Woodcrest #5: Investigating Audrey Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

“Pledge!” I called out to Cassandra from across the room. She was one of the few remaining pledges, and I had to get in all the fun I could. She looked up, staring at me from across the crowded living room and then made her way over, weaving through a line of dancing bodies belonging to both DAM and GAT members. I grinned a bit, noticing her discomfort at the entire situation. She probably wasn’t one for social settings; probably shouldn’t have joined a sorority then. As she neared, I pointed to the empty glass in my hand, rattling the half-melted ice cubes. “My glass is empty, pledge.”

Cassandra stared at me for a second, I looked her insistently, finally managing to get her to take the glass from me and walk toward the kitchen. I smiled inwardly; sure we were tormenting them but it would end as soon as hell week was over. If they could put up with our crap until then they totally deserved to be a part of our house.

“Enjoying the party?” Aleah asked as she sat next to me on the couch. I laughed.

“You know I am. I’m going to be honest, I expected to be packing up tonight, not throwing a party. Audrey really came through for us.”

“She did,” Aleah nodded. “We owe her big, but don’t let up on her. She wanted to be a GAT girl, and that means she gets everything that comes with it.”

“I’ll be sure to get the chocolate syrup ready,” I grinned.

“I was thinking apples to onions,” Aleah took a sip of her drink.

“Really?” I said. “You think they’re ready for that?”

“It’ll be a great way to kick of hell week,” She nodded. “See where their loyalties lie, you know?”

“Right,” I said in agreement. “Um…what about Audrey? Do you still want her to be a part of hell week?”

“Why not?” Aleah raised an eyebrow. “She wants to be a GAT sister, right?”

“Right,” I nodded. “But um…Leina might not be too happy about it.”

“Fuck Leina,” Aleah practically spat. “She needs to let her sister have the full college experience, if she keeps interfering then what’s all this for anyway? Oh hell, there’s Matt Proctor, I’m going to go dance.”

“Just dance?” Stared out at the living room and saw Matt grinding against another girl, I couldn’t even remember her name.

“Well, maybe ride his face a little.”

“Try to do it in your room,” I suggested. “That presidential suite is going to waste.”

As Aleah stepped away from the couch I craned my neck around the room and looked for Audrey. I spotted her easily, she’d been cornered by some huge DAM guy, he had her pressed against the staircase with a hand above her, on the wall. She looked uncomfortable as hell. I stood up immediately, and as I crossed toward her, I collided with Cassandra who had been returning with my drink. The contents of the glass splattered across my top and the glass fell to the floor, thudding quietly against the carpet. I glared at her.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, pledge?!” I demanded. Immediately stepping forward and pressing my chest against hers.

“I…I’m sorry,” She stuttered, stepping back. “I’ll clean it up.”

“Clean it up?” I shouted, moving closer and pressing my face toward hers. “What about my top? Do you know how much this cost? What the FUCK am I supposed to wear?!”

“I…I…I’m sorry,” She repeated.

I briefly considered making her switch tops with me, it would have been kind of funny to make her strip in the middle of the party, but my eyes wandered to Audrey who was growing more and more panicked at the advances of the DAM guy. Yeah, probably rightly so, if he groped her and found a penis we were going to have a problem on our hands.

“Clean it up,” I snapped. “Then get me another fucking drink.”

As Cassandra stumbled back toward the kitchen, I made a beeline toward Audrey and slapped the guy on the shoulder.

“Buzz off,” I told him, jerking my head to the side.

“Fine, cockblocking bitch,” He growled.

“Are you okay?” I asked Audrey. She was kind of cute today; I’d put her in this pink polka-dotted dress and bright pink lipstick. Okay, I’d made her look like a preteen, and I’d done it because I was bored, or maybe it was a sort of hazing on my part, I don’t know. Either way she was adorable and the guys were taking advantage of it. I needed to tone her down a little. “Let’s get you upstairs.”

I took her gently by the hand and walked to the right, winding around the stairs and pulling her up the steps until we reached the landing. I paused for a moment and then walked her to the bedroom. I had to find her something a little more dull to wear.

“What are we doing?” She asked shakily.

“I’m changing you,” I informed her. “Maybe something a little more…adult. I forgot what kind of pervs we were dealing with here.”

“If they’re pervs then why did you invite them over?”

“Sometimes I like pervs,” I laughed. “It’s just not working out well for you. Let’s see, do you want sleeves or now?”

“Uh, yeah, sleeves,” She nodded. I stood her in the center of the room and turned toward the closet, looking through the myriad of dresses that belonged to me, Courtney, and a few of the other girls. Audrey didn’t have too many of her own clothes, and the other girls didn’t really mind dressing her up in theirs; she fit pretty well after all. “Tiffany…can I just stay upstairs? Or go back to my dorm?”

“Absolutely not,” I snatched a gray dress from a hangar. It was plain, but it would still cling to her curves; what little curves she had. It was kind of a church dress to be honest, but it was still pretty cute. “This should keep them off you. When we go downstairs you’re going to clean up the meat and cheese trays and get the others out of the fridge. You’re pretty familiar with that, right?”

“Yeah,” She kind of blushed and looked down toward the floor.

“Yeah,” I cocked my head.

“Yes Miss Tiffany,” She corrected herself.

“I’m going to fix your makeup too, you look like a prepubescent girl, it’s drawing the guys to you like flies. We’ve gotta fix that.

“Okay,” She nodded. I handed her the dress and stepped forward to examine her makeup.

“We don’t have to do much,” told her. “Maybe cut back on the blush a bit and definitely change the lipstick. A lighter red will make you look like more of an adult…”

I suddenly trailed off as I examined her makeup. I don’t know what came over me, I honest to god don’t, but suddenly, leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, I became immediately aware of our lipstick smearing, her pressing back against me, and my hands clutching her waist. Almost as quickly as it started, I pulled back in utter horror as I stared at her, my jaw dropped, and I immediately pushed away from her as she stared at me in shock.

“Oh, shit.”

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

“Oh, shit.”

giggles. whoops!

DogSig.png

Looks like Tiffany

Samantha Heart's picture

Like Aidry a LOT more then just as a pledge. She's the one who indicated the kiss not Audry.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Love it!

Audrissa this is a great story and keeps getting better as it goes on.Thank you for writing it.