It's Rasufelle's fault

Printer-friendly version

Rasufelle and I played a story game where we each took turns adding a sentence to a story. This was the result:

Aaron glared at the situation before him, using every ounce of willpower he had to try and force it to change while knowing that it was a lost cause.

The cheerleader in front of him had a wide grin, but he was sure he could see the evil glint in her eyes.

"You agreed to the terms, so you can either pay up . . . or do the forfeit," she said in a low, menacing voice.

He sighed, knowing paying up was not really an option.

"Will you take installments?"

"Pay all or forfeit."

"Are you sure this isn't a bit extreme for a game of checkers?"

"You agreed to the wager, nobody forced you."

Aaron shook his head: "forced" might have been extreme, but no teenage boy in his right mind would have passed up an offer like THAT, especially one that should have been a sure thing.

Too late he realized his hormones had overestimated just how much of a "sure thing" it was

"Alright," he groaned, knowing he was defeated, "but can it at least not be PINK?!"

"It is an official school color."

"For where, Fairy Princess High?"

"Keep digging, and I'll rethink giving you my boyfriend as a bodyguard."

Aaron looked up -- and up -- at the towering figure of Graham "The Ogre" Wilson, standing behind Kelly and grinning, if anything, even more menacingly than she was.

Aaron mutters "He's the one I would need protection from."

"You ain't gonna be that pretty, cuz," Graham said, in his trademark drawl that five years removed from the Ozarks had never seemed to rid him of.

Aaron wasnt sure if that was an insult or not, so decided to say nothing.

"Listen, it's just for the one game, and it's not like you'd be the first guy to wear the Hunny Bunny costume either," said Kelly, lightly bouncing the cutesy rabbit head hanging from her hand by its ears.

"yeah, but the other guy was way out gay and had worn heels to school just for fun."

"They weren't heels, they were platforms," Louis said from the corner of the room, rolling his eyes.

"Not an expert on girl fashion, Louis, sorry."

"The hunny bunny suit doesn't come with heels anyway, just sneakers," Kelly reminded him.

"very girly pink sneakers."

"It was your choice Aaron, and still is: this, or 200 bucks."

Aaron knew that he'd have to borrow more than half from his parents, and that would involve a discussion that would not end in his favor.

He turned to his sister Aimee for support, only to find her holding up the aforementioned (and much dreaded) sneakers with an evil smirk of her own.

"I'm doomed" He thought, and surrendered.

As the cheerleaders closed in around him, each brandishing a part of his new costume, he gulped in fear ...

to be continued?

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

no, thank you

this got my mind off more serious issues. hugs!

DogSig.png

Mind boggling

This cooperative venture between two authors suggest the WIDE range of paths that one or more authors could follow. What if so and so opted to do such and such instead of... opens itself to to the many branching paths that fractals follow. Loving this exchange!

Nice variation...

tmf's picture

A very nice variation on Le cadavre exquis.

As for the to be continued?
Please do

Big Hugs tmf

Peace, Love, Freedom, Happiness

no promises

but if Ras is up to doing more, I'll try and keep up with her.

DogSig.png

Sizing

Daphne Xu's picture

Do they have everything in Aaron's size? And this was Aaron's wager for the outcome of a simple game of checkers? "Only a fool bets on a sure thing."

That was a nice story. Do we get to see it continued, and what happens to Aaron? Perhaps it becomes an experience he's glad he underwent -- "once it's over".

The opening to this story reminded me of an old supposed writing exercise, by now old. The description of the exercise was obviously false, because every student partnered with the student on his right. (So possibly, Alice partnered with Bob, who partnered with Carol, who partnered with Dennis, etc.) The girl was trying to write a slice-of-life or romantic chick-lit, while the boy was trying to write a space-marines story. The story degraded to exchange of insults.

-- Daphne Xu

I'm glad too.

Daphne Xu's picture

... even though it would have been hilarious.

http://www.writewords.org.uk/forum/47_324546.asp -- you might have seen this supposed writing exercise. Part of the assignment: "Each person will pair off with the person sitting to his or her immediate right." As I commented earlier, that makes it fiction.

"At first, Laurie couldn't decide which kind of tea she wanted. ..."

"Meanwhile, Advance Sergeant Carl Harris, leader of the attack squadron now in orbit..."

"He bumped his head and died almost immediately..."

"Little did she know, but she had less than 10 seconds to live. Thousands of miles above the city..."
.
.
.
"Asshole."

"Bitch."
.
.
.

-- Daphne Xu

if it had been Jaci and I

it probably would have quickly become a contest in trading girl germs back and forth.

DogSig.png

Recollection

Daphne Xu's picture

I still vaguely recall, it was over half a decade ago and I was still quite new here. I saw an exchange (for lack of a better word) between you and Jaci. Not knowing any better, I took it overly seriously.

-- Daphne Xu

It worked

Podracer's picture

I hope Dottie and Rasufelle aren't offended if I consider it to be "a fun little piece"?

"Reach for the sun."

I had fun doing it

I'm glad it was fun to read too!

DogSig.png