Summer with Em - Part 38

Printer-friendly version

418ou13PclL.jpg

Summer With Em by Julie D Cole

Chapter 38

Just a short chapter to answer a few questions I hope.

…………………………………………………………………………………..

My mind was racing after the call and I tried to focus on what had been said whilst finishing preparation of the salad. Should I have been more truthful about my situation? I’d left him with the impression that I was a regular guy with a girlfriend who I had set up home with. Would he be even more shocked when he met me than I dare hope?

Frankie broke my chain of thoughts sending a message to say she was on her way home. I just had time to freshen up and change into fresh shorts and a top. I chose a bright peach colored one that definitely accentuated my femininity exposing some bust. It was a soft lightweight material that was a little transparent and my white bra was evident so I changed it to a pink one that seemed ok.

I had some cosmetics and perfumes on the drawer unit so I picked out the part bottle of Tiffany perfume that Em had given me together with 3 others she didn’t need, applying a little as sparingly as I could. I followed the advice she’d given me applying it first of all to my cleavage and on my wrists then some behind my earlobes as she had shown me. It had a flowery scent that Em said was summery.

I was changing the shade of my lipstick when I heard Frankie open the front door. I rushed excitedly to greet her. I wanted to tell her my great news about my conversation with dad.

‘Wow don’t you look cute? Meeting anybody special?’

‘Yes she just arrived.’

‘What’s all this you made dinner for us? How kind I could get used to this. You seem in a good mood, so excited. What’s happened?’
‘I’m bursting to tell you. My dad called me a short while ago. He was so nice and I wanted to just hug him. He thought something was wrong and he offered to come to the UK to see me. I’m so relieved I thought he didn’t want me but he does. I told him about you and that I was living with you here. He seemed so proud of me.’

‘You mean you told him everything over the phone? About how you have found your true self?’

‘Well not that no. I thought that would be better face to face. He was so happy for me that we are together.’

‘Did you tell him I’d asked to to marry me and that you’ve said yes.’

‘Well no I thought you wanted to ask his permission first.’

‘So really we shouldn’t get too excited yet. Did you tell him we wanted to visit him?’

‘Yes and he was delighted. He said he’d arrange for us to stay in his friends hotel next door to his family restaurant. Well my family restaurant too. I’m half Italian after all.’

‘Yes a beautiful Italian girl given an English boys name by mistake. Perhaps we should give you an Italian name instead for the future when we do a name change. Would you take my name when we are married?’

‘I can’t can I? Don’t you have to take my name according to the law because of my birth sex.’

‘Not these days and anyway. It is our choice. It is between the participants even if members of the same sex marry. So it’s normal. You just take my family name if we agree. Don’t you quite fancy the name Mrs Di Angelo?’

‘Yes if it’s legal. Mum changed our name back to her family name after dad left. She said it was so she had full control of the business whilst it was sold as her compensation and to protect her whilst she dealt with creditors. My name actually was registered as Christian Rossi. Mum always liked Kimberley.

‘But mine is of Italian origin. Why not switch back to Christian Rossi and then you can be Christian De Marco. My ancestors are all British as far as I know but sometime or other an Italian ended up infiltrating.’

‘Well De Marco doesn’t sit very well with Kim but I do like Christian. I guess it will be shortened to Chris or Chrissie that I like. Are you sure you want to marry me? This is all happening a bit fast for me.’

‘I’ve asked and you said yes. I don’t go back on my word.’

‘I’m sorry but I just needed to be sure you meant it. I’m not exactly the ideal partner for you. I just wish I’d been born normal like other people.’

‘You are normal. Nothing is black and white as grandad likes to make out. We are all a mixture. Do you mind if we carry on chatting after I get changed and maybe over something to eat since you’ve gone to the trouble?’

When Frankie reappeared she was in shorts and a striped shirt top that suited her. She always looked smart whatever she wore. She’d taken a quick shower and removed her make-up and she looked fresh and relaxed. Something about her made me want to kiss her passionately but I fought off the urge.
We sat on the balcony and Frankie served us from the salad bowl whilst complementing me on my efforts. She had opened a bottle of wine and two bottles of Perrier water and quickly quenched her thirst whilst I took a sip from my bottle.

‘Now my love back to our conversation. When did you say we’d visit Italy? Any idea?’

‘No first step is to go to London for my passport and other documents. I have three days off this weekend. Would you be able to take time off if we go together? Sooner the better for me. I aim to get all this sorted by the end of August.’

‘It’s not a bad idea since your dad might have more time available if we get over there during August. It’s vacation time in Italy. I’ll get some train tickets and a hotel sorted in London for this weekend. We can leave Friday evening and return Sunday afternoon if seats are available. I quite fancy staying in Kensington and taking you shopping in the High Street and even across to Notting Hill. We might meet the cast of your favorite film.’

‘We should be so lucky the book shop doesn’t exist.’

‘Don’t spoil it. We’ll look anyway. You might have missed it.’

We chatted until the sky turned red and the sun set and talked about a wide variety of things including Frankies idea that I might ask my father for his approval to consider a referral to a consultant who specialises in gender identity disorder.’

I never expected to be able to discuss a subject like that so rationally and clearly Frankie was well informed on the subject. The more she explained the more I understood that my feelings and the ease at which I’d adopted a female personality were explainable. By the time we were loading the dishwasher I was fully primed to head to London and we’d booked a hotel and reserved seats on the train to St Pancras. I’d agreed to meet mum at home and then we’d all go to Covent Garden so I could introduce Frankie to a popular venue and find a show if seats were available.

I contacted Em before we went to bed who was relaxing with Bec’s. I was glad I’d left them to some privacy and they were perfect for each other. I owed them both so much. I explained that I’d chatted to dad and she asked if I’d told mum. I had of course that pleased her. I knew that mum was more hurt than she made out but it was a bridge we both needed to cross.

Frankie and I showered together before cuddling up in bed and she was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. I lay awake for an hour or so thinking of how I might explain my situation to dad. He was sure to be disappointed since he wanted an all action boy good at sport and all things male.

Eventually Frankie pulled me close to her and wrapped her arms and legs around me and I felt so secure and happy. How had I got here from the abyss I’d stared into just a few months ago? I felt wanted and happy and much more comfortable living this new life in Manchester.

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you ,Julie,

Lovely way to end the year with both you and Gillian making my day .Why is it that you English girls can make us feel that we are part of the story ?? Quite wonderful .You have come a long way Julie !!! All the best for 2020!!

Thanks Again

For all your support and encouragement. It makes writing a pleasure.
My sincere best wishes for the New Year.

Jules

This is so great...

Mantori's picture

... a new chapter of SWE before the end of the year.

Like getting to say "Happy new year" to them too.

Thank you Julie. This was a great chapter as usual. A bit short, but GREAT non the less.

Mmm, the whole visiting her father thingy is getting me all nervous. A great plot point to unravel in the new year.
looking forward to it.

Have a fabulous day now.
Me.

"Life in general is a fuck up,
but it is the rare moments of beauty and peace
in between the chaos,
That makes it worth living."
- Tertia Hill

Thanks Again

You are always positive and your support is really appreciated. I decided to keep the chapter short to focus on the contact between Kim and his/her father. Hopefully the story won't disappoint you.

Jules

Might disapointment be lurking?

Jamie Lee's picture

Might it have been a mistake not telling dad the whole truths, even over the phone? Might there be anger when dad learns the truth? Dad is expecting to see his son, not a daughter. Hopefully dad doesn't become violent when they meet.

Others have feelings too.