Gaby Book 20 ~ Express ~ Chapter *19*

Printer-friendly version
Gaby book 20 cover.JPG

 
*Chapter 19*
Wednesday Week

 
"Nite guys!” P called as the three of us set off down the driveway.
"Tschuss!” I called back with a wave.

What an evening! The Brits we had for these do’s are like puppies compared to tonight’s load of Nederlanders, not enough of this, too much of that – well you get the idea and they’re terrible tippers too. Oh and there were a lot of them, a full coach, the Brits are usually a few seats short of a full set.

"I'll walk you back to Dernau,” Max proclaimed when we got down to the road.
"Oh we’re fine,” Con started, I made some rapid signals at her to desist that line, "But it’ll be nice to have an er man about?”
"You’d better,” I exhorted, before pointedly placing my hand in his.
 
"See you guys later,” Con told us when we reached Schloss Bond.
"Er yeah, laters.”
"Nite Con,” Max added.

I checked that we were out of sight of the house and after Max lifted me onto the wall proceeded to check his tonsils out. I had to do a thorough job and receive reciprocal treatment, to be honest I didn’t even notice the light going.
 
"You two want coffee?”

Talk about jump, I’m sure I was several feet out of my skin.

“Jules!”
"Evening Max,” my sister continued from her vantage point above us.
"Er hi Juliette,” he managed.
"How’d you know we were here?”
"Used it myself dumkopf – and I saw Connie waving to you.”
"Sugar,” I sighed, "Dad know?”
"He’s not daft sis.”
"Guess not,” I agreed.
"I'll put the kettle on.”
"I er ought to be going,” Max suggested.
"Oh no you don’t lover boy,” Jules told him, "You don’t escape that easily, two minutes.”
 
"She’s worse than Mum.”
"Well if we’re going before the firing squad might as well have a last cigarette.”
"Huh?” I managed looking at my lip buddy.
"You know, last request? Oh sod it, come here.”

When we broke for air I think I had the general idea.

"Guess we’d best go in or Jule’s’ll have the search parties out.” I sighed.
 
"If its not Hansel and Gretel,” Jules chuckled when I dragged Max into the kitchen, "Nice legs Maxxie.”
“Jules,” I complained.
"You’re no fun Gab, you’d best go through, you can save Bo, Dad’s been grilling him for the last half an hour.”
Boris, he of the kinky boot fetish, hmm wonder if Max…. No, don’t want to go there!
"Come on Lips, lets rescue Boris,” I sighed tugging my boyfriend further into the house.
 
"Hiya Dad, Max walked us back from the Stube, hi Boris.”
"Hi Gab,” my sister’s man allowed with a thankful tone to his voice.
"Is it that time already,” Dad queried with a look at his watch, "Hi Max, thanks for bringing her back.”
"Er, evening Herr Bond,” he awkwardly replied.
"So what’re you two talking about?” I enquired ushering Max towards the sofa.
"I was just telling Boris about the weekend.”
"Been there, done that,” I quipped.
"So er, why are you guys dressed like Bavarians?” Boris queried.
"Been working up at the Stube, the tourists like their food with a side of culture.”
"Don’t you get any ideas Boris Appelroth,” Jules stated arriving with a tray of coffee stuff.
 
Max didn’t stay long, I guess its a bit off putting when your girlfriends sister is sat on her boyfriends lap as if it was just ordinary and you, well its awkward. Anyhow, we managed a quick goodnight kiss before he headed back to Rech, a passenger in Boris’ banger.

"Okay guys, what’s going on?” I demanded when I returned to the living room.
"Nothing,” Jules suggested.
"Tell your sister,” Dad instructed.
"Oh alright,” she grinned.
"You’re pregnant,” I offered.
"Am not, we take precautions! I got a place at Sheffield.”
"The University?”
"Dur! Not the paddling pool, of course the University.”
"Er congrats, hang on, isn’t that where Boris is going?”
"Might be.”
"Tell her the rest Jules,” Dad prodded.
"I'm getting there, Bo wants us to get married!”
"Married?”
"Well not like straight away,” she advised.
"Dad?”
"They virtually live together already,” he shrugged.
"Does Mum know?”
"We rang her earlier,” Jules advised, "She’s not exactly celebrating but she sort of gave her blessing.”

I bet.

"I'm not gonna have to wear a meringue am I?”
"I'll find you the biggest, frilliest one around.”
"You would as well,” I sighed, "Wondered why you were here mid week.”
"Well you were away at the weekend and Bo wanted to ask Dad as soon as.”
"He’s brave,” I muttered.
"We’re gonna get a flat together in Sheff, we’re gonna go stay with the Peters in a couple of weeks to sort it all out.”
"He get you a ring?”
"Not yet, its hardly a priority.”
"So when’s the bun fight?”
"We’ll wait till after Uni, give Dad time to save up.”
"Thanks,” Pater sighed.
 
"Married?” Con reiterated. She might not be working today but it doesn’t mean I have to wait to tell her the big news.
"Yup,” I confirmed, "They’re going to the same University in England too.”
"Never thought your sister was the marrying kind.”
"Me either,” I agreed, "Have to go, we’re getting a bit of queue.”
“’Kay, laters.”
"Laters.” I agreed ending the call.
 
"Frikadel,” I stated delivering a plate of Frites and German burger to my kissing partner.
"Er thanks, so what’s this news?”
“Jules and Boris are tying the knot.”
"They are?”
"Uh huh, my turn to drag you to a wedding.”
"We both got invites to Ana and Sara’s do’s,” he pointed out, "It’s not another shotgun is it?”
"Not yet,” I smirked.
"How’re we fixed for this evening?”
"Hmm, I reckon I could do with a bit of cross training, maybe a run, say half six,” I proposed nicking one of his chips.
"Ring?”
"Maybe,” I teased – well I can’t give in straight away, a girl’s got to have some standards.
 
"Running again?” Dad queried, "I thought you hated running?”
"Well, it adds a bit of variety to my training programme, too much riding makes Gaby a dull girl,” I proffered.
"Hmm, well don’t over do it, we don’t want any pulled muscles or twisted ankles do we?”
"Er no,” I agreed adjusting my sports bra.
"Hut hum.”
"Oops, sorry Dad.”
"I hope you don’t do that in the street?”
"No, course not.”
"Never know with you, got your phone?”
"I'm only going up the vineyards.”
"Even more reason to take it.”
"Okay,” I sighed before digging my Handy out of my bag, "Satisfied?”
"You always wear make up to go running?”
"I er don’t want my face getting dry, it gets all flaky, horrible.”
"Remind Max to lock his bike, there’s been a few stolen recently.”
"I will!” I chirped – oh bum, busted! "That obvious?”
"Might as well have put a sign on your back.”
"Dang!”
"You are more devious than your sister mind, it was always extra homework with her.”
"I'll go get changed.”
"I'm not stopping you going kiddo, you’re mother and I, we were young once you know. All I ask is that you’re sensible, I don’t want to be a grandpa just yet, I’m you’re Dad, I don’t want to know all the details, just that you’re safe.”
"We’re not doing anything,” I supplied turning an interesting shade of puce.
"That’s for you to decide not me, you’ll do what you want whatever me or your mother says.”

How can he be so, so reasonable?
"Well go on then, don’t keep him waiting, he’ll be waiting for his run, oh and he’s invited to supper, nine o’clock sharp.”
I sighed again, "Yes Dad.”
 
"We’ve been busted,” I advised as I joined Max by the gate into the vineyards.
"Busted?”
"Yeah, Dad saw through the running, you’re to come for supper.”
"Sugar, now?”
"Nine o’clock,” I grinned back.
"Time for a bit of a run then.”
"I've put the ring in,” I hinted presenting my pierced nostril to him.
"Hmm, might just have to investigate that a bit closer.”
"Have to catch me first!” I darted off onto the fitness course, Max following behind.
Maddy Bell © 12.05.17

up
239 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Keeping fit

Podracer's picture

Nothing wrong with a bit of cross training. Never heard it called that before..

"Reach for the sun."

How can he be so, so reasonable?

Elsbeth's picture

Ahh Gaby he might be old but he isn't stupid :) lovely as always Happy New Year looking forward to more of Gaby (especially next book)

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Busted?

Jamie Lee's picture

Gaby and Max were busted from the start of their relationship. It was obvious to everyone close to the two, that they were a couple.

Drew kept Gaby from admitting she like Max because Drew found the idea repulsive; it was Gaby's feelings when she learned she was a she.

It now would seem that Drew has gone on a permanent vacation, since Gaby now looks forward to seeing Max. And, has openly admitted that Max is her boyfriend. Cheers for Gaby!

Others have feelings too.

Rats

It looks like dad smelled a rat, or 3. :-p

Thx for another nice chapter^^