Labor Day Weekend at the Beach 11 – Homecoming

Printer-friendly version


Labor Day Weekend at the Beach
11 – Homecoming


By Jessica C


Making good on a bet, Nick discovered Nicole...
Nicole is now attracted to guys as well.
=^_^=


We were able to use a design program for making the panther legs in proportion to the size of the life-size panther. From there I was able to transpose that onto some wood. Mr. Givafuss gave me a hard time at first but then pointed out the wood I should use. Peter helping me allowed us to cut out and sanded the legs in a short time. We used two class periods in school and another forty minutes after school was over.

Though Peter is smaller than Warren, I knew Peter served Warren notice that he needed to ‘treat me well or else.’ Talia and Teri confirmed the rumors, ‘that Brenda still was upset with me.’

We had finished working on the float the same time football practice was over. Brenda was in the last car at the barn. I was sent back to turn off a light that was still on. Locking up the barn, her car rode off without me.

Warren chided me for not coming with the rest of the girls until he heard what had happened. Fortunately, Haylie came back to give me a ride. I was the one who confronted Brenda when we finally got there. But I had to hold Haylie back from getting in a physical fight with Brenda. I knew who would be disciplined if she or I did.

When I pulled Haylie away, I heard Brenda say, “Haylie, you know you’re already tainted. All my Dad needs to do is fire your dad, better yet transfer him and you won’t even be graduating from here.”

With that, I gave Haylie a big push and then turned and slapped Brenda. Her boyfriend Zach and Warren were immediately pulling us apart. I stated Brenda’s threat of Haylie’s Dad’s job. I hoped doing so would make it impossible for Brenda’s dad to fire or transfer Haylie’s father.

Warren gave me a big hug and kiss; knowing that I was worried. He said, “Brenda is always making threats, we don’t listen much unless it really happens. …I know my father’s company has tried to hire Mr. Burris away from them before. He’s too valuable to them; they don’t want to try and replace him.”

I wanted Warren to drive me home, but it was his sister instead. “Warren didn’t shower, you don’t want to be in the car with those guys.” ‘Well, yes I did.’

Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty ordinary with the exception of working on the homecoming float. I worked on it without Brenda on Tuesday and Brenda helped to finish it up on Wednesday and to be in the pictures for the local paper.

Early Wednesday evening, I went with Terri and Talia to the mall and then to another shopping center. It was getting colder and was forecasted to be in the forties at the start of the homecoming game on Friday. We found a deep gray cable knit tights and a mid-length miller plaid skirt. It had a matching sash to go over my white sweater.

While it was not a kilt which was way more expensive; it was good Scottish wool in the miller tartan plaid. I sent a picture to my mom and she quickly text back, “You know that Grandma Miller will be awfully proud of you. It may cause Marcia to finally breakdown and buy one or at least ask for one for Christmas.”

Talia had me home for dinner. Mom and Marcia both required that I model my new skirt and tights. Like mom thought, Marcia joked that I was forcing her to get the family plaid as well.

I had a three-page report to finish writing. While it wasn’t due until Friday, but I wanted it out of the way so I could enjoy the festivities without worry. I was about finished when I had the delightful intrusion of my sister.

“Nicole, I’m enjoying your change as Nicole, but I heard via the grapevine, that you’re getting some flack. I wanted to know how you are really doing?”

“Do you mean with Brenda Green or is it something I haven’t heard about?” I paused.

She said, “I guess Brenda’s the problem, but also good changes like doing better in your studies. You used to always put things off.”

I smiled, “The good change is I don’t find myself distracted. I would get distracted with girl thoughts. You wouldn’t believe how all the makeup, clothes and accessories commercials would bother me.

“Where Brenda’s concern, I feel guilty ‘cause I didn’t say things when it happened to others. Now I turn it back on her when I can and try to walk away when I can’t.”

“What I could use is your help to get a new look for Friday. But, if that’s okay give me fifteen minutes to finish my paper.”

Marcia showed me a look that would do well under the football lights. She’d give me a panther paw on my cheek on Friday morning. I know this is not very special except if you haven’t been able to do it before.

=^_^=


The day was spent with Teri and Julia and others in our grade. My only teasing was that I had to wiggle my charms and got a prize like Warren. It did seem surreal to go from liking girls to someone hot like him.

Thursday after school, I went to the salon for my hair and to have a manicure and pedicure. Connie was now becoming my beautician and it was nice having her ask about Warren and girl things. She has a younger sister that I know. She even showed me a picture of her newest boyfriend. She knows Marcia but has to work as well as go to college.

Marcia has a campus job, fifteen hours a week max. Connie works full-time and school is part-time. It made me wonder how my Mom made ends meet. It worried me that she might be one getting stressed out or not afford what she was spending on me.

My hair and nails turned out great, though I feel guilty having the pedicure as well.

Mom picked me up at the salon and gave Connie a nice tip. I apologized to Mom for costing so much and promised to help out more starting Saturday. I said tonight, but mom encouraged me to hold off until Saturday. It was so I wouldn’t hurt my nails nor my hair.

=^_^=


I was up a bit earlier on Friday, I had a nice outfit for school and my skirt and sweater for the game and after. The finishing touch this morning was Marcia helping me with my panther paw. We had our homecoming parade into town as well as the announcing of homecoming king and queen. Zach as king was no surprise, but Brenda not being queen was poetic justice as far as I felt. I felt a tinge guilty but not enough to hurt me.

I had put an extra panther paw on Warren’s locker and cheered extra loud when he was announced. I was sure not everyone heard my growl, but it did turn a few heads my way.

After lunch, I was called to the office and was questioned if I ran a smear campaign against Brenda, defeating her as queen. They knew of our argument but had no evidence I had done anything.

I said, “So why are you calling me to the office. If anything, maybe it was students are just tired of Brenda. It sucks more than a little than you question the TG student!”

They asked me, “Dot to be so sensitive, you should understand our need to check things out.”

“You didn’t even smell and smoke like I lit a fire, but your questions are accusatory. I smell smoke and it comes from a spoiled brat being upset. Well, it must feel lousy but she’s got herself to blame not me! If you’re done can I leave, before I get upset.”

The only surprise I had, not counting the accusation, was Grandma Miller wanting to see me dressed for homecoming. “Wow, Darling! You make a fine lass. Too bad you don’t have Lana’s strawberry blonde hair. Your Great-Grands must be singin’ in heaven seein’ ya like this.”

It was unusual, Grandma’s brogue was so strong unless the was extremely happy or had been celebrating more. It felt great as a granddaughter receiving her hug.

Julia and Haylie were going to the game with their dates. Warren’s friend Jonathan picked me up to take me to the game. Teri and Talia both had their dates as well. Ever true as best friends, Teri and I still looked to say hi and visit.

Jon was nice to understand my time with others. It was more interesting than I thought to be with Jonathan. I learned things about War(ren). I had heard his nickname ‘War’ before but learned it was because of his surprising strength. But Warren was growing more uncomfortable with its use, as he was more comfortable with his more caring nature.

With Jonathan being taller it was easier for Warren to find where I was beginning the second half. He was having a good game with two catches and a few good blocks.

Late the third quarter with one of our defensive players hurt; Warren started to play defense as well. Being a close game, our rival tried to pick on Warren hoping he was a bad defender. Warren, however, knew their routes and was able to undercut a receiver and pick off a pass for a touchdown.

Come the dance, Brenda was doubly offended that my date was getting part of Zach’s glory. The best I did was to ignore her.

Come the end of the dance Warren was still wired from the game and we were doing well. We went up to look-out point and what we did or didn’t was between us. We did a lot of fondling and kissing and we steamed up the windows.

=^_^=


The thing I was happiest most about, the prior rumor that he would dump me after homecoming was untrue. Warren invited me, to go to see his older sister Renae. She’s six years older that has a three-year-old daughter and a baby boy. Brian her husband went to another room to watch football.

Renae made a comment I didn’t hear, but I soon gather it has taken him a while to adjust to Warren. Warren’s seeing me, a transgender girl, will take longer for Brian to get adjusted to. She said, “In time, he’ll see you don’t have a third boob or designs on him. Then he’ll relax and be one of your stronger allies. One thing is for Mia and little Liam to take a liking to you.”

She handed Liam for me to cradle him in my arms. I do have a niece that I’ve held before. I think that gives me an advantage of already being comfortable with babies. Mia is over smiling up at me, “He likes you. I like anyone who Uncle Warren likes.”

Renae talks to Warren, about his last game, but even more about his grades. She asks, “Did you know Warren is in the honor society and the A honor roll?”

“Only that he missed a meeting last week. He seems shy and doesn’t talk about himself. I am taken with a tough football player, who is also very smart. He helped me last week with some math problems I had. I liked instead of just giving me the answers he helped me to solve the problems.”

I started to say, “He says, you’re quite intelligent too but…” I stopped because Warren was disappointed she left college to get married.

She said, “I know, he and Mom thought I was going to be the first college graduate. Little brother looked up to me more than I realized… Like you, I’m very happy with how he’s turning out. That he found you has made me extra happy for him.”

‘Wow.’ That surprised me, I thought others would be disappointed he found someone like me.

“You looked surprised, but ’ttle bro is strong and we’re proud of his standing up for himself. He has as much right to be happy as anyone else. I hope you see yourself the same.”

Renae went to fix dinner and I soon went to help her. Morgan had been put down for a nap. Warren and Mia went to watch the football game with Brian.

Renae was fixing hamburgers, making homemade onion rings, I helped by making macaroni and cheese as well as a salad. She said she never knew whether dinner and half-time would allow sit-down meal or not.

I missed having my dad around. This caused me to wonder how my dad might accept me or have trouble doing so.

We were there in a second football game. I was comfortable just relaxing next to Warren. I know football, but I’m not into it as much as the guys. Even Renae seemed into the game more than me. But then again, she’s a Packer fan and they were playing in the second game.

I felt good that we had been there and that I met his sister and got a better perspective on Warren. Today when he brought me home I talked him in to coming in and staying for more than a minute. It felt good having him comfortable with me at my home.

We had some music in the background and the TV on. But we lost track of that as we kissed. My ears were set like radar, for anyone approaching the family room where we were.

My blouse was loose at the waist and the warmth of his hands felt good as we snuggled. My hands found their way into his shirt, I found myself taken with his lean and strong physique. He’s also sensitive to be being touched. I focused on him enjoying soft slow touches down his back. He’d kiss me and moan as I moved my fingers gently down his back. When asked, he assured me he did not want me to stop.

Warren was the one to bring up Brenda, saying, “I know it has to hurt with how she acts. It has been good that you stand up to her. She often gets away with things. She might not be a friend, but she’s not as vocal since she did not get elected as the queen. If needed I will step in and take the flack. Most of us in the senior class have gotten use to her. One of the good things about graduating is she’ll be history for most of us. I’m not sure if Zach would be okay with it if she follows him to the same college.”

It was good to talk but it took me out of the mood for being affectionate with him.

It was good to be back among my friends most of the time. The following two weeks went well with the exception of one loss in the next two games. They now had the first-round game of their play-offs. I was rooting for them, but wouldn’t be heartbroken with a loss. Each win made football a week longer and the opponent that much tougher.

Visits to my doctors, Dr. Denise Bradley and Dr. Hanna Miles, my psychiatrist. Dr. Bradley was a check-up with blood being drawn to check my hormone levels among other things. My blood was drawn the prior week so she had the results when she saw me. There was a small increase in my female hormone level and my testosterone was noticeably low. She said, “Your testosterone level will be negligible come the holidays if we stay this course. You would continue to have your male parts but will be only good for you standing up to pee.”

“Ewe, gross. I haven’t been doing that.”

She asked my mother, “Did you know she’s acting like a girl all the time when she’s gone to the bathroom?”

Mom said, “I hadn’t seen the mess Nick usually made even on the day she was Nick.”

Dr. Denise then said, “You’re now calling your child a girl and Nick like he’s the second of the two.”

Mom replied, “She/he is one person, but yes, I believe she sees herself as Nicole. She’ll see Dr. Miles again tomorrow but she’s also been seeing her regularly. I am not sure, but I think she sees Nicole being her normal self as a healthy progression for Nicole. It might be fast for you and how you see her in relation to her hormones, but” giving me a one-arm hug, “I am glad by how well she is handling the change. I don’t think she is changing to anyone else’s schedule other than her own.” I squeezed my mom’s hand in appreciation of her words in speaking up with me.

On the way home, Mom said, “With tomorrow’s appointment being with Dr. Hanna; let’s plan to go out to a nice place and have a nice dinner. Then we won’t need to worry about rushing back to prepare dinner or getting something.”

I asked, “Does that mean I get a chance to dress up for a change?” I was happy with that idea.

Mom asks, “Are you planning on going to the game Friday?”

“Yes. Despite the expectation for colder temperatures, wind, and a drizzling rain. For Warren’s sake, I’ll root for them to win at least the first playoff game. It’s different being there for someone else. I don’t want Warren hurt, but he wants to keep playing. I’m glad neither Dad or you forced me to play when I decided not to play again… I wouldn’t mind playing softball except I’m afraid I’m not good enough to make even the junior varsity team.”

=^_^=


“Teri wants me to consider going out for the forensic team after the holiday. She says some of the team practice in club competition year-round? What chance do I have in bringing something to the team?”

Mom says, “That would depend. I could see you being someone bold and with another perspective. But then again, maybe that would be hard on you.”

“I see what you’re saying, and I don’t know if I want to step out like that,” I reply.

=^_^=


Our team won the first-round game, but Harrison, the number one rated team of the Division Three Schools, was our next opponent. Everyone was proud of their win, but few liked our chances in the coming game.

I knew Warren was both excited and concerned. He joke, “It will be a tie game until someone scores.” Again we’ll be the away team, playing at their field, before their home crowd. I mentioned once about my concern that he could get hurt. And Warren told me that was the last time he wanted me to say anything like that.

Having two tests and a paper due probably helped me not to worry too much about the football game. Several of us girlfriends went to watch their practice on three consecutive cold days. Brenda was there, but she was in her Daddy’s warm car. It was actually a good idea, but because it was her idea, I didn’t like it.

Friday morning we had a cheer assembly to see the team off. Teri, Sadie, and Layla would all ride with my Mom and me to the game. The four of us sat up in the rickety stands for the opponents in front of the cheerleaders to cheer along with them. It was a girl thing that Nick never did. The worst part was the restrooms we all the way over and under the home stands of Harrison supporters. Their fans were nice at half-time as they were leading 10-7.

Harrison was leading 17-7 in the third quarter when Zach threw a long pass some twenty yards to Warren, he was able to keep his balance having been hit and ran another eighteen yards to score a touchdown.

It was in the fourth quarter with Harrison leading 20-14 with time running out. The Panthers had the ball on Harrison’s twenty-two-yard line. Zach’s pass to Warren for a touchdown was high but Warren was able to jump and catch it. But he was hit hard by two defenders before he hit the ground. I winced when I saw him landing on a shoulder. Everyone else was concerned if he held onto the football. An official was right there and he quickly raised two arms up for a touchdown. And then he signaled a player was hurt and needed help. I tried to run onto the field to be with him, but Tiffany caught me and one of the coaches helped her.

The Panthers scored the extra point to win the game 21 to Harrison’s 20. It would be Warren’s last game as he had a broken collar bone and two cracked ribs.

The funny thing was for the next three weeks if we were alone I had to help him go to the toilet and get his clothes back on properly. There would be at least two times I added extra excitement to his life…

To be continued…

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A good yet naughty girl

Samantha Heart's picture

Especially at the end of the story.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Not too smitten is she?

Jamie Lee's picture

Does Warren have Nicole wrapped around his little finger, or she has him around her little finger? Or, could it really be that each never thought they'd find someone who'd want to be with them?

Nicole had reason to believe she'd be rejected by the boys, but has gone goo goo eyed over Warren. As he has for her.

Could it be because of Warren that Nicole is trying things Nick wouldn't or be interested in? Or because Nicole has finally been allowed to be seen?

That Nicole had to be held back when Warren got hurt shows her deep concern for Warren. And her finally getting a hand on something she's wanted from Warren.

Others have feelings too.

Smitten she is...

...Yes and yes about Nicole and Warren. Neither thought they would find someone like they did, who likes them as they are. Yet they're apprehensive not quite knowing themselves in this area. Warren's injury allowed her to be there for him. Between Warren, Teri and her feelings she is growing more excited and assured being Nicole.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors