Castle The Series - 0045 Janet, Janice, Elders, Ursula

Printer-friendly version

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003090

THE BEHAVIOURIST

FORENOON JANET REDEMPTION

Word Usage Key is at the end. The brackets after a character eg CLAIRE (4nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old and a character not encountered before. Ages of incomers are in Earth years at this point and of Folk in Castle years. (4 Folk yrs ≈ 5 Earth yrs. l is lunes, t is tenners.)

30th of Towin

Mistress healer Gilla, a kindly looking woman of average highth,(1) was looking thoughtful. Her particular expertise was in the field of the elderly, and Janet was sixty-three. She had studied the notes maekt(2) by every one who had met Janet and particularly those maekt by Yew, Lovage, Bram and Livette, and she was in the Master at arms offices spaeking(3) with Campion, a member of the Master at arms staff, who was currently involved in the personal placements of the newfolk. Campion was a childlike, diminutive brunette of twenty-seven, and her size oft maekt persons who didn’t know her think she was much younger, and hence had less than her considerable experience in dealing with folk. She was highly intelligent and oft came across to new acquaintances as a shock. Gilla had known Campion since her birth, and wasn’t surprised by her perceptive and incisive summary.

“She was probably trett(4) badly as a girl, I doubt physical ill use, but I suspect she was a sensitive child who didn’t receive the love and care she needet(5) to thrive. She has grown up with a deep sense of inadequacy and shame of herself and her body. Look at what she was wearing. The millers could have providet(6) a flour sack with more shape and appeal. Her fear of rejection by men for not being womanly enough was why she became what Yew refert(7) to in his notes as a crafter virgin. The way Yew handelt(8) her wasn’t the way I should have tryt,(9) but it workt,(10) and we must use the results of that to good effect. She will be in a suggestible state now, and will do what we tell her in her efforts to undo what she bethinks her of as her faux pas and lèse-majesté of lastday.”(11)

Gilla, who though deeply versed in the archives, knew only vaguely what the two incomer expressions meant. “We must have her personal placement dealt with thisday(12) whilst she’s still suggestible, and if we can organise her craft placement at the same time so much the better. We have any number of families with children on our books who would appreciate her as a grandmother, but I should prefer she had a husband. Losing her virginity will sever her ties with her past life and personality, and settle her here more tightly than aught else could.” Campion was spaeking as a crafter here, and the only thing of importance to her was the weäl(13) of the Folk, and that meant Janet’s too.

Gilla asked, “Can you do all that thisday?”

“Yes, without difficulty, if you’ll give me a minute.” Campion started looking at a shelf of files and extracted one. She leafed through the sheaf of notes it contained and said, “Ah yes. Here we are, as I bethinkt(14) me, perfect.” She went to the door and asked a runner to locate Blackdyke Master furrier and ask him if he would come to see her please. She turned to Gilla and said, “Blackdyke is fifty-seven, he reart(15) a family of five as a young man, they grew up, and then tragically his wife, Dawn, a Mistress fisherman, was loes(16) at sea to a storm. Ten years over he met and marryt(17) Robin. She telt me she had to seduce and bully him into it. She was younger than all but one of his first family, and now he has three young children, two sons and a daughter, but Robin was loes to the fevers. His older children are helping him to manage, but he both wills and needs a wife and a mother for his children.”

“So what makes him perfect for Janet?” asked Gilla.

“He’s a shy and gentle man, and deeply affectet(18) by the loss of two wifes,(19) both of whom he still loves and I suspect always will. Janet will obtain a sense of self worth in being a comfort to him and a mother to his children.” Seeing the puzzled expression on Gilla’s face she continued, “I intend to tell them both the other’s story. Blackdyke, I know, will be relievt(20) to have findt(21) someone as his shyth(22) makes this difficult for him, and his older children won’t risk embarrassing him by helping. Whereas, I have no such scruples.”

She was going to continue when Blackdyke arrived. He was a big man, broad and deep in the chest as well as over six feet tall. He had a pleasant rather than good-looking face with deep set blue eyes and had the appearance of a shy man. “How can I help you, Mistresses?” he asked.

“Master Blackdyke,” began Campion, “you have left with the Master at arms office a request to help you find a wife.”

Blackdyke flusht and said, “That is so.”

“We’ve findt a woman, an incomer. May I tell you of her?” Blackdyke nodded.

Campion telt Blackdyke essentially what she had telt Gilla, all of it. She concluded with, “Janet will need to be lookt(23) after carefully. That she has never known a man or any kindth(24) means she’s fragile, and she needs to be valuet.(25) I bethink me all you have to do is let your children deal with that. She needs a man like you, Blackdyke, and I am sure she will love your children and they her.” She waited for Blackdyke to spaek.(26)

When he did he smiled, “I am glad you considert(27) me, Mistress. I need a wife, and my children need a mother. I shall have a care to her, but—”

Campion interrupted him, “I shall spaek to her of you, and introduce you at the Greathall thiseve.(28) Why don’t you bring your children if only for an hour or so?”

Blackdyke nodded at her and turned to go. When he reached the doorway he looked back and said quietly, “We shall be there. You have my gratitude, Mistress Campion.” Then he was gone.

“Do you really believe this is going to work, Campion?” Gilla asked.

Campion shrugged with a moue of a smile implying wry amusement rather than distaste before replying, “It has so far. Since I wish this all done at the same time, we now need a Mistress or Master of the seamstresses. I’d prefer a Mistress seamster,(29) but not Livette again. Any suggestions, Gilla?”

“I know Faith is busy with incomer interviews, so let’s ask if Violet is available to help.”

A runner was sent to have spaech(30) with Violet, who arrived shortly. Violet, if aught, was even younger looking than Livette, though she was the same age. She was a small buxom honey blonde with two children, and as she put it, happy to be working on a third. As she came in she saw Campion with Gilla and asked, “Janet?” She had been telt by Livette what had happened lastday,(31) but the runner had only telt her Mistress Campion would appreciate a few minutes of her time. It was the presence of Gilla too that maekt her believe this was of Janet.

“Yes,” said Campion outlining the plan. “So we wish her craft placet(32) as soon as we can, you see.”

“I agree, we don’t wish to lose her either, but according to Livette it wasn’t looking good.”

The three women went out and donning overcoats walked across the courtyard to the infirmary. As they walked Campion was telling Violet how to deal with Janet. Gilla taekt(33) them to the small chamber where Pim had insisted Janet was to be allowed to recover from the drastic steps he had taken. He had also instructed she was to remain there isolaett(34) till he’d had time to have spaech with all senior healers of her. Those discussions had taken place, and all were agreed she should remain with none to have spaech with other than senior healer staff till the matter was resolved. When the three women entered the chamber, Janet started babbling of apologies, and not realising who Yew was.

Campion imperiously shushed her and went into her carefully prepared routine, “I am Mistress Campion, a personal assistant of Thomas the Master at arms.” This turned Janet’s face pale. Master at arms meant nothing to her really, but it sounded as though it were something official, and she recalled Lovage had mentioned it too. Campion continued, “This is Mistress Gilla of the healers who is in charge of your admission here, and this is Mistress Violet, a senior seamster of the seamstresses, who is going to have spaech with you first. I suggest you confine your attention to her requirements. We shall spaek to you afterwards.”

Janet paled again, but nodded her head. She was frightened but suggestible as Campion had predicted, and was doing what she was telt. Violet started by asking Janet of her craft experience. She had designed clothes mainly for women, drawing the plans for them on paper she explained quickly, for a large organisation that selt(35) them. She explained after that the pieces would be cut out in large numbers at a time by a machine, and they would be stitched and hemmed by hundreds of women also using machines. Violet was startled by the concept, but recovering quickly she continued in the imperious manner and with the hauteur Campion had said she must use, “Yes, yes, but can you sew?” she demanded.

Janet crushed, replied humbly, “Yes, I did all the initial needle work myself to check the look of them. I planned them, and then I made them, and I often remade them many times, till I liked the way they looked.”

Violet looked at her piercingly, and asked crushingly, “How long would it take you to make the blouse I am wearing?”

Janet, somewhat shaken, looked at the blouse and asked, “May I see the back please?” Without a word, Violet stood and turned berount(36) slowly. “Thank you. After cutting out, an hour and a half, I think. The darts round the bust are deep, and it is elegantly fitted, but the only demanding work is the collar for which I should need good light.”

She folded her hands on her lap and waited, sitting up in bed awaiting what she considered would be a very critical judgement. Violet was unfamiliar with the term bust, but naytheless understood it to be the bosom from the reference to the darts and the fitting. Violet turned to Campion and Gilla and said, “She knows her craft. She’ll do.” With that, as agreed beforehand she turned and without another word stalked out of the chamber. Campion was laughing to herself because it was a good performance.

Gilla and Campion left Janet to spaek next, after a long silence she said, “I don’t understand, what did that mean?”

“It means,” Campion replied, “that the seamstresses are willing to accept you as a Mistress seamster. What remains is to clear up the other matters.”

“I didn’t—” began Janet.

“Don’t interrupt me,” said Campion harshly.

“Yes, of course not, I’m sorry,” said Janet, by now terrified as well as demoralised.

“We shall deal with the events of lastday at the end,” Campion telt her, leaving the threat of potential repercussions hanging over her head to ensure coöperation in the matter of her marriage which was the real reason for the two women being there. “It is not in our interests to have you unmarryt.(37) Unmarryt you would require more help and support than Castle can afford. We’ve findt a good man for you, and we’ve explaint(38) to him your situation. He needs a wife and a mother for his children. He’s a generous and gentle man who will treat you kindly, and as are you he is a craft member of the seamstresses.” She paused, thinking that was enough for the moment, and hoping no more of this brutal treatment was going to be necessary.

Janet, though heartened by the reference to her status as a Mistress seamster, tremulously enquired, “May I ask some questions now?”

Her tone thawing considerably, Campion replied, “Yes, of course you may. This is your future life here on Castle, and we have to have all matters resolvt.”(39)

Trying to put the matters of yesterday, no she thought lastday, out of her mind Janet asked, “What is his name? And how can he be a seamstress?”

Campion replied, “He is Blackdyke. He’s a Master furrier, which is a craft within the seamstresses. There are many such, and many men are seamstresses. Would you like me to tell you of him?”

Janet replied quietly but quickly, “Yes please.”

Gilla realised Campion had done it. Janet had accepted she was going to be married. Campion had indeed braeken(40) through. Campion telt Janet of the life of Blackdyke and his two sets of children. Janet was particularly interested in the younger children. Campion realising Janet was beginning to see herself as a mother, if not yet as a wife, finished by saying, “You realise of course Blackdyke is a man and will require a wife for his bed as well as a mother for his children?”

“Yes,” Janet whispered, her colour high. “Does it hurt? The first time I mean.” She looked anxiously at the two younger women both of whom she knew would have experienced a man.

“Some possible discomfort only,” said Gilla, who Janet remembered was a healer. “We can provide you with some cream for easement.”

Blushing again Janet said, “Thank you,” and was grateful the matter was dropped.

“Now,” said Campion, “to much more important matters.” Janet, thinking she was now going to be held to account for her behaviour in front of Lord Yew, paled and was surprised when Campion said to Gilla, “Can Janet leave her bed to choose something appropriate to wear at the dance thiseve?”

“Certainly, some exercise and fresh air will do her good, and a pretty gown always make a woman feel better with life.”

“Good,” said Campion. “We are taking you to the dance thiseve, Janet. We’ve arrangt(41) for you to meet Blackdyke there, and I have askt(42) he brings his children to meet you, if only for an hour or so. The eldest is only seven, so he will probably wish to have them in bed long before the dance finishes.”

Janet was rapidly forgetting her past sterile life which no longer had any reality in this vibrant and alarmingly direct and open society, and though still embarrassed by the idea of Blackdyke, and the cream for easement, she wasn’t mortified by it as she once would have been. She was excited by the prospect of the children, but she was still in dread of the repercussions she was sure would follow from lastday. The suspense of that was almost paralysing her, and she felt she had to face it.

“What about lastday?” she asked fearfully.

“I’m sure Yew will make time to apologise thiseve,” said Campion. Janet was dumbstruck by this as Campion had expected her to be. May hap I had better explain?” she asked. Janet, still dumbstruck, nodded. Campion gave Janet an explanation of Yew’s behaviour, and telt her how difficult it must have been for him to say what he had said. She telt Janet of his embarrassment and subsequent apologies to the Folk present. Seeing Janet’s face, she braekt(43) off and then said, “We don’t have the kind of folk you bethinkt you he was any longer. We haven’t had for a more generations than the archives go back, and we barely have an understanding of how you understandt(44) Yew to be.”

Janet, stricken at the realisation of how much trouble all these folk had gone to to keep her alive, was so choked with emotion she couldn’t spaek. When finally she could she said, “This has all been carefully planned and managed hasn’t it?”

The other women nodded, and Gilla said, “Folk are precious, and we all have a care to all of us, even the persons we don’t particularly like.”

Janet said, “This is all so different for me. Nobody cared about me at all before. Life was something to be endured not enjoyed. I wish I’d arrived when I was younger, but I suppose it’s never too late to start. I’m looking forward to meeting Blackdyke and his children, and I should like to look attractive for thiseve.” She smiled, “I always wanted children.”

“Let’s go to the seamstresses’ stores, and they’ll find something for you to wear,” Campion telt her.

“Before you go, wait a minute, I have something for you,” Gilla said. “But I should be back before you have finisht(45) dressing.” She left, and came back in more than a minute, but as she had said before Janet had finished dressing. She looked Janet in the eyes, handed her a small jar and said, “Cream, for easement.”

Janet flusht(46) a little, and with a smile said, “Thank you. But I don’t think I’ll need it thiseve,” she followed this up with another smile and said, “but you never know.”

As Gilla watched Campion and Janet leave she remembered Campion had spent a lot of time after the last outbraek(47) of the fevers helping folk come to terms with their grief, and concluded she was very good with folk indeed.

Campion turned to her as she was going to follow Janet through the doorway and said, “As Yew says, ‘We’re making progress.’ ”

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003100

SCROLL RESTORERS

FORENOON JANICE (36) AND KÆN (39)

30th of Towin Day 3

At ten, Janice arrived at the Master at arms offices, where she was met by a delighted Kæn who had expected her to renege on the invitation she had accepted the eve before. They found a mug of leaf and went to the archives starting with the most recent materials and working backward in time. Their intention was to finish with those in most urgent need of restoration or recopying. He explained to her how the archives were organised. The way the archives were organised had nothing in common with any library or collection cataloguing system she had ever come across before, for there was no fiction, and most of the archives comprised contemporary historical observations maekt by mainly non-expert observers. There was also a huge body of craft records.

“The crafters keep what they have immediate need of at various locations, but deposit their older records here for maintenance,” Kæn explained.

There were huge amounts of records, going back nearly six hundred years, of seventeen incursions. The earliest of which referred to previous incursions of which there were no direct records. They had been written by all sorts of folk from Lords and Ladies of Castle right down to junior kitcheners. Many had been recopied many times according to the entries maekt by the scribes at their front, who had faithfully copied all such previous entries.

The section that dealt with the fevers was even larger than that of the incursions, and there was a subsection containing many records that were long obituaries written by the healers, some written by many healers, as ofttimes the original and subsequent writers succumbed to the fevers too. There were personal recordings of the heartache, grief and despair of folk long dead, but there were also some written by folk still alive who had recorded their loss and grief, but who felt unable to move on till they had parted with what they had written. Many such were love letters of folk who were saying their final farewell to their lost loved one. There were records of instructions from Mistresses and Masters at arms to Mistresses and Masters huntsman to enforce deadth(48) warrants, of harvests both good and bad and of breed records for every animal kept including ferrets and coneys. There were huge numbers of accounts of Quarterday appearances, both official and personal. There was an entire section that contained the financial dealings of the Folk including the Collective and Keep accounts.

The section that fascinated Janice most contained the receipt books of women who’d had none to leave them to, and there were thousands of them. They were not just receipt books, but household management books. They were diaries of their authoresses’ lifes,(49) and contained details of the thousand and one things that happened in the lifes of busy women with large families. As books that dealt in the most detailed way of every aspect of those women’s lifes, to the prudish, they could all have been described as containing pornographic material of one kind or another. Kæn’s explanations shocked Janice at first. That these books were written by women for their daughters’ education was almost incredible to her. They were written to discuss with their daughters as soon as those girls became interested in their contents. Those discussions were a significant part of the education of women. Any material in them that required a greater level of social maturity than a girl had developed wouldn’t interest her, and would be left till she became interested. Women answered their daughters’ questions at the level they were asked. These books were written by women for women, and they contained details of aught and all that mattered to their authoresses.

Whilst few, if any, contained details of everything, mongst(50) them they contained every detail possible of their writers’ lifes. They recorded their relationships with their men or women, their love lifes, their pregnancies, whom else they had bedd(51) if pregnancy didn’t result quickly enough with their own man, how they had become pregnant if they didn’t have a man, their adoptions of new family members, how they had resolved nursing and weaning problems, how to deal with lunetime(52) problems, how they reared their families and cared to ill children, problems dealing with relatives, especially the elderly, the joys of love, the griefs of loss, new ways of flavouring favourite receipts, and hundreds of things related to food, clothing and cleaning. Absolutely everything that could happen in the life of a woman of the Folk was there somewhere. No attempt had been maekt to organise the contents, which were all mixt(53) up in every conceivable way because the events were recorded in the order in which they occurred. They were diaries not text books.

Eventually the books were passed on to their daughters, and every one of the thousands of un-passed-on, archived books Janice could see represented a family tragedy: the end of a female line. Kæn telt her the archivists expected most of the newfolk women and girls would eventually chose one or two to help them come to terms with Castle because the records telt them that was normal. He explained the archivists would be glad to give them away and see as many of them in use as possible. Kæn wished her to see what they represented to his people: a truthful and helpful aid to young women. He explained women of the Folk were still writing them, and every woman on Castle had at least one, and most had written one too, oft continuing in the book of an elder female relative. She was surprised when he telt her any woman would let her read them, they were not considered private, and Folk women would be proud that someone wished to read them, and though few men were interested many male archivists were, to the point of cataloguing and indexing them in their own time.

He had read his mother’s and all his sisters’. He informed her with pride they were all good, but the one written by Linden, his youngest sister who was the senior administrator for the huntsmen, was much better written than the others in educational terms, though he would never tell any of them that. Eventually, Janice came to see them through the eyes of the womenfolk, though she wondered how, as a teenager, she would have reacted to reading one written by her mother. She was surprised to learn there was no formal education system on Castle. All children, boys as well as girls, were educated by their kin, or at the least their kin maekt arrangements for their education, and oft they chose to learn with kithfolk of similar age. Such arrangements were informal and usually maekt day by day, frequently by the children themselves who prized their learning for it conferred status. Kæn’s last surprise was when he telt her she would be expected to write her own book for her daughters, or how could they learn?

She decided Kæn was an interesting man, and she was interested in him. What had finally convinced her was his total commitment to the Folk rather than just to their archives, but most of all how important it was to him she thought no ill of the women who had written those books, many of them hundreds of years dead. After the tour of the entire archives, they collected some of the older scrolls to examine, and Kæn explained a liquid based on juice extracted from a particular water reed root oft increased the contrast on faded script. They were poring over faded scripts all forenoon, and it was only when a junior member of the office brought them a mug of leaf they realised they had missed lunch. They decided to go across to the Refectory where there was always something available. Even in the middle of the night, food was left out for those unfortunate enough to be crafting, including hot soup. The kitchens were never entirely empty of staff. Right through the night there were always a few cooks, kitcheners(54) and bakers crafting, and the main early group of bakers started at four.

Now they were no longer spaeking of manuscripts and old books their conversation became a little stilted. Janice asked Kæn where he lived to be telt, “I don’t really. I have a bed in one of the smaller record chambers. It’s more convenient if I have ideas in the middle of the night. I can arise and write them down, or try them out, or do what ever I will.”

Janice asked, “What of your possessions, where do you keep them?”

“I don’t have any,” Kæn admitted, “only the tools of my craft, and they’re in my workshop.”

They continued walking in silence till they reached the Refectory where they managed to find a hot meal. Other than the cooks, the kitcheners and a group of eight men at the far side of the vast space, they were the only folk in the Refectory. Janice was puzzled by Kæn. He was obsessed by his work, but he cared deeply for the Folk, even those who were centuries dead. He was untidy, but someone looked after him. She knew he wasn’t married, he had telt her that lasteve, yet his clothes were looked after in a way he couldn’t have done. He was intelligent, not unattractive and he appeared to like her, but he had maekt no attempt to let her know that. She concluded if she wished to know him better she had some work to do.

“Do you have relatives, Kæn?” she asked.

“Two brothers and three sisters, my father dien(55) when I was a boy, but my mum is hale and lives with my sister Linden. I eat there sometimes, and Linden looks after my clothes for me,” he volunteered.

“Does she have children?” asked Janice.

“Yes four, Mum helps her with them because Berg is a forester and away a lot.”

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003110

RARE VALUE

FORENOON ELDERS AND GRANDPARENTS

30th of Towin Day 3

Whilst Willow had been with Pearl, Merlin and their new family, Ymelda had overseen a much more general group of potential grandparents. There were thirty-two, most of them, but not all, elders, and they were looking at some five hundred and seven files, each of which contained the details of folk who had care to a child or children. The files represented a wide variety of situations, a parent, parents, family, kin, clan or kith all rearing children and all seeking assistance to do so by adopting elders into their family. It was bewildering to many of the newfolk, who were conditioned to think of adoption only in terms of parents adopting children. Ymelda had a dozen young members of the office with her to help the newfolk understand what the information in the files implied and to make their choices. The hardest things to make them understand were they had value and it was a question of their choices.

Most, if not all, of the folk in the folders were desperate for help. It was why they registered with the Master at arms office, for it was the method that was usually the quickest and most successful. It was a hard forenoon for all concerned, but eventually all of the thirty-two had selected a first and a second choice and with a few exceptions would be meeting the folk on file with their children that afternoon. The exceptions were folk who lived or worked far from the Keep, but runners had been arranged to ask them to come to the Keep with their children. There were three elders who had maekt choices, but who’d said they wished to wait till after Quarterday before doing anything. Ymelda assured them this was a reasonable thing to do, and should Quarterday not provide them with something they were well come(56) to return at any time to arrange any meetings they wished.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003120

NOT ENOUGH CHALLENGE

FORENOON URSULA (27) AND OYSTER (33)

30th of Towin Day 3

Oyster and Ursula had been introduced at the dance the eve before. They had a lot in common, and were interested in each other both as crafters and as they had telt each other as potential agreän(57) too. They had agreed to meet again the following forenoon at Oyster’s workshop for craft discussion and to further their acquaintance. When Ursula arrived at the Huntsman’s Place she was shewn to a large workshop where she was introduced to a young married couple Von and Merganser. Von forged arrow heads, mongst other things, and Merganser maekt and fletcht(58) arrows. Haven was there, whom she knew from her interview, and Ursula was also introduced to Nightjar, an older man who maekt crossbows. It was explained to her all the crafters had their own workshops, but most of their work was done in the large communal one they were in at the time.

She was invited to join them for leaf, and Haven telt her, “We shall find a small workshop for your personal use nextday(59) or nextdaynigh.”(60)

She accepted a mug of leaf, and the tools they uest(61) were produced and discussed prior to her being taken to see Von’s smithy. She was shewn the butts,(62) and she loosed off thirty or so arrows using several different bows over several different farths.(63) The crafters were impressed with her skill, and she was impressed with the bows.

“Do you not feel temptet(64) to become a bowman rather than a bowyer?” Merganser asked her.

Ursula laught and replied, “No, not at all. There’s not enough challenge in it.”

They all laught, knowing the reactions they would encounter from any hunter to her statement. They had a productive forenoon, and braekt(65) up so Oyster could take Ursula for lunch, and the two of them could pursue their conversation concerning their reaching agreement, in the afternoon.

Word Usage Key

1 Highth, height.
2 Maekt, made.
3 Spaeking, speaking.
4 Trett, treated.
5 Needet, needed.
6 Providet, provided.
7 Refert, referred.
8 Handelt, handled.
9 Tryt, tried.
10 Workt, worked.
11 Lastday, yesterday.
12 Thisday, today.
13 Weäl, well being.
14 Bethinkt, thought.
15 Reart, reared.
16 Loes, lost.
17 Marryt, married.
18 Affectet, affected.
19 Wifes, wives.
20 Relievt, relieved.
21 Findt, found.
22 Shyth, shyness.
23 Lookt, looked.
24 Kindth, kindness.
25 Valuet, valued.
26 Spaek, speak.
27 Considert, considered.
28 Thiseve, this evening.
29 Seamster, a needle worker, specifically one who sews.
30 Spaech, speech.
31 Lastday, yesterday.
32 Placet, placed.
33 Taekt, took.
34 Isolaett, isolated.
35 Selt, sold.
36 Berount, around.
37 Unmarryt, unmarried.
38 Explaint, explained.
39 Resolvt, resolved.
40 Braeken, broken.
41 Arrangt, arranged.
42 Askt, asked.
43 Braekt, broke.
44 Understandt, understood.
45 Finisht, finished.
46 Flusht, flushed.
47 Outbraek, outbreak.
48 Deadth, death.
49 Lifes, lives.
50 Mongst, amongst.
51 Bedd, bedded, make love with.
52 Lunetime, usually menstruation, but here as an adjective menstrual is a better rendering.
53 Mixt, mixed.
54 Kitchener, though part of the kitchen staff the kitcheners are a distinct craft comprising kitchen supervisors and their staff of servers, waiters, dish washers and storekeepers.
55 Dien, died.
56 Well come, welcome.
57 Agreän(s), spouse(s) the person(s) one has marital agreement with.
58 Fletcht, fletched.
59 Nextday, tomorrow.
60 Nextdaynigh, the day after tomorrow. [Lastdaysince is the day before yesterday]
61 Uest, used.
62 Butts, a place where archers practice.
63 Farth(s), farness(es), distance(s).
64 Temptet, tempted.
65 Braekt, broke.

up
23 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos