Princess in a New World Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version


Princess in a new world

by jasmine Monica
Princess Serinina leaves her home for ever to make a new life in a new land that she does not know
Chapter 1

Princess Serinina had been very unhappy for over a year now. Patinea, Serinina's older sister noticed that it wasn't a little matter. Serinina had been suck in a massive depression for the better part of a year now. The wars were long over, and she should be happy by now.

Her advisers, like Actonia, assured her that Serinina would be happy once things were settled. But nothing turned out the way it should. Patinia failed in her wars. Serinina did everything to undermine her, including giving her enemies the plans of her attacks and when they were taking place. Serinina betrayed the kingdom and enjoyed watching her sisters defeat. Her army was routed and returned in battered. Serinina smiled as her sister was enraged. Serenina didn't care. Everything had gone so wrong since she was transformed against her will.

The first thing that went wrong was that she was captured and abused. She was already pregnant, and Serinina freaked out about that. Then there was the mistaken advice to try to find her a husband, but that went so wrong. Serenina ended the pregnancy herself and ran off. She should have known that a transformed man could never handle any of this.

And all of this was six months ago. The Goddess tried to help her. Serenina was promised power equal to what Patinia stole from her on that horrific day, and she turned it down flat. Nothing could please Serenina. She was promised to be restored as a man, but after everything that happened, Serenina had no male pride left and knew she would find life as a restored male hard.

They all prayed for Serenina. There wasn't much left here for her. Everything reminded her of the pain and suffering of a life that was stolen from her more than a year ago.

Serinina was sleeping this night. She slept day and night, nothing really appealed to her. The moons golden rays filled the room, and it was a great sight for everyone else. But she hated it most of it.

Her sister told her of some of the dreams she had from the Goddess and showed her great things when she was young. Her dreams showed her as a powerful warrior and as the King. They also showed her Serinina happy with a child. . Serinina's dreams were more disturbing.

Serinina was dressed in some sort of sharp blue suit. She wore dark blue pants and some kind of overcoat and a matching tie. Serinina wore rolls of colorful ribbons pinned on her right breast and some shiny stars on her shoulder as she marched toward a doorway that led underground. Serinina spoke sharply to the guards holding some sort of weapon. “I have received orders directly from the chiefs.” Serinina handed the guards a piece of paper. They read it and let her in. Serenina marched past them with her people and went down a long flight of steps. It leads to a cubicle room. She pushed some lightened buttons, and the room closed and began going down deep into the ground.

The metal doors parted, and Serenina marched in with intent and purpose. Serinina met another man facing her with some same sort of suit. The man said, “What are our orders, General Denae?”

“We have orders to launch on targets in Europe. Here they are?”

Serinina handed the man some papers and the man read it. His face twisted in alarm. But they were orders. “We have to authenticate these.” Said the man as he went into his private office with his officers. They pulled out some keys and opened a metal box on the wall, and took out some cards. They broke them and pulled out some paper. Then they began reading the codes. “Zulu, Tango, Alpha, Foxtrot, Charlie Zulu, Delta, Sierra, foxtrot, Tango, Bravo, Bravo, Hotel Kilo, Charlie, Alpha.”

His officers read the code and then replied, “The Message is authentic.”

The other man agreed. Then he got on the microphone. “Everyone,” The officer shouted. “Set Condition for strategic missile launch. Target Package 1sq5a. Eastern and northern European capitals and military installations. This is not a drill. Spin up missiles one through fifty. Be ready to launch in five minutes. The release of nuclear weapons has been ordered.”

His officer repeated the orders, and the men went through their duties.

Serinina went to the launching room, where she activated her power to control everyone. She said her spells in the language of the Goddess. The woman glowed as the men did their duties now controlled by Serinina.

They relayed orders to each other. Each man took out his key and inserted them into each of the panel's keyholes. They relayed orders to eachother, and each turned their keys simultaneously. The panels lit up and were ready for orders. Each controller pushed their buttons to activate the missiles and insert their targets and the times for detonation and the routs they were to take to their target. Then they activated each silo and prepared the minutemen rockets.

Then they waited for orders. Serinina issued them, “Launch each missile.”

So the men launched each missile. They pushed one, and relayed, “Missle one launched.”
“Missile two launched.”
“Missile three launched.”

Until there were no more. Serenina heard the roar from deep within the control room. The whole place rattled with the roar of the rocket's boosters ignited and sent them high into the air.

Far away, in the Cheyenne mountain where the strategic forces were controlled. The Chiefs and the generals were shocked when alarms sounded throughout the entire complex. They looked up at the enlarged screen, keeping track of the nation's strategic forces. They started showing active silos and their trajectories. There were missile launches all over the nation. The chairmen of the joint chiefs shouted, “Who authorized this!”

“No one did.” The secretary of defense replied. “This is not authorized, Did any of you order a launch.”

They all replied no. “Then what is happening?” He shouted in panic.

But no one had a clue what had happened. They stared at the screen in horror as the entire nation's strategic missiles were launched from New Mexico to Montana. There were missiles everywhere.

The farmers from Montana nearby looked up in horror as the rockets were fired over their heads and sped off into the sky. They were watching the end of the world. Within minutes, they got their response from the other side of the globe. The Chairman said in horror, “The Russians and Chinese have responded with their arsenal. They will impact our cities within thirty minutes.

The warheads descended on New York within thirty minutes as they watched a brilliant flash of light thousands of feet above New York City form into an enormous white-hot fireball that rose twenty thousand feet into the air. It was a ten megaton thermal nuclear blast that wiped the entire city out. More fell on every major city on the east coast to the central united states.

Serinina woke up in a panic. Her breathing was rapid as she looked around. These dreams made no sense to her. Who wore uniforms like that? Serenina went from being the greatest warrior in the entire kingdom able to defeat anyone to nothing but a powerless pretty princess with no voice, as her elder sister took over everything. Ever since that tragic day of horror, Serenina had been filled with hatred and sadness.

Her life had been filled with so much sorrow for so long she didn't know how to go on. There was one final thing she could do to escape this world. It would become the one single greatest feat of magic that had been ever executed by a mortal person. It would take every bit of her training and power to perform, but it was worth it.

Then her foresight alerted her to intruders to her place. She had found and occupied a cottage way out far into the thick woods where no one would ever bother her. She doubted anyone could have found her except for those like her. And those people knew not to bother her. At least she thought they knew better.

Serenina found her combat blade that was specially forged for her by the greatest family of assassins that ever existed in the great isles. It was forged by the best bladesmiths after they trained her, and she mastered the art of the blade. That was when the matriarch of the family adopted her as her daughter and personally trained her. She realized that women can fight after that, and she had mastered the art of fighting.

Her foresight warned her. Serenina knew who was coming now. It was her sister, her guards, her mother and the witch actonia. They were coming to plead for her help once more.

There was a knock on her door. At least her sister, the monarch, and King of the land had the courtesy to knock first. Patinia was learning.

Serenina opened the door and warned, with her knife ready, “Only you and the witches, any more come in, and I will kill them where they stand!”

Patinia knew it was no idle boast. Serenina had killed her guard and a portion of her army in battle before, only with her knife. She turned and waved the guards to remain outside, and Patinia, Actonia, and her mother came through the door.

“Get this over with, bore me with your feeble pleading and get the hell out of my place,” Serenina said, very bored.

“Please,” Patinia pleaded. “We need your help. I am planing one final push to retake the final fortress, defeat the purgatorists, and restore the Goddess. We need your help. We know it will fail without you.”

“Of course it will,” Serenina agreed. “I made them as powerful as they are. I trained them, ai helped them fortify their positions. I showed them your plan of attack. They know everything you do. You will never defeat them, Patinia. All thanks to me.”

“But,” Patinia pleaded, “I can't believe you would turn on us like that. You studied, and you know what the costs are. How could you do this!”

“It was easy,” Serenina looked into her sister's eyes. “Your cruelty and malice drove me to turn on you. You hated me first. I enjoyed fighting on their side and routing your entire army. You didn't want me fighting with you, so I fought against you.”

“I am so ashamed of you,” Aanya said to her. “You turn on your own people like this.”

“You took her side,” Serenina pointed to Patinia. “You didn't support me at all. You turned me down and lied to me every chance you got Mother, so don't be so ashamed. I know how you felt about your son Serin. You hated me. YOU get no more say in my life. You destroyed me, so I am returning the favor. You will never see your Goddess restored. Actonia, this is all your doing. You, the hekatin, and you witches malice and cruelty caused me to do this to you. And I am proud. Do you see your Goddess being restored, Actonia?”

“No,” Actonia finally admitted. “Not without you. I know you are angry, but you know we are fighting for a better world.”

“Yes, I know how cruel the priests have been. But I don't care. You were equally as cruel to me.” Serinina pointed out. “You stole my life, my name, and my sex. You were so harsh in trying to force me into a life of powerlessness. You could have worked with me as the King, and I would have gladly helped you. You could have turned me and still helped me instead of your cruelty. But you didn't. This is the result of everything you did. It makes me so happy,” Serenina said with a smile. “I have succeeded. And actonia,”

“Yes,” the girl replied.

“You know what is coming,” Serenina said darkly. “I see it, and I know you see it. Patinias reign is about to end. There's no stopping it. Had you allowed me to rule and strengthen our forces, we could have repelled them. Your kingdom is plagued by repeated defeats. Disastrous campaigns. There is no stopping them now. You see them crashing onto our shores, Patinia no longer has the forces to stop them. They will overrun the entire Kingdom and crush what she has left. You will never restore the Goddess. They will reinstitute the rule of man. Many of you will be killed and enslaved. You know it, don't you, Actonia.:

Actonia looked up sharply. “Yes, but you also see it?”

“Yes, indeed. It gives me so much pleasure.” Replied Serenina.”

Patinia was desperate, “Whose coming, what do they want?”

“Some people in many boats. I don’t know who they are. But they are ruthless. They are cruel men lead by a warlord.” Actonia replied.

“They are the Saxons.” Serenina. “There's no stopping the invasion. They will wipe you all out and establish their kingdom over yours. Except for you, Patinia. You will face a fate far worse than the one that terrified you. Marriage to Runteck and being his wife, and a mother will seem like a dream. You will be made into a prostitute and a slave girl. Just a breeder, nothing more. And all of the witches will be burnt. A new religion is coming.”

Aanya then asked, “And what will happen to you?” She asked arrogantly.

“I will be leaving.”

Serinina sang a few lines very loudly. Then she danced in a figure-eight pattern, and a brilliant portal opened. It was a ring of blue fire circling around a portal of darkness. None of them had ever seen power like this before.

Serenina said, “All I know is that this will take me to some distant future where I don't have to see your faces anymore. You made my life into a horror. Nothing can undo what you did to me. So, Bye. I am gone.”

Serenina walked through the portal and vanished. The portal collapsed in a massive blastwave that shot out and knocked the women across the room and blew the door off. It nearly caused the entire structure to collapse.

Xxxxx

Everything flashed, and then Serinina found herself standing on the hard paved ground next to some enormous tall buildings. Serinina looked up at the massive structures beside her and wondered briefly if they were defensive fortifications since they were so massive and imposing. But they didn't appear to be defensive towers. The enormous structures looked like they were made of darkened glass.

Serinina was surrounded by thousands of people walking all around her. These people looked very different than she was. She was still wearing her corset and her elaborate royal gown. Serenina was even wearing her humiliating princess tiara that her sister condescendingly gave her during his coronation. The people were walking all around. Serenina saw that there was a solid paved pathway beside her. She watched these strange looking metal things with windows speeding along that path beside her. Those things seemed to have people inside of them.

Something else caught Serenina's attention as she stood there, trying to make some sense of things. Serenina was a woman, of course, that was nothing new. She had been a woman for years at this point. The issue was that she no longer felt conflicted or abused by being a woman. Serinina walked down the pavement that everyone else was using with her. The people keep looking at her in a very strange way. Serinina understood why. She looked very different than the rest of these people. Serinina was draped with a heavy flowing royal gown and a corset while the rest of the people seemed to be dressed much more casual. They wore pants and some sort of loose-fitting top. Some of the women seemed to wear something more formal, but nothing like she had on. She was attracting attention. None of the women wore a corset, it seemed. The women wore another form of undergarment, holding their bust in place. Some of the women openly displayed the thin straps holding It in place over their shoulders.

But there was one extremely fact about this new reality that Serinina sent herself to that sent chills down her spine. It made her tremble in fear. She wondered how she could even function in this world. That fact was that she was utterly unable to comprehend a word anyone was saying. Serenina approached people, but she could not understand what they said. And the people she approached were unable to comprehend what she was saying. These people were speaking a totally different language. Some words seemed vaguely similar to what she knew, but there weren't many. And even those words seemed to be spoken so differently that she wondered what it was.
An official-looking man wearing a uniform with some insignia on his chest approached her, nearly shouting some order at her. This man seemed to have some sort of weapon strapped to his belt

The man shouted at Serenina, but she was unable to understand what the man was saying. Serinina tried to respond, but she received an equally confused look on the man's face. The language had changed in whatever time this was.

Another official appeared at Serinina's side, and they led her inside one of those metal things. They sped away at an impossible speed. They were speeding faster than the fastest horses could ever go.

Serinina was taken in front of a large imposing building. The officials that detained her led her into the building. She saw that were many uniformed men, and also women there doing the same duty. The officials tried to question Serinina, but it got nowhere. Sarinina couldn’t understand what they were saying, and they couldn't understand her. It was incomprehensible to her.

The officials spoke among themselves as she watched.

One of the men seemed to understand some of her words, and he told the others. “This girl speaks a much older form of our language. This dialect hasn't been spoken since the middle ages. Let me try to talk to her.”

The man approached Sarinina and sat down. He did his best to appear very friendly. He said in a rough attempt to speak her language. “Hello. My name is Officer Matthews of the London PD. May I ask what your name is.”

It wasn't perfect by any means. Some of his words were so badly mispronounced, but it was close enough that she could understand it. What was Serinina going to say? Was she could to say that she was a princess of a kingdom that no longer existed? Tell this officer that she was sent into the future? Serinina just told him her name, “My name is Serinina.”

“Why are you speaking that language,” Officer Matthews inquired.

Well, now she may have to reveal some uncomfortable facts that may reveal where or when she was front. Serinina replied, “This is the language we speak. We speak this where I am front. What is London?”

“London is this city. Where do you come from?” Officer Matthews asked.

“I came from Denaerk. It was so different.”

He thought Denaerk was all from ancient myths. But as the officer looked at this refined young girl wearing some sort of royal gown and a corset, and that crown. Mathews seemed to think it was serious. Perhaps something strange was going on here. He asked the girl, “How old are you?”

“I am Fifteen?” Serinina replied innocently.

Matthews didn't want to see what would happen to this teenager in the child welfare system when she hardly even able to speak their language. If what Serinina told him was true, and he suspected it was true. Serinina lived in a culture over a thousand years ago. How she got here was irrelevant. Matthews felt responsible for Serinina now and took her hand. “I will help you in this new world. Let me sign out, and we can go to my place. You can see my son. He is a great boy. I will help you get caught up, and I will find someone to teach you our language.”

Matthews filed some paperwork with his attorney to get the process started to become Sarrinina's guardian, and they went back to his place.

Then Matthews asked, “I notice that blade you have hidden inside of your belt. No one will hurt you.”

“It is a special blade that was given to me by a family I trained with,” Serinina replied. “It is a precious heirloom.

They sat at the kitchen table, and Matthews explained, “This is what we would call a dining room. There is also a kitchen and a stove. I think I understand where you are from Serinina. Denaerk existed over a thousand years ago. I can guess you are from there. So can you tell me about yourself? I will understand anything.” Matthews said.

Serinina looked at him and understood that this man would believe her. There was something strange about him. Serinina then said, “My name is Princess Serinina. My life and my crown were stolen by my cruel elder sister, and I was the heir. She tried to force me into a life where I was abused and ignored.”

Comprehension dawned on Matthews as his eyes widened. He nearly shouted, “Oh my god, this can't be true. I thought that was legend too. So you are the boy princess Sereinina who had his crown stolen by his elder sister, and was turned into a girl.”

All of the blood drained from Serininas face. A tear rolled down her cheek. “How can you know about that? I wanted to escape that.”

“You have escaped,” Matthews replied. “But I am a shoulder and read many of the texts from our ancient kingdoms, and much of it is thought to be myths. It seems that some of those stories are true. Let me show you.”

Matthews went to one of his bookshelves and took an old book out and laid it on the table. The book seemed to be written in the language she spoke. Matthews said, “This is a book from roughly about fifty years after the Saxons landed. It is written in old English and explains some of what happened to your family.”

The title was humiliating enough. It was titled, “The tale of the boy princess and her adventures as Serinina.”

Her face turned purple. She read through the first page, and it said, “By Patinia.” She tightened her fist as she learned what her sister wrote about her roughly fifty years after she left. Much of it was true, and Patinia was being honest in this book. Patinia also seemed to have some sorrow over what she did. She admits that she was very cruel. But Serinina didn't need her life's story reread to her. So she skipped to the end where she saw to her amazement. There were a few pages written in an even older language.

This ancient text was written in the language of the Goddess Prognita. No one knew what this meant, but the publishers making modern versions were under instructions to include this incomprehensible part in the end. This seemed to be in Patinia's own handwriting. It had been copied down through the ages, but it looked clear enough.

“I hope you will read this sometime in the future, my brother. As you know, I don't know this language, and I have had extensive help from the Professor to help me write this. I want you to know that I am sorry. Prince Serin. I have forbidden your name out of cruelty. I will use it one last time in hopes you will someday read this. I apologize for everything. I was wrong. What was supposed to be a great liberation turned into a nightmare for you. You were right to deny us our liberation after what I did. We could have worked together. The Saxons came months after you left. We had nothing left to fight them with. They Saxons overran everything. They took us as slaves. I, the King of the land, was reduced to a sex slave. He didn't even want me as a wife. I was made into a prostitute as you said he would. This must make you very happy.”

serinina smiled.

“I have no idea how many men have had laying with me. I have delivered dozens of children and had them all taken from me. I guess it serves me right after what I did. I should have loved and guided my new sister. But I was cruel. Power and a spiteful vengeance filled my heart after a lifetime of having no voice or control over my life. Suddenly getting it all and seeing you placed as a princess that I lived. I enjoyed it too much, but it filled you with righteous anger that you were right to unleash. Now, none of that matters. Our kingdom is in ruins, our people are slaughtered and enslaved. Our palace was burnt. Bucket was forced into a marriage, actonia was burnt. Celestia was burnt, the rule of men was reestablished.”

“To my beloved brother, I am very sorry for this, Serin.” Serinina's eyes misted up.

What Sarinina kept studying about what happened after she left. The Goddess was never restored in her time. It seemed that not long after she left, the nation was subjected to various invasions from the Jutes, Saxons and then the Anglos came and established their kingdoms. Eventually, the great isles would become the United Kingdom

up
87 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

yes

I love it!

Amelia Rosewood Year two.png

With Love and Light, and Smiles so Bright!

Erin Amelia Fletcher

Yes Jasmine, it's good

Jamie Lee's picture

Why the heck would Serinina dream of starting a nuclear war? Or why would she want to start one? Was it because of what she read in that book, retribution for what occurred in her old time?

When Serinina left did she chose the future or did that just happen? Maybe Athnea had something to do with where in time she arrived?

The last of this chapter is baffling. Patina confessed her wrong doing, the kingdom was ravaged and Patinia ended up as Serinina said. Patinia every said she was sorry, which seemed to be the trigger that brought tears to Serinina. Why? She hated what was done to her so much she helped those against Patinia. She was happy that the kingdom fell but yet she had tears in her eyes. Did she regret what she'd done that brought down her sister and the kingdom or because what happened to her sister?

What now?

Others have feelings too.