The Prophet Revised Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version


The prophet

By Jasmine Monica

Sarin had an encounter with Actonia and Edwyn progresses and finally learns why he is here

Chapter 9

Sarin simply could not believe how little time passed before Actonia became desperate. It wasn't more than six short months before she came begging.

It wasn't only that. Sarin came back to Vakia's place after a rough day teaching to relax to find Actonia standing in the Dining room with his mother, Aanya. He groaned out loud, having a feeling what this was all about, and it better not b.

Sarin glared and said in a dark voice, “This better not be what I think it's going to be. If it is, you better turn around and leave right now, Actonia. And especially you, Aanya. You better leave for your own safety. I will really be mad if you are here to try to get me to help restore Actonia. After not having raised a voice in my favor all of that time. Never spoke out for me, but you will for her? If that's the case, I will be very angry. This is your chance, turn, and walk out now!”

The room was getting notably chilly. Aanya spoke, “Actonia is a member of the Hekatin. You severed her power, and that was a horrific violation. You have no idea what that is like for a witch and a girl. You took away so much of what made her herself. You stole everything, her identity as a witch, her abilities she worked on all of her life, her strength. What is she supposed to do now? Please, restore her?”Aanya pleaded.

The room got very chilly. Frost covered everything, and then a layer of ice formed over the windows and the surfaces of the Dining room.

“You don't think I understand what losing everything is like? Did you not see me lose my manhood, my strength, everything that made me serin and become a boy princess for your prophecy? You don't consider that losing everything, my very identity? And you never once rose your voice in my defense, and you were never going to restore me? And you want me to restore Actonia?”

“Yes, she is suffering so much. You have no clue.” Aanya stupidly kept saying.

“I understand perfectly. Actonia did the exact same thing to me. Actonia did you misunderstand what I said you will never feel the power of the goddess again. I meant every word. I will never restore you. Do you not understand those words? Are they difficult for you?”

“Please, Sarin, Please, I am helpless.” Actonia pleaded.

“I was just as helpless. I was raped because of what you all did. I was unable to fight, stop men from attacking me. I know exactly what it was like. And you did it to me. And just like you did it to me, I'm returning the favor. This is your life, get used to it. I won't restore you. Now just leave.”

Aanya said, “We aren't leaving until you restore Actonia. She needs her abilities!” Aanya stated.

“No, she doesn't. She's not even human. Actonias a monster that only looks human. But she is a hideous sadistic monster.”

Sarin looked cruelly at his mother. He said with a smirk. “When I restored Jerric, I felt it within him, and I gave Actonias abilities and her spark to him. He will be a mighty witch. I am about ready to begin training him.” Sarin smirked sadistically. “Imagin you watching your brother get your life, your power, and your abilities and live that life, while you are left with nothing but to stand on the sidelines and watch as he gets your dream.”

Sarin laughed sadistically. “That's so sweet.”

“But, I will consider restoring your power Actonia if you can do something for me.” Sarin inquired.

“Please, anything.”

“Restore me as I was meant to be. The Sarin you remember. And then restore my birthright as King Danae. Just like my father. If you can do that, then I will restore you.”

Actonia screamed. “No, You know I cant.”

“You took it away. If you could return it, then we would have a deal. But you can't, so I can't. Now get lost!” Sarin said coldly. The room was now below zero.

“I told you we won't leave,” Aanya said harshly.

“I warned you.” Sarin said even more coldly as he glared at his mother. His power began flowing through his body as he approached with a cruel glare in his eyes. His mother withered back in fear as he approached. Then he locked his mind with hers with an evil smirk. She wanted to cry out ,but found she no longer had any control of her body.

Sarin felt everything. He saw her bright and powerful spark within her mind. It would be easy to destroy. He saw her entire life. Then he felt her motor functions, all of her brain functions. He could shut everything down right now. He could render Aanya unable to walk or talk anymore if he wanted to. And he seriously felt like it.

He heard Vakia cry out in fear, “Sarin, NO, Stop it right now. Break off with Aanya.”

Sarin broke off his contact and looked at Vakia. “Why?”

“Because you are losing control. Let me do it.” Vakia smiled evilly, and she approached Aanya with a cruel glare. She locked her mind with Aanyas and found the spark she had. Aanya furiously worked to smother it. Aanya cried out in pain as she felt her spark and her connection smothered into almost nothing. Vakia wasn't quite as powerful as Sarin and couldn't utterly destroy it, or take it as Sarin did. But she would be extremely diminished for the time being.

Vakia broke her connection off, and Aanya collapsed.

Actonia said under her breath. “You two are the monsters.”

Vakia replied. “No, we hunt the monsters and punish them. What you all did was wrong. You destroyed a nice boy's entire life. You misused your gifts and are no longer worthy of them. Now get the hell out of my house before I kick both of your asses.”

The two ran out.
xx

Sarin had learned a lot during the intervening years since his fateful encounter with Celestia and Actonia.

He had learned a lot and developed a close relationship with many of the girls he had taught. Sarin was now thirteen years old and had been promoted to the main teacher of a classroom with the intermediate students. May saw his incredible talent and agreed that he should be promoted to the main teacher of that classroom. She continued to teach the five to seven-year-olds. Sarin taught the eight to twelve-year-olds. His old girls were sad to see him leave, but they would be in that class with him soon enough. He was just as effective at enduring himself to those girls as he was with the five-year-olds. They loved his attentive and soft teaching style that he adapted for each of his girls he taught.

But he still hated it. He hated this culture and hated what he had to teach these girls. He hated the position they found themselves in, and he hated what the boys were taught even worse stuff. The boys were taught a lot of junk that would eventually doom them when the time came, and it was coming faster than ever. It was the same junk he was taught that led him by the nose into a total disaster on his life. What he was taught made him totally ill-suited to become the King. He now understood that. But it was what he was taught from age five. There was nothing he could have done about it. The culture and his parents let him be educated in the war god's ways, so when the great prophecies began fulfilling themselves, he was no longer suited to become the King, and measures had to be taken to destroy him. It wasn't fair in the least. Sarin was so enraged and felt so royally screwed by society, by the gods and by fate itself. Why had this been allowed to happen when the result was so foretold. And why had he been given a family that was so callous about what they had to do to him? He had such an ambitious and cruel sister. She was fated to be King, but did she have to be so cruel to him? Could his mother and sister get him out of that culture before the coronation and explain to him what was up, so he knew what had to be done
No, they led him by the nose right into the corset, and the beatings. Sarin still felt so much anger at it all.

Sarin's power had grown since then, and he never had another incident since his encounter with Celestia.

He met Actonia a few more times, and she had become so depressed. Sarin felt no pity for her. She had lost everything, just like he had lost everything. His only response was, “It sucks having your entire life stolen from you, doesn't it? But I thought girls were stronger, cant you handle it?”

Sarin fought hard to reforge a life after what they did to him, and he was mostly successful. Sarin made himself into a great teacher and an even better witch. His strength never returned. He never got the imposing size and strength he once had. But he felt stronger than he ever was before. Even the most powerful witches deffer to him. And the girls he teachers love him.

He was standing in front of a large sheet of parchment after having written several symbols on them. He was teaching language skills this afternoon.

Some of the new girls were confused and asked, “What is that? I thought we were learning our language.

Sarin smiled. “This is, its another language that many of you girls should know. These are the symbols of our goddess Prognita.”

There were a few of the girls that knew him from the advanced hekatin class. But most didn't and blinked in confusion. One of the girls said, “But you are a boy?”

The other girls giggled at such a silly response until Sarin narrowed his eyes. “Now Now, she doesn't know I teach those classes too. She doesn't even attend those classes, so how is she supposed to know we have a boy witch and at a teacher in the Hekatin. But I think every girl should be a member. Every girl can do it if they are encouraged to.” Sarin smiled warmly. “So let's begin. This is the symbol for enlightenment. And this is the symbol for wisdom. And this is the symbol for love. And this glorious symbol.”

Sarin made another large symbol in the center of the paper. “Is the symbol for Prognita herself. She is our goddess. I want you to each write those symbols down and learn them.”

Sarin waited for a few seconds and then continued, “Now let's
get into our own language we use every day. We will learn some more advanced words and how to spell them. Let's begin with the word Gratitude and knowledge. Notice how they are spelled.”

xxxxxxx

Edwyn was now almost nine years old. Four Five years had passed since he started the training program for the girls. He had been going to the boy's school all this time, and he made incredibly rapid progress there. Edwyn at nine was training and learning with the sixteen and seventeen-year-olds. He really didn't need to go there at all. His education surpassed even the highest level teachers, and there was no one in the entire nation who could even compete with him on a physical level.

Edwyn's progress as a male witch also as rapid. He took the official Heketanian trials at eight years old when most witches wouldn't even think of it until well into their teen years to adulthood. Victoria was very envious, and she wanted to try it, but she was nowhere near ready. It's actually dangerous to try it when they aren't prepared. Edyn assured her that she would be prepared before any of her classmates. At the pace Victoria was progressing, Edwyn guessed she would be ready by Eleven to twelve. Victoria has accepted that there was something about her brother that made him special.

Edwyn was very strong, Not that anyone could see that by looking at him. Edwyn, at almost nine, looked more like a thirteen to fourteen-year-old boy. Edwyn appeared to most people as an underdeveloped girl with thin narrow shoulders and a slim waist. His skin appeared very delicate, and his facial features made him look very feminine. His eyes looked rather large for a boy's, and his cheeks and jaw were shortened and made his face look like a girl's. He didn't know why he was fated to look the way he did, and it bothered him. It didn't bother him that much. He was more concerned with why he was so superior and smarter than anyone. He wanted to know

He was the strongest witch in the Hekatin that even Celestia herself admitted she stood no chance against him, and if he wanted control over them, Edwyn only had to ask, and there was no question everyone would support him. Edwyn wouldn't even consider it.

Edwyn still attended the girl's school regularly with his sister. When he was seven years old, Lady Fawna informed him that he was attending classes with the thirteen-year-olds to Sixteen. He looked mature enough that he was required to wear a corset like the other girls. He protested and hated that thing, but he had to agree, or not go. Danala and Victoria would lace it up, and his sister looked like she enjoyed that too much. Edwyn endured it to go to classes with the girls, even if he was no longer in the class with his sister. She was with the ten-year-olds.

Edwyn was headed home from the boy's temple this day, and he walked his way home. He was trusted to make his own way now. His parents knew he would make it, and there was no question. Most boys knew his speed and his strength. But there were always those few boys who seem to want to cause a problem. Piet had to learn it the hard way more than once, but the lesson was painfully made. He stayed away from Edwyn.

Edwyn had just started back to the palace when a group of four boys confronted him. Edwyn tried to ignore them and continue on his way. They really meant nothing, and as Sam tried to call him names. Sam was irrelevant to him, and he went on his way.

Edwyn was going to ignore them until Sam’s two friends, Ampar and Buff got in his way as he entered a narrow street.

Sam blocked his retreat. Edwyn was just going to push his way past them and move on, but it seemed the boys really wanted to fight him.

“I can't even believe you are a boy,” Buff sneered. “How can you even call yourself a boy looking like that?” Edwyn regretted putting the pink lace in his hair now.

Edwyn shrugged. “I am a boy, but does it really matter if I am a boy or a girl?”

Sam laughed, “The sissy doesn't even care if he is a boy or not, and I heard he lets his sister put him in her corsets, and her gowns when she takes him out.” They all laughed

Sam approached with his fists tightened and demanded, “Why do you let her do that to you?” He demanded. “Don’t you know that makes you weak like a girl. You must be strong like a warrior. Like a man.”

Edwyn mentioned, “Girls can be strong too. There are many girl fighters, and some girls are stronger than boys. I bet my sister is stronger than any of you.”

They all laughed. “Your sister is a girl. She is weak Erlina. You sissy, how can you be so stupid to think any girl is stronger than a boy.”

Edwyn suddenly got pissed. “Do you want to know what it's like to be a girl,” Edwyn demanded with his face reddening.

Sam laughed, “How can you do that, you Sissy?”

Before any of the boys could react, Edwyn was suddenly in Sams's face with a furious look in his eyes. Edwyn wrapped his hand around Sams's forearm and began painfully squeezing. Sam cried out in pain as they heard the bones in his forearm crack. Sam screamed and when Buff tried to approach Edwyn from behind. Buff was knocked back into the wall and collapsed in a heap. Edwyn kept squeezing Sams's forearm, and he screamed in pain. Another bone in Sams's forearm cracked.

“You are weaker than any girl I know, Sam. I bet most girls could handle this pain, and they wouldn't be screaming like you are. But this is what it is like to be a girl. You live knowing that most boys are physically stronger than you are. And you can do nothing against them if they want to cause you problems. You are helpless against them, just like you are now helpless against me. I can do anything I want, and you can do nothing to stop me. This is what many girls feel like every day. Yet, they bravely go out, they hold their head high and go about their day facing this world. They don't cry like you are. I bet you couldn't even handle wearing a corset, Sam. You really are a wimp.”

Edwyn picked Sam up in the air and dropped him hard on the pavement. All of the boys ran, and Edwyn went back to the palace, frustrated.

Edwyn's sister had returned about an hour before he came running through the door. He ran to his sister and told her about his fight. The fights troubled her, but victoria laughed when he told her about what he said about girls and Sam in a corset. She had to agree, and her admiration grew more for her brother.

Victoria turned from being frustrated by her brother to admiring him. She more admired him. Victoria continued to feel the frustration that no matter what she accomplished, he always did much more. Edwyn became the leader in anything he took part in. Edwyn never pushed her to the sidelines, no matter what. He did his best to make her a central part of what ever they were doing. But this day, he seemed more frustrated than usual and wanted her to go out with him.

Edwyn really felt like going out today and took her hand, “Victoria, I need to go out to our spot, and I would love to take you with me. Can you go?”

Victoria nodded, “Sure, I would love to. Are you going to put a dress on to go out or not?”

“Yes, indeed, I was going to as soon as I was ready. I want to wear this pink one.”

He began disrobing when Victoria held out a corset and said, “You need to wear one of these too.”

Edwyn frowned but figured he may as well and allowed her to tightly lace the corsets sides, and Victoria draped the dress over him and fastened its back.

Then they headed out when Ann shouted, “Where are you two going?”

“I need to go to our spot. I will be back tonight. I will make sure Sis is okay, so don't worry.”

Ann knew she never had to worry when Edwyn was with her.

The two children rushed out the door, and Edwyn picked Victoria up in his arms, having trouble bending enough to take her. “I want to get there fast,” Edwyn said with a twinkle in his cute eyes.

Then Edwyn blasted out at blinding speed. Edwyn could run faster than any horse could run. He just about flew his feet were going to fast. The speed threatened to rip his dress, but they made it to his spot in under an hour. It was hundreds of miles away into the desert.

They stood in the middle of a hot arid desert part of the Isles. This spot was just outside of the ancient temple city that had been long abandoned for thousands of years. Edwyn built a small cottage for them to play in and stash some of their stuff. Edwyn had built a pit to make a fire in. Edwyn had stashed many of his books in that cottage he built by hand.

Edwyn shook his head. “I think you know why I wanted to come out here today. The reason is the same thing that bothers you. Why am I like this? Why am I am stronger than any of the adults? I bested my dad at sword fighting countless times, he doesn’t even try anymore to fight with me anymore. I defeated the best sword fighters in the entire isles, and I don’t even put any effort into it anymore. I realized I was faster and stronger than many of the older boys at the temple when I was four. They considered training me for the 16s competition this year. I refused because it wasn’t even fair to include me. I could have beat them all at six. It's no contest now. What's the point? I turned them down.”

Edwyn looked more frustrated than ever. “My witch studies are the same. You saw it, and I saw how I made you mad passing the Hekatanian trials at the beginning of this year. I didn't even do the four ways trials first. Lady Celestia even offered me her position as the leader. It's going to be your position. And that’s not even the most of it. My education is the same. I am one of the smartest people in the entire isles. I know things no one else can even imagine. I know the ancient language, and I know some other languages. You saw these symbols I play with. Mom doesn’t know. I don’t know. I can put some things together. They have a power to them, and
if I use them, they impart their power to me.”

He took a rod of some sort of unknown iron. He made a symbol on himself, and the symbol glowed. “I figure this one is for strength. This other one is for speed, there are others that have their own. Where do they come from?”

Victoria was lost. “My abilities as a witch only scratch the surface of my full potential. I feel a massive power within me. It's so massive, I feel if I unleash it, that it could break the world. I have no idea what any of this is. Why am I like this?”

Now Victoria felt bad for ever being so envious of him. It was hard not to be, but this power made him feel so lost.”

His questions were about to be answered. Both children heard an awesome roar blast across the sky. The very air around them trembled uncontrollably. Victoria held her ears as the explosion came closer. Edwyn looked up and saw something descending toward them. It looked like a massive ball of brilliant fire falling at them. He pulled Victoria out of the way and sheltered her from the blast when it came crashing down near them. There was an enormous, massive woman that plowed into the ground and created a gigantic crater in the ground. The crater was burning white-hot.

This was unlike any woman he had ever seen. The woman was nearly twenty feet tall. Her proportions were right for a woman. She had large hips, narrow frame, and breasts, but that was in proportion to the rest of her stunning body. Her skin shimmered in the sunlight, and it seemed to emit its own heavenly glow. Her skin's texture was more like crystal that looked impregnable. Her eyes glowed white. Her entire body had an etherial heavenly hew to it. She turned toward Endyn and spoke. Nothing came out of her mouth. Both children heard it in their minds when the woman spoke.

“My name is Gabriel.” The woman said to them. “I had hoped I could talk to Edwyn alone, but since he insists on including you in this, then you will be part of it. So welcome Victoria, and I am glad you are so supportive of your brother. I greatly feared that you would become a hated rival of your brothers that he would simply have to succeed over your failure. I am glad that hasn't happened.”

Victoria spoke, “I support my brother in everything, Gabriel.”

“I know you all have many questions. I will provide all of your answers. As you know, Edwyn's mother is the Goddess Prognita. And I have given Edwyn my power and ability. The powers of the Goddess are only the beginning of his abilities. Edwyn is limitless and part of the ethereals. You must not ever compare what you can do to his. There s no reason to Victoria. Edwyn is immortal.”

“So what you are saying is my brother is a god?” Victoria said, almost laughing.

“Yes, in your way of thinking, yes,” Gabriel said.

She said acidly, “Wish someone told me earlier. Then I wouldn’t have even tried to keep up with Edwyn.”

“There’s your envy again. Edwyn has helped you grow past anyone else your age.” Gabriel pointed out. “He tirelessly works to make sure you are the best you can be. You have exceeded everyone’s expectations. We are all so proud of you, Victoria. He has given you what you need to succeed.”

Victoria saw their point. But Edwyn also said, “I wish someone told me that too. So, do you want to tell us why you have given me this power, and what my purpose is?”

“With your arrival Edwyn. There are also a great number of people across this world with my bloodline. They are no where near as powerful as you. But they are more powerful than anyone else. You are to guide them and defend the world from evil forces. That’s for your future. For the time being, you must learn to utilize your power, and focus it. I have given you the material in the cottage nearby. You and Victoria must study. And Yes, I have given Victoria the same power, and she will also have to study. This will take years, You are only nine and Victoria is ten.”

Then Gabriel also spoke of another urgent matter. “You have another objective. Edwyn is linked to the memories and experiences of another boy. The Boy is Seren. He was brutally abused by his family and many other people. Your memories are linked to the boy, and you know what happened to him. He needs help controlling his rage. He is doing well, but he is facing a threat that he can not fight alone. He has released Lilith, and his sister Patenia has allied with her. Their power is going, and you will have to face them soon. That's why it's important you must grow as strong as you can be. You must also help Serin”

xxxxxxxxx

Antonia's brother had ridden out to Sarin's family's Manor early in the morning. He was told that Sarin really wanted to see him and offer him some help.

He made it early in the afternoon after Sarin's daily classes had ended, and he entered into the girl's conservatory. They ended up standing at the end of the chapel.

Now Sarin wondered how he was going to break it to Jerric that he was a witch. This was more difficult than he thought it would be.

Perhaps telling Jerric bluntly was the best path. “Jerric I don't know how to tell you this. I turned you into a girl in another life. Somehow you weren't reborn as a boy in this life. You were born as a girl and grew up as a very conflicted girl, that was really a boy. I inflicted that on you, and I was wrong. I have apologized and offered you any assistance you need. That's why I am here.”

“Thank you. I blame my sister for it all. I don't blame you. You did what you did out of anger at the way she used you. And in doing so, I found that she cares little for me. But what did you want me here for?”

Sarin grinned. “This is the most wonderful thing. I hope you can appreciate the irony. But in living as a girl, you have adopted most of the girl's skills.”

Jerric snorted. “Speak for yourself, Sarin. You can hardly be considered male at all. Your feminine skills are so refined and delicate. Not that it's bad, but where are you going with this?”

“I was not talking about our physical mannerisms and etiquette. I meant something more,” Sarin said though his teeth.

“I meant witchcraft. Your sister was a very powerful witch who did horrible things with it. I took it away. When I transformed you, I felt you had the power within you too. And in turning you back, I had taken your sister's skills and imparted them all to you. You are going to be a very powerful Seer and a potent witch. Twice as powerful as she ever was. Do you see the irony here? Your sister is female and has lost her power, while her brother is going to be much stronger than her. And this is actonia who was all about thinking girls were stronger and better. Now has to look up at her brother for protection, and watch him become a fearsome witch if he wants to. So the question is, do you want to?”

“Me,” Jerric said. “A witch, a member of the Hekatin? Will they accept a boy like me?”

“You bet your ass,” A female voice said from behind them. The two boys turned to see Vakia approaching from behind. “We accepted Serin with no problem. He's a teacher here. He will teach you if you want to.”

Jerric thought for a second and then shrugged. “Since I have the abilities, I may as well. So what do I have to do first?”

“Lets first learn a few phrases, and then I will lead you through the ritual of feminine force.”

Jerric shouted, “THE WHAT!!!!

Sarin laughed. “Yeah, I know, but that's part of it. And you have it since you were female. Much of it lingers within you.

“Okay.

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

“THE WHAT!!!!

WillowD's picture

Giggling now.

Yes

A giggle fit

Slow learners

Jamie Lee's picture

Sam and the other boys are at the boys' school with Edwyn. They've seen what he can do at that school, how he out classes anyone there. And yet Sam and his friends took on Edwyn in that alley. And paid they price.for their stupidity.

That they're stupid isn't in question. The question has to do with Sam knowing about Erline and the corset Edwyn has to wear. Who told Sam? All were sworn to secrecy about Edwyn. So who was the blabber mouth? Who doesn't like Edwyn or believe he should be at the girls' school? Antonia, Celestia? Or his mother?

Edwyn asked Victoria questions she couldn't answer, but received the answers anyway. What Victoria couldn't provide Gabriel did, and more.

While he is charged with saving and protecting in his world, his most important task is to blunt the rage Serin still has burning within him. A rage that has control of his rational thinking. A rage that threatens not just the witches but everyone at that time. Unless Serin's rage is tempered with wisdom, he'll be the cause of wars whose aim is his destruction. They will fail, of course, unless those who gave him the power step in and stop him.

Others have feelings too.