Heroes For Hire Chp. 15

Printer-friendly version

Striker, Larkin, Jerry, Peyton, and Jessie all come in hurt and bleeding. The mysterious stranger that had been sent to kill month had done a job on them. Striker was carrying Jessie cradled in his arms. There was a huge blood spot on her back where her wings had been sliced off.

Their mysterious assassin had used some sort of sword and cleanly sliced Jessie’s wings off. It also didn’t help that they had been trapped inside a total darkness room.

Just as they sprung their trap on the assassin, it went completely dark in the room. Stacy had been the only one who could sees everything, and Larkin could still smell and hear movement inside the darkness. Everyone else was blind as a bat. None of their optics or lights operated inside the darkness. Even Jessie’s electrical ability didn’t work inside the darkness.

Jerry couldn’t do anything with the darkness. The stuff seemed to resist his powers.

“Take her to medical.” Dr. Greene had been warned about the team’s condition on their way back from handling the assassin.

Peyton’s and Dr. Greene's own ability should cause new wings to grow on Jessie, but she’ll have to refrain from using her shrinking ability till her new wings grow back. Dr. Greene looks at the rest of the members. Both Larkin and striker were cut all to hell. They had at least thirty or more cuts on their body's. Larkin was missing the tip of one of his ears. Striker had a few deep cuts near his throat and on his neck. Peyton’s outfit was cut all to hell. Her breasts were hanging out with a nasty cut going across the top of them and her abdomen was exposed with a nasty cut going straight across it.

The side of Jerry’s face looked like Larkin had punched him. The bruise looked to be the size of Larkin’s fist.

“Who punched you?” She examines it quickly.

“Larkin did. I was standing near him when our assassin tricked him, and he hit me instead. I’m lucky I have a tough jaw.”

“See me later after I make sure Jessie is okay.” Dr. Greene leaves Jerry and heads toward medical to check on Jessie.

Charlie follows behind her mother. She’s been wanting to help more around the house and with her mother.

“Will Jessie be okay, mom?” Charlie was coping her mother by scrubbing her hands.

“We’ll see, sweetie. Now, put some gloves on.” Dr. Greene shows Charlie how to put the gloves on.

Charlie follows her mother into the operating room. She grabs a tray of sterilized operating tools and brings them over to her mother. She stands nearby and out of her mother’s way.

The rest of the team were tending to their wounds. Striker winces when the peroxide hits his cuts. Whatever that sword was made of, shouldn’t have been able to slice into his skin, but it did. It also hurt when it cut his skin. He spots Larkin pouring beer on his wounds.

“You know we have other stuff you can use.” Wasting beer wasn’t something Striker liked.

“I know. This is just faster.” Larkin takes a swig of beer before he pours some on his cuts.

“We’ll your cleaning the mess up.” April had gotten up when she heard voices down in the kitchen. Her bedroom was near the kitchen.

Stacy was holding the sword the assassin had. She could tell it was handcrafted and very old.

“I wonder how old this sword is?” She hadn’t been affected by it or the assassin’s abilities either. The shadows and darkness were her friends.
She could move easily through them. She could also see in them as well.

“I could tell you, but I’m afraid to touch that damn thing.” Jerry had a beer in his hand and had it press against the bruised on the side of his face.

“Here, this will work better.” April gives Jerry a ziplock bag of frozen peas from the garden.

April looks at everyone present in the kitchen “so, what happened to the assassin and where’s Jessie?”

“Month and the assassin have become one.” Stacy had an evil grin on her face.

“What do you mean by that?” April looked confused.

“Means she merged their bodies together with her ability. She left the assassin inside Month’s body.” That was the last scream anyone heard
from the assassin.

April cover her mouth and felt like she wanted to throw up. She manages to get herself under control.

“Where’s Jessie?”

“She’s down in medical. She lost her wing’s but with Peyton’s and Dr. Greene talents, she should get her wings back. If we need to, Jerry could
force her body to grow new wings.” Striker knew Jessie loved having wings.

“Well, I am going down and check on her.” April heads downstairs to medical.

Graft Bioresearch, Manhattan, KS:
Alarms start blaring around midnight. One of the people who had been changed sends the reinforced door of examination room 2 flying out of the doorway. A huge bear-like humanoid creature that stood almost seven feet tall was standing on the other side of it. Standing near him, was a woman who stood almost as tall as him with long golden blonde hair. She was naked as well and really built. Her chest was well proportion to her body. Her skin looked like she spent time tanning herself. Her body looked like she worked out a lot. It was well toned and firm. She was only a foot shorter then the humanoid bear person was.

They were standing in two inches of liquid and there were pieces of flesh floating on top of the liquid. Standing behind them was a naked humanoid White Heart Tiger person. He stood almost as tall as the golden-haired woman. He was carrying a naked, human child asleep in his arms. She had light brown hair that stopped midway down her back. She had fair skin and was resting her head against the humanoid White Heart Tiger chest. She looked rather young and could possiblely be in her preteens.

Several guards come rushing in carrying prodding sticks in their hands. They tried to taser the humanoid bear person, but they couldn’t get close to the door. The cattle prodders in their hands flew from their grips.

A smile forms on the woman’s face as she lifted one of her hands in front of her and sent the guards flying backward from the door. She steps out followed by the huge humanoid bear man. He was followed by the person that looked like a humanoid White Heart Tiger. He held the naked little girl protectively close to his body, protecting her as much as he could.

It was a fight all the way up to the nearest exit. The bear man had grabbed some of the soldier’s weapons and was using them. The woman seemed to be able to protect them and repel the soldiers and their weapons away from them.

They make it out of the facilities and ran several miles, before spotting a passing train. The bear man scooped the golden hair woman up, as he leaped into an empty coal bin as the train was rumbling down the track. The woman looks over at the Tiger to see how the young girl was doing.

In a growling inhuman voice "she's still unconscious."

She couldn’t believe that the fluids that had poured out of the flesh cocoon protecting the girl had given them the strength they needed to break out of the place. She had seen what they had planned for them when one of the medical personnel had touched her, but she was too weak to do anything.

They were going to be used to fight a war against supernatural creatures and be used for special black op’s projects. She and the other two guys knew they had to break out tonight and take the girl with them.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Something very nasty

Samantha Heart's picture

About that sword something supernatural about it. To be able to do what it did.... I wonder if this group that brole out of the research lab will meet up with Dr. Green & Striker

Love Samantha Renée Heart.