, toss my bra onto their windshield.” She hands it to Arthur.

Arthur just smirks as the car gets closer and closer to him. They were almost beside him when he tossed Cassidy’s bra right onto their windshield. He watches as they tried to miss the bra.

“Well, that’s twelve dollars down the drain.” Cassidy had a smile on her face.

“I’ll buy you another one.” Arthur moves back over to the left-hand lane and pulls into the Captain D’s parking lot.

They stand outside and watched as the car drives right by them. They couldn’t see the license plate, because they had some sort of cover over it. However, Cassidy did manage to snap a picture of the driver with her cellphone.

“Gotcha.” Cassidy had a big smile on her face.

“You better be careful, Cassy.” The two of them head inside the restaurant.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bad feds or bad guys

Samantha Heart's picture

One. I hope they can figure this out soon & Cassie can get back to doing what she does best... making shine.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

awfully big bra, and cheap

awfully big bra, and cheap for 12 dollars, if it can cover the windshield :)

Still good as a distraction.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

I wonder

What is going to happen to the antique shop? Perhaps somebody will buy it and hire Cassidy to manage it. :-)

Why did Wes involve his GF? That's easy! He is a bleedin' idiot!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin