A prince's Duty

Printer-friendly version
A prince’s Duty

By Julia Michelle
This is just a short tale that I had in mind. It is a quick but very brutal tale of a prince that had it all but fate and powers beyond his control decided the course of his life l before he was born.

And since its a quick overview of his life from birth to fifteen to a marriage at 18 and after. I wasnt even sure what age rang to put on the tale. Theres some sex at his marriage at 18. Nothing really graphic is described. I must warn you, theres even some brief talk of suicide. As I said. its just a brief and quick tale. I may consider fully trying to write out the story later.
I am just wondering if anything thinks this tale is worth really trying to flesh everything out
The Story

Many people think the life of a royal prince is a life of ease and extravagance. That we are all born privileged with silver spoons in our mouth and we live lives of leaser and privilege. We have great power over the courses of our lives. We get sent to the best schools, and we are set to gain great power of the course of our nations. Like theEnglands princes get appointed to the ducheys of York, Cambridge, Wessex or the prince of wales. That is not always the case.

I was born the prince of Angosia which is a minor kingdom in asia bordering Georgia. We mostly a vassel to the greater kingdom to the north, Formata.

The course of my life was determined within the first six months of my conception period.The doctor mistakenly told my motherI was going to be a girl. By the time the doctor realized the mistake and that I was going to be born as a boy, it was too late. The conract had already been made with the King of Formata and I was to be married to their son. There was no backing out. My fate was sealed.

My older brother was going to inherent the crown. I was the younger brother. So a contract was made according to custom that I was to marry the Prince of Formta. Of course, a prince wants to marry a princess. That was determined to be me.

My first fifteen years were the life of a typical privileged prince. I went to the greatest schools, I got to decide a great many things in my life. I was good at sports, I dated girls that were hot. I did many things of a typical prince.

Then on my fifteenth birthday, everything changed in my life. I was told of the contact with prince Turian of Formota. And that now, I was to be raised as a princess of the Kingdom of Agosia. All of my male clothing was taken on my fifteenth birthday. I was to be trained to wear corsets and long gowns royal princess wear. I was given a pretty pinkish tiara of a royal princess to wear in public. And I was put on some pills that I didnt understand at the time. I had been on some medication since I was ten. I was to find out those were hormone blockers so problems wouldn't develop. At fifteen I went into a full hormone replacement therapy in preparation for my marriage at eighteen.

A few months after that, I was given an out clause. If I chose to refuse, I could. If I chose another high born girl of nobility to take my place in this marriage. It was my choice. If I made that choice, that girl wold be taken from her family and trained to be that mans husband. I cold not do such a cruel thing to a girl with everything to live for. In some ways, I was glad I didnt have a sister. I would hate to see her facing this. I couldn't choose another girl. My father pressed me to do this, he didnt want to see this happen to his son. I refused much to his displeasure. I didnt want to place another girl in this life. I chose to do it myself. So I continued my training and medicine.

From then on, I went to girls schools and learned the arts of the feminine lifestyle. Tutors were hired to train me in the proper lifestyle and manners of a royal princess. I was trained to walk more gracefully. I spent hours with books on my head learning the proper mincing sway instead of the typical male swagger. I was trained to eat, talk and conduct my life as a princess. Any failures were punished severely. They were very painful.

Over the years, I started learning and my body grew the female curves. I grew rather large breasts, my waist shrank and my hips grew out. It was great for my fiance. He was very pleased with my development. And we started meeting eachother to see if my etiquette training paid off. It mostly did and my fiances family was very pleased. I made a few mistakes and painfully reminded later that night with a caning from my mistress.

The accompanied dates went well, and my fiances family fully approved. So the marriage planes went forward. They planed the wedding ceremonies. My dress was chosen, the location and the people involved. And it all moved forward. I hated every moment of my life. My life had become a living hell that I often thought of ending it all.

I did have options to stop it. I could call for international aid. I could make my suffering a very public affair. The problem was my people. If I ran away, or got someone involved. It could mean war. Bombings, famin, cities burnt and destroyed. Sure, we could involved the UN. Maybe even the US if they chose to get involved to stop a humanitarian crises and bombed selected military locations in Formta. It would still mean suffering and death on a massive scale. All so I could avoid a wedding. I couldn't do that. So I chose to continue living the hell my life had become. For the sake of my people.

Every day on, was a day toward my doom. Then the date finally arrived, I was dressed in the most beautiful wedding gown and my tiera. Girls carried my wedding dress down the isle as I was escorted to my fiance on the altar. The priest read the vows, he kissed me, and I became the princess of Formta, and future queen with little power over anything. We celebrated after the wedding as I sat beside my husband saying little and eating with him.

Then he took me back to his castle to consummate the wedding. He had sex with me and I did nothing to resist the horrifying violation. I went along with it as if it was my greatest dream. I pretended orgazims. I screamed, I encouraged him as a proper life. I accepted his penetration and yelled Oh God, give me more. It would have been unthinkable. And from then on, I did all of my duties serving my husband and the future king of his nation. My life had become a complete horror that I wished to end every single day, but I couldnt for the sake of our nations. I prayed for death.

Oddly, he noticed and was disappointed. But no matter what he did for me, what he bought me or took me places to see amazing things, I was never happy. He simply couldnt understand why.

So one day, after about two years, he demanded an answer. He told me to tell him why I wasnt happy. I told him my feelings were irrelevant. I was his wife and it was my duty to please him, what I felt was irrelevant.

That made him very angry but I kept repeating that phrase. After a week of badgering, he shouted and become belligerent and demanded an answer. He said we werent going anywhere until I told him.

I got serious, and asked him if he was fucking serious, how could he not know. I asked if he was kidding me with this. He was going to be king, he had to know why I was unhappy being a male and living this life as a wife. I started screaming back telling him what happened at fifteen, and all about my life and how I was given no choices in the matter. My life was taken away. And oh my god was he pissed. I was so afraid I cringed into a ball seeing his red face and the anger he exhibited. Then he had me sent to another room. He made me my own room separate from his. I was sure something horrible was going to happen to me and my people. I heard lots of yelling, people running around. Shouts, even gunshots. Days passed

then I was called to the royal chambers where he was sitting there on the throne wearing his crown as King. His family were sitting on the floor tied up, with guards training guns on them. I looked over and saw my own family facing the same situation. They were tied on the ground with guns on them.

My husband informed me he had no idea that my life was like that. He assumed I wanted all of this, he was told I did and that it was great. When it wasnt, he didnt understand. Then he gave me a choice to have them all executed. He forced his father to abdicate and give him the crown. Or he would make it into a very messy international incident.

I confronted my family and let them have it. For once, they had no power. I considered ordering their execution. But in the end, I said no. I had all of their lands and holdings seized. All of their assets were given to me and I distributed it to the people. They were made homeless peasants and would have to learn to work for a living.

Then my husband did the last thing I ever thought he would do. He gave me the crown, and made me queen. He abdicated and named me the sole ruler. He said he assured that the royal counsel would approve of me. I saw very little of him after that. He went to travel the world and left me in charge. He said he never wanted to rule an entire nation.

I had no idea how to run a nation, But as it turns out, I was very good at it. The people of both nations adore their queen. I was even asked to give speeches at the UN regarding forced marriages and human trafficking.

Am I still angry at losing my sex and all of the suffering. You are damn right, I am still very pissed off every single day. One of my first rulings as queen was that the family of any person who did a contracted marriage was to be executed, and the victim gets all of the parents property. There are still days I consider jumping off of the highest tower of my castle. I dont, because I still have my duty as the queen.

I still see my ex husband every now and then. He checks up on me and still insist that I see the annoying therapist who asked me the most uncomfortable and humiliating questions. They say it helps me. I dont really think it does.

up
115 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well now I feel sad :(

I thought this short story was rather good. Perhaps that was a mistake :(

OMG!

I luv this! It is sad & happy combo.
I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to if you consider continuing it

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

While the story

was well written, the premise was a true horror story.

I agree with the other posts

NoraAdrienne's picture

My biggest problem with this story was NOT the story. It was the total lack of editing. I spent years as a book reviewer, posting on my blog site and covering multiple genres. I've done editing for certain authors on this site.

If you truly wish to continue writing, find someone who will correct your spelling and your use of the English language.

Nice Story

When I read a story I can be very "judgee." Just ask some of those that have experienced my editing. I recenty edited Jenny Walker's new book. It's great. You should read it. You should read a lot of GOOD stories and emulate them.

There are some things about your story that are magical. . .like the immense creativity of the plot.

Someone else remarked on the grammar and spelling. There are those that find those thing important. Others couldn't care less. It's all about the story.

As you revealed at the top this is a synopsis and not a true story. This story would run 70K to 100K when properly written.

I read it as a synopsis and enjoyed it.

Everyone has their on life experiences. Some have been horribly mistreated. They will react poorly to your story. Again, you disclosed those issues ,so they should have been warned.

Here's my question. Did you enjoy writing it? You said you thought it was good. If you enjoyed writing it and you thought it was good, not much else matters.

I've written over one hundred stories for BC. Everyone of my stories has been panned by someone -- someplace. I've written stories that have been carefully edited and put through months of disciplined writing only to have some moron tell me it was too short. Stories tend to end when the story is over.

Care about how you feel when you're done writing the story.

Stuff all that other nonsense in a bag marked "not important" and continue on being pleased with yourself.

Good luck with your writing.

By the way . . . I recently posted a story that took me months to write. I thought it was great. The number of kudos I received versus the number of hits was far below the ratio you've received. People like your synopsis.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

As to the last short paragraph-

In my long experience (73 years.); therapy never helped. Surgery did!

bev_1.jpg