Off Time - Chapter 2 - Who's Adrian? - The Saga of Adrianne

Printer-friendly version
BigCloset TopShelf Featured Author
Katherine Phillips

All the work I post here is in its first draft format. I do this so that you can still read what I'm writing and so you have a reason to buy my books when they are edited and published, alongside supporting me as a person of course.

This is a branch or fan fiction from my book Adrian - The Saga of Adrianne. I hope you can enjoy it for what it is without reading the book.

***

Prologue Too

***
My name is Adrianne. I’m with my family on vacation in LA. My uncle is a big time architect and designs houses for some of the most elite families in the world.

I have a little sister that is probably the most annoying person on the planet. My mother and father grew up in Ohio where we live.

I have a secret that I haven’t told anyone but I’m sure if you stick around you’ll get to find out what it is.

We’re at my uncle's house for breakfast and then we’re going to drive down to New Mexico to visit my Aunt Gabby before flying back home.

***

I loved how big this house was. *I wish we could move here.* I gushed.

There was only one room left to explore, the attic. I checked down the hall and Morgan was nowhere in sight.

I quickly made my way up the stairs, doing my best to keep out of sight. The first thing I noticed in the room was the bed. It was pretty standard as beds went but the bright red bedding was inviting.

I ran over to the bed and fell backward onto it clasping my phone to my chest. I squealed flailing my feet. I let out a deep sigh and sat up. My phone buzzed and I checked to see what or who it was.

It was a facebook notification. It said that Kelly went out for breakfast at some restaurant. I checked the time and it said ‘Oh Seven Twenty-Three’. My sister Morgan was messing with my phone and somehow turned on military time. I really hated technology and especially hated this phone.

A piercing noise wracked at my ears and I turned off my phone, hoping that it would stop. When it didn’t stop I closed my eyes and started screaming.

***

The sound slowly began to fade away and I opened my eyes again. To my surprise, I saw my aunt sitting down on a bean bag as big as a queen-size bed.

“Visions?” A younger girl asked.

A girl my age sitting next to my Aunt said, “Yeah, he always has visions of himself in a movie theater. He usually only gets small clips of it.”

“What causes them?” The younger girl asked.

“Aunt Gabby?” I asked, my voice sounded weird.

I looked down at what I was wearing. I had a boys t-shirt and pants on.

*What am I wearing?* I thought.

“Morning Adrianne.” The younger girl greeted me.

I got a good look at her this time. She looked a lot like me and a bit like my Aunt.

I got up off the bed and looked around at the room. I was in Uncle Sam’s attic but it looked different. I took a step and almost fell over. My whole body felt strange and I noticed a weird ache in the back of my mind that I’d never felt before.

I took another step and felt something odd between my legs. I moved my hand to my crotch and felt something between my legs that shouldn’t be there.

I gasped, backed up tripping over my own feet and fell. My head hit the side of the bed frame causing me to yelp.

“Adrianne?” The girl my age asked.

“What happened?” The younger girl chimed in.

“Shit.” My aunt cursed and started walking over to me.

My Aunt sat next to me, and the girl that was my age joined her.

“Ohh, sweetie are you ok?” Aunt Gabby said as she pulled me up into her arms hugging me. I hugged her back and started sobbing.

“It’s ok,” She cooed.

“W-where’s Mom?” I sobbed out.

“She’s downstairs sweetie. It’s ok, you just fell.”

I sat up and looked around. I had no clue why the room had changed or who these two girls were.

I leaned into my aunt's shoulder and whispered.“W-who are they?”

She gave me this confused look like she didn’t know what I was asking.

“Can I talk to my Aunt alone?” I asked the girl next to me.

“Adrianne…”She trailed off.

When I didn’t say anything she nodded at me, got up and headed towards the stairs.

“You too please,” I said to the younger girl.

The young girl looked at my aunt and said, “Mom!”

My eyes went wide, *What?! Aunt Gabby doesn’t have kids!*

Aunt Gabby looked at her and said, “Go.”

After the two girls were gone I sighed.

“What did you want to talk about?” My aunt asked.

“I don’t know what's happening!” I looked down at my clothes and pinched them and then let go of them, “Why am I wearing boy clothes?”

The confused look never left her face. My Aunt, I counted as one of my best friends. I loved talking with her she had such a great mind for acting. I loved her youtube channel.

“What do you mean, Adrianne?”

“I had a really bad piercing headache and I was suddenly here in boys clothes.” I looked over towards the stairway and continued. “And who were those two girls?”

She laughed at me, “That’s Claire and Anne.” she furrowed her eyebrows, “Stop kidding around.”

I opened my mouth to say something but didn’t know what to say so I didn’t say anything. Neither of the girl's names sounded familiar. I went to play with my hair but it wasn’t there. I felt all over my head and my hair was short.

I screeched and stood up.

“What is it, Adrianne?”

“I-I need to go to the bathroom.”

I shot up to my feet, ran towards the stairs and descended.

The two girls were sitting at the foot of the stairs so I pushed past them and ran to the bathroom.

I locked the door behind me and stripped my shirt off. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked different. I had short curly hair, green eyes and my chest wasn’t sensitive at all or growing.

I pulled off my pants, saw what was between my legs and screamed.

***

I backed away from the mirror, bumped into the glass door of the shower and slid down it. I couldn’t stop crying. *This has to be a nightmare!* I thought.

I heard knocking at the door and screamed again because it scared me.

“I want my Mom!”

***

“Adrianne, it’s Mom, I’m coming in.” I heard from behind the door.

The door unlocked itself, Mom poked her head inside and quickly entered the bathroom.

I looked down at myself, I was naked from the ankles up. I shakily reached up to my Mom. She grabbed a towel, covered me up, took my hand and sat next to me. She flinched when I went to hug her, which made me hesitate.

“Mom?”

I got a good look at her and she seemed different, more… professional is the only way I could describe it.

*What the hell is going on?!*

***

First Chapter | Next Chapter

I'm sorry this one is so short but this chapter is separated on purpose. Enjoy!

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Adrian's saga

I guess we're going time line hopping. I would guess dimensional hopping but it seems to be linked to his/her time sense in some way. Was the eidetic memory and the ability to take mental pictures a way to stay fixed in place and time? With that gone it would explain some of the occurrences.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Not Book 2, just my own take on a fanfiction.

Katherine Phillips's picture

Remember, this is not book 2. Book 2 is grounded in reality like the first book. This is something fun I decided to play with.

It's supposed to be a body swap between the two people in different dimensions. So while Adrian was swapped over to the cis girl Adrian's body the girl who was cis swapped into trans Adrian's body. I may edit this because I'm likely going to change girl Adrian's name to Adrianne so it's easier to distinguish between the two. In fact, I think I'll do that right now.

Book 2 continues where book 1 left off.