Heroes For Hire Chp. 20 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Jessie was sitting on Peyton’s shoulder watching the new people work out, under Larka’s instructions. The fellow named Baloo was having a hard time with the exercise. The elf lady Riveraka was having a hard time, but she was doing better than the Bearman. The one that uses to be named Bruce was now using the name Caspin.

He had heard the name and asked the team to call him it. Charlie was watching a cartoon in the living room when he heard the name. The cartoon was about a bunch of humanoid cat people. He also noticed that Charlie was spoiled by all the members. He met Dr. Green and saw that she let her daughter help her.

The one named Parker decided to use the name Tech. She remembered it from an old cartoon she uses to watch when she was younger. She was with Dr. Green being examined. It seemed that whatever caused her to age backward was affecting her mind as well. She was finding it difficult to remember what happened to her and what she has learned from her past.

“Come on, you lazy sack of flesh. You have fifteen more laps to go. What you don’t finish today, you’ll make up tomorrow.” Larka watched as
Baloo picks the pace up.

“Larka isn’t being easy on the three of them.” Jessie had a smile on her face.

“Nope, they need to get used to their new bodies. Caspin is doing fine and Riveraka is holding her own, but Baloo needs to pick the pace up. Charlie could beat him in a foot race.”

“Hell, she can beat me in a foot race. She’s quick for someone her age.” Jessie chased after Charlie and couldn’t catch her. The only way she could catch the little mouse girl was to fly after her.

“Well, I hope she and Tech can work together. I wonder why Tech is losing her intelligence?” Peyton was curious.

“Dr. Green might know. Also, have you seen how Caspin is very protective of her?” Jessie noticed that right away.

“I did and I think there’s a bond between them. There’s no one here that can prove it, but Striker believes that there is.” Peyton had a
conversation with Striker about the two of them.

“Alright, break for lunch. You have half-n-hour to eat and relax. April has everything laid out for you.” Larka knew April would have lunch set up for the newbies.

Riveraka looks at Larka when she walks by “you’re a sadist trainer, do you know that?”

“Ah, sweet words to my ears, darling. Now, go and eat some lunch. Because if you thought this was hard, you’ll love what I plan to do to you after lunch.” An evil grin appears on Larka’s wolf face.

Riveraka just turns around and head inside the house. Caspin follows behind her. Baloo was already inside fixing a huge plate. April had to do some research to find out what all three newbies could and couldn’t eat.

Striker comes walking over to Larka “so, how soon do you think we can put them in the field?”

“Too soon to say. They still have a lot of training to get through.” Larka wouldn’t want to take them out as they are.

“Okay, well, keep training them and keep me up to date.” Striker feels Charlie jump up on his back.

A smile appears on his face, as he takes her inside to eat.

The Next few months the newbies are trained in the use of their abilities and other skills. Tech slowly loses her memories, but learns new ones more along her age. Charlie helps her adjust and show her what it is like to be a kid again.

up
124 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

story

I hate to be a picker of storys , but that left a whole lot hanging there . Hardly anything was brought to an end & I am confused and wondering

Continuation

I'll be picking it up later on down the line.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

This was awfully short

Samantha Heart's picture

Chapter & a final chapter at that. However knowing you youll have a new title involving Striker & this new group of supernatural creatures.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.