Switched! - 1. Reasonably Terrified

Printer-friendly version

A Switcher Tale...

Switched!
Switched!

1. Reasonably Terrified

by Lulu Martine

I came out of the UCLA Student Financial Services building in my wheelchair and saw the girl throwing up on the sidewalk. I started toward her without really stopping to think. She looked like she needed help.

Closer up, I realized she was younger than I had thought. Barely five-feet tall, in platform high-heel sandals that made her look taller, and a bomber jacket that gave her some bulk—she might be as young as eleven, and most likely not much older.

So, probably not a university student. She wore long, straight, dark hair, and cheap jewelry, with her skinny legs in a miniskirt. It's not that cold in LA in November, but she must have been freezing with the wind coming off the mountains above the city.

"Miss?" I called out. "Miss, do you need help? Should I call someone for you?" I had my phone in my lap, using both hands to maneuver my chair.

A police car pulled to the curb, and an officer got out. "Do we need medical transport here?" he asked.

"I don't know?" I said. I moved closer to the girl, but I didn't want to get splattered with what she was spewing. It looked nasty.

She still hadn't said anything, but that changed when she suddenly straightened up, screamed, and collapsed onto the pavement, lying in her own vomit. The policeman and I reached her about the same time, he being more agile on his feet than I with my wheels, but me with a closer starting point.

I don't remember if I said anything. She opened her eyes and reached toward me, and I stuck out my hand. The next thing I knew, the world had exploded in light, sound, and pain. My muscles convulsed, and I felt myself being cast into some sort of abyss.

*

When I came to—I didn't feel I'd been out long—the cop was standing over me, smiling—with a gun in his hand. "Get up," he said, holding out his other hand.

I didn't realize I had fallen to the pavement, but that's where I was. I tried to explain that I had a bone disease that had collapsed my spine, and my legs were too weak to hold me up. He simply reached down and pulled me to my feet, and I was standing for the first time in more than a decade.

I looked down at myself,--but first I realized there was a third person in our tableau: a familiar-looking old man in a wheelchair who seemed to be just waking up. "Wha-wha-wha?" he said.

The policeman pointed the gun at me. "Run," he said. "Run, 'cause if they catch you, they'll put you in a cage and never let you out."

I stared at him, knowing I could not run. I was disabled, a cripple, in a wheelchair—but no, I wasn't. I looked down at myself and recognized a bomber jacket, a black miniskirt, and skinny legs wearing high-heel sandals.

"Run!" screamed the cop. Then he turned the gun and shot the old man—who might have been me—through the head. The noise, so close, was incredible, and I felt sure I had been splattered with bits of bone and brain and blood.

I ran. I stumbled several times, but I did not fall down, though I did bounce off a light pole and a tree before I heard another gunshot and the whhhp!-crack! of a bullet passing over my head.

"Run," the cop shouted. "Run, cause when they catch you, they'll cut you apart to try to find out how I did this!"

Completely panicked now, I ran, seemingly pursued by the cop's laughter. I don't know how far I ran or even what direction. Just away from the financial services building where I had worked for more than twenty years.

*

After I exhausted myself running, I hid in some bushes in someone's yard. I breathed in huge gulps of air and coughed out bile and snot. My heart thuttered against my chest, my lungs and throat burned, and my side and legs cramped. Everything farther than a few feet away looked blurry and doubled. I blinked several times and rubbed my face with the sleeve of my jacket.

It didn't help because the sleeve was spattered with…. I didn't want to think about it. I smelled like vomit, and I wasn't sure I hadn't shit and pissed on myself, too. I was rank. I lay under the bushes for some time, sobbing. What had happened to me?

I'm a methodical person, basically an accountant, so I tried to take an inventory of my situation. No one seemed to be chasing me, though somewhere a dog was barking. I was in a residential neighborhood, presumably somewhere near the university, lying under a pyracantha bush in a wide green yard in front of a two-story house.

I looked at my hands. Small and slender, the nails were painted black but partially worn off and broken. My nails? The hands certainly felt like they belonged to me, and one nail, in particular, ached and burned, a split hangnail. I used my teeth to pull the broken part free and squealed with the pain.

"Jesus," I heard myself say in a thin, impossibly high-pitched voice, "what the hell did I do that for?" I sucked on the finger. It tasted of dirt and blood and I discovered that I had something else in my mouth besides teeth and tongue. A little exploration made me think I might have a tongue piercing. "Fuck," I said.

I checked my ears. I had several piercings in each one, including a pair of long, dangling ones that almost reached my shoulders. I also discovered my straight, dark-brown hair well past my shoulders. "I'm that girl," I thought wonderingly. I was wearing the bomber jacket. The miniskirt had ridden up during my running and bunched around my waist.

I tried to pull it down, but it wasn't budging in my position under the thornbush. How the hell had I gotten into the little depression near the trunks of the hedge without getting stabbed a dozen times? Could I get back out?

I waggled my ankles and saw my feet at the end of my too-skinny legs, still wearing the platform, high-heel, buckle-on sandals. I'd been running in those? But I had been running….

I hadn't been able to run in more than twenty years. Just like I hadn't been able to quit my job in all those years and forego the rather generous insurance I had through the university.

Well, that problem seemed to be solved, I thought, distracted from my plight by a brief internal leap of joy that I never again had to sort through applications for financial aid or write another letter of denial.

Anthony Garibaldi, TonyGaryUCLA online, had quit his job and run away, leaving his wheelchair behind him. A sudden image of the cop putting a gun to the head of an old man, and pulling the trigger brought another retching sensation, and a taste of bile to the back of my mouth.

If...

If I was now the girl.... And the cop had shot the old me.... Then?

Then some of the mess on the sleeves of the jacket….

There were impossibilities I didn't want to think about, my brain skittering away from them like a spider that has fallen onto a hot griddle.

Dead. I'm dead….

But there I lay in the dirt, smelling loam and vomit and.... Damn, I did shit on myself, didn't I? "I was scared," I said out loud.

Damn right, I was scared. Some monster cures me of paralysis, shoots me in the head while I watch, threatens me with some mysterious 'they,' takes shots at me to force me to run.... And now I faced life as a teenager in a miniskirt? Terror was the only reasonable response.

*

I discovered that it was as easy to get out from under the thornbush as it had been to get in due to one fact. I'm so damn skinny that just by flattening myself against the earth, I only had to worry about my head as I slithered like a snake out of danger with only a few strands of my hair caught on twigs and thorns.

That was bad enough, though. It took me some minutes, crouched there, saying, "Ow, ouch, oh, damn it all," and "fuck me" to get my hair untangled.

I had suffered only one wound, on the upper left side of my butt, which itched like hell. I resisted rubbing it. "You don't know where it's been," I told myself, trying for a quantum of humor.

Freed from my fettering hair, I was finally able to stand up and pull my skirt down to cover my ass, which was the only part of me with real substance — not my head, which was entirely unhinged by the thought that I was wearing a skirt.

Not my shoulders, either, those were lost inside the bomber jacket. I sighed, shrugging to keep the jacket from slipping off my skinny inconsequence. And I tried not to think about the consequences of being a teenage girl now. Those worries could wait.

I could only marvel that no one seemed to be noticing me. It was what? Mid-morning? I'd been leaving work to make a ten a.m. doctor's appointment. It couldn't be as late as eleven yet, could it? I crossed the street and sat down on a service box of some type, probably phone or cable TV. Time to finish my inventory.

There were no pockets in my skirt, but the jacket had several, most of which had zippers, so this did take a while. I did find a phone which wouldn't turn on, but I found several other things as well — fourteen dollars in cash, some change, and several cards.

Perhaps because of some blurring, with the card held almost at the end of my nose, I struggled to read an expired CA ID in the name of Margaret Hoa Robert with a picture of a pretty young woman with long dark hair, amber eyes, and vaguely Asian features. The home address was in Fountain Valley, miles away from West LA, down in Orange County.

Me? Must be. A business card seemed to be for a nail salon in Westminster and didn't tell me much, so I looked at the ID card again.

The birth date listed would make me.... I did the math. I did it again because I didn't like the answer I'd gotten. "Fuck me!" I said. Margaret (My name is Margaret?) wouldn't be sixteen until January 6, next year? Which was only about eight weeks away, but still.

Another card in that little packet was a worn-looking prepaid debit card for Margaret H Robert. The sort of thing you give to a student, so they have access to money, but you control how much they can spend by preloading the card. Almost useless without the PIN, and did it have any money on it in any case?

I investigated more pockets. Lipstick, mascara, a compact, and other makeup supplies. No clue what to do with those. When I opened the compact, it turned out to have six different shades of eyeshadow in it—but I could get a glimpse of my new face in the tiny mirror.

A worried, starved-looking face, so very disheartening to look at. I could see fear in my amber eyes. I put the compact away, my hands shaking a little, and looked through more pockets.

Most of them contained the assorted junk you might expect of some teenage girl who used her jacket as a purse. One was a slender white tube: a tampon. I hoped I wouldn't have to use it. I knew what one did with such a thing, but not the precise how of the task. Yeesh. The implications were disturbing.

Several combs, hair barrettes, bobby pins, a pack of tissue, another of panty liners (!), a fingernail clipper; I used the last to neaten up the nail I had torn, making little ouchie noises as I did so. Then I dragged a wide-tooth comb through my hair with more ouches getting rid of tangles.

I had tons of thick heavy hair, down to my waist, so it took some time to comb. The balding old man inside me was vaguely amused at having so much hair now. The act of combing it seemed to soothe my nerves, so I stayed with it until I had all the tangles out.

I felt better. Amazing what a little attention paid to oneself does for one's sense of well-being. I dug out the compact again and took another look at my face. My mascara had run, which I hadn't noticed before, but it left black streaks down my face. "Dammit," I said in my squeaky new voice.

I got a tissue out of the packet, wet it with spit, and scrubbed away some of the black marks left by my terror and confusion. A better clean-up would have to wait for more resources and repair to my makeup—my makeup!—might be beyond my expertise. It had been many years since my involvement in community theater, and that kind of makeup is not at all the same.

I went back to taking inventory. Nothing else useful in that pocket. But in the next, I did find a depleted pack of menthol cigarettes with a Bic lighter. Oh, joy. As Tony, I had never picked up the habit. I could only hope Margaret wasn't a tobacco addict. Or any other kind, for that matter. I blinked, another worry I didn't have time to worry about.

I resolved to toss the cancer sticks as soon as I found a trash bin, but the lighter might be useful — last pocket, inside the jacket: six foil-wrapped rubbers in two different sizes. I would have said, "Fuck me," out loud again, but it seemed too damn likely that someone had been doing just that.

I rubbed my head in frustration. What the hell had this girl been doing with her life? A girl gets a tongue stud for basically just one reason…. But it's all impossible anyway, I told myself. What did I know about being a teenage girl? Clearly, not much. Was I stuck like this? Well, there was no going back to being Anthony, that body was dead.

My hands wouldn't shake so much if I were really dead, I told myself as I put everything back into the same pockets it had come out of. Maybe I needed a nicotine fix, but I wasn't going to do that. Maybe I needed some other drug, but the less thinking about that, the better.

And I hadn't found a charge cable for the damn phone—not that I had a place to charge it.

up
228 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Did you mean to stop there,

Did you mean to stop there, or did part of the story get lost?

Otherwise good setup I'm really looking forwhrd to see how Tony gets herself out of all the trouble this girl was obviously in before she got switched.

I beg your pardon!

I simply forgot to mark this as chapter 1.

I'm not going to call this a novel because I don't think it will be that long but I've already got more than a novelette outlined, and Tony hasn't got Margaret out of trouble yet.

I think I can manage 2500 to 3000 words once or twice a week while still posting my other two stories.

Thanks for commenting, I'm glad I stayed up.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Sequel?

Podracer's picture

I do hope that Lulu isn't going to leave Anthony out on the street pondering his fate.

"Reach for the sun."

Corrected

I corrected things to properly mark this as a continuing story. See above.

But yes, I am going to leave poor Tony hanging loose in the breeze for at least another chapter. I'm cruel to my characters that way.

Thanks for the comment.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

"hanging loose in the breeze"

WillowD's picture

I'm glad you decided to do a story in the universe where the victim isn't promptly captured by the government. And that you decided to do a multi chapter story. Thanks.

Consulting

To me, it's too big of an idea for a one-shot. But I did consult with Melanie Brown and with Erin Halfelven on the writing of this story. Erin has added some fertile thoughts and eventually, some of her knowledge of Vietnamese.

Thanks for the comment.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Head hair

I'm giving Tony a week before he buzzcuts his "cascade of molten darkness".
Having hair is such a bother!
It has to be washed! And combed! And ... and ... many, many different things.
E.g. a body has to buy shampoo and maybe even that strange thing called conditioner. Soap alone is now not longer enough ... what faff!
BTW - does he even KNOW how to comb? Does he still remember? How long has he been fashionably bald?
Contents of pockets - strong pointers to "active sex life" if not underage prostitute ... icky!

Nevertheless, even a STD riven gender swapped teen body is a step up from a wheelchair. I don't think that lil' Mister Happy was that happy in his case ...
Does Tony qualify for some shelter for runaways? Orphanage?
With his memories he should breeze through any schooling that is required, and then a ROTC scholarship to get through college. Or enlist at 17 and use Service as springboard for more education.

Tony wasn't

Tony wasn't bald, just balding, getting thin with that bald circle in back.

As for shelters, right now Tony-Margaret is terrified of the police and who can blame her?

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

BaldING, not bald

OK - balding stage :)
BTW - not all men are lazy buzzcut slobs (like me) - while some balding men "jump the gun" and go skinhead, other balding men can give many a woman a run for their money in hair care habits :)
True - scared of officialdom. But charity/church run soup kitchen and/or shelters? Where no ID required and "you ask me no questions and I tell you no lies" applies?
Heck Tony-Margaret can go to an open AA/Al-anon/Alateen meeting and at least get tea/coffee and cookies for free. If it is an all night meeting Tony could nap on the chair ...
At such meetings - "My name is Margaret, I've got shit in my pants and nowhere to sleep" - will only elicit nods of "been there, done that" and advice (based upon personal experience) on what to do. Then again, few people outside 12 Step groups know that ...

Wow

I have some friends in twelve-step programs but they never talk much about what goes on.

Tony, having been in the financial aid end of the university, may be aware of some resources. We'll see where the story goes. I'm writing toward a particular ending but I don't have a road map.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

It's the anonymity thingy :)

Whatever is said at the meeting stays at the meeting :)
Especially WHO said it.
Twelve Steps meetings are of two kinds - closed - for members (self declared) only - and open - anybody can come in.
At an AA meeting coming across somebody who once lived in the sewers/under a bridge is far from improbable.
It is also even less unlikely to run into somebody who now practices the 12th Step [Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.] and is aware of various places/agencies catering to street-people. Or knows somebody who is into the 12th step.
Twelvers :) talk not only at the Meeting, but also before, during the cigarette break, and after, when the "we speak solely about personal experience" rule no longer applies.
Of course, in finding somebody ready to help luck aka A Power Greater Than Ourselves However We Understand It plays a role :)
Nevertheless coffee/tea (probably cookies too) is a given :)
I'll shut my flap now :) - if this is an interesting tangent and you need more pointers then IMO better to ask your local Twelvers as they will know the details of how these programmes look like in your setting.

In various ways the JROTC and ROTC are useful for people with not much money.

Thanks

Thanks again.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

I wonder if Tony will try to

I wonder if Tony will try to go to his home or if he will try to go to Margaret's, he has no idea of the situation at her home, but he probably assumes the police will be at his home.

Avoidance

Tony-Margaret will likely stay away from Tony's own home for the near future, as you say, the police are likely to be there. Dealing with Margaret's interrupted life may be easier.

Thanks for commenting and bringing up the subject of Tony's own residence. Looking back at what I've written so far, I had not addressed that.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

wow, you really drew me in.

while not exactly a cliffhanger, you do have me eager for the next installation.

Thanks for writing this.

Thanks

I keep saying thank you for these comments but that is because I really mean it. It's really encouraging to know someone enjoys something you are doing just for fun.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

so many unanswered questions

why did the cop kill his body? something hinky going on here ...

DogSig.png

Some

Some questions have answers and some answers will appear in the story. But it's unlikely The Switcher will reappear and divulge his motives in the story. Sorry about that.

Dorothy, I know you take the time to comment on almost all the stories here at BC but I want to give you special thanks, not only for commenting on mine, but for all the encouragement you give to others.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Not going to lie

I'm not going to solve that puzzle soon. The fact that he did it is way more important to the story than why he did it.

Thanks for letting me know you care enough to comment.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Switched

Thank you Lulu
I really enjoyed the first chapter

Thanks

I enjoyed writing it and reading your comment.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Dropped in

Nyssa's picture

It kinda reminds me of an old game where you start in a room with a dead body and you have to gather clues to find out who you are, who the dead body is and stay alive while staying ahead of the police. I never did get very far in it, but it's an interesting way to start a story. This story ramps that up a little with a body switch and some horrifying implications for Tony/Margaret, even if s/he is younger and able bodied. If the 'they' get her, it won't be pleasant.

Thanks for sharing Lulu, fascinating start.

Thanks

I hope to keep up the interest level in new chapters, and I remember that game, too. I don't think I ever finished it because it seemed to have had what I call a magic puzzle. If you don't know exactly what the programmer had in mind, there was no legitimate clue so you had to try everything, which is how you end up adumbrating the elephant.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

We're All Vulnerable, One Way Or Another

Looks like our protagonist has just shed one vulnerability for another. Which is better, to be old, decrepit, with a wasting disease, stuck in a wheelchair, but with a known life and a support network, or to be young, approximately physically sound (hopefully, that vomiting wasn't indicative of anything terminal or crippling), but without any contacts, assets, or support (and according to that cop, a fugitive, to boot)? I suspect we'll find out.

Meanwhile, a bunch of something happened that I'm not sure what it was. Three bodies and souls converged, two or more swapped around, and one killed another. The policeman was behaving... unlike we would expect a policeman to behave. There are only a certain number of permutations for what happened here. The one I'm leaning towards had the, let's call her the girl, swap into the old guy, and then into the cop. But why the old guy needed shooting, but the resultant girl did not, argues against that scenario. As for why the original cop was responding to the scene at all, I have no clue, but that he should be the magician who swapped the old dude and the girl makes no sense, either.

I await elucidation at some point in this ongoing tale.

See answer above.

When a madman kills someone the important question is not why, it's how do we stop him. That's not Margaret's job, her job is to survive.

Since this is part of a bigger story fabric, Melanie Brown's Switcher Tales, we know from the first story that Simon, the Switcher, does get stopped. Well, apparently gets stopped.

Anyway, knowing why Simon shot the guy in the wheelchair is not going to make much difference to Margaret. And Margaret is not even trying to find out nor does she have a way to even begin to find out.

I do know why Simon did it, and I've told Melanie, and Erin knows, too. In story, the reason made sense to Simon, who has the psychology of a madman serial killer.

Thanks for commenting.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Cracking open a new universe

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

After reading Melanie Brown's second Switcher story and this one, yours, I've got to say -- this could be a very fertile ground for stories.

I'm liking this one so far, and curious to see what she can find out about herself.

- io

Word up

Thanks for commenting. I know I'd like to see your take on this universe. Your tales are often out of this world.

Look ma, no puns.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

The jumping scenario

WillowD's picture

Several people have left comments indicating that they weren't sure of what happened. This is what I think happened.

Cast of characters:

The Jumper - He is probably Ron Simon, murderer and thief.
Anthony Garibalde - University financial aid officer. Needs a wheel chair.
Margaret Hoa Robert - A 15 year old girl.
The cop.

The scenario:

The jumper (in Margaret's body) is vomiting.
The jumper (in Margaret's body) switches with Anthony.
The jumper (in Anthony's body) switches with the cop.
The jumper (in the cop's body) kills the cop (in Anthony's body).
The jumper (in the cop's body) tells Anthony (in Margaret's body) to run.

At this point we have:

The jumper is in the cop's body.
The cop is in Anthony's dead body.
Anthony is in Maragaret's body.
Margaret is in an unknown body. (The switch occurred before the story started.)
An unknown person is in the jumper's body. (The switch occurred before the story started.)

Note: There is a strong possibility that this switch occurred soon after the first switch and that the authorities are just starting to learn what is going on. The cop did not appear to know about switchers. And while the jumper probably killed the cop before the cop could do anything (although in a wheel chair, he was a trained cop) he got Anthony to run away in the girl's body, leaving one less body for the authorities to examine and discover the artificial virus.

Pretty much

We may find out more about the sequence later and we may not. This is Margaret's story, not Simon's.

Thank you for your careful and accurate elucidation and thanks for reading.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Hmm?

I thought it explicit that Margaret is dead like a Norwegian Blue parrot.
Spirit/soul/brain swap and Tony's body with her "inside" gets killed.
In a way that is merciful - Margaret does not suddenly become a middle aged (?) cripple.
And - the horror of horrors - balding!!!1
Financial aid officer at uni? I retract all my offers of suggestions - he has forgotten more than I ever knew about this subject :)
Tonygret should simply breeze his way - academically and financially - through high school and college!

Confused

erin's picture

I think you need to look at the sequence above, and Lulu endorsed, as to who was in which body. No one really knows where Margaret's soul is from the story, but she certainly was NOT in Tony's body. In fact, I don't see how she possibly could be; if Tony is in Margaret's body, the one body Margaret CAN'T be in is Tony's, from the rules of how the Switcher works Melanie laid out.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Thanks

Complicated stuff ... IMO nothing wrong with offing Margaret ... I'll "get it" with time ... no need to explain more now ...

Chill

Nothing wrong with not offing Margaret, I hope?

I'm laughing here, I just don't use Emojis. It's all good.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Margaret is the bomb!

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

Don't off her! She's just a kid! Her bomber jacket will protect her.

On a serious note, though, don't let the remarks about chapter length bother you. If someone wants long chapters, let them go write long chapters!

It's like Churchill's answer on how long a speech should be: "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt; long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest."

You can see from the flurry of comments that you've done both.

- io

Thanks

One of the confusions here is that Tony now calls herself Margaret. Another confusion is that it is one of my other stories where people were complaining about chapter length. Those chapters were short, about 1000 words.

I find different stories have different rhythms and different natural chapter lengths.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine

Okay, that was a head scratcher

Jamie Lee's picture

Wheelchair bound elder Anthony ends up touching a girl who was coating the sidewalk with her stomach contents, and suddenly he's her and she's him. Then a policeman shoots the old man and tells the girl to run. Huh? A bunch of hows and whys are missing.

Did Anthony have the power to switch or did the girl have the power? Did the policemen know a switch had taken place? And if so, how'd he know? And who'd dissect the girl to find out how it was done?

Something else is going on in Anthony's world that's yet to be explained. Hopefully it will be explained.

Others have feelings too.

Not quite

You can read Melanie Brown's Switcher stories to see how this works. Basically, a creep named Simon has figured out how to switch bodies. He's going around causing chaos and living the high life when he can.

Tony is now Margaret because likely Simon had previously swapped with her. And now, Simon is likely the cop.

Of course, Tony/Margaret has no idea what just happened, so you're ahead of her on that.

Thanks for commenting.

- Gender is between the ears, sex is between the legs and anywhere else you can get it. - Lulu Martine