Castle The Series - 0063 Honesty & Peter, Fishing Partners, Siobhan & Scout, Jodie

Printer-friendly version

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004190

I NEED THE HAND OF A MAN

AFTERNOON SECOND QUARTERDAY HONESTY (32) AND PETER (41 nc)

Word Usage Key is at the end. The brackets after a character e.g. CLAIRE (4 nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old and a character not encountered before. Ages of incomers are in Earth years at this point and of Folk in Castle years. (4 Folk yrs ≈ 5 Earth yrs. l is lunes, t is tenners.)

1st of Chent Day 4

Gareth recognised the woman who was next on the platform. She was a young-looking woman of thirty-two accompanied by three boys aegt(1) five, seven and ten. She was small, a couple of wiedths(2) over five feet, and the ten year old was already her highth.(3) She was an attractive, plump woman with her dark hair in ringlets, and she had an enormous bosom scarcely confined by her apron. Her figure spake of a taste for sweet things, and the gleam in her eye of a taste for others. She addresst(4) the crowd, “I am Honesty Mistress pastry cook. I loes(5) my man, Salmon, last year. He was one of Will’s huntsmen and he was killt(6) by a boar. He was a good man who givn(7) me three good sons. My eldest is ten and will be coming to his apprenticeship soon. They’re good boys, but as with all boys, they need the hand of a man,” she smiled coquettishly, “as do I.”

The crowd roared laughing with her. “I mournt(8) my man as is proper. I miss him still, but life has to continue, and for myself I wish a man in my bed, and I should like a daughter.” The crowd sighed with sympathy when she said, as a matter of fact, she wished a man in her bed and a daughter. They understood what she was saying. It was just a matter of being human. She continued, “I’d like to bear a daughter to my man, but I am going to the Keep later thisday(9) to offer a place to a girl child whether I find a man or no.” This was a strong willed young woman who knew what she wished and wasn’t afeart(10) to say so. “I work a rood of land at the Grounds and I enjoy working it. With a man double or more could be workt.(11) I have ten hens with a cockerel. I can feed myself and my own with a little left over for barter or sale. I should like a man who would work it with me in friendship and joy.” She was saying she wished a companionable man as well as a husband. “I should like to grow a little barley, so a man who can make beer would be an asset.”

The crowd nodded in approval. This was more typical of an appearance and what the Folk were uest(12) to, negotiation. The smith’s appearance was a romance, a high drama, but an unusual appearance. “I can sew and mend, and I wish a man who can fix and fettle.” She was saying I am a woman of some little substance and some talent, and I won’t consider any man who is not of equal substance.

Gareth again spake the traditional words, “You have hearet(13) the words of Mistress pastry cook Honesty. If any wish to respond let them come and be hearet.”

There was some commotion mongst(14) the group of incomers, and encouraged by Raoul, a tall balding man in his early forties moved to the steps and went onto the platform. He said, “My name is Peter. I have worked for years doing things that are of no value here. I have had many relationships with women, but none of them lasted any length of time. The women were shallow, as was I.” The crowd was interested. Incomers were always of interest to the Folk, and this one was brutally realistic regards himself. Many such in the past had come to be some of Castle’s foremost and most respected citizens, but some had not.

“I never had any children, and I am glad to be here, but I am worried about my prospects. When I was younger, I made some furniture, a chair and a small table. Just one of each you understand. I don’t wish to overstate my achievements. I enjoyed doing that, and I believe they were of reasonable quality, not excellent nor even good, but reasonable. I have always enjoyed being able to mend some of my own things, and I believe I could become better at it. I never had what I considered to be a worthwhile place in my world, but I believe I could have one here. Mistress pastry cook, you offer what I should like. I should be a willing help to you on your plot, though as yet I know nothing of growing things. I do understand the theory of making beer, and if someone would be willing to offer advice I believe I could do it. I have been told it is not particularly difficult.

I should like to make furniture, but herein lies my problem. I have no tools, nor any where to work. The Master at arms staff tell me some help could be available, but I don’t know what that means. As for the hand of a man, I think what you are saying is your boys need a father. I should like to be their father. I should also like to go to the Keep later with you for a daughter. I do know if the hand of a man is what you require, that I would enjoy providing you with.” The crowd roared at this, and Honesty smiled encouragingly at him. At the least, this was a man with a sense of humour that matched her own, and for sure he was no braggart. Peter continued, “Another daughter we could work for.” At this the crowd smiled, smiled not laught for this was back to serious matters, a woman always needed daughters. “I am not sure whether I have enough to offer to make you consider me seriously, but it is a serious offer.”

An elderly man walking with the aid of an elegantly carved blackthorn stick stepped to the front of the platform, “I am Abel the boatmaker.” There were many nods of acknowledgement in the crowd wondering what was coming next. “My older brother and I were partners. He dien(15) two winters over, and I don’t like working alone. You seem to be a sensible man, Peter. I have wood working tools and a boatshed on the Little Arder bank. You could work with me making your chairs whilst I make and repair boats. You may not need any settlement grant from the Master at arms, and it’s always better to start with no obligations. You can use my tools and make any others you need. I have no children nor family and I am now an old man. If you agree to have a care to me when I need it I shall gift you all I have.” The old man was saying he would adopt Peter as his son and heir. “And I make my own beer.”

A voice in the crowd shouted, “But it’s not good beer. I’ll teach you if you like.” The crowd looked berount(16) to see who had shouted, and a young man in his early twenties almost ran up the steps of the platform. “I am Joseph son of Joseph the brew Master. I am prepaert(17) to provide the equipment and any materials you will need and teach you how to use them in return for a special chair for my mother who has the joint ail. All normal chairs are too low for her to sit down on or rise from without help, and she would appreciate the independence an appropriate chair would give her.”

Peter hesitated deep in thought. Honesty hoped he was going to accept Abel’s offer because that would give him a placement comparable with hers and make him eligible, and she had maekt(18) her mind up concerning Peter. “What are you going to do?” she asked him. His reluctance to make the commitment regarding Abel’s old age initially caused her serious concern, but then she remembered he was an incomer and he wouldn’t have the Folk’s sense of the Castle Way. His anxious face as he looked at hers maekt her realise it was a reluctance to commit to Abel on her behalf rather than on his that was the problem. That put her concerns to rest because she knew the matter would be acceptably resolved.

“I want to accept Abel’s offer, but—”

Before Peter had finished Honesty interrupted indignantly, “If Abel is your father he’s my father, and of course we shall have a care to him if the time comes he needs it. Father Abel,” Honesty waved Abel over to herself and Peter saying, “we should be pleast(19) to have a grandfather for our children.” As Abel crossed the platform, she turned to Peter, “I wish a man who can brew beer. If you chose to deal with Joseph that’s a matter for you to decide. It is a matter of your craft. I am a pastry cook not a chair maker nor a brewer. Shew me your hands.” The crowd roared with laughter again as, such that it could be seen by all, she held the palms of his hands to her substantial breasts and telt(20) him, “You’ll do.” She taekt(21) Peter by the hand to the three boys who held back a little and said, “Boys, meet your father.”

The youngest came forward and asked, “Will you take me fishing?”

“If you like, but you will have to teach me. I never went fishing before,” Peter replied. That braekt(22) the ice, the three boys were all excitedly vying for Peter’s attention to explain how to fish.

Abel came over to the boys, and said, “So you are my grandsons. I like fishing.” The boys were much more at ease with Abel than they were with Peter, but they were clearly glad to have a father, and a grandfather who had a fishing boat was a major bonus.

Peter shouted across the platform to Joseph, “We can talk later. Yes?”

With a, “Certainly,” Joseph left the platform. Honesty, inserting herself between Peter and his sons, kissed him in full view of the crowd in a way that left no doubt in any’s mind that her appearance had resolved her requirements.

Gareth coughed, and the couple braekt apart, “If you would, Mistress.”

Honesty said, “My gratitude to the Folk for listening,” and left with her family.

When they reached the bottom of the steps, Abel telt the couple with a great deal of pride and purpose in his voice, “I’ll take my grandsons to the Gather now, and we’ll go fishing in the early eve. You two go to the Keep, and bring my granddaughter back with you. You don’t need to hurry. I’m sure you have a lot to discuss.” With that he winked slowly at Peter and Honesty who were still holding hands and taekt the boys off in the direction of one of the stalls selling confectionery, much to their approval. As it dawned on Honesty what Abel was implying her air of confidence evaporated, and she blushed from her face at least as far down as her apron allowed Peter to see.

Peter, somewhat heartened by the realisation his wife was as nervous as he, whispered to Honesty, “We could walk the long way to the Keep, and make a start on that other matter, Wife.”

Honesty, still blushing fiercely, turned to face him, taekt hold of his other hand too, kissed that one and pressed the other to her bosom, and said in a quiet voice, “I should like that, Husband.”

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004200

FISHING PARTNERS

AFTERNOON SECOND QUARTERDAY KELL AND DEAL

1st of Chent Day 4

A man in his early fifties went up the steps and turned to address the crowd, “I am Kell, a fisherman. My partner left to work the land on a holding, and I need a partner.” He held up his hands which were twisted with the joint ail. “I can no longer mend the nets without pain. Any partner must be able to do that. In the season I live with my wife, Primrose, on Samar Isle where we live with the sheepherds(23) in the house as temporary grandparents to their children. We shall of course provide food and a chamber, and I have all the tools needet(24) for both myself and a partner. Someone who can sing or play an instrument would make the eves more pleasant. During the calter(25) times we live at the Keep and I maintain equipment.”

Gareth yet again spake the traditional words. “You have hearet the words of Master fisherman Kell. If any wish to respond let them come and be hearet.”

A young man in his late twenties came to spaek,(26) “I am Deal. I have fisht(27) before, and I know how to mend nets. I need two years work to enable me to pay for a boat for myself and marry. I should be willing, but only for two years, and I would appreciate the food and chamber. I can’t sing, but am a passable fiddil(28) player.”

Kell said, “Gratitude for your honesty, Deal. I believe we’ve some things to discuss, craft partner. My gratitude to the Folk for listening.” The pair left.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004210

NOWHERE OTHER THAN OUR OWN BED

AFTERNOON SECOND QUARTERDAY SIOBHAN (38 nc) AND SCOUT (38)

1st of Chent Day 4

After Siobhan had arrived on Castle, it had taken her a day to realise it was all real and there was no going back. After which she had started to think deeply concerning her previous life. She had left four children between the ages of eighteen and twelve. She knew she wouldn’t miss her husband Malcolm, he hadn’t even been a habit any longer, but her feelings for her children were much more difficult for her to come to terms with. She had enjoyed being pregnant and nursing them, but Malcolm had rapidly started to exert a much greater influence on them than she. Her eighteen year old son had become a clone of his father, and the others were all starting to behave similarly. Even her youngest had become somewhat disdainful of her mother by the age of ten. It was hard for her to accept she didn’t like her own children and she was happy at the prospect of a life without them.

That she felt a sense of spiteful joy at the irony of Malcolm having to rear the children he had so successfully alienated from her, which he would find so inconvenient, had made her feel disgusted with herself, when she wasn’t savouring it that was. That she could feel so malevolent towards any hurt and shocked her. However, she had decided she was not going to make the same mistake twice. She had started working for Malcolm as a florist in one of his six flower shops just after leaving school. After six months of going out together he had asked her to marry him, and infatuated with him, she had accepted his proposal.

Malcolm was a wealthy and a good-looking man, but there it ended. She had a high and active libido, and Malcolm hadn’t even been able to begin to keep her satisfied. Their wedding night had been an unmitigated disaster. Malcolm was small to the point of non-existence, her sons had been bigger at birth, and despite her best efforts he had been unable to perform. His almost non-existent manhood and equally non-existent libido had eventually driven her into a continual series of extramarital affairs. Malcolm knew of her affairs, and didn’t care enough to do anything. She was reasonably certain he was the father of all four of her children, but not entirely so since she had often wondered how he had managed to impregnate her four times.

To preserve her marriage, Siobhan had tried to persuade him to seek help. She knew there were hormone medications available to men who had lost their testicles, due to war injuries or cancer, which enabled them to be happily married, and she had made sure Malcolm had had enough information, so if he had wanted to he could at least have made enquiries. Whilst not caring enough to maintain his marriage he had cared enough to turn the children against her, and unlike her he had the money to be able to do it. Now she thought it was his turn to pick up the bill and invest some time into his children.

This time she decided she wished a man who would enjoy satisfying her. She hadn’t enjoyed her affairs. The sleazy elements that went with them had always distressed her. She wasn’t a slut. She had a need her husband should have satisfied, and he hadn’t even attempted to. This time she’d make sure he did. He would have to be young enough to be able to do so, but other than that she wasn’t concerned with his age. She wasn’t concerned with status either. She’d had that and little joy it had given her. As long as he crafted, and she knew everyone did on Castle, that would do. She knew she wasn’t concerned with looks either. Malcolm had been decidedly good-looking, and she ended up having to sleep with most of his friends and colleagues just to remain sane.

She concluded she wished a man with a high libido, who was adequately endowed, who had, or wished to have, children, and she also wished to be sure any future children she had were his. She didn’t have a problem with sex before marriage, but she did believe in marriage, and had never considered divorcing or leaving Malcolm, so she was going to sleep with any she considered marrying before committing herself to anything, and she was quite prepared to say so publicly. Life was too short to make the same mistake twice. She was a brunette with an attractive face, and whilst not buxom she considered her bosom to be generous, though she admitted her figure had suffered a little due to gravity and having had four children, but all in all she thought she was in good shape for a woman of thirty-eight who’d nursed her children and her chances of attracting a new husband were reasonable.

She met several men at the dinner dances before Quarterday, but none were potential husbands for her, so she had decided to make an appearance and see what that produced. She had taken advice from the Master at arms staff, and she’d familiarised herself with the procedure.

On Quarterday she went to the front of the platform and feeling perfectly calm she started, “My name is Siobhan. I am thirty-eight, and I have joined the woodworkers as a basket maker. I am looking for a man. I have left a husband and four older children behind me, and I know it sounds awful to say it, but he was no loss. He managed to turn my children against me, and no matter how hard I try I can’t make myself miss them either. That has been hard for me to accept, and harder still to admit to strangers, but nowhere near as hard as it was to admit it to myself in the first place. My husband was a man with a small manhood and an even smaller interest in me. I am a woman who needs a man in my bed, and because he was not interested I spent a lot of time in other men’s beds. I didn’t want to, but I was driven to it. I don’t ever want to be in that situation again.

I want a man who will give me no reason to go any where other than our own bed, and I want to make sure any man I marry can do that before I commit myself to anything. I want to have children, and I want there to be no doubt as to who is their father. I should be happy to marry a man with or without children. I didn’t like what I thought of myself, and I don’t ever want to have to think those things again.” The Folk were listening intently to this incomer who they recognised was a strong willed woman who had suffered and who had no intention of suffering any longer. That she recognised her faults, as well as her strongths,(29) they had naught but admiration for, and they all hoped she would find a suitable man.

Gareth yet again spake the traditional words. “You have hearet the words of Mistress basket maker Siobhan. If any wish to respond let them come and be hearet.”

A short, heavily-built, dark man with a broad smile, a heavy growth of blue stubble and a missing front tooth came to the front of the platform. Siobhan was glad to notice the signs he had taken in all the details of what he was looking at when he eyed her up, and down too, which she thought boded at the least serious interest. In a light baritone, a voice at odds with his heavy appearance, he said, “I am Scout, and I am seeking a wife. I too am thirty-eight, and I loes my wife and her unbirtht(30) babe to the fevers. I am a member of the miner’s craft, but unlike most craft miners I cross craft at the Keep with the smiths making mining equipment and tools. I wish a wife to have a care to and children too.”

He hesitated momentarily before adding, “I’m a man who needs a woman.” Siobhan thought that all sounded hopeful, and though she was not entirely sure what to make of Scout’s last remark it did sound promising. “Other than that I have no special requirements.” Scout smiled engagingly and said, “Mistress Siobhan, no doubt you will wish to discover for yourself, but I am of a goodly size, and as I telt you I am a man who needs a woman, and I shall return your honesty. I am a man who needs a woman oft. I consider it no more than reasonable you wish to check the quality of the goods in advance, and I suggest we go to the dinner dance thiseve(31) before you do so.”

Siobhan laught and said, “Yes, let’s dance, and I shall want to check the quality of the goods, and if everything is satisfactory, what then? Are we married?”

“Yes, indeed, if everything is satisfactory we shall be marryt(32) because we’ve agreen(33) to it in the sight of the Folk.”

The crowd had enjoyed Siobhan’s appearance. It had all the elements of what they considered important, brutal self-honesty, bargaining and the added dimensions of humour and human need. That the need was sexual was interesting, but not particularly significant. After all sex was as necessary to existence as food, drink and warmth.

Siobhan, as instructed, turned to the crowd and said, “I thank the Folk for listening.” She added, “And I hope to be married this time nextday.”(34) She reached for Scout, and kissing him with more than a little enthusiasm waved to the crowd as they left the platform to the considerable cheers of the crowd which wished them both both joy and good fortune.

Siobhan and Scout left the dance that eve at half to midnight, and Siobhan was delighted to discover Scout was not, in his words, of a goodly size. In her opinion he was of a prodigious size. For the first time in her life she enjoyed making love with no suggestion of sleaze, and with a man who was simply enjoying her as opposed to enjoying someone else’s wife.

There was naught inadequate regarding Scout’s stamina either, and he admitted to her three hours later, “You have no idea how good it feels to be totally satisfyt.”(35)

“Oh yes, I have,” she said.

“Are we marryt then?” Scout asked her with a grin.

“Yes, we are, and you have no idea how good it feels to be totally satisfied and know I have a right to be because it was my own man who satisfied me.”

“You are probably right,” Scout conceded. He thought for a few seconds and asked, “What of children? We could adopt some from the crèche. There are children who need parents. How do you feel regards doing that, and then almost certainly becoming pregnant too?”

Siobhan didn’t hesitate, “Let’s go to the crèche. At the rate we’re going at the moment I’ll be pregnant soon if not already, and the idea fills me with joy. How do you feel about that, Scout?” In reply Scout fondled her breasts, kissed her thoroughly and then met her requirements again.

When they awoke they maekt love, and then maekt braekfast( 36) together, both pleased they had managed to find someone with an appreciation of married life which matched their own. After braekfast, they went to the crèche where much to their joy they managed to adopt two girls, Naomi who was six, and Tillia who was eight.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004220

I DON’T CARE ABOUT DYING

AFTERNOON SECOND QUARTERDAY JODIE (15)

1st of Chent Day 4

Jodie had had the procedure for her appearance explained to her several times, and she had been telt she should use the word babe. It had been explained to her the Folk would regard her as not one with them if she uest the word baby, and at an appearance appearances mattered. She wasn’t not too bright, as the saying was, but she wasn’t as sharp as a gimlet either. She was helped up the stairs and was escorted to the front of the platform. There was a long silence, eventually she realised if she didn’t spaek none else would do so for her. “My name is Jodie. I’m not yet twelve in Castle years, an incomer and I am six lunes pregnant. I have no skills or craft I know of. I know if I don’t get a placement I and my babe shall die. I don’t care about me dying because my life has been nothing but rubbish any way, but I don’t want my babe to die. I need help, and I am willing to do anything I can to keep my babe alive. Please help my babe.”

Gareth yet again spake the traditional words. “You have hearet the words of newfolk mother to be Jodie. If any wish to respond let them come and be hearet.”

The Folk knew of Jodie and the others, and they were not initially favourably inclined towards her. However, her lack of years and desperate appeal on behalf of her unbirtht babe uttered haltingly with tears in her eyes went a long way to undoing their initial opinions, but not far enough for any to offer her marriage. A heavyset man in his forties with shoulder longth(37) dark hair and a pale complexion, came to the front of the platform. Like the rest of the Folk, Reedmace knew of Jodie. His wife, Cwm, was elder sister to Gosellyn the Mistress healer, and he had less than an hour since, despite his want but gainst(38) his better judgement, been persuaded by the pair of them into responding to Jodie’s appearance.

“I am Reedmace, Master forester of Elm Tarn. I have a logging camp two days whilth(39) from the Keep where I have twenty-two men working the forest. I am willing to offer you a placement to cook and clean for my men. I can’t find any to so craft for me so far from the Keep, so I shall offer you a lune’s trial. I accept you have no skills, but my wife and sister have sayt(40) they will advise you before you take up my offer if you decide to accept it. I can offer you food and a small chamber off the cook house. Remuneration will depend on the satisfaction of the men in terms of food quality, but I’m no peel peeler.(41) If you decide to leave, or if I find you not acceptable, I shall bring you safely back to the Keep. If you decide to accept the placement permanently, which will make me and my men exceedingly happy, I shall bring you safely back to the Keep in time for your birthing,(42) though doubtless one of them will offer to take you to wife, and I shall be in the same position again,” he finished gloomily.

Jodie had no idea how desperately Reedmace needed a cook and that there was virtually no chance at all that she would prove to be unsatisfactory, and she didn’t take much time to think. “I accept. Thank you.” Jodie then remembered her instructions and said, “I thank the Folk for listening.”
Reedmace left the platform. Jodie thought Reedmace’s offer was much better than what Gosellyn had telt her she could have been offered. Unlike most of the Folk she had no concerns with being far from the Keep.

Index of significant characters so far listed by Chapter

1 Introduction
2 Jacques de Saint d’Espéranche
3 The Folk and the Keep
4 Hwijje, Travisher, Will
5 Yew, Allan, Rowan,Siskin, Will, Thomas, Merle, Molly, Aaron, Gareth, Oak, Abigail, Milligan, Basil, Vinnek, Iris, Margæt, Gilla, Alsike, Alfalfa, Gibb, Happith, Kroïn, Mako, Pilot, Briar, Gosellyn, Gren, Hazel
6 Chaunter, Waxwing, Flame, João, Clansaver, Irune, Ceël, Barroo, Campion, Limpet, Vlæna, Xera, Rook, Falcon, Cwm, Sanderling, Aldeia, Catarina, Coast, Elixabete,
7Mercedes, Spoonbill
8 Lyllabette, Yoomarrianna
9 Helen, Duncan, Gosellyn, Eudes, Abigail
10 George/Gage, Iris, Waverley, Belinda
11 Marc/Marcy, Pol
12 George/Gage, Marcy, Freddy/Bittern, Weyland, Iris, Bling
13 Thomas, Will, Mercedes, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna
14 Kyle, Thomas, Will, Angélique
15 Mercedes, Morgelle, Gorse, Thrift, George/Gage, Chris, Iris, Thrift, Campion
16 Bling
17 Waverley, Mr. E
18 George/Gage, Larch, Mari, Ford, Gorse, Morgelle, Luke, Erin
19 Will, Pilot, Yew, Geoge/Gage, Mari, Ford, Gosellyn, Cwm, Cerise, Filbert, Gareth, Duncan, Helen, Thomas, Iris, Plume, Campion, Pim, Rook, Falcon, João, Hare
20 Yew, Rowan, Will, Thomas, Siskin, Weir, Grayling, Willow
21 Brook, Harrier, Cherry, Abby, Selena, Borage, Sætwæn, Fiona, Fergal
22 Yew, Thomas, Hazel, Rowan, Gosellyn, Siskin, Will, Lianna, Duncan
23 Tench, Knawel, Claire, Oliver, Loosestrife, Bramling, George, Lyre, Janice, Kæn, Joan, Eric
24 Luke, Sanderling, Ursula, Gervaise, Mike, Spruce, Moss
25 Janet, Vincent, Douglas, Alec, Alice
26 Pearl, Merlin, Willow, Ella, Suki, Tull, Irena
27 Gina, Hardy, Lilac, Jessica, Teal, Anna
28 Bryony, Judith, Bronwen, Farsight
29 Muriel, Raquel, Grace
30 Catherine, Crane, Snipe, Winifred, Dominique, Ferdinand
31 Alma, Allan, Morris, Miranda
32 Dabchick, Nigel
33 Raquel, Thistle, Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Phœbe
34 Eleanor, Woad, Catherine, Crane
35 Muriel, Hail, Joan, Breve, Eric, Nell, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
36 Selena,Sætwæn, Borage, Grace, Gatekeeper, Raquel, Thistle
37 Siân, Mackerel, Winifred, Obsidian
38 Carla, Petrel, Alkanet, Ferdinand
39 Dominique, Oxlip, Alma, Allan, Tress, Bryony
40 Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Ella, Kestrel, Judith, Storm
41 Ella, Kestrel, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane
42 Weights & Measures and Sunrise & Sunset Times included in Ch 41
43 Ella, Kestrel, Serenity, Smile, Gwendoline, Rook, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane, Sapphire, Mere
44 Pearl, Merlin, Rainbow, Perch, Joan, Breve, Truth, Rachael, Hedger, Ruby, Deepwater
45 Janet, Blackdyke, Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster
46 Janet, Gina, Alastaire, Joan, Breve, Truth, Bræth, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
47 The Squad, Mercedes, Fen, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
48 Bronwen, Forest, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Kathleen, Niall, Bluebell, Sophie
49 Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster, Imogen, Wryneck, Phœbe, Knapps
50 Erin, Nightjar, Eleanor, Woad
51 Gina, Jonas, Janet, Gerald, Patrick, Tansy, Craig, Barret, Ryan
52 Constance, Rye, Bling, Bullace, Berry, Jimmy, Leveret, Rory, Shelagh, Silas
53 Rachael, Hedger, Eve, Gilla, Mallard, Fiona, Fergal, Tinder, Nightingale, Fran, Dyker
54 Pamela, Mullein, Patricia, Chestnut, Lavinia, Ophæn, Catherine, Crane
55 Susan, Kingfisher, Janet, Gina, Jonas, Ruth, Kilroy, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
56 Gina, Jonas, Patricia, Chestnut, The Squad, Hazel, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch, Mangel, Clary, Brendan
57 Erin, Nightjar, Xera, Josephine, Wels, Michelle, Musk, Swansdown, Tenor
58 Timothy, Axel, Nectar, Waverley,Yvette, Whitebear, Firefly, Farsight, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch
59 Lilac, Firefly, Farsight, Lucinda, Gimlet, Leech, Janet, Blackdyke
60 Douglas, Lunelight, Yvette, Whitebear, Thrift, Haw, Harebell, Goosander, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew, Matilda, Evan, Heron
61 Brendan, Clary, Chloë, Apricot, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna, Otis, Harry, Gimlet, Leech, Jodie
62 Gimlet, Leech, Lark, Seth, Charles, Bruana, Noah, Kirsty, Shirley, Mint, Kevin, Faith, Oak, Lilly, Jason, Gem, Ellen

Word Usage Key

1 Aegt, aged.
2 Wiedths, nominally finger widths.
3 Highth, height.
4 Addresst, addressed.
5 Loes, lost.
6 Killt, killed.
7 Givn, gave.
8 Mournt, mourned.
9 Thisday, today.
10 Afeart, afraid.
11 Workt, worked.
12 Uest, used.
13 Hearet, heard.
14 Mongst, amongst
15 Dien, died.
16 Berount, around.
17 Prepaert, prepared.
18 Maekt, made.
19 Pleast, pleased.
20 Telt, told.
21 Taekt, took.
22 Braekt, broke.
23 Sheepherds, shepherds.
24 Needet, needed.
25 Calter, colder.
26 Spaek, speak.
27 Fisht, fished.
28 Fiddil, fiddle or violin.
29 Strongths, strengths.
30 Unbirtht, unborn.
31 Thiseve, this evening.
32 Marryt, married.
33 Agreen, agreed.
34 Nextday, tomorrow.
35 Satisfyt, satisfied.
36 Braekfast, breakfast
37 Longth, length.
38 Gainst, against.
39 Whilth, duration. The Folk usually express distance in terms of how long it takes to travel it.
40 Sayt, said.
41 Peel peeler, a miser, or nigon. A parsimonious person.
42 Birthing, delivery, giving birth.

up
17 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos