The Violinist Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

June and Larry went through their orders online from their website. They had several items that people had bought and needed to be wrapped and mailed. It takes them most of the morning to prepare all the items to be shipped. They still needed to take the packages to the UPS store.

“That’s the last of them.” June was glad she was done packing the items.

“Well, let's get them loaded in the back of the truck and head to the UPS store.” Larry grabs a few packages and heads out to his truck.

June follows behind him with some packages in her arms and places them in the back of the truck. It takes the two of them two trips to get everything loaded. June hops into the truck and waits for Larry to lock the house up. She loved playing the other violin the other day. The music coming from it was like angels singing as she moved the bow across the strings. Maybe she should take the violin to the same music store, she took the first one.

Larry gets into the truck and the two of them head towards the nearest UPS store, which happened to be near JANAF shopping center. Once they arrive at the UPS store, they unload the truck.

“Hey, do you want to grab lunch at Jersey Mike’s or Sake’s?”

Larry looks at both places next to them. Sake was a sushi restaurant and Jersey Mike’s was a sub shop.

“Jersey Mike’s would be fine.” Larry starts walking towards Jersey Mike’s.

June follows behind Larry. When she called Protemp’s earlier in the morning, they didn’t have a job for her or Larry. Tammy at Protemp’s, said she would put them down as available. They place their order and afterward, sat at a table near the window facing the parking lot.

They didn’t say much as they sat and enjoyed their lunch. Once, June was done with her sub, her cellphone beeps, letting her know a text arrived. She looks at it and noticed it was Atlantic auction letting her know, that there was going to be an auction tomorrow at Oceana storage off Strawberry Pkwy.

“Hey, the Atlantic auction is hosting an auction tomorrow. You want to go?”

“Sure, since we don’t have anything else planned. Maybe we’ll find some interesting artifacts.” Larry loved the items they normally, ended up with.

“I hope so. I also hope Otis doesn’t show up. I really hate that guy.”

“Don’t let him get under your skin, June. We both know he enjoys causing problems.” Larry knew Otis wanted to put him and June out of business.

“I’ll try. We need to stop by the bank, so I can pull some money out.”

“How much are you thinking about pulling?” Larry knew June didn’t have a lot.

“About a thousand dollars. I can spare that much.” The last time June checked her bank account balance, she had two thousand, five hundred
dollars and eighty-five cents.

“Are you sure, you want to pull that much money?” Larry stares into June’s eyes.

“Yes, Oceana storage caters to military families. So, anything in those lockers might be good.” June knew most of the area where Oceana
storage was located, was military housing.

“If you say so.” Larry was watching the people around them.

Every time he and June went out, he noticed some people giving them weird looks. People thought they were a couple. A smile appears on his face when he glances in June. According to her they were married. One woman, among two men. Both he and Mike enjoy having June sleep with them and live with them. It’s just to bad, she wanted to be a girl instead of just staying the way she was. He knew how much June wanted her own vagina.

The rest of the afternoon, June and Larry do some window shopping. They stop at Party City to see what costumes they had for sale. One of their friends loved Halloween and always threw a big Halloween party at his home in Portsmouth.

The house was one of the old Victorians that dated back to 1904. June goes through a few costumes on sale and finds a Japanese schoolgirl costume and the naughty nurse one as well. She checks the prices on them and noticed they were on sale. She picks both up, along with the
accessories she will need for them. She also picks up a nice neon blue wig to go with them.

She spots Larry picking out a dark cloak and plastic sickle. She knew Larry had a thing for Death and his minions. Mike was the opposite. Mike like Demons and Angels. They purchase their items and head back to Larry’s truck.

“So, who’s turn is it to cook dinner tonight?”

“I believe its Mike’s turn since you cooked on Sunday.”

“Does he know, or should I make dinner tonight?” June knew Mondays were normally busy for Mike.

“I think you should cook.” Larry figures June should cook, to give Mike a chance to unwind from work.

“Okay, I could do Pepper Steak tonight. We still have some steak leftover from yesterday.”

“That sounds good. Do we have everything else to go with it?’

“Yep, we have a bag of onions and several green peppers as well. I’ll make some fried rice to go with it.” June was glad she took the cooking classes the adult center offered when she attended to get her GED.

Larry takes them back home. He goes to get his laundry going and put away his purchases. June puts her purchases away and heads towards the kitchen to start cutting up the peppers and onions for pepper steak. Once she has all the vegetables cut up and set aside. She pulls the left-over steak from yesterday and starts cutting it into strips. She gets the rice cooker out and starts the rice.

June checks the pantry for the spices she was going to need to make homemade fried rice. She collects the spices and mixes them together in a bowl, to add to the rice once it was done cooking. They had some pork chops leftover, that she could add to the rice. She pulls them out and defrost and chop them up. Once that was done, June glances towards the clock in the kitchen. Mike wouldn’t be home for another three hours.
So, she could get in some practice on the other violin.

She heads towards her bedroom and pulls the other violin case out. She checks everything before she starts practicing. She loved the sound coming from the violin in her hands. The musical notes coming from it were so, mellow and soft. It was like angels were singing to her as she played. She does make a few mistakes, which ruined the spell placed on her.

She plays the parts she messed up and replays them again until she gets them right. She tries another song and practices it. June glances at the clock in her bedroom and stops practicing. She had gone over the hour she had set aside to practice by twenty minutes.

Once she was done playing. She puts the violin back the way she had the other day. She would love to know what type of violin she just got finished playing.

“Who created you?” As she runs her fingertips across the smooth surface of the violin.

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My feeling is

Samantha Heart's picture

It is a Russian made one or even Italian a stradivarius. A VERY VERY expensive violin but also a VERY GOOD one.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.