Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 336

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Hauling A Pike.
by: >^^< the baddest cat in Dorset!
part: 28 dozen

"So how are things with Simon?"

"Fine," was all I said.

"So why don't I believe you?" He said very quietly.

"I don't know, maybe you don't understand English."

"Ha ha. I don't believe you."

"That's your problem, now are we going to order or discuss my relationship?"

"We could do both."

"I came her to eat, not dissect my personal life." I was in no mood to have him know about the troubles we were having.

"Your hostility tends to indicate that you're having some problems with Lord Cameron."

"I'll have a tuna jacket, what are you having?"

"So what is it? Is he drinking again or is it other women?"

"What part of 'NO' do you not understand? I do not want to talk about this, okay? Topic over!"

"Okay, received loud and clear. I'll have a chicken Korma jacket."

A waitress arrived and we ordered. As she took our order I became aware of the music on the tape machine playing in the background, it was Abba, Take a chance on me. I felt my eyes moisten up and a moment later a tear escaped, which Des noticed.

"Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bully you." He was most apologetic.

"You didn't, I'm just being silly." I blew my nose on a tissue and tried to change my mood. Another Abba song came on the tape. It almost felt as if the universe was tormenting or mocking me. As if Simon was there, daring me to spill the beans to his rival.

"Hey come on, there must be something happening if you're crying."

"It's my hormones, that's all." I sniffed and blushed.

"I thought you took the same amount all the time."

"What does it matter what I take?"

"It doesn't, but I always thought that PMS or whatever they call it these days was caused by differing levels of hormones."

"If I told you that I get almost cycles of moods, would you believe me?"

"Dunno, I'd need evidence."

"Can't you take my word for it?"

"On one level yes, on another no because it could be an illusion you are creating to fool yourself."

"I'm not delusory!" I snapped.

"Okay, I apologise, maybe you do get hormonal cycles with horse pee."

"Do you mind I'm about to eat?"

"Okay, maybe we could talk about the cycling world championships?"

"Fine, talk."

"Is Chris Hoy going to get a medal?"

"Yes, but whether he will for the sprint is another matter. Pendleton should get a couple if not three and Wiggins in front of a home crowd, could do anything."

"So you don't think Hoy could beat the Flying Dutchman?"

"Theo Boss? I don't know. On his day, Chris Hoy is as good as anyone. It would be a suitable reward for him, though and very popular."

"And Pendleton?"

"Always a good bet and she's in form."

"So I hear. She reminds me of you."

I nearly choked on my tuna! "What?"

"Yeah, a bright and attractive young woman who likes to win."

"She's dark and I'm fair, to start with!"

"Maybe you're more ruthless than she is."

"What! How can I be ruthless?"

"Quite easily. You cut my heart to shreds with ease."

"What are you on about?"

"By choosing his lordship over poor old plebeian me. I was mortified."

"What a load of dormouse poo! I fell in love with Simon before I ever met you."

"I believe you fell in love with the idea of being with Simon until you met me, pure unadulterated passion in person."

"Conceited, Rambunctious, Adulterous Person," I offered as mnemonic.

"Ouch, pull those claws in will you."

"I'll leave them out just in case any other passing alley cat fancies their chances."

"You cut me to the quick."

"Yeah, and that's without trying, so be warned."

"What have I done to deserve such treatment?"

"You know perfectly well, now how about a change of subject? Do you think it will rain tonight?"

"If it does, we could always share an umbrella."

"You just don't give up do you?"

"What did I say now? I'm only talking about the bloody weather like you told me to."

I shook my head, how was I going to cope with him for the duration of the filming of this documentary?

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Resisting Des well

But I wonder the same thing. "how was I going to cope with him for the duration of the filming of this documentary?"

Also, interesting that Des asked, "Is he drinking again or is it other women?" Guess Des knows him well. We're seeing drinking AND another woman. How is Cathy going to get him off the alcohol? Stock advice is always don't marry someone assuming you can change them. Simon's drinking is worrying me too. Don't need Cathy visiting two Cameron's in the hospital or worse yet, Simon ending up hurting someone while driving drunk.

As usual, we just have to hope that Angharad and Bonzi continue the partnership to deliver our nightly fix.

Cycles on HRT????

If HRT is the same dose everyday, why is she experiencing *cycles* in her emotions? Is it part of other natural processes in the body or is there something unusual here? Or is it just her imagination?

She had the SRS and is fairly fully recovered from it, but if a person was partially intersexed and the surgeon didn’t know, would they spot it during such a surgery? Something is funny here, unless HRT is deliberately cycled for some particular health reason. It almost sounds like she has one or more ovaries that are functioning to some degree.

I’m probably off the deep end here but even as a boy she was feminine in many physical aspects.

Whatever the case, a nice chapter. Des – you know that DES is a acronym for a once very popular synthetic estrogen? – is his charming lecherous self and Simon and Cathy’s relationship is still on a razors edge

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Circumstances can impose *cycles*

Most of us are not under a uniform amount of stress, day in and day out. Stress can have a MAJOR influence on the mood a person (male or female), and I think it's safe to say that Cathy bouncing around stress wise (all over the chart).

Hmmm. Maybe she needs a visit from her youngest fan! Caffy... (Maybe John needs said visit...)

Annette

Hormones

John,

My endo put me on Spiranolactone, Provera and Premarin. The Premarin I only take days 1-25 of the month, to mimic a natural hormonal cycle.

For some of the people who were at the local GD clinic that made a huge difference to their emotional state being on or off the Premarin. For me it makes little difference most of the time. Some weeks depending on external factors it can make a noticeable difference, usually when I'm stressed.

So John I don't see anything too surprising with what is happening to Cathy. However I think she is just blaming the hormones as an excuse for not wanting to be talking about her relationship with Simon to Des. Not any of Des's bloody business anyway, the over-sexed one-eyed trouser snake, should not be trying to take advantage of the situation.

Arwen

Methinks the girl dost deny to much

I read the episode twice. Yes, Des IS on a fishing trip. Despite his reputation, and Cathy's interpretation of his comments, he comes across as a caring individual in this episode. Yes, there banter and inuendo is there, but it didn't "feel" like like he was solely out to get to Cathy. It really sounded like he was trying every way he could find to provide a "friend" with a way to open up.

Sadly, his "reputation" and some of his previous actions lets us doubt his motives. Yes, he could be using an elaborate line.

Thank you for this episode. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next few shape up.

Annette

Not Adultery

Whatever else cheating amongst the unmarried or not-yet married is, it's not adultery, which by definition requires at least one of the parties to be married to someone other than the party to whom they're making love.

And speaking of getting married... It's a pretty good idea to get your "shopping around" done before, rather than after the vows. Cathy should definitely get her freak on with Des, if she's interested, rather than always wonder about it after she's married.

moods n stuff

kristina l s's picture

I have no problem with seeing mood swings, they happen regardless of dosage. Biorhythms, stress, emotions, whatever, though maybe Cathy does resort to tears too often, when vengeaful arrow wielder mode might be more appropriate. Is Simon an alcoholic? Not to me, but he certainly goes over the top too often and I would not be surprised to find the next episode involves a DUI. Commitment issues perhaps as it seems Des is not surprised at all... Speaking of which I still think Des is ok and just plays the sleaze because he thinks he should. If push came to it, I really doubt he'd take advantage, but if he thought Cathy was finished with Simon, well that's a whole other game.

Kristina

336--Coping with Des

Take two umbrellas...

Jessica
I don't just look it, I really AM that bad...

Simon

Is going down a hard path. With Stella gone, some important checks and balances have been removed. I really miss Stella.

Pregnant mare's pee

Ang, you're cheating 800 word chapters.
Dev is now acting like Dev

Cefin