The Prophet Revised Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version


The Prophet

By Jasmine Monica

Chapter 3

Edwyn from birth to six months old and we go though his incredibly rapid development and his relationship with his sister Victoria
We get to witness the amazing feats he can do

For the most part, Edwyn could have been considered the perfect baby. He rarely cried out or gave her much trouble. He went to bed for her, and he seemed content to be put in his crib. He rarely actually slept in the manger. He usually slept snuggled into Ann's arms.

She began to notice those strange things almost immediately, and they made her concerned. Most babies cry at least time times. Edwyn didn't. Ann also noticed his rapid growth and unusual strength he possessed.

Ann was holding Edwyn close to her body nursing her baby. She felt his lips suckling the nourishing milk from her. It was one of the most content feelings when he suddenly finished. She saw his loving eyes look up and a mischievous smile. Edwyn giggled lovingly, and she felt his tiny hand reach for her wrist and pulled her shiny gold bracelet from her wrist, and he threw it on the floor. Edwyn looked up and giggled some more.

Then Ann felt Edwyn reach for her chest and grasped her delicate gold necklace and tore it from him and threw that down and giggled.

Ann shouted, “No, Edwyn, Don't.”

Edwyn knew that he had upset his mother and burst into tears, crying. Tears rolled from the baby's face at hearing his mother's disapproval. Ann held her son in closer, comforting him. “Don't take stuff like that.”

Edwyn looked up with his tearful eyes, and she almost thought he understood.

She took his hand into hers, amazed at the strength this one-week-old baby had. No one knew it, but he was going to have to be strong to withstand what they had in store for him later in life. This Edwyn would not helplessly let them destroy him.

Edwyn weighed almost as much as a two-month-old by the second week. She noticed his extra weight when she was nursing him, and then she felt something uncomfortable as he was suckling on her. Something very unwelcome. Then she cried out loud. “Ow, Ow, Edwyn what.”

Ann yanked the baby from her breast, still hurting, and then she saw what was driving into her tender nipple. Edwyn was starting to grow teeth. How was this possible at two weeks? He wasn't finished and kept trying to get to her breast. She looked down, “Edwyn, do not bite. That hurts.”

His eyes looked like they understood, and she brought his head toward her breast. He locked his lips and began suckling, and Edwyn didn't bite her anymore. Again, Ann felt icy chills run down her back. What was going on with her son?

There were few more incidents of Edwyn biting into her, but nothing very serious. Some were playful, which she handled.

Ann watched the three-week-old Edwyn sitting alone on the floor playing with some large sticks. He giggled as he beat the sticks together, making a clanking sound. He swung them at her, and Ann quickly admonished him, “Don't hit people, Edwyn. NO!”

Edwyn looked up, and tears rolled down his eyes as he sniffled. “Edwyn, I am not mad, I don't want you to hit people with sticks. DO you understand?”

Ann looked as if he did and continued swinging the sticks around and playing. Ann saw that he was entirely able to sit up and hold his back off the floor by two weeks going into three.

Ann had fun watching her son Edwyn sitting on the floor, swinging the sticks she gave him around. He was busy hitting them on a pillow she laid there for him. He looked across the room and saw the sofa looking inviting. Edwyn leaned back and pushed himself forward. Then he reached back and scooted himself forward again. Ann watched her four-week-old baby scooting across the floor to get to the sofa. It wasn't easy getting there, but Edwyn had made it scooting his butt across the floor and then began banging on the couch, giggling as happy as he could be.

Ann picked her baby up in her arms and still not getting used to the weight. She felt like she was carrying a three-month-old in her arms instead of a one-month-old. His strikes were getting very strong by this time. He never struck her again once she told him never to hit people.

Ann saw him strike the sicks together and other things. They almost looked like the strikes of a one-year-old.

Ann had to keep up with Edwyn's mobility now and struggled to keep him from areas he wasn't supposed to be in. Her maids watched him from time to time and told Ann about his unusual abilities at such a young age.

Stone stared at Ann after a night of watching Edwyn alone. She approached Ann with her eyes wide open. “I swear he can understand what I'm saying. And did you know he can reach out and hold a pair of sticks, He picked up a small child sword? I don't know about your son Ann.”

Ann looked up and shook her head, “Me either. He must be blessed.”

The next big thing happened by the seventh week. Stone was watching Edwyn again so Ann and Richard could go out for the night. She watched Edwyn scoot himself next to a small table stand next to a chair. Stone watched Edwyn reach up to the table and push his entire body up to a standing position. He let go and stood there wobbling and struggling to stay standing.

Stone watched the display of a seven-week-old child standing on his own for a very short time. He plopped back down on his butt and looked across the room at Stone. Edwyn smiled and giggled.

Stone looked in awe, “How is this possible!”

Edwyn reached out and pulled himself back up to his feet again. He stood there looking around and plopped back down. Edwyn scooted himself next to her and looked up. Stone swore that he almost saw some sort of resentment or fear looking into her face. He reached up to her knee and pulled himself up to his feet. He looked up into her face, and she swore he examined her face.

Edwyn reached up to try to touch her cheek. Stone reached down to hold Edwyn. Edwyn looked up as Stone held him close. Then Edwyn began struggling in her arms and cried out as if Edwyn was afraid of her. Stone let him down, and he rapid scooted away as if he was scared of her. Stone shook her head, wondering why Edwyn looked frightened by her.

Stone also hear that Edwyn often screamed in terror during some nights.

It was a few days later when Stone was sitting with Ann in the drawing-room watching Two-year-old Victoria playing with some of her paintings when Edwyn was next to a small table and pushed himself up to his feet again. Ann clapped in happyness, seeing her son do this.

Then he turned toward the two women sitting together on the sofa. Edwyn lurched a foot forward. Suddenly he lurched another foot in front of the last one. Edwyn was walking. Stone stared at it slack-jawed in amazement. Edwyn lurched another foot forward and fell back. He leaned forward on his hands and began crawling toward them. Edwyn pushed himself up toward his mother, and she reached down to pick the boy up. He pulled himself as tight as he could, looking over at Stone with fear in his eyes.

Then Edwyn reached his hand back and slapped at Stone. He slapped at her again. The blows didn't hurt, but Stone noticed that the strikes were stronger than any two-month-old infant should have ever been able to do.

Ann looked at her baby in anger and shouted, “Edwyn, stop hitting Stone.”

Edwyn looked into his mother's eyes with a sad look that almost seemed like betrayal. And he began crying and hiding his face into his mother's body.

Stone just had to leave. Edwyn wouldn't stop crying and trying to hit her. Ann wondered what it was about Stone that set Edwyn off so much.

She put Edwyn on the floor, and he crawled over to Victoria and tried to play with her paintbrushes.

Victoria looked down, annoyed at the tiny boy interrupting her playtime, only to see a sweet baby boy cooing at her and handing her the brushes to paint with. The boy stood up and pointed at the board for her to paint. She began painting a picture of a thorny red rose, and Edwyn clapped and giggled. He got another color for her to paint with, and she tried to paint an animal for him.

Edwyn tried to paint a picture, and it didn’t work out very well. It looked somewhat like Victoria, but the lines were uneven, and the face was distorted. He was eight weeks going on nine if a few days. Edwyn had tried very hard at it.

Ann watched Edwyn and Victoria play together for a few more hours before it was time for Victoria to take a nap. She laid down in her bed. Edwyn curled up with her and snuggled as Victoria fell asleep. Edwyn didn't sleep much, but he looked charming, and content snuggled up to his sister. His sweet face glowed with a look of bliss as he snuggled to his older sister's side. This was such love. Ann really thought she had the perfect child right now.

Edwyn worked hard at walking, and his skills progressed, and his strength increased. He was soon running around with his sister, and they were playing around as any toddlers were. For some odd reason, Victoria enjoyed putting her dresses on Edwyn, and they didn't quite fit the twelve weeks old. The fit was close enough. It was adorable.

The two toddlers were running around and playing the pillows in the nursery room, and Stone was trying to clean up the mess they left over. Edwyn had one of Victoria's dresses on, and they were having lots of fun jumping into the pillows and running around. Stones back was turned.

Ann was in another room trying to read when she suddenly heard the sound of someone tumbling down the steps hard. The thumps raddled the house. Stone and Ann went dashing toward the steps full speed. Ann was crying for Edwyn, she was desperately screaming his name because Victoria usually stayed in a shut room. She didn't try to open the door, and she stayed away from the stairs.

She ran down the steps expecting to see an unconscious infant. The boy looked up with his sweet eyes and looked confused, wondering why she was so frantic. He stood up and lifted his arms for her to pick him up.

Ann carefully inspected his head and Edwyn's body. Edwyn was unharmed. This was another thing that sent chills running down her spine. And this was only the beginning.

It was a few weeks later that the big thing happened. Edwyn was wearing one of Victoria's purple dresses, and Victoria was playing with her painting set. They each had their own painting boards. Edwyn was fourteen weeks, and Victoria was a little over two.

Edwyn was fully concentrating on what he was painting. He had an image in his head, and he was doing his best to emulate what he saw. Victoria was trying to paint a horse.

Stone and Ann were watching their children paint together, and it was so cute. Edwyn had finished. He turned to his mother waving and pointing to get her attention. Ann walked over to see what Edwyn had done. Then the hairs stood up on the back of her next as she just stared, totally stunned and afraid.

She called out, “Stone, Please, come here,” She said as her breath was short, and her words came out in frightened shuddered.

Stone walked over to see what Edwyn had done, and they just stared. The image was childlike. The lines were distorted because of a fourteen-week olds, coordination isn't the best, even if he is at a two-year-old level. It's still not the best. But the image was clear enough. It was an uneven box with a few lines through the center and two lines going up at the corners at a 90-degree angle. It was clear enough. It was the symbol of the Goddess in the ancient language.

Then Edwyn drew another, it was as distorted as the previous one. It was the symbol of love.

“What in the world,” ann said, “Are you seeing what I am seeing?”

“We all see it.” Stone asked.

“But he is a boy,” Ann said as Edwyn was pulling Victoria over to get her to see it, and he gave her a brush to try to make the same design. Edwyn didn't understand that Victoria simply couldn't comprehend it. She wanted to make it, but it didn't compute in her head, and she continued to make her horse.

The two women laughed. “She will learn soon enough.”

“We must not let my husband ever see what he did. This puts him in great danger Stone. If any of the men ever see what he is making.” Ann said seriously. “They may kill him. We must do everything we can to hide this.”

Stone said. “Men are stupid, they will just see a chicken.”

Edwyn turned and gave Stone a nasty look. Then he pouted. Stone just laughed. “I didn’t mean you, sweetie.”

He gave her a withering look and turned to make another symbol. The message was clear before, but it was made more clear now. The symbol he made was the symbol of hate.

Then Edwyn, still wearing the dress, walked toward Stone and climbed up on her lap. The little child looked right into Stones's eyes and laid his face next to her chest. He put his hands on her cheeks. Suddenly Stones's mind was flooded with horrifying visions. She was a little older, and she seemed to be beating on a stunningly beautiful teenage girl and trying to dress her as a girl. This girl did look like she was a princess.

Stone walked into a locked room, and the young woman stood up with her eyes filled with terror. Stone was holding up a pink laced corset. The young woman reacted in horror when Stone said mockingly, “Its time to get dressed, Serinina.”

The young woman cried out, “Don't call me that, I am prince Serin, not Serinina.”

Stone laughed, “I am sorry, Milady. your sister The King Patinia ordered us not to call you that. You are a woman now, and your name is Serinina. That's how we must address you, and we can also discipline you if you resist. We are to get you dressed, and that's final.

It was a struggle, but Stone was a large, powerful woman, and the girl Serinina didn't stand a chance. Stone beat the girl into submission. Stone hulled off and punched Serenina in the stomach, and Serenina doubled over as Rose tied the girls hands around her best post. Then Stone gripped Serinina's nipple and twisted it painfully. Serinina cried out, and they struggled to lace the corset up and then drapped the crying woman in a flowing white gown.

She wasn't sure if little Edwyn fully comprehended the images he saw in his mind. These images clearly wernt of any future he would live. This girl had a different name but it was still clear that this girl was a recently transformed boy. And he had a sister named Patinia. This wasnt edwyn. But Edwyn glared at Stone with intense hate.

But what was clear was that these images seem to indicate that somehow they would turn this boy into a woman some times in the future, and Stone would abuse this boy named Sarin. Stone looked at the child and said, “I would never do anything like that to you or any boy.”

Her words were not in the least convincing to Edwyn. The look of distrust and fury continued.

Stone figured from then on that she needed to stay away from this family. She couldn't watch Edwyn anymore. Her presence seemed to traumatize Edwyn, and she saw that Edwynn hated her with a passion.

She didn't explain to Ann why she simply didn't feel comfortable there anymore, Stone simply said she couldn't help her watch the children. Ann found another woman to help her watch her children.

Occasionally, Lady Celestia was happy to help. Luckily it was perfect for them all. Ann really wanted Celestia's opinion on what was going on, so the older woman was delighted to come over and observe Ann's young son.

Edwyn was happy wearing his sister's yellow dress this time. Unluckily Victoria had to go out this way. He really wanted to wear her dresses and cried when he couldn't. He was standing in front of a board wearing her yellow dress.

“Lady Celestia, I really don't know what to think about any of this. You wouldn't believe this child is a little under twenty weeks old. Almost four months, he's walking and running and climbing. He's been walking for little under six weeks. And that's just the start of it. Edwyn also pains. This is what I need you to see.”

Edwyn knew what Ann expected him to do. He consecrated on the symbol in his head and used all of the motor skills he had to make this symbol right this time. It frustrated him that he didn't. Edwyn did his best to paint the two symbols he loved the most and looked at the two older women for their approval.

Ann knew it already and looked in appreciation. Celestia was stunned as she looked at it.

“You know what you are seeing. Remember, this is a nineteen-week old boy that painted the symbol of the Goddess in the ancient language, and the symbol of love. You are the leader of the Hekatin order of witches that worship the Goddess. You teach young girls this. What do you make of this coming from a nineteen-week old boy.”

“I have no clue,” Celestia said. “This is amazing. This is actually world-shattering. Your son must have an intense connection with the Goddess. I bet he sees her in his dreams. This must mean something, but what it means exactly will have to wait until he's older. One thing is obvious, we must do our best to keep this a secret.”

“I know,” Ann said gravely. “I wish he didn't have to attend lessons with the boys at the temple of Mars. That will put him in great danger. I wish there were a way to keep him in that yellow dress and send him to school with his sister.”

“You know that is not possible. Richard would never allow that,” Celestia said. “But if his connection to the Goddess is as deep as we suspect, then the lessons at the boy's school won't have much of an effect. At least we can hope so. This is momentous, Ann. Praise the Goddess.”

Ann agreed, but she feared for her son more than ever.

Victoria and Edwyn seemed almost inseparable at times. Victoria really seemed to enjoy putting Edwyn in her dresses, and Edwyn didn't seem to mind in the least. They ran around and played together all the time they could. Ann loved it, but she knew that a time would come soon when Victoria had to begin her formal education, and it would crush Edwyn that he would be unable to play with his sister.

The momentous events in Edwyn's life never ceased. The next one came in about another few months. Edwyn painted more and more and seemed to refine his skills that he had passed Victoria within four months

He still seemed to be the typical boy and climbed everything he could. He was wearing Victoria's blue gown and climbing on one of the bookcases. Ann turned her back, and Edwyn seemed to fall back, and he tumbled out of the window and fell down a three-story tower. Edwyn crashed into the hard rocks below. Ann screamed as loud as she could and went flying down two flights of steps. Guards were there looking at Edwyn when she approached. Edwyn was totally unharmed, and he didn’t understand why anyone was upset. He giggled and was plying with the guards. He stood up and walked toward his mother smiling and giggling like any toddler.

It seemed that not only had he a close connection with the Goddess. Edwyn seemed immune to harm. She picked her miracle child up in her arms and took him back after swearing the guards to secrecy.

They had to tell Richard his father, the King. Richard brushed it off that he must be the child of mars.

Edwyn had grown into a beautiful child by six months old. He and his sister kept playing and running around like giggling toddlers. He looked so natural and pretty wearing her dress that he even took to wearing bows in her hair as Victoria did. The two were roughly the same size even if Edwyn had outpaced Victorias learning by six months, and her physical skills in painting and writing. Edwyn was as pretty as any of the girls she saw. He entered into Victorias groups as one of the girls seamlessly.

The next event was the biggest of them all. Edwyn learned to stop flying out of windows for the time being. He began trying looking for books by six months. He mostly looked for the pictures. She got him a few children's picture books, but he hated them.

He went into his mother's bedroom to look at her old books. She tried to stop him, but he was fast, and he knew enough not to damage her old books. Ann watched him take down her old books, confident that he couldn't comprehend the images or the words. Ann was wrong.

He flipped through the pages looking for images he liked. He stopped at one and looked over toward Ann. To her stunned silence, he pointed to the image of the Goddess and said a word. “Mommy.”

Ann picked her son up and held him close. He has spoken his first word by six months old. “I am your mommy.” Anne smiled.

Edwyn pointed to the picture again and said firmly, “my Mommy.”

“I am your mommy, Edwyn. That is not your mommy.”

He pointed to the image of the Goddess. “Mommy.”

It would explain a great many things if that were true. But how was it possible.

Authors note, I wish I could find a different title, this title probably turns many people who who may actually be interested in it

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It is an idea

Perhaps... I dunno... it sounds so cliche but like 'a twist of fate'?

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

what do you mean

im confused

was to your auhors note hun

'Authors note', "I wish I could find a different title, this title probably turns many people who who may actually be interested in it"

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Different child

Jamie Lee's picture

Stone didn't understand what she was shown by Edwyn, at least why she was seeing something that had yet to pass. Without more insights, she won't know that it has happened or why Edwyn has the ability to show her anything.

Falling three stories without getting hurt, or killed, should have been a sign to Ann that someone is looking out for Edwyn or that he has powers she has yet to see. Powers which will frighten her when she learns of them.

True, the title of a story can attract readers if it fits the story. But it's the content that holds their attention to the end of the story. And so far the title reflects the story line.

Others have feelings too.