The Colour Vision of Dragon Kind

Printer-friendly version

I am Integrator, of dragon kind. My siblings are Interpretor, Concatenator, Extractor, Comparator and Analyser. In answer to your question, a major difference between my eyesight and yours is that I can see the whole of the electro-magnetic spectrum, from ultra long radio waves to ultra short cosmic waves, whilst you poor benighted souls can only see the portion from seven times ten to the minus seven metres which you call red to two times ten to the minus seven metres which you call violet. The Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet spectrum, for which some of you use the Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain mnemonic. You are sensitive to slightly longer wavelengths as heat, Infra Red you call it, and your skin reacts by darkening, if you are not of the fair variety of humans to the slightly shorter wavelengths, Ultra Violent you call it.

My memory which I will to tell you about was when I saw the colour of about two hundred and forty-seven metres in wavelength. I have been told it is what you call a radio frequency and used for broadcasting what you refer to as enertainment. I have never been rendered as sick in my entire life which is now several thousand times longer than one of your lifespans. Perhaps we have more in common than we realise, I believe Terry Wogan and Jerry Springer have that effect on some humans too.

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

1215 on your AM dial?

Or probably 1220 KHz. A quick google yields a few stations on that channel. It probably gets interesting at night when the ionosphere is cooperating.

247 metres

247 metres medium wave AM used to be BBC Radio 2. It was available all over the UK and most of Europe too. I never listened to it myself for the reason given in the story. I've never had a mobile phone or a TV and since I drive so little now I hardly ever listen to the radio. I don't read newspapers because I prefer to make my own lies up (whoops, I mean create my own new truth) they are far more interesting and I get to chat with folk like yourself. Most, like yourself, are actually worth spending time with unlike the press.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

Not missing much

Podracer's picture

What was that old song? "Fifty seven channels and nothing on" . One hopes that Integrator could use their vast life experience to find a way to filter out the nonsense, or at least find a good pair of sunglasses.

"Reach for the sun."

Media

I recently heard on 'The Digital Human' Radio 4 (I listen in the car sometimes) that the most valuable thing about us is no longer our data but our attention which is why we are constantly bombarded with advertising. From the advertiser's point of view there is no undesirable taget interaction. So don't abuse them, ignore them.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen