Patience is a Virtue

Printer-friendly version

Deirdre not only looked like a sociopath, she was. But unlike your stereotypical psycho she was patient, endlessly so, but then she had the time. Her most arresting, if you’ll pardon the pun, feature was her now natural, bleach white coloured hair. Her hair had been a glorious deep red, and had inspired many to wonder if other gingers didn’t have souls either. It had gone that colour within hours of her first sequence of several hundred orgasms, which she had achieved as a result of her slaughter, butchery, cooking and subsequent consumption of her first police officer, all in just three days. She wasn’t too fond of other vegetables.

Her small mouth was round and crinkled, and it was in a state of continual motion as it strained like the anus of a constipated whippet. Her pointed tail like nose, rigidly quivering above her straining sphincter, and her visible tongue, obscenely suggestive of an almost successful bowel movement as it repeatedly attempted to overcome the resistance to its freedom, enhanced the resemblance, but it was her intelligent eyes that gave away the fact that there was no sycophantic canine mentality behind them. Adamantinely hard and remorseless as time they were inky black with the sparkle of ice. They were set in her thin narrow face and made her look as if she were a member of the mustelidae, known throughout all history as the family of carnivora that harboured more ferocity and attitude per gram of body weight than any other.

An interesting but not particularly intelligent observation is that Gulo gulo most commonly known as the wolverine is also known as the gluton. It’s not particularly intelligent because gulo translates as gluton from the Latin.

Deirdre saw her existence as one that required infinite patience, and it gave her time to reflect on her future activities. She was in love with Hannibal Lecter, and days at a time would pass her by as lost in her erotic fantasies concerning their honey moon and subsequent marital life she pleasured herself to the point of pain and beyond. She had all the time in the world to perfect the preparations for her next decent meal. In three hundred and twenty four years she would have served her time, and despite their reputation for being arrogant and insensitive to the point of poor taste, she fancied having a social worker round for dinner.

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gingers

Gingers earn a freckle for each soul they steal.

Gingers and Freckles

I'm an unashamed ginger, (since birth I was told) and I probably got your share of the freckles by mistake, so I doubt you're doing anything wrong. I'd give them back if I could, Rosey. Honest. But I've kind of got used to them, and much more importantly I have a friend who would be seriously upset if any went missing. My friend would know cos they get counted regularly. It's a game we play, but any more is TMI! The ginger is fading a bit now and has to have a bit of help from time to time, but the freckles are still going strong and I promise I'm looking after yours as well as I look after mine.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

We Italians don't have freckles

laika's picture

We're so greasy they just slide right off our faces!
The stregas among us have been known
to steal a soul or two, with our evil eye,
but we draw the line at eating people-
YUCKO! Worse than Spam!!
Once was enough for me...

And I tend to get along with the gingers I have met.
You're intense and clearly all possessed by
demonic spirits! I like that in a person...
~Veronica

spam

I guess it all depends how badly they upset you. But trust me, nobody is cacaple of upsetting me enough to eat spam. How it derives from Shoulder of Pork And haM I'll never understand when there is clearly more meat in TVP. Long pork anyone?
Regards,
Eolwaen.

Eolwaen

Soylent Green!

Spam is made out of Soylent Green!

Soylent Green

I think you have it, Roy. It all comes together now. Thats why SPAM is so tasteless. Deirdre was right all the time! Which would have given McAllister of 'Life Expectancy' another option. Surplus People Are Meat.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

Freckles and Souls

I hate to say it, Ray, but if that's true, I'm a master thief and a repository for more souls than I've ever met people. How did I manage that? Any idea's.

Seriously, do you mind if I use the idea as a basis for a story? I've never come across that before, and something's brewing in my head, but I'd hate to think I stole and then stole a march on someone else's idea. Do let me know please.
Thank you and regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

Be my guest

It isn't even my meme. In fact, I found several versions when I googled it. Perhaps you can grab one to use with your story.

Mostly irrelevant

My first thought after reading the title, but not the story, is that :

Patience is a member of the AA&CSCBR&TA.

My regards to Jan & Dean.

AA&CSCBR&TA Jan and Dean

My apologies, but I had no idea what any of your comment referred to. I googled it to find something concerning Soul Music and a car crash with subsequent squables over music rights. I am not much wiser now because I have still not made the connection to my title. I know absolutely nothing about soul music and could not name a single song or a single artist. I suspect had I been able to things may have been different. Even though I let you down with my lack of appreciation, thank you for taking the time to make what I suspect is a witty or clever comment.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

Don't Know Where You Looked...

...but Jan and Dean are about as far removed from soul music as a pop-rock duo can get. Surfing and hopped-up cars were the primary features of their songs, but one of their sub-genres, so to speak, included the Little Old Lady from Pasadena (a fearsome hot-rod racer) and the Anaheim, Azusa & Cucamonga Sewing Circle, Book Review and Timing Association -- "timing" having to do with car tune-ups. The two members named in the song are Patience Proper and Prudence Prim, but that's certainly not the first Patience reference I'd have come up with.

Eric

Jan and Dean

Thanks for letting me know, Eric. I know as little about pop-rock as I do about soul. I put the initials as they appeared in the original comment into Yahoo (I don't use google) and pressed go! I had no idea what the first 3 hits meant and it was number 4 that I quoted. I do undestand about timing in an engineering sense. Engines, machinery &c. But I hate not knowing! So thanks for putting me out of my misery.
Regards,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen

Timing Association

Sorry to have created such a mess. A timing association is an organization which sponsors races where elapsed time is the primary concern.

Reference the Southern California Timing Association.

Further reference: The song title "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" had its roots in an alleged used-car sales pitch - that the subject vehicle had previously been owned by a little old lady from Pasadena, who had only driven it on Sundays, to church (or was that Lions International?)

FWIW dept.

Jan & Dean actually produced an album titled "Fillet of Soul", which included a decent rendition of the Lennon/McCartney "Norwegian Wood".

All the Above

I can claim to have heard of both Lennon and McCartney. Both beatles along with Starr and Harrison, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. I understand the meaning of elapsed time, but am not sure I understand the implication in this context. Sorry to be a pain folks, but my life has always been a little different from most folks. I've never lived anywhere that had a TV, never used a mobile phone and rarely bought a newspaper. I get asked, "What do you do?" but I've never had enough time to do all the things I would like to do. Now retired I don't know how I found time to work.
Regards and Thanks to all who have attempted to lighten my darkness,
Eolwaen

Eolwaen