I Just had to Drabble in Politics

Printer-friendly version

His daddy had power, and position.

He and his brother seemed to have mixed their positions.

While all seemed to be able to govern, and all three did,
when time to renew the union’s bid there would be no second term as daddy’s polls slid.

Now as the years roll by, we sit and wonder why,
If we were doomed to be bushed, why couldn’t John Ellis have tried?

I do not know if this makes an octet, but now that eight years have passed
We know that when it comes to our U.S. history George W does not pass.

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Make your votes count

To back up a bit I do like our president, and think that he is a good man. However his presidency as looked back on history will not be great. I look forward to this election, and hope that both candidates take the opportunity to debate or do joint town hall meetings. We do not need to have the animosity of the last two elections to continue. May the best candidate win, whom ever it may be.

Correct English, or American

It should be "our" US History, not "are". Please Drabble, not Dribble!

Corrected English

Like my pay check my English was Poor.

Another eight years having passed ...

It has been a lost eight years, indeed perhaps more, as I see no good candidates. Perhaps the best candidates, are also persons who are all too wary of the beat down that are systems now administers to all who try.

And yet another half-dozen years

And it feels like we are all worse off; certainly I think the U.S. nation is. I fell into the trap thinking a non-politician President was a good play. Oh how wrong. Maybe we are better off leaving it to the professionals. At least the professionals always seem to play it safe while lining their pockets, as opposed to this amateur who lines his pockets while making life more challenging. I feel sadder by the day for our next generation.
I know this bit was written some 12 years ago but what stills resounds is the lack of lessons learned.

>>> Kay