Cynthia and the Wonderful Corrections - Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Cynthia and the Wonderful Corrections - Chapter 3

By Portia Bennett

 
Introduction: This story is the fourth and final story in a series within a series. The overall series is the “Cynthia Chronicles”. This story is directly connected to “Simoné and the Second Time Around”, “Marti and the Doppelganger”, and Marti and the Doppelganger – a Follow Up”. Several of the stories in the Cynthia Chronicles left some unanswered questions. In “Bobbie and the Glass Ceiling” two of the antagonists are regressed to childhood. Now we will learn what happened to them. In “Randi and the College Professor” Randi and Frank Deere adopt Betty, a bit of a rogue witch. Betty was regressed to early childhood, but she kept her powers. As it turns out, Betty was a real blessing. We also learn a bit more about Cindy’s first born who is the first new wizard in probably close to a thousand years. Then there is a question that has been floated about. What about death?

We meet Marion Johnson, a retired NFL football star. Terri Matthews, his boss, knows immediately that Marion is transgender. She watches him closely. Well, as well as she can as they are in separate locations in Connecticut. He finally comes out to Terri, and the process begins. -->
 


This work is copyrighted by the author and any publication or distribution without the written consent of the author is strictly prohibited. This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of the characters to persons living or dead is coincidental.


 

Chapter 3 – Transitions, Marianne and Emily’s Story

Cindy and Bobbie had one advantage that few counseling establishments had. They had ‘been there and done that’. Dealing with transgender was a very small portion of their clientele. They worked with adults as well as with children. They worked with the mentally ill. They worked with the abused, the disadvantaged and an increasingly increasing number of those suffering from PTSD. Their current world was starting to fall into the pit Randi’s previous world had fallen into. They were uniquely qualified to work with the transgender.

If they determined an individual was truly transgender, and that was pretty much instantaneous, they had several options depending on the individual, the individual’s age, and the orientation of the child’s parents. Some situations were far easier than others. They had cases where an adult requested counseling. It might have been due to a person’s desire to seek help. It could be due to a parent’s concern about their child’s confusion about their sex. It might also be due to parents wanting to ‘cure’ their child of his or her delusions. If Cindy and Bobbie felt an actual transformation was the best route to follow, they would ask The Wizard to step in. There was no need to have the transgender individual to have to go through the agony of HRT, surgery and facing a community that might not be very accepting. I think a few examples might help.

***

Cindy had completed her review of the files belonging to Marion Johnson. Marion was a very successful safety consultant working for a major insurance company headquartered in Connecticut. Marion had considered suicide; however, stopped taking that action at the last moment. He knew he needed help.

“Mr. Johnson, Dr. Anderson and I have reviewed your file and we feel very strongly that you are indeed transgender.”

“Well, that certainly didn’t take long. I thought these things took months of counselling and tests, to come to a conclusion like that.”

“Dr. Anderson and I have specialized in this area for quite a while. I don’t think we’ve ever been wrong in making that determination. Do you have any problems with that diagnosis? After all, that’s why you came to us in the first place.”

“My supervisor, Terri Matthews, recommended I see you. We were doing a joint survey, and she sensed something about me. I was getting very depressed, and it didn’t take much for her to get the story out of me. She never batted an eye. She said I couldn’t go wrong, and she authorized medical leave for me to come here on company time. She said she didn’t want to lose me. I think she meant that in the literal sense.

“I’ve told all of this to you and Dr. Anderson before, but hearing a positive response this quickly is very nice,” Marion said in a rather upbeat tone.

“I guess the question at this time is what action do you wish to pursue?” Cindy responded.

“That’s the hell of this entire situation, Dr. Brewer. I would love to be able to transition; however, I would be a rather unpleasant joke. I am six and a half feet tall. I played football in the NFL for nine years. I’ve played in the Super Bowl twice; been on the winning side once. I have a graduate degree in safety engineering, and have a great job with a great company. I am unmarried. There is a woman who works in my office whom I am very fond of, and I know she likes me. There are some problems, though. She’s gay. I wish we could connect beyond an office friendship, but that will never be. She is such a wonderful person. If I did transition, I would be a joke. As much as I like her, the before and after would be too much to take.”

“So, what actions would you want to take to make you feel more comfortable,” Dr. Brewer asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t see any acceptable solution. I could get on HRT, grow some unsubstantial breasts, maybe get breast augmentation, I don’t know. I could get facial feminization surgery, but I’ve seen what the surgeons said they could do. It’s not acceptable.

“My god, I weigh nearly 300 pounds. I could never get my proportions right even if I tried.”

“Mr. Johnson, suppose there was a way you could become the way you wanted to be, what would you want”

“I would want Emily Warren to love me as I was.”

“I don’t think we could do that. Nature would just have to take its course. What would you want physically? If it were possible.”

“I’m not sure why you’re asking. We know that’s not possible.”

“Humor me,”

“Well, Emily is short; about five-four. I would love to be about the same height, maybe an inch or two taller. She has a beautiful figure, and I know she’s proud of it. I would like to be her complement, what she desires in a lover.”

“Do you have any other preferences?”

“Well since we are fantasizing, I’d like to be strawberry blonde, a real ginger. But if that is not what appeals to Emily, I would gladly appeal to her desires.”

“I think I understand what your desires are. You will not be able to discuss anything we’ve discussed in this meeting with anyone but Dr. Anderson, Dr. Bettencourt and me. I have written a prescription for you. Please take it to Dr. Bettencourt. His office is next door to this one. He is expecting you. Please return to me after Dr. Bettencourt has completed his consultation.”

Cindy’s calendar was open for the remainder of the day, so she took care of some paperwork while she waited for the knock on her door that she knew would soon be coming. It took about 45 minutes.

“Come in.”

Cindy looked at the young woman who entered. She was about five-six, but it was just a guess because of her low heels. She was definitely a strawberry blonde, and this was supported by the freckles that adorned her complexion. She had a nice figure; a bit athletic, but not voluptuous. Her green eyes sparkled.

Marianne seated herself in the chair ‘he’ had left less than an hour before.

“Are you okay?”

“Okay would be an understatement. Obviously, all those myths are true. Well at least, most of them are. Thank you for believing me. I know I won’t be able to talk about this on the outside; however, there will be a place in my heart for you forever. The Wizard told me that everything will have changed as far as my family, friends and associates are, but that I will never forget, unless I want to. I don’t intend to forget, and I will send anyone who needs your help to you. I owe you my life.

“It also seems my two super bowl rings are now an Olympic Gold Medal and an Olympic Silver Medal for soccer. It seems I was a pretty good soccer player, but my memories will always be of football. The soccer memories are there if I want them. I can see I’m still athletic. I am so ….” Tears started to flow.

Cindy folded the smaller woman in her arms, and gave her a gentle kiss. Marianne gradually regained her composure.

“It has never been easy for me to hide my emotions, but being happy never made me cry before. I guess I’m going to have to carry more tissues.

“I am very glad that we could do this for you,” Cindy said. “You know how to reach me if you need any help. I don’t think you will need any, though. Don’t forget those pills. I know you’re on a bit of a high right now. I know, because I was there once.”

Marianne looked at Cindy, and suddenly she understood.

The next morning Marianne was at her desk. She was about five minutes late. In spite of the programmed instructions The Wizard had given her, getting ready for work was more time consuming than she expected. She had driven through the doughnut shop and picked up a cup of coffee and some crullers. She was refilling her cup in the break room when Emily Warren came in to refill her cup.

“Good morning Anne, how’s your morning going?”

“Not bad, how about you?”

“Pretty good, do you have a couple of minutes?”

“Sure.”

Marianne followed Emily to one of several tables in the room. They were the only two in the room.

“Anne, how long have we known each other?”

“I guess three years. You introduced yourself to me that day Terri took me around to meet everyone.”

“You’ve known about me from very early on, and I think I’ve known about you. I’m just wondering why we’ve never connected?”

“I don’t really know, Emily. Maybe it was due to some bad relations in the past. I’m sure you’ve noticed I’m not very outgoing. My mother says I’m too shy.”

“Bull shit! I used to watch you play soccer. You put in the winning goal in the Olympic finals. You weren’t very shy about celebrating. I had a thing about you then. Then you retired after that injury, and six months later you showed up here. My heart fluttered. I don’t think half the people here knew who you were, but I did. You always smiled at me with that beautiful smile, but that was it.

“Well, I’m tired of waiting. I’m inviting you over to my place for dinner tonight. I have some great wine, and port for after dinner. I will not take no for an answer; seven o’clock, be there.”

If Marianne had any doubts about Emily, they were eliminated that night, and the next two nights and days. They were drinking some after dinner port and listening to some Ravel. It was not the Bolero; just some nice quiet chamber music. Their shoes had long since been kicked off. They were side by side on the couch, just gently leaning against each other. Maybe Emily had started it by making the date; however, Marianne knew where this night was going to from the time she had entered the apartment. She knew the time was right as she turned to Emily who had somewhat of an inviting expression on her face. Her lips were slightly parted. Marianne gently kissed her soft lips. Soon they were devouring each other.

Marianne paused for a moment and looked down at her lover’s eyes.

“Please,” Emily asked. She didn’t really have to.

Marianne led Emily to Emily’s bedroom. Emily stood quietly, shaking a bit, as Marianne gently disrobed her. Somehow Marianne was already nude. Emily’s body was perfect. Marianne’s imagination hadn’t failed her. She was ready. She had been ready for nearly three years. To say they were compatible was an understatement.

Afterwards, Emily was quietly weeping as Marianne gently held her while lightly stroking her body. “So long, why did this take so damn long? I was ready for you three years ago.”

“Sometimes things take a while to work out. Let’s just say I was very attracted to you not long after we met that first time. I knew you were the one then, but there were some problems that had to be taken care of.”

“I don’t think I understand,” Emily said after kissing her lover’s beautiful breasts. Marianne’s gentle petting had started her fires to build again.

“I will tell you someday,” Marianne whispered. She suddenly realized something. The fact that she was able to say that meant she would be able to tell her. “I think I will be able to tell you soon, very soon.”

***

Marianne and Emily’s love story continues. Emily and Marianne meet The Wizard and learn a little more about each other. They want to start a family.

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos