Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 9

Printer-friendly version

Aisha looks out of the window of the private Lear jet she was flying in. Camelot Network Solutions had sent a private Lear to pick her up in Cambridge, Massachusetts and fly her to their headquarters in Sandy Hook, KY. She hated to leave Felix behind, but her poor kitty hated flying. Besides, Shelia would look after him.

She scrolls through a news article that had piqued her interest. There was a cybernetic company back in Sydney, Australia building cybernetic limbs for people. According to the interview that had been done about the company, they had managed to develop the technology to the extent, that the recipient had three quarters feeling in the replacement limb.

So, the technology was only available to replacement limbs like arms, hands, legs, and feet. They were still experimenting with eyesight and hearing. So, far they could give a person a black and white image but were working on color. The problem with it was the cost for the implant and then the training and operation cost.

Aisha takes a sip from the soda can she has been nursing since they took off. She finishes it as they touched down on the tarmac. She couldn’t believe it only took two-n-half hours to fly from Cambridge, Mass. to Sandy Hook, KY.

The plane lands and rolls to a hangar where she notices a curly blonde hair woman waiting for them. She figures that must be Gloria. Once the plane comes to a complete stop, she exits.

Hangar:
Gloria was worried that she would be late, picking up Aisha. She overslept because she stayed up late playing on her computer. She enjoyed several online games and stayed online too long. She covers up a yawn as the Lear Jet sent to fly Aisha comes to a complete stop. She watches as the hatch opens and Aisha comes walking down.

“Aisha, it's so nice to finally meet you.” Gloria holds her hand out to shake Aisha’s.

“It's nice to meet you as well Mrs. Lagana.” As Aisha extends her hand.

“Please, just call me Gloria. We’re informal at the Castle.” Gloria smiles at her.

“Castle?” Aisha was curious now.

A smirk appears on Gloria’s face “yeah, wait till you see it.”

The ground crew unloads Aisha’s bags and take them to Gloria’s car. After all her bags were loaded into Gloria’s car, she gives the ground crew a tip.

“Ready to go?” Gloria looks at Aisha.

“Sure, how long is the drive?”

“About thirty minutes. The Castle is on the other side of town and out in the countryside. We had to do that, because of the wind turbines we
have.” Gloria climbs into the car, at the same time as Aisha.

“I can’t wait to see the place.” Aisha’s curiosity was piqued.

“You’ll love it.” Gloria puts the car into gear and heads towards the Castle.

Medical Center, Camelot Network Solutions:
“Have you been experiencing any side effects from the first two treatments?” Caroline looks over towards Morgana for an answer.

“Other then a bloody discharged in my stool, no.” Morgana saw earlier when she did her morning business that there was blood in the toilet.

Since Morgana was still laying down on the medical bed, Caroline does another scan of her body. The scan showed that the scar tissue around the area of where Morgana was injured was clearing up. Since this was the first time Caroline or Morgana have done anything like this.
They didn’t know what to expect from the treatments.

“I wonder if it is the waste or scar tissue being flushed from your system from the nanites?” Caroline was curious.

“Do you want me to catch some of my waste?” Morgana knew that was going to be hard.

“Not yet but let’s keep that in mind should it happen again. I’m going to give you the third shot now. Let me know if you feel anything.” Caroline walks over and injects the third shot of nanites into Morgana’s body.

Morgana just lays on the bed as she watches their movement on the computer screen. The nanites head directly for her injury.

“Owe!” Morgana feels a sharp pain.

Caroline looks at Morgana after that outburst. She looks back at the computer screen and watches as the nanites continue to work.

“Owe!” Morgana was feeling a tingling sensation in her feet.

“Are you alright, Morgana?” Caroline was getting concerned.

“Yes, I’m feeling a tingling sensation in my feet and some pain at my injury site.” Morgana makes a face as the pain increases.
“Here let me give you something for the pain.” Caroline gives Morgana a morph shot to reduce the pain.

It takes a few seconds, but Morgana starts feeling better. She couldn’t believe how she felt or what she was watching on the screen as the nanites repaired the damage to her nerves.

“Tell me if you feel this?” Caroline strokes the bottom of Morgana’s right foot.

Morgana felt Caroline’s fingertip on the bottom of her foot. She couldn’t believe “I can feel your finger.”

Caroline testes the other foot “can you feel that?”

“Yes, I can feel your finger.” Morgana was getting excited.

“Good, if you’re feeling my fingers now, then we might not need the fifth treatment of nanites.” Caroline couldn’t believe that Morgana was
already getting results.

For the next hour, Caroline conducts some tests to see how much feeling Morgana was getting back from the nanite's work.

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Given my brain damage

I can only hope this is closer to science fact than science fiction.

Hopefully Ashia

Samantha Heart's picture

Can figure out what is going on with the game company. I'm glad Morgana is healing from the nanites.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

More than hope

Jamie Lee's picture

Even though there's pain, Morgana is regaining feeling in her legs. So the hope she had in the treatment has become more than hope now. It's now anticipation to see if she can walk again.

Others have feelings too.