Aftermath 3

Printer-friendly version


Aftermath 3

Once again a dream started. It was like I just woke up. But I was lying in a hospital bed. IV bags, and a monitor beside the bed. I felt in pain, all over. Looking down, I was still the girl from my previous dreams. I seemed about the same age as in the prom dream, 16-17.

“ ________, You are finally awake?” A nurse came in. “You have been out since you where brought in last week. A good thing letting your body heal some.”

“What happened?, I managed to ask. Weekly.

“You where in a bad car accident.” She said. “not to worry you are getting the best care. You just rest. I will let the Doctor know you are finally awake.”

“OK, Thanks” I squeaked out.

Looking around there where flowers on the side table. With cards, saying ______ get well soon. Not one I could read my name. Pushing the head up button on the bed, I raised my head up some. Looking down. I opened my gown some. I was a mess. My left arm and right leg in a cast.

Every breath hurt. Bandages on my right side, left leg, and a large one on my right arm. I could see lot of bruises. Even my tits had bruises. Pulling my gown back over me. Reaching up to my head, I could feel a small bandage on my left cheek.

But what worried me the most was the large one on my head. Feeling around I could tell I had had some trauma to my head. I was missing some or all of my beautiful hair.

Just then, an older man came in must be the Dr. I thought.

“Well, Hello, _________,” Again I could not hear my name. “You finally came out of it. We were getting worried.” He said, Walking up to the bed.

“I am Dr. Miller. How are you?”

“I hurt every were” I said weakly, “what happened?”

“Well, _________. You are a very lucky young lady. You were in a very serious car accident. They had to life flight you here from the scene. For the first 2 days it was touch and go. To be frank. We lost you once.”

I let out a gasp, it seemed like I did it along with the girl in my dream.

“You had a collapsed lung. Broken left forearm, right tibia, 3 broken ribs, and cranial trauma. You had a piece of metal from the accident that lodged in your skull.”
“What?” I croaked. Barely able to speak. The monitor next to the bed when crazy. Beeping madly.

“ __________ calm down.” The Dr said. Sitting next to the bed taking my hand. “You are alright now. Since you came out of your coma. You are going to be OK.”

A nurse came rushing in, “Everything alright, Doctor?” She asked.

“Everything is fine. I was telling _________ what happened. I guess my truthfulness has gotten in the way again. Let's let her get some rest. It is the best for you.”

“Thank you, Doctor for telling me the truth.” I said softly.

“Here________ this is the button for your pain medication.”

“Thanks”

“You need anything just press the call button.”

“Can you call my parents?” I asked groggily.

“I will see.” With that she rushed off.
Turning on the TV, I channel surfed for about 10 minutes. I finally found something to watch. Maybe not watch. Just some distraction. To help me sleep. I dozed off. When I awoke again.

“Mom, She is waking up” I heard my friend Mallory say.

“How are you doing, _________” her mom said.

“Alright considering, Mom.” I said softly. I call Mallory's Mom, Mom. As she is like another mother to me. “are my mom and Dad here?

Taking my hand, “Honey there is no good way to tell you so I will just tell you.” Mrs Armstrong began softly. “You are the only one who survived the car crash. Your Mom, Dad, and little brother were killed.”

“What?” I said shocked, The machines going nuts again. Then slowly calming down as
I did.

“Sorry, __________ They died on impact when the semi hit your car.” She began “It is a miracle that you survived. It took almost two hours for fire rescue to cut you out of the car.”

“ __________, we are just thankful you are going to be alright” Mallory said sitting on the other side of the bed also taking my hand.

Wincing with pain, I pressed the pain med button again.

“You get some rest and we will be here when you wake up again. Mallory won't leave.” Mom said.

“She is my best friend, Mom. Aren't you.__________”

Smiling, I drifted off to sleep again. When I woke up again Mallory was asleep in the chair beside my bed. Holding my hand. I tried to get comfortable, didn't work but I eventually fell asleep again. I then realized that the beeping the machines did in my dream, where the same as I was hearing, Synchronized.

Waking up. Mallory was still in the chair. But awake.

“Morning, __________. How are you doing?” Mallory asked.

“As well as can be expected, I guess. I have never been this hurt.”

Leaning close, “I think you would have if your mom knew you didn't wear anything under your prom dress.” Mallory whispered.

“I think so” Then I got sad. Mom, Dad and Kevin were gone. Killed by some stupid truck driver.

“What's the matter,__________” Again not hearing any name for who I was suppose to be.

“I thought about my family. Never seeing them again. Me and my Dad's fishing weekends. My mom's great cooking. Kevin being a pain in the ass as normal.

“yeah, I know it is hard. But I have good news. When you finally get out of here you are coming to live with me and my family.”

“What!” I said feebly.

“yes, Mom and Dad have been talking with your parents lawyer. It is been all arranged.

“really? I squeaked out. “Your Mom and Dad have been like parents to me since we met.”

“You do also call my Mom and Dad, Mom and Dad. Have for the past 10 years.”

“Well they are like another Mom and Dad to me. Have been for years.”

“Well yours were to me too. Mallory sadly said.

“Wow, Thanks, Mom.” I whispered. Mom, came over and took my hand and kissed me on the forehead.

“What about Fluff and Tink?” I asked. Thinking of my cat and our Sheltie.

“They are already at our house”

Breathing a sigh of relief. “Thanks, Mallory. Or should I say Sis.”

“Well we have been like sisters for years.” Mallory said.

“Yea, we have.” I said. Yet the beeping continued. In almost perfect synchronization with the machine next to my dreams hospital bed. Me and Mallory talked for a while.

Until the nurses came to take me for more tests. The dream ended or paused. What could these dreams mean or show. It was like the girl in my dreams was mimicking my life, as it was the same as mine as I lost my family they were killed in a car crash. I was baffled by them. This series of dreams of a young lady, with an unknown to me name.

Concentrating I tried to think of my past. I was born in Ashville, North Carolina. Grew up in Black Mountain, NC. That is where it became fuzzy. I began remembering girl stuff. Not my real past. Memories of my first period, Going from a training bra to my first real bra. My first date, the first kiss, letting my boyfriend get to second base. But getting tagged out while while trying to steal third. Graduating from Charles Owen High school with honors. Trying to remember anything past graduation was impossible.

Next thing I know another dream starts. I am in the spare room at Mallory's. But it is no longer the spare room it is my room. It has been a month since I got released from the hospital. I was in their for 3 months until the Dr said I could go home. My bruises were gone.

My hair had started growing back where I had that piece of metal taken from my head. My broken arm and leg have just been taken out of the casts, healed. My ribs where still sore but I was able to breath almost normally. I stood in front of my full length mirror. I was wearing just my bra and panties. Until recently I was not even able to have a bra on. The constriction of the straps caused my ribs to hurt too much.

Looking at my body. I did have some scars from the accident. The one on my right side where they put in the tube to inflate my collapsed lung. On my right leg, and a nice one on my right arm. Were they had to repair some tendons. I still have a little trouble with my grip on my right hand but is getting better.

I go to physical therapy twice a week. Luckily I only missed the first 2 weeks of school. It was mine and Mallory's senior year The first day was overwhelming for me and Mom had to come get me. It seemed like everyone in school was asking how I was doing, or sorry about your family. I knew they meant well but it just overwhelmed me. I started crying.

The school called Mom to pick me up. My new Mom, was so understanding. She dropped me off at home and went back to work. I just curled up on my bed with Tink and listened to the radio. Tink hardly leaves my side, anymore. Wanting to be with me every were, even school. She was missing the family. Tink seems to be alright with our new family, but I know she misses Mom, Dad and Kevin. “So do I, girl so do I” I said to Tink. She looked up and wagged her tail.

The dream faded then came back. I was standing next to my first car. Mom was taking a picture. Smiling, I waited.

A soft click of the camera. “There you and your first car. Saved for posterity. Mom said.

“So lets go cruising.” Mallory was even happier than I was.

“OK, Girls just behave. And be home by 10. It is a school night.” Mom added as she went into the house.

“Yes, Mom.”

We got in my new car, it was a graduation present for myself. I got the settlement from the trucking company. Which owned the truck that killed my family. 1.45 million, put in a trust fund. I had finally decided what car I wanted I bought a brand new 86 Mustang GT. In cylipso green. It was fully loaded even had t-tops.

Me and Mallory drove all over. It was great owning your own car.

The next day at school all my friends wanted a ride. And the motorheads wanted to race.
It was a fast car.

As I fell a sleep in my dream, my sub conscious seemed to wake up. What ever dream that was happening. It was mimicking my real past, but as a girl not a boy. In my past my real past I was in a car accident that killed my parents and little brother. I did have a Shetland Sheepdog named Tink and a cat name Fluff. I was in the hospital for 3 months then I went to live with my grandparents who luckily lived in Montreat, NC. So I was able to graduate from my same high school.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
131 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm starting to see

Samantha Heart's picture

A patren here. The military changed him to her & although a few memories maybe slightly different they ARE the same just diffrent gender. I think the reason no name yet is she is to choose one. I'm Thinking Jill Carolin West or Kelly Jean West. Personally I like the first one best it flows.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.