Christmas Scrambled - 4

Printer-friendly version


Christmas Scrambled - 4


By Jessica


A boy loses his cool the morning of Christmas Eve…
With Essie’s encouragement, he decides to enjoy penitence…
Another day and still Marti...


=^_^=


Once back to the house, Uncle Bennett greeted us with holiday drinks and a warm fire in the fireplace. The drink for us girls was mostly fruit juices with an ounce of fruity wine. Chairs around the fireplace were two deep. Darby presented me with a gift as did Essie. Darby’s was a robe and nightgown for tonight. Essie’s gifts were the holiday outfit we saw at Kohls a red glittery skirt and a top with snowmen and candy canes.

“I’m not wearing another girly outfit tomorrow.”

Essie said, “It is so your cousin Laurie can see you as a girl. Please be a good sport for me. I wouldn’t want you to turn down my Christmas gift.”

Too soon we were saying good night to the Goods and I was saying goodnight with Essie. She reminded me the Christmas morning service would come all too quickly.

I now had the experience of removing makeup and moisturizing my face under the watchful eyes of my sister. Darby and I were sharing the bathroom as best we could with me mimicking her as I did my own makeup removing. She and my Mom did the task of pinning up my hair and warning me to leave it alone for the night.

Mom spent time with me, we talked about my behavior that started the day and surprising how a great day unfolded… Mom said, “I was surprised you were given the wrong gift and how you became very upset in your response. I thought it was going to be a terrible Christmas… and your changing into the dress made all the worse.”

“If it weren’t for Essie coming at that time and her giving her uninvited opinion; it would have been a disaster. But then again, I saw her idea of me staying a girl as a joke. I thought Dad would get angry; giving me an excuse for blowing up.” Dad not blowing up and the idea of Essie helping me to be a girl for the day changed the direction of everything. There was no way I could have imagined getting to today and impersonating two famous women singers.” Mom and I giggled until it was finally time to sleep.

“I’ll be waking you up around five. I’ve checked and rehung up your dress for tomorrow. You took good care of it this evening, I was very impressed. Wear different stockings and change your makeup just enough to change your look a little. I think Darby will get up to help you do that. I have a little bit of stitchery for you to wear on your head tomorrow if they still have that custom.”

I was exhausted and quickly fell asleep but my mind was active. I didn’t remember much of my dreams, there were some reflections of the day. One thing frightened me but I didn’t remember it. I dreamt Marti woke cuddled in Essie’s arms. It frightened me that she’s my strength. The idea we might be mutually equal and that I’m soft and warm too was a welcoming feeling.

=^_^=~


Early church services, the need to hurry and get ready. Usually, Matt would decide he didn’t have time for another shower, but his Mom said it was not an option. He was in, out, but I needed to be fresh-smelling and clean as well as awake and energized. The clean panty was welcome along with feeling snug inside it. I was given stockings that clung to my legs, and temporarily drove Marti’s new psyche wild. The dress was on over the stockings, light makeup, different jewelry, and a lace cloth pinned on my head gave Marti a different appearance. Darby was up and ready as the Stonecrofts stopped to pick Marti up for mass.

Matt’s not religious so services close together, last night and early this morning would have been a little much, if not for Essie. But sharing the experience, the incense, like perfume, touched off a mystical sensation, along with themes like light and dark, good news for a troubled world. The pronouncement of peace for all.

People did not linger after mass only one person suspecting there was more to know Matt as Marti. Knowing it was Judy whom they hoped the news would not spread.

It was barely after seven and they were already dropping Marti off at home

=^_^=~


Usually, it would have meant clothes sprawl around the room and Matt back in bed. This time, the dress was carefully taken off, it had brought Marti through a new life passage. She wasn’t a girl, but no longer just Matt. He delighted in the stockings and even took time to dance with stocking-clad legs and with her hand taking the time to discover their softness.

The white tights and the holiday outfit of a red sparkly skirt of snowflakes, along with the top of snowman and candy canes went on along with a single strand of a tinsel-like string with many small sparkly pieces as a necklace. Darby put bright red and white bows into her hair. She had Marti set for the day.

His Mom told him Matt’s gifts would wait until after 6 p.m. They had made some quick gifts so Marti would be part of opening gifts now.

Cousins Case and Laurie arrived with their parents Aunt Cassandra and Uncle Lance Miller. Case started in on Marti giving his cousin a hard time but broke off from that with a nudge from Laurie. “Hey Dude the frills become you, but don’t wait for me to join in,” he said and then stepped away.

Everyone enjoyed the brunch, Laurie and Darby, the moms and grandma looked festive along with Marti. Laurie, Darby, and Marti share a splash of Sugar Plum spray to fill the air as they move around with the gifts. They’re to find the gift and present them to the proper person in order. Marti instead of resisting jumped into the fray with delight. Gifts this year first went to Grandma; then the granddaughters, grandson, and then the parents. Come Marti’s turn the wrapped box was a different shape for him, it would be Marti’s first doll, one of Darby’s that had never been played with. Marti knew she was a Sara and gladly received her. Darby was all smiles as she watched Marti hug the doll.

Matt hadn’t seen anything special about a grandparent’s pendant for grandma until she opened it and she hugged them both. “Do you two understand how precious this is?” She smiled, words and warm smile spoke to Marti’s emerging heart.

“Thanks, Sis for including me,” she as Marti said to Darby.

Marti’s second gift was three pairs of panties, shields hidden in two camisoles, all soft pastel colors. She knew it was to help keep her in character as Marti.

Laurie, Case, and Darby got their larger gifts. Darby upon receiving a new winter coat handed off her old school coat to Marti. It would be pretty and adequate for the coming week if she stayed in girl mode.

Lastly, Marti received a new outfit from Mom and Aunt Cassandra's pink, yellow, and white skirt with a complementing top. It was a medium length skater skirt that Darby gleefully deemed great for bowling. The three-quarter sleeve top went with it.

An emotional dam burst as Marti ran upstairs to cry in the bathroom. This was code to Darby and Mom that he/she was open to their presence. Marti/Matt trusted them that he could share these overwhelming, joyful emotions. “Mom, Sis, these are happy feelings. I am overwhelmed by how you guys are making this such a neat experience. Aren’t you freaked out by my liking this even a little?”

Six decorated hands folded together, four bright eyes looking back at him/her. Darby says, “Matt, I know you’re there, but I’m so happy to see you enjoying this time as Marti. You would never have enjoyed this as much clothed in your manhood.”

“Dido daughter of mine, I’m not afraid of losing Matt, no way. But you’re usually tightly strung like a hard elastic ball. I am so glad Essie encouraged this and didn’t let Marti getaway to change back.”

There was a call up to us if we were okay; Darby helped me to fix my makeup. I did need to use the toilet and get myself fixed again in my feminine gaiety.

The others apologized if I felt hurt; it was nice that Mom and Darby knew the truth and the others were pleased when I returned.

Before six o’clock when Essie was to come over, I received a text I was to come over to her house. Her cousin Julie was there and they wanted me to meet her. I went but was afraid I’d meet someone who didn’t understand what I was doing.

It couldn’t have been further from reality. Julie was her cousin Joel, and boy did he know how to present as a woman. He’s a female impersonator and his interest in me was because Essie said I could sing like a woman. Singing like one singing today was one thing, unlike Julie/Joel, we were not very accomplished. He was better doing Barbara Streisand, Judy Garland, and Mama Cass. While able to sing like Cheryl Crowe, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and even more recent singers on the internet. My problem was I couldn’t project like most of them. Julie said to me, “That’s where a sound person comes in and I happen to have one.”

I could tell Mr. Stonecroft was not amused, but we weren’t serious and others enjoyed singing Christmas carols and hymns with famed female artists. Essie’s older sister had given to Essie two lightly worn outfits, one a dress and the other a skirt and blouse. That she rewrapped as Marti’s gift. I also received my first gifts as Matt. One was a gift certificate from her parents for a dress pair or pair of fitted jeans.

It was nice to meet Joel but see him dressed as Julie for Christmas. He’s to sing at the Rendezvous all this weekend. It was to start with his opening show on Thursday; hopefully to great revues to boost the weekend crowds.

I was told, Mr. Stanwell was decidedly happy when we both left at 9. I would have liked to stay longer. I knew better if her Dad was going to see Marti again. I did get to show Essie a picture of me in my new skater outfit. She too saw it as something I could wear for bowling. I figured Essie and Darby were teaming up together.

The Millers were staying the night at our house with my aunt and uncle using Darby’s room and cousin Case using my room. We had moved Marti’s stuff over to Darby’s closet for safe-keeping. The three of us girls had blankets, comforters, and pillows galore on chairs, cushions, and couches in our family room. It was to be my first and last girls’ sleepover. It was 10:30 that I knew Essie was invited too.

We wouldn’t be allowed to sleep together, but that wasn’t the point. I got to have a girls' sleepover with her as part of it. I did have to put up with endless girl talk and what they liked in guys. While I was not a macho guy, I did fairly well in how they saw me as Matt.

=^_^=~


Come morning there was a family brunch before the Millers headed out without Laurie. She wanted a few days with her girl cousins. I had gone to shower and had set out a set of Matt’s clothes. The bathroom door opening and closing was the precursor to discovering one of the outfits from Essie’s sister.

I did get to open Matt’s gifts before the Millers left. I had received the winter coat I wanted and a used car. It was a five-year-old Rav4 which boded well for holding up and looking good.

Uncle Lance had brought it with him the day before and parked it in a neighbor’s driveway. Learning to drive it in girl's shoes and with fingernails, changed things a little. It was not the way I wanted my first picture taken driving it.

I had tried once to brush out some curls, and I quickly learned it only hurt my appearance not the notion I was a girl. I drove Essie, my sister, and cousin Laurie as they were looking for bargains and exchanging what wasn’t right for them.

I had no intention of shopping. It was the second store that Darby surprised asking me which work-out set I liked. I saw one that I thought was special and told her. She and Laurie told me I had to try it on. I said, “I wasn’t saying I wanted it?”

Darby insisted it was to be for me. The other two agreed and all insisted I try them on. The two-tone legs and tight around my buns and a snug top caused me to look like another girl. I guess that was their design.

It was covered by one gift certificate, but I knew I wouldn’t see Essie’s mom excited about it.

Being with them and feeling like I was one of the girls was exhilarating. We were caught up in girl talk, to the extent I was tempted to see guys as they did. I thought that was funny, but didn’t tell them. I knew better what some guys would think of their attention. When we sang a Christmas song; Essie encouraged me to sing it like Taylor Swift. It took some thought and effort, but the others liked my finished project. When Essie said she’d tell her cousin Julie; the others knew the implications. Though I swore, I wasn’t going to sing with Joel. I knew they had other thoughts.

Laurie knew the club where Joel was to sing and said, “If you sing on Thursday it would be to a small, friendly crowd. Even I would sing along.” 'Yeah, but she wouldn’t be standing up in front of the crowd.'

They started another Christmas song, I couldn’t name the artist but I remembered her song and her sound, Cousin Laurie laughed, “Gee, Marti you nailed that one! How precious.”

There were more, but ‘O Holy Night’ by Carrie Underwood stood out to the others as a song I did exceedingly well.

We took Essie to her house and then went home. Mom was on the phone laughing and telling someone a wonderful time and again. Once off the phone, she said, “That was Essie telling me the wonderful time you four had and how good my youngest daughter is at singing.”

Grandma got a chance to see some of the video mom received from Essie. She had recorded more than I knew. Grandma asked, “Are you going to sing if her cousin says it is good enough? Surely, you would; you’ll even have more time to practice the songs and polish it up some before Thursday night.”

“Just think,” Dad said, “You might even be able to earn some extra money for college or get a scholarship for singing.”

“Not funny Dad!” Matt’s voice cut through. I wanted to go stomping off and sulk in my room, but I wasn’t going to give anyone the satisfaction of getting to me…

To be continued...

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Matt finding

Podracer's picture

more and more to like about this new gig, but doesn't want to really admit to it all. Yet. Or who can say really? This could be just a pleasant, passing adventure.

"Reach for the sun."

The Family

Samantha Heart's picture

Knows of Matt's acting ability, but Matt in a way is actually enjoying being a girl, but just dosen't want to admit it. I think that may change soon & I think Essie will be the one to have a talk with him about how he feels.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Marti more than Matt?

Jamie Lee's picture

How did others treat Matt before Christmas or even during usual times? By the way his family and Essie act, they want Marti to be around instead of Matt.

Matt humbly decided to cooperate the very first time the ladies took him upstairs to glitz him up. All because of Essie.

Now they love Marti's singing and want her to sing Thursday night, something Matt does not want to do.. Even dad sees the possible of the singing being a windfall. But as before, something says Essie will have a hand in talking Marti into singing Thursday night.

How is this whole experience going to affect Matt when, if, Matt makes a reappearance? Might Marti's new attitude be taken up by Matt? Might Matt be a totally different person during family get togethers?

Or will Matt get to the point that Marti has to be out and about? Becoming a new daughter full time to the family?

Others have feelings too.

chistmas scrambled part 4

He is going deeper and deeper into womanhood

Girls rule