Castle The Series - 0056 Gina, Patricia, The Squad, Hazel, Janet, Clary

Printer-friendly version

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003520

KISS ME PROPERLY

DINNER TO BEDTIME GINA AND JONAS

30th of Towin Day 3

Word Usage Key is at the end. The brackets after a character eg CLAIRE (4nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old and a character not encountered before. Ages of incomers are in Earth years at this point and of Folk in Castle years. (4 Folk yrs ≈ 5 Earth yrs. l is lunes, t is tenners.) There is now an index of which significant characters appear in each chapter at the end.

Gina and Jonas, carrying Ruth and Kilroy, went to the Master at arms, to ask if they would organise beds and bedding for the children, and walked briskly back to Hornbeam’s as the air was now decidedly cool. Hornbeam invited them to stop for the eve meal, but they declined despite the antics of five over excited children, and hurried the few minutes’ walk to their chambers. They went in, and had the tour with Jay shewing Kilroy their chamber and Poppy and Snowflake shewing Ruth theirs. Jonas taekt(1) Gina into their bedchamber, and Gina said, “The least you can do is kiss me now we’re here.”

Jonas it, Gina discovered, was only awkward with strangers, and after a kiss that left her breathless and with her senses reeling in anticipation, she realised she couldn’t be a stranger any more. She said in response, “I’ll collect the rest of that later.” They returned to the main living space, and decided to eat at home not in the Refectory. The beds and bedding arrived a bit later and beds were maekt(2) up and positioned according to the children’s wishes. The children drifted back full of things to tell their parents, and by the time food was on the table the family had settled to become normality as far as the five children were concerned. Later with the children in bed Gina and Jonas drank a glass of wine and spake(3) of the future.

After a little while Gina said with a laugh, “Time for bed, Jonas, and you can kiss me properly now.” In the afterglow of an hour of intimacy Gina felt she could now ask, “After that, Jonas, I don’t understand how you could have been so awkward when we first met. How does it work?”

Jonas replied, “I don’t know. I’m just not good with strangers.”

“I shall have to take care you are never in this situation with any strange women then shan’t I?” They both laught, and resumed their much more interesting conversation, both satisfied they had a much better family placement than they had lastday(4) which also secured the future of two more children. Though they said naught to each other of it they both fell asleep hoping Gina would soon be pregnant.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003530

I CAME TO SEE YOU

EVE PATRICIA (28) AND CHESTNUT (26)

30th of Towin Day 3

Patricia had originally been planning on going to the dinner dance, but decided instead to go back to the infirmary. She was an honest woman, particularly with herself, and knew she was going because Chestnut was there, and she wouldn’t have done so had he been married. Chestnut was awake, and eating a light meal with one hand when she went into his chamber. He blushed, and started to apologise for the bruises on her hand, which he had been telt(5) of. She shushed his apologies, and asked him how he was.

“I don’t know. My arm aches, but may hap it would be worse without the herbs. My main concern is how much use shall I have of my arm, and how strong will it be. Do you know?”

“I’m afraid not,” Patricia had replied, “I have little experience of broken bones, but I do know Rook is going to look at your arm nextday(6) forenoon with Falcon, and they will be the best people to ask.”

“Gratitude any hap.” Chestnut said with a shy expression on his face. “I shan’t keep you. I don’t wish to take you from your crafting.”

Patricia blushed, a deep blush that went all the way down over her shoulders, and stuttered, “I’m not on duty. I came to see you.”

Chestnut flusht(7) a little, and said, “Gratitude. Would you like to sit down?” Patricia, still embarrassed by her disclosure of what she hadn’t intended to admit, removed the remains of his meal, and looked for a chair. Seeing none she was reluctant to go gainst(8) everything her training had impressed upon her and sit on the bed, but Chestnut patted the bed at his side with the hand of his good arm, and said, “Sit here.” Patricia felt as if she were a teenager with her first boy when she sat down, breathless, nervous, excited and unsure of herself. She allowed Chestnut to take her hand. He looked at the bruises, and said, “I can’t tell you how unhappy I am for what I doet.”(9)

He kissed her hand, and as she leant forward to allow him to kiss her hand more easily he pulled her towards him, and despite her pregnancy, it were as if she were reëxperiencing those sweet kisses of her first boy so long since. An hour later she was a married woman, and they had decided to put their agreement to the Folk at a Quarterday appearance the following afternoon.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003540

EVERY DAY FOR THIRTY-FIVE YEARS

DINNER THE PASSING OF HAZEL

30th of Towin Day 3

Just before Will left for the early eve Council meeting and dinner, Gale had telt him, “Some of the boys doetn’t(10) like it that George was the squad leader and what he sayt(11) was how it had to be. I doetn’t understand all the profanities, but I can tell you they were more than plentiful. Mercy, that boy could take Buzzard to apprentice. His spaech(12) is already so nearly Folk that I doet understand what he sayt amountet(13) to, ‘I clean dog shit, so you clean dog shit, the only difference is I tell you when to do it. If you don’t like it, that’s fine, go and find some thing else to do else where. If you stay here and don’t do as I tell you I’ll kick the shit out of you and then clean you up.’

“ ‘Now pick up a brush or a shovel while the water boils, and let’s have this place cleant(14) thisday.(15) After we’ve taken the shit to the growers, we’re taking the dogs to the beach to run some fat off them. We’re going to the beach because it’s harder work running on sand. Nextday’s Quarterday, so you all have the day off, but I’d appreciate some help to feed the animals, and starting nextdaynigh,(16) till further notice, we’re working the ferrets and the ratting dogs in the Keep food stores all forenoon, and we’re coursing the running dogs and flying the birds in the afternoon. That way we should catch something whilst the dogs become fit, and we learn how to fly the birds properly. I’ll make sure you all have a day off this tenner as well as Quarterday and at least three days a tenner off once we’ve cleant this shit hole.’ Will, he had his squad running as smoothly as running your hand over a babe’s cotte(17) inside five minutes!”

Will had been laughing softly all the way through Gale’s tale and said, “It looks as if we finally have the kennels in good hands doesn’t it? Early days yet, but very promising, Gale, but I wish you’d given a bit more attention to the profanities, I’ve misst(18) out on half of the fun!” One of Will’s major headaches looked as if it had been solved, and he decided he needed to know George better. If, as seemed possible, George was of his own frame of mind it was only reasonable he should make sure George received all the education he needed to help him become a successful Master huntsman when he taekt the office.

Yew’s dinner that eve was a happy and enjoyable event. The incursion was being dealt with satisfactorily, and the Council and the other Folk most nearly concerned were sensing an easing in the urgency of the situation. They were certainly not as tired as they had been lastday, and Yew and many others had wondered why Gosellyn and Hazel hadn’t been there. The meal was almost over when Gosellyn came in with tears streaming down her face. The diners went silent as a deep sense of foreboding came over them.

Gosellyn stood facing them all from the doorway and said the words of ritual, the words of passing, “My sorrow to announce the passing of Hazel.” Not Mistress Hazel, no craft attribution, just Hazel. Hazel who for so long had had no craft other than being a major force for good in their society, who had outlived her seven children, who it was said by many had maekt a craft out of keeping Yew from making too many mistakes. Kind, generous, acerbic, embarrassed by compliment and no glad sufferer of the flaught,(19) she was gone. They would all miss her. Her last major act had been to assist the absorption into the Folk of most of the incomers, who would never now have the opportunity to know her. Many had tears in their eyes.

Yew stood and said, “We shall bury her on the hill of the Folk.” This was where all notable Castle Folk had been buried for centuries, and not all Lords and Ladies of Castle had been considered notable enough.

“No. We will not!” said Gosellyn loudly and insistently. “She misst and mournt(20) my grandfather Argus, every day for thirty-five years, and we shall bury her beside him.” All knew Hazel was Gosellyn’s grandmother, but many had temporarily forgotten the relationship.

Yew said quietly, “It shall be doen(21) as you will, Mistress.”

He raised his brandy glass high, and said, “Hazel.” All followed suit and drank, deeply.

Saddened, the diners braekt(22) up to go to the dance which they were committed to, but which none of them really had the heart for now. That they had to put a good face on it they knew, any less would have been scorned by Hazel, but oh, how they missed her.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003550

BUBBLES

DINNER DANCE TO MID-EVE JANET (63) AND BLACKDYKE (57)

30th of Towin Day 3

Janet arrived at the Greathall as a great many other people were arriving. Both her escorts left her wishing her a good eve. Bram was awaiting her. He barely recognised her, and said, “I’m to bring you a drink and take you to Campion, Janet. What would you like, still or bubbles, wine or fruit juice, we’ve them in all possible combinations, or something stronger?”

“Still fruit juice please.” Despite the drieth(23) of her mouth, the racing of her heart and the thought that a strong drink may settle her nerves, she thought having a strong drink to be not a good idea.

“I’ll take you to Campion, and I’ll bring your drink straightforth.”

Bram taekt her over towards Campion whom she hadn’t noticed in the crowd, but as Janet espied her, Yew on seeing Janet had maekt his way to her, and before she could spaek(24) said, “My apologies for lastday, Mistress.” She was trying to apologise too, but before she had started, Yew said, “Please, Mistress, bethink yourself naught of it, and enjoy yourself thiseve.”(25) Before she could say another word he had gone. Janet didn’t realise it, but Yew was far more embarrassed than she.

Before Bram and she had reached Campion, Janet could see a huge man and three children with her. She could now hear her heart, and she was sure everybody else in the hall must have been able to too. Putting her best face on it, Janet went to meet the man she was to marry and his children, who she had been telt needed her. Campion handled the introductions saying, “Janet, I should like to introduce Blackdyke and Clover, Swift and Vetch.”

She smiled, the children all said, “Goodeve,” and Swift looked at her with critical and appraising eyes.

“Blackdyke will take you to dinner, and I have arrangt(26) a table for the five of you.”

“You are beautiful. Isn’t she, Dad?” Clover said in awed tones.

Blackdyke who was trying to reconcile what he had been telt of Janet with this elegant and self-possessed looking woman who stood in front of him stammered, “Yes, very.”

He was rescued from further conversation on the matter by Vetch who asked, “What’s for dinner, Dad?”

Janet far from self-possessed, yet determined to brush through the initial difficulties, replied, “I don’t know what’s for dinner, but I do know it won’t be served for another quarter of an hour. Would you like some fruit juice? I believe they have still and juice with bubbles.”

Even Swift was impressed by that and said, “Lingberry(27) juice with bubbles, please, we may, mayn’t we, Dad?” his siblings were nodding vigorously in agreement.

Blackdyke had recovered himself a little and said, “Yes, if they have it, let’s see if we can find some.”

Bram, who had just returned with Janet’s fruit juice, had instructions to assist the couple till they sat down to eat and on hearing the children’s request, said to Blackdyke, “I’ll fetch it, Blackdyke.”

Blackdyke, explaining the children’s eagerth,(28) said in quiet tones, “They all like lingberry juice, but aught with bubbles is a rare treat, would you like another, Janet?”

“No, thank you, I’ve barely started on this one, but if you would like something don’t let me stop you.”

“No, but I’ll take a glass of red with dinner.”

When Bram came back, to the children’s delight, he had a tray with a large clear glass jug and three tall glasses on it, and they could see the bubbles rising through the pink juice in the jug. Bram asked them, “Shall I take you to your table? The kitcheners(29) will be chasing folk to sit down so they can commence serving in a few minutes.”

Blackdyke looked at Janet questioningly, and she replied saying, as though it were the most natural thing for her to say, “Please, it will give us a minute to settle the children.”

As Bram escorted them to the table sweeping children and tray up before him, Blackdyke hung back a little and said to Janet, “Is this difficult for you, Janet?”

Janet replied, “It’s not easy. I’ve never been in this situation before.”

“I have,” Blackdyke said, “Once. It wasn’t easy then, and it’s no easier now. I’ll do my best not to embarrass you, but I can’t make any promises on behalf of the children. They promisst(30) to be good, but they tend to say exactly what they’re thinking.”

Janet warmed even more to this man, who she remembered had been twice widowered, and said, “Let me worry about the children, Blackdyke, and I’ll try not to embarrass you either.”

By the time they reached the table, Bram had the children seated and had poured their juice. The children were enjoying the juice, but even more were fascinated by the bubbles in the remaining juice in the jug, “Where do they come from and where do they go to, Dad?” asked Vetch.

“I don’t know. Do you, Janet?”

“No,” she replied, “but there are some things it is better to wonder about than to know about. Then you can imagine anything. Knowing spoils all the fun.”

“I’d still like to know,” Vetch said thoughtfully.

The diners started to fill the tables, and within minutes most were seated and the kitcheners had started to serve. The marine soup(31) was lightly spiced and delicious, and Swift said to Janet, “My uncle collects these,” pointing to one of the shellfish in the soup. “He was Mum’s brother.”

Blackdyke looked stricken at this, but Janet calmly said, “Do you think he collected these then?”

“Possibly, what bethink you, Dad?”

Blackdyke was grateful for Janet’s understanding, and the easing of what, for him, had been a difficult moment said, “Probably, but it’s possible one of the foragers harvestet(32) them.”

“I bethink me they taste better if your uncle collectet(33) them,” Vetch said to Janet.

“Don’t be flaught.(34) How can that make any difference?” Clover telt him argumentatively.

Janet, sensing a sibling spat coming, said calmly, “I think they certainly don’t taste any better for arguing about it.”

Recognising the unmistakable voice of authority, the two glared at each other for a few moments before finishing their soup. The busy kitcheners soon had the soup bowls removed, and their main course on the table. Janet and Blackdyke had both chosen venison and Blackdyke had chosen the same for the children. The venison was ready sliced and plated on exceedingly hot plates with rowan and wild apple sauce, which impressed the children, and the vegetables were in large tureens with, as Vetch put it, “The biggest spoons in the whole of Castle.”

Blackdyke served the vegetables, and Vetch, who was sitting between Janet and Clover, hesitantly asked Janet, “Will you cut my meat please? I’m not good yet with my knife,” he looked berount(35) and admitted, “and I don’t wish make a mess and look flaught.”

“Of course. That’s very sensible of you, Vetch.” Vetch smiled gratefully. “Would you like help too, Clover?”

“I’ll help Clover,” said Swift.

The meal was enjoyed, and Janet was impressed not just by the table manners of the children, but by their manners altogether. By the time pudding was being served Janet had had enough and said, “Not for me please, Blackdyke,” and in an aside to the children, “I’m so full I may go pop and burst.”

The children giggled at the idea and Vetch, ever the questioning one, said, “How?”

Janet wise by now to the ways of dealing with Vetch said, “That’s another of those things it’s best not to know.”

The children ate their pinkstem(36) and ceël(37) pudding with cream topped with crushed toasted gær(38) nuts, and Clover declared, “This is absolutely the bestest(39) proper dinner I ever goent(40) to, ever!”

Blackdyke laught fondly, and said, “It’s the only one you ever goent to, my girl.”

“I know, but that matter’s naught in regard to it,(41) Dad. It’s still the bestest.”

The spiced leaf, usually only served after eve meals, arrived with pennyroyals(42) which were on tiny, tiny plates which on closer inspection Janet recognised as half scallop shells, and the grownupth(43) of it all overawed the children. The meal cleared away, the kitcheners began to rearrange the hall for the dancing to begin. Blackdyke, Janet and the children sat together, and chatted of generalities for a few minutes. When they heard the musicians tuning up, Clover said excitedly, “Dancing! Come on you two let’s find partners. Dad?”

“Off you go,” replied Blackdyke, and the three ran off in the direction of the group of youngsters who were congregating together on the far side of the hall near the musicians. Janet watched Clover approach a taller boy and immediately insert herself between the boy and a group of girls who were also approaching him. Blackdyke chuckled and knowing Janet had observed the incident said, “The tall boy is Mangel, Clover wishes to be heartfrienden(44) with him. The boys tell me he would like it too, but, despite his age, he is four years older than she, Clover makes him nervous. She’s probably been waiting for an opportunity like this to bring matters to a close, so she won’t have to keep all the other girls away from him. I suspect you already know why she makes him nervous?”

“Yes. She does seem to be a strong minded little girl. How will she keep the other girls away, Blackdyke?”

“Once they are heartfrienden, he’s hers and not available. The others will respect that. It’ll be known if they are seen holding hands. Only heartfriends or syskonen(45) hold hands.” Blackdyke flusht and added, “May hap these things are a bit easier at that age.”

Janet smiled and put her hand on Blackdyke’s arm, “Maybe, but I suspect not. They’re probably just different.” Janet had not been surprised at Clover wanting to dance, but had been by her brothers being equally excited and said to Blackdyke, “The boys seemed keen to dance.”

“All youngsters are. They’ll even dance with no music.” Seeing the puzzled expression on her face he said, “I take it it’s not that way whence you come?”

“Yes,” she said, “or not at any rate with boys.”

Blackdyke asked, “Would like to dance, Janet?”

“Yes, I should, but you’ll have to shew me the steps.”

“I’m too big to be a good dancer,” he said, “But I’ll do my best.”

He was a better dancer than he had led her to believe, and she was light on her feet. They danced three, and then decided to sit a few out. They had collected a fruit juice on their way back to where they were sitting and were chatting of dancing when after twenty minutes or so the children returned, for the first set of dances had finished and a group of singers were singing on the dais with audience participation. Clover breathlessly asked, “Florence sayt now you and Dad have dancet(46) together you’re our mum. Is she right? Are you our mum now?”

There was a longing in the little girl’s voice, and her brothers were silent. Clover had been elected to ask. Blackdyke was crimson, and the expression on his face was one of mortification, but it also conveyed I doet warn you. Janet said calmly, “I should like that, but you haven’t given your father and me enough time to discuss it properly. Now you go and enjoy the singing and the second set of dances, and give us the time we need to sort things out, off you go.” Turning to Blackdyke she said, “I told you to let me worry about the children. They haven’t upset me at all.” She continued quietly, “But I need to know whether you want me as their mother, which I can accept, or as your wife, and mother to your children.”

Blackdyke went even brighter, but was steady in his reply, “I wish you as my wife and mother to our children, Janet, and I am asking you to be my wife.”

“I’d like that too. I accept. Now that’s settled when should the children be in bed?”

Blackdyke, considerably more settled, replied, “It’s quarter to ten now. Let them dance a while longer, the second set will finish nigh to half twelve. They’ll be back then. They won’t be able to stay away, and then I’ll take them home.” He flusht on realising what he had said, and continued, “That is, we’ll take them home. Shall we?”

“Yes, we’ll take them home. Half twelve seems late for children their age, Blackdyke.”

“What we call half twelve is half to twelve which is I believe half past eleven to you. When the first set of songs is over would you like to dance again, Janet?”

“Please, and thank you for the explanation of the time, Blackdyke.”

The second set of dances commenced, and Janet and Blackdyke danced six more. She was overwhelmed by the possessivth(47) of the way he now held her, for none had ever considered her that way before, and for the first time in her life she felt womanly enough to be desirable to a man.

“As I suspected,” Blackdyke motioned Janet to look across the dance floor. There she saw Clover and Mangel holding hands chatting with a large group of children.

“What are the implications of being heartfriends, Blackdyke?”

Blackdyke explained in detail, and Janet considered his explanations to be indicative of a caring society. She thought had she been born here she would probably have had a much better life. Had she managed a boyfriend at Clover’s age her life would certainly have been better, for her figure wouldn’t have had the effect on her that it had. The only real surprise to her was that Mangel would now be considered one of her and Blackdyke’s children too as Clover would be considered one of Mangel’s mother’s. Honesty his mother, Blackdyke informed her, was a widow with three sons of who Mangel was the eldest. As he had predicted it wasn’t long before the children were back, and they stood in front of the two of them just waiting.

Janet said, “I’ll have to borrow a coat, Blackdyke, for I didn’t come in one.”

Blackdyke said, “Mine will trail on the ground a bit on you, but it’s not far, and I’ll be warm enough without one. You lot put your coats on, and we’ll take your mum home.”

The children ran to Janet, and threw their arms berount her, Clover saying, “I’m so glad. Florence is going to be so jealous I have such a beautiful mum.”

“Come on,” said Blackdyke, “time to go. It will be nigh to midnight when we reach home.”

The children, after being helped into their coats, giggled as their father’s coat buried Janet, but they left all feeling cheerful. The children, unaware of the complexities of adult relationships, only saw they now had a mum, which to the children of the Folk was an important matter involving not only love and care, but status within their peer group too. Blackdyke realised the care he had taken so far with this woman from so far away, who he gathered had suffered so much and had never known a man, was as naught to the care he was going to have to shew in the next two or three hours, and Janet realised she had maekt commitments to the children she couldn’t possibly braek(48) without hating herself forever, and to a man who was vulnerable and caring, but whom she knew she was going to share a bed with thisnight(49) at what ever cost to herself. She was excited, terrified and full of love all at the same time, and her lack of any emotional experience at all meant she wasn’t aware it was a combination most experienced at some point in their lifes,(50) oft several times in their lifes.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00003560

A CHILDLESS WIDOW OF FORTY

DINNER DANCE TO BEDTIME CLARY (40) & BRENDAN (48)

30th of Towin Day 3

Brendan was a forty-eight year old bachelor whose work had taken him all over the world. He had never had time to meet any one and establish a family, and he had come to regret it, but had thought it was too late for him now. He had then arrived on Castle. He was an intelligent man and realised this was an opportunity for a new life, to settle and rear a family. He had been introduced to a number of women at the dinner dance the eve before, most of them folkbirtht(51) but a few newfolk too, but despite his repeated attempts to find a wife he hadn’t managed to establish any kind of rapport with any of them.

At the second dance, a junior member of the Master at arms staff had introduced him to Clary after the dinner, and he had asked her to dance. Neither of them were terribly good dancers, but they enjoyed themselfs,(52) and more to the point they enjoyed each other’s company. He knew the Folk were blunt, and he was wondering how to explore a relationship with Clary, who had telt him she was a widow of forty, but she had never had any children. She was a small plump vivacious woman with an elegant way of dressing her hair that maekt her look younger than her forty years.

She telt him, “I have been telt you are seeking a wife. I am seeking a man. I have had two men before, and never had any children, so I doubt if I can. I grew up with brothers, and I should like to adopt a pair of girl children. I should like them as young as possible to experience a family from as close to the beginning as possible. Do I and my desires interest you?”

Brendan was interested in Clary and her ideas of a family, and replied, “I am more than interested.” He telt her of the life he had led, and how he had come to believe his erstwhile lifestyle had been a mistake, and of his subsequent regrets. He telt her how he was glad he had come to Castle with its opportunity for a new life, this time as a family man. He then asked her, “I know I have to find a job, a craft that is, but I shall find something I know. Despite my lack of a craft yet will you marry me?”

Clary who was happy with the idea of marrying Brendan said, “Yes, I wish to be your wife, so if you agree I am.”

Brendan, though he had just proposed was still a bit taken aback by the speed with which a marriage could be maekt, agreed. Clary asked, “My kin are poultry crafters, and more crafters are always well come. If you wish you could join us as a poultry crafter, but just because you are my man doesn’t mean you have to. Of course you could always cross craft and do something else too.” Brendan after considerable thought decided for the meantime he would like to join her kin’s craft. They left the dance before it finally finished, and holding hands they went back to Clary’s chamber. They were both still a little ill at ease with each other, and the first time they maekt love they did so very self consciously. However, the second time, they maekt love as if they were a long married couple much to both of their satisfactions. They slept holding hands.

Index of significant characters so far listed by Chapter

1 Introduction
2 Jacques de Saint d’Espéranche
3 The Folk and the Keep
4 Hwijje, Travisher, Will
5 Yew, Allan, Rowan,Siskin, Will, Thomas, Merle, Molly, Aaron, Gareth, Oak, Abigail, Milligan, Basil, Vinnek, Iris, Margæt, Gilla, Alsike, Alfalfa, Gibb, Happith, Kroïn, Mako, Pilot, Briar, Gosellyn, Gren, Hazel
6 Chaunter, Waxwing, Flame, João, Clansaver, Irune, Ceël, Barroo, Campion, Limpet, Vlæna, Xera, Rook, Falcon, Cwm, Sanderling, Aldeia, Catarina, Coast, Elixabete,
7Mercedes, Spoonbill
8 Lyllabette, Yoomarrianna
9 Helen, Duncan, Gosellyn, Eudes, Abigail
10 George/Gage, Iris, Waverley, Belinda
11 Marc/Marcy, Pol
12 George/Gage, Marcy, Freddy/Bittern, Weyland, Iris, Bling
13 Thomas, Will, Mercedes, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna
14 Kyle, Thomas, Will, Angélique
15 Mercedes, Morgelle, Gorse, Thrift, George/Gage, Chris, Iris, Thrift, Campion
16 Bling
17 Waverley, Mr. E
18 George/Gage, Larch, Mari, Ford, Gorse, Morgelle, Luke, Erin
19 Will, Pilot, Yew, Geoge/Gage, Mari, Ford, Gosellyn, Cwm, Cerise, Filbert, Gareth, Duncan, Helen, Thomas, Iris, Plume, Campion, Pim, Rook, Falcon, João, Hare
20 Yew, Rowan, Will, Thomas, Siskin, Weir, Grayling, Willow
21 Brook, Harrier, Cherry, Abby, Selena, Borage, Sætwæn, Fiona, Fergal
22 Yew, Thomas, Hazel, Rowan, Gosellyn, Siskin, Will, Lianna, Duncan
23 Tench, Knawel, Claire, Oliver, Loosestrife, Bramling, George, Lyre, Janice, Kæn, Joan, Eric
24 Luke, Sanderling, Ursula, Gervaise, Mike, Spruce, Moss
25 Janet, Vincent, Douglas, Alec, Alice
26 Pearl, Merlin, Willow, Ella, Suki, Tull, Irena
27 Gina, Hardy, Lilac, Jessica, Teal, Anna
28 Bryony, Judith, Bronwen, Farsight
29 Muriel, Raquel, Grace
30 Catherine, Crane, Snipe, Winifred, Dominique, Ferdinand
31 Alma, Allan, Morris, Miranda
32 Dabchick, Nigel
33 Raquel, Thistle, Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Phœbe
34 Eleanor, Woad, Catherine, Crane
35 Muriel, Hail, Joan, Breve, Eric, Nell, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
36 Selena,Sætwæn, Borage, Grace, Gatekeeper, Raquel, Thistle
37 Siân, Mackerel, Winifred, Obsidian
38 Car;a, Petrel, Alkanet, Ferdinand
39 Dominique, Oxlip, Alma, Allan, Tress, Bryony
40 Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Ella, Kestrel, Judith, Storm
41 Ella, Kestrel, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane
42 Weights & Measures and Sunrise & Sunset Times included in Ch 41
43 Ella, Kestrel, Serenity, Smile, Gwendoline, Rook, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane, Sapphire, Mere
44 Pearl, Merlin, Rainbow, Perch, Joan, Breve, Truth, Rachael, Hedger, Ruby, Deepwater
45 Janet, Blackdyke, Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster
46 Janet, Gina, Alastaire, Joan, Breve, Truth, Bræth, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
47 The Squad, Mercedes, Fen, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
48 Bronwen, Forest, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Kathleen, Niall, Bluebell, Sophie
49 Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster, Imogen, Wryneck, Phœbe, Knapps
50 Erin, Nightjar, Eleanor, Woad
51 Gina, Jonas, Janet, Gerald, Patrick, Tansy, Craig, Barret, Ryan
52 Constance, Rye, Bling, Bullace, Berry, Jimmy, Leveret, Rory, Shelagh, Silas
53 Rachael, Hedger, Eve, Gilla, Mallard, Fiona, Fergal, Tinder, Nightingale, Fran, Dyker
54 Pamela, Mullein, Patricia, Chestnut, Lavinia, Ophæn, Catherine, Crane
55 Susan, Kingfisher, Janet, Gina, Jonas, Ruth, Kilroy, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew

Word usage Key

1 Taekt, took.
2 Maekt, made.
3 Spake, spoke.
4 Lastday, yesterday.
5 Telt, told.
6 Nextday, tomorrow.
7 Flusht, flushed.
8 gainst, against.
9 Doet, did pronounced dote.
10 Doetn’t, didn’t pronounced dough-ent.
11 Sayt, said.
12 Spaech, speech.
13 Amountet, amounted.
14 Cleant, cleaned.
15 Thisday, today
16 Nextdaynigh, the day after tomorrow.
17 Cotte, Folk word for a female bottom, male is cot. Both words are respectable and uest by all. Both derive from apricot which like buttocks have a defined cleft. The default is the feminine, like most but not all Folk words. Cotte would be uest for example as here for a babe of unspecified sex.
18 Misst, missed.
19 The flaught, a noun in this context the fools or fools.
20 Mournt, mourned.
21 Doen, done.
22 Braekt, broke.
23 Drieth, dryness.
24 Spaek, speak.
25 Thiseve, this evening.
26 Arrangt, arranged.
27 Lingberry, lingon related to cranberry:Vaccinium vitis-idaea.
28 Eagerth, eagerness.
29 Kitchener, though part of the kitchen staff the kitcheners are a distinct craft comprising kitchen supervisors and their staff of servers, waiters, dish washers and storekeepers.
30 Promisst, promissed.
31 Marine soup, a popular spicy shellfish and ocean leaf soup whose exact composition is variable according to seasonal availability of ingredients. Ocean leaf is a generic term for edible seaweed.
32 Harvestet, harvested.
33 Collectet, collected.
34 Flaught, an adjective in this context silly or foolish
35 Berount, around.
36 Pinkstem, Rhubarb.
37 Ceël, pronounced sea + ell, (si:ɛl), a small sweet pear-like fruit unique to Castle, often dried and powdered unripe as a vanilla like flavouring.
38 Gær, a highly aromatic spice, both nut and bark are uest, gær is unique to Castle and tastes and smells vaguely like cinnamon or cassia, (geir).
39 Bestest, a childish super superlative, it is not standard Folk.
40 Goent, went.
41 That matter’s naught in regard to it. Folk expression equivalent to ‘That is beside the point.’
42 Pennyroyals, a mint flavoured confection.
43 Grownupth, grownupness.
44 Heartfrienden, heartfriended, verb indicating being and having a heartfriend. Heartfriend, a relationship of much more significance than being a girl- or boy-friend is on Earth. Oft such relationships are formed from as young as four and they are taken seriously by both children and adults. A child’s heartfriend is automatically one of their heartfriend’s parents’ children too, and a sibling to their heartfriend’s siblings. Such relationships rarely fail and are seen as precursors to becoming intendet and having agreement.
45 Syskonen, siblings. Singular is syskon.
46 Dancet, danced.
47 Posessivth, Posessiveness.
48 Braek, break.
49 Thisnight, tonight.
50 Lifes, lives.
51 Folkbirtht, Folk born.
52 Themselfs, themselves.

up
18 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos