Castle The Series - 0070 Lillian, Modesty, Vivienne, Ivy, Lilac

Printer-friendly version

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004550

A LYRICAL ROMANCE

LILLIAN (48) AND TUSSOCK (43)

Word Usage Key is at the end. The brackets after a character e.g. CLAIRE (4 nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old and a character not encountered before. Ages of incomers are in Earth years at this point and of Folk in Castle years. (4 Folk yrs ≈ 5 Earth yrs. l is lunes, t is tenners.) There is a list of chapters and their significant characters at the bottom too.

1st of Chent Day 4

Lillian was forty-eight, and she couldn’t stop crying for the loss of Spencer, her husband of twenty-nine years, her four children, their husbands and wives and her numerous grandchildren. For her Castle was an emotional dessert, all she loved was not here. There was nothing that mattered to her here. She belonged to an ethnic subgroup for whom their language, music, song and dance had been an identifying and unifying feature. The sense of belonging to that subgroup with its reliance on the importance of family both close and extended had been a defining part of her life. She’d worked as an assembly line worker in a factory that assembled electronic subcomponents for factories that did something else with what she produced. She had no idea what the bits she handled were, and she’d cared even less what they went to make. It was a job that earnt what she needed, and it wasn’t difficult. The job would have been boring, but the women she worked with, also of her ethnicity, kept themselves from boredom with their constant flow of gossip concerning local events and people they all knew.

Though she had lived in a mainland community it was one that had many clan ties with the Ocean Isles and Vorn was their primary language. She was proud she was a McNeillsen and could trace her ancestry back beyond Óengus McNeill.(1) Her hobby was making felt and using the felt she made to create large collages for public displays, which also contributed to her income. At her interview Zephyr, a seamstress who had asked her if she would consider making a craft out of felting, more from a belief she had to do something rather than any particular desire to do so she had agreed. She instinctively understood the explanations of how the Folk felt regarding family, kin and clan and more so kith, but it meant nothing to her as she was an outsider who had no connection with them. She had been to the dinner dances and enjoyed herself, but the sense of belonging had been missing.

She went to the dinner dance on Quarterday, and it was just the same as the other two she had been to till she heard Tussock playing the fiddil(2) in between the dancing. He was playing a nostalgic melancholy, music she understood at the deepest level. It was a reflection of the dubhachas(3) that afflicted all her ethnic group from time to time which could be viciously self destructive to expatriates. He was a superb player, and his solo created total silence berount(4) him as the audience absorbed the soaring, fleeting, hauntingly desolate emotions he so skilfully wove in and berount his creation, and it moved her to tears. It was the first familiar emotion she had encountered here, her first tenuous connection with Castle and the Folk. Unlike many such airs, his ended with questioning notes of hope and expectation, and it maekt(5) her believe perhaps she could survive in this place so familiar yet simultaneously so alien.

When the dancing recommenced, she sought him out and said, “Your music was intensely moving, and it maekt me feel not quite such a stranger. I thank you for the experience.”

Tussock introduced himself and said, “I seeën(6) your emotion and response to my music. It was a new piece I have never playt(7) for any before, and it grew as a result of what I seeën in you. Your response maekt it far more powerful, and it is I who have to offer gratitude, Mistress…?”

“Lillian,” she had replied quickly.

“Mistress Lillian,” he had responded. They continued spaeking(8) of her musical heritage and his musical desires. He had stopped a kitchener(9) and requested two plum brandies. They sipped the brandy and continued to spaek(10) for an hour, of both music and themselfs,(11) when he said, “I have to play again now. I have a piece in my head inspiert(12) by our conversation. May I have spaech(13) with you regards it after I have playt?” She had agreed willingly, and as he taekt(14) his stance she wondered what she was going to hear. It was totally different from what he had played before. It was a lyrical romance. It was beautifully melodic, each note and chord seamlessly and fluidly melding from the last into the next. It lasted twice the whilth(15) that was usual for such pieces, but as with his first piece it also ended on questioning notes, almost as if it were unfinished and were in need of just one more note for completion. The applause was thunderous, and after he expressed gratitude to the audience he telt(16) them, “I createt(17) the piece in the last hour, and it is naemt(18) Lillian.”

He stood down for others to play, and walked to where Lillian was sitting. He asked her, “What is your reply?” Lillian was flooding with tears at his musical proposal. She stood and held her arms out to him. He taekt her in his arms and kissed her gently saying, “Let us go home, my love, there are other musicians who will gladly play in my place.”

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004560

A COMMUNE OF THIRTY-FIVE THOUSAND

MODESTY 42 AND THYME (45)

1st of Chent Day 4

Modesty had always been embarrassed by her name, but when she arrived on Castle that had ceased. Here her name was a popular one regarded as an attractive and rather feminine one, which entirely suited her self-image. She was a woman who’d had problems with the way her society had existed, and she had lived in four different communes since the age of eighteen. She was forty-two, and she’d had four unsuccessful relationships, all with men who had thought manhood had involved the control of others. All four communes and relationships had failed due to problems concerning money and sex. That they hadn’t succeeded had in no way tarnished her views on the way people should live.

She had always kept goats, and she’d bred milch goats to a high standard of production both in terms of milk quantity and quality concerning taste and milk fat content. At her interviews on Castle she had said she would like to continue to breed high quality milch goats if possible. Solace, Mistress milch goat-keeper, had telt her she would be delighted to work with her given the results she had achieved. They had decided to split the flock with the larger group maintained by Solace as a control and Modesty managing the smaller, higher quality flock which would ultimately produce the billies at stud. Both were happy with the arrangement, and they had agreed to meet regularly for discussions as to how to achieve flock improvement as quickly as possible.

She had been introduced to Thyme, who was three years older than she, at the dinner dance on her second day on Castle. He had telt her he was a meat kine herder and had three young children. He had asked her to marry him, and she had said, “I shall take the matter under consideration. I want to know you better, and I am willing to sleep with you tonight, and discuss our future if I consider we have one tomorrow, but I am not prepared to do anything other than that. If you can’t accept sleeping with you tonight is just a pleasant way to spend some time together with a view to becoming better acquainted then I suggest we both look elsewhere.” He had accepted her terms and maekt arrangements for the children to stay with his sister. When Modesty telt him the same the nexteve,(19) he had become hopeful of the outcome of his suit. The day after, Quarterday, she had asked him, “If I agree to marry you I understand I am the mother to your children. Is that correct?”

“Yes, that is what the Way says. I not only wish you as my wife, I wish a mother for my children and a mother for the children I hope to have.”

“Then if you want me you have a wife,” Modesty said. “I am finally convinced you would make me a good husband and would appreciate an early reply.”

“Yes, Modesty, my wife.”

They spent the next few minutes in activities normal to such situations. After they braekt(20) apart, Thyme telt her, “We need more furniture, and I should like to order a crib from Peregrine. Other than that I am willing to do what ever you wish, my love.” Modesty had arrived at her destiny with her fifth man in her fifth commune, a commune of thirty-five thousand Folk, and she was looking forward to meeting her children.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004570

ONLY ONE NIGHT STANDS

VIVIENNE (43) AND MINYET (45)

1st of Chent Day 4

Vivienne was a forty-three year old who had never married. She’d had two children who had grown up and left to make their own way in the world without leaving any means for her to contact them. She had worked for a small, national chain of artisan bakers making speciality breads, which, in practice, meant using larger company’s leftovers in a creative way to make cheap to produce, expensively priced but tasty products: using brains to create profit. She had joined the Keep bakers at Milligan’s request, and she was looking forward to her crafting. Her hobbies had been the making of soap and pomanders, and she was cross crafting with the soap makers. She was a plain and solidly built woman of generous bosom and even more substantial hips who had only ever admitted to herself it hurt to not be able to attract a man for anything other than a one night stand. She was, as far as she knew, still able to have children. She still had the stomach aches and irritability as well as the bleeding every lune, and Castle offered a good opportunity for the man and family which she had wished for so long.

She had met Minyet at the dance the eve before, and she’d spent the night with him. He was a smith by craft and a widower a couple of years older than she, and he had six grown up children and fourteen grandchildren which had pleased her. He had admitted more children was not a priority for him, but if it happened he would be pleased to be a father again. She now had a considerate husband of massive proportions, strongth(21) and, despite his age, stamina which she had enjoyed, and she was hoping she would become pregnant soon. That Minyet enjoyed and appreciated the generosity of her figure had been obvious when they maekt love. Her life was better than it had ever been.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004580

A MARE AND HER STALLION

EVE IVY AND HER RACONTEUR

1st of Chent Day 4

By the middle of the eve the White Swan was packed. The entire Folk had heard of Ivy’s man, and hundreds of them had called in with the express purpose of meeting him, and of course to have a glass or two whilst they were there. David had maekt good his claim concerning story telling several times, including a fictitious tale which must have been a recent creation since it was a risqué, ribald and salacious satire concerning Folkbirtht Freddy(22) from the point of view of his agreän(23) Newfolk Nelly which had established his reputation as a first class entertainer immediately. He was already a firm favourite with the leisure crafters who rented the upstairs chambers and the regular drinking clientèle.

Ivy was idly wondering if may hap nexteve they should open the large dancing hall which was usually only opened when booked for special events. There was a long counter in there, and she could bring in extra help whilst David entertained the customers from the musician’s platform. David was currently rushed off his feet keeping the thirsty drinkers supplied with Joseph brew Master’s Liquid Gold, despite the assistance of eight regular serving staff and six others Ivy had had to send out for.

Ivy caught up with him, “Any regrets, Husband?”

“No,” laught David, “It’s tiring, but I don’t think I’ve been this happy for years.”

“Don’t become too tiren.(24) There’re two and a half hours to go before we close, and you’ll need some strongth left for after that,” she said giving him an arch look.

David as always ready with a quip said, “It’s not taking that much out of me, my dear.”

He hesitated a little, and Ivy, who knew men were far more sensitive of such things than most women appreciated, thinking he was worried regards bedtime said in carefully measured tones, “David there is naught to be concernt(25) over. Neither of us are young any longer, and I’m not a brood mare in her heatth(26) seeking a stallion at stud.”

“It’s not that! We’re married right?”

“Yes, in the sight of the Folk,” said Ivy wondering where this was going.

“Does that make us trade partners?”

“As long as you’re my man, what I own you own, and what ever you have is mine,” she declared looking as demure as a maid. They both chuckled at her none too subtle innuendo.

“I was thinking of what you said on the platform about family being the best for reliability.”

“David, I don’t care how virile you are, you’re not going to have me with child,” she retorted. Then as the sense of his remark slowly dawned on her she said, “And you the incomer too! You’re right. We need a couple of children. We’ll go to the Master at arms office nextday(27) to see if we can find any who are suitable, willing and seeking a change of placement. There usually are.” A sudden thought came to her, “And if they have children so much the better. I’ve never bethinkt(28) me of it before because this place has always taken all my time and energy, but I’ve just taken a fancy to grandchildren. A couple of children to ease our age and—” She stopped, her mind running on with the dreams and possibilities that were opening in front of her. She kissed his cheek and said, “I am glad I goent(29) on the platform thisday.(30) I doet(31) have doubts of it you know.”

“I’m sure you did,” said David equably. “Just coming,” he shouted to a couple of men banging their empty mugs on the counter for service. “Two mugs of Black Beauty?” he asked before the men pushed their mugs towards him nodding in agreement.

After most of the patrons had gone home and the clearing up had been done leaving just Ollenda to serve any overnight drinkers, who mostly were Eorl’s staff at Geoffrey’s stables next door, David pointed to a picture on the wall and asked, “Your children, Ivy?”

“No unfortunately I’ve never had any. They’re Zeeëend, in the middle next to me, Zrina on the right and Zlovan on the left. Hobby paintet(32) it for me when the children were fourteen and he was twenty-one, before he became famous and expensive. The children’s parents were loes(33) to the fevers, it taekt Aaron’s intendet(34) Hester too, whom I liekt.(35) Their parents had always taken my part in any acrimony concerning me and there was plenty in those days, and they were friends of mine. The children knew me and I took them in to keep them from any despite, though it turnt(36) out to be next to none. They craft for Will as hunters and craft together.

“They are both triplets and agreäns. Most folk have probably forgotten now, but Zeeëend has the parts of both a man and a woman. Because of their names and Zeeëend’s ambiguity they refer to each other as ze not he or she and regard it as a joke. Zeeëend has both fathert(37) children and birtht(38) them. I’m not sure if that is general knowledge, so I’d appreciate it if you keept(39) that to yourself. They live in an isolaett(40) valley at some whilth,(41) but whenever they are at the Keep they stay here as family, so you’ll meet them eventually. They are good folk, you’ll like them. Now to bed and we’ll see what we remember and how much of it we can still do. If you feel inclined to reach a gallop don’t let me hold you back man of mine, for I shall try to keep up.” The pair were chuckling as they headed upstairs to bed where both were more than happy to admit the pleasures they enjoyed were due to a goodly proportion of admixt(42) memories.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00004590

FOUR IN A BED

LATE EVE JASMINE, LILAC, ASH AND BEECH

1st of Chent Day4

On the way back from the Greathall to Ash and Beech’s mother’s at Outgangside they had walked four abreast hand in hand. “No doubt there will be things you wish to know,” Jasmine had said. “I’ll start with the obvious things, and if there’s aught I leave out you can ask. The children are ours, the father of each is either Ash or Beech, we prefer to consider it as both of them. They’re the only men I have ever known. We’ve no limitations on our love, and if any of us wishes to sleep alone we do. Our large bed takes three, but it will easily take four. You are well come to join us. You don’t have to join with any of us till you decide you wish to, but you are well come to be with us when we do and join in in any way you are comfortable with.

“We’ve a large dwelling, and there is a chamber for you to use or no as you wish. We are going to have to make our dwelling bigger because I have no intention of stopping with this one,” at this point Jasmine was rubbing her pregnant bulge, “and eventually there will be the ones you have too. At least one of us is always to be findt(43) crafting at home with the children, though the older ones will betimes be able to come with out with us. You and I each have a wife and two husbands. Ash and Beech have two wifes(44) and a husband and most importantly the children have two mums and two dads.”

Lilac who had only ever had Joe in her life to love before, and that was for all too short a time, felt she now had all she had ever dreamt of, a whole family of love, nine and soon to be ten of them. She hoped soon there would be the adult dimension of lovers too. She had safety, security, love, everything Joe had spaken(45) of. “That answers everything I think. I only have one question. Whom may I share a bed with at your mum’s?”

The three laught, and Beech growled, “She’s your mum too now, and we’ve a bed at Mum’s. It’s not as big as ours at home, but just big enough for all of us, all four of us if you wish.”

“That sounds good,” said Lilac, still not quite uest(46) to the idea Ash’s and Beech’s mum was Jasmine’s mum too, and hers too now. “I should like to tell you about me if I may? At any rate, the only things that matter to me.”

“Of course,” rumbled Beech.

By the time she had finished telling them of Joe, they were there, and Jasmine said, “I’ll tell you how I met this pair when we’re in bed, and if I have any interruptions we tickle them, right?”

“That’s not fair,” said an amused Ash.

“I know. But it will establish total female supremacy right from the start, and that has naught to do with fairth.(47) Mother will be awake, but in bed awaiting us to come in to say goodnight. So we do that quietly so as not to awaken any of the children, and go to bed. Lilac’s awaiting that story.”

All four of them said, “Goodnight, Mum,” at the doorway of a ground floor chamber.

A pleasantly full female voice said, “Goodnight,” to each of them and, “We’ll spaek more in the forenoon, Daughter,” to Lilac.

The four of them quietly maekt their way to a large chamber upstairs where Lilac saw a bed she thought would fit at least a dozen. In astonishment she said, “I thought you said the bed would only just fit us.”

Ash laught, and said, “Wait till the forenoon when there’re all the children in it as well as us.”

As they undresst(48) the three looked at Lilac with interest, and she looked at them with equal interest, especially Jasmine because Joe had said to have children. Before they slid into bed, Jasmine said, “I have to be on the outside because I awaken at least twice a night for the facility when I’m pregnant, so you slide in before me. If you feel like I’m poking you in the night it’ll be the babe kicking. Here.” Jasmine put Lilac’s hand to her bump.

“How do you sleep?” Lilac asked in astonishment.

“Oft I can’t, but love making calms the babe, and if I can’t sleep I don’t see why both my husbands should be able to.”

“We take it in turns to sleep or keep Jasmine happy, Lilac. It’s the best reason we know of to share a wife: the ability to get some sleep. Of course, come the day you both need us we’ll have to devise a new plan. May hap one of makes love twice and the other sleeps, or we have to share the crafting!” Beech had explained without a trace of humour in his voice. The four of them laught, but Jasmine shushed them, and pushed Lilac towards the bed.

Lilac got into bed and was snuggled by Beech and by Jasmine who telt the story of a pair of unscrupulous twins who years over had swapped places when taking advantage of her without her being any the wiser. “But I revengt(49) myself,” she said, “I marryt(50) them both.”

“Much as I should like to have some fun thisnight(51) my dears with any and all of you, I suggest we have some sleep,” Ash said. “We have what we came for. Lilac, my love, that’s you by the bye, and the trip was worth every bit of the effort and more, but we’ve to be up early to load the waggon with chattels and children and drive home.”

They all agreed, and holding hands with Jasmine and Beech Lilac felt safer than she had ever done in her whole life. She was aware when Jasmine arose Ash did too to take Jasmine’s place next to her. Jasmine slid back in on the other side of Beech when she returned. Lilac reached for and held Ash’s hand too, and she went back to sleep thinking of Joe.

Index of significant characters so far listed by Chapter

1 Introduction
2 Jacques de Saint d’Espéranche
3 The Folk and the Keep
4 Hwijje, Travisher, Will
5 Yew, Allan, Rowan,Siskin, Will, Thomas, Merle, Molly, Aaron, Gareth, Oak, Abigail, Milligan, Basil, Vinnek, Iris, Margæt, Gilla, Alsike, Alfalfa, Gibb, Happith, Kroïn, Mako, Pilot, Briar, Gosellyn, Gren, Hazel
6 Chaunter, Waxwing, Flame, João, Clansaver, Irune, Ceël, Barroo, Campion, Limpet, Vlæna, Xera, Rook, Falcon, Cwm, Sanderling, Aldeia, Catarina, Coast, Elixabete,
7Mercedes, Spoonbill
8 Lyllabette, Yoomarrianna
9 Helen, Duncan, Gosellyn, Eudes, Abigail
10 George/Gage, Iris, Waverley, Belinda
11 Marc/Marcy, Pol
12 George/Gage, Marcy, Freddy/Bittern, Weyland, Iris, Bling
13 Thomas, Will, Mercedes, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna
14 Kyle, Thomas, Will, Angélique
15 Mercedes, Morgelle, Gorse, Thrift, George/Gage, Chris, Iris, Thrift, Campion
16 Bling
17 Waverley, Mr. E
18 George/Gage, Larch, Mari, Ford, Gorse, Morgelle, Luke, Erin
19 Will, Pilot, Yew, Geoge/Gage, Mari, Ford, Gosellyn, Cwm, Cerise, Filbert, Gareth, Duncan, Helen, Thomas, Iris, Plume, Campion, Pim, Rook, Falcon, João, Hare
20 Yew, Rowan, Will, Thomas, Siskin, Weir, Grayling, Willow
21 Brook, Harrier, Cherry, Abby, Selena, Borage, Sætwæn, Fiona, Fergal
22 Yew, Thomas, Hazel, Rowan, Gosellyn, Siskin, Will, Lianna, Duncan
23 Tench, Knawel, Claire, Oliver, Loosestrife, Bramling, George, Lyre, Janice, Kæn, Joan, Eric
24 Luke, Sanderling, Ursula, Gervaise, Mike, Spruce, Moss
25 Janet, Vincent, Douglas, Alec, Alice
26 Pearl, Merlin, Willow, Ella, Suki, Tull, Irena
27 Gina, Hardy, Lilac, Jessica, Teal, Anna
28 Bryony, Judith, Bronwen, Farsight
29 Muriel, Raquel, Grace
30 Catherine, Crane, Snipe, Winifred, Dominique, Ferdinand
31 Alma, Allan, Morris, Miranda
32 Dabchick, Nigel
33 Raquel, Thistle, Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Phœbe
34 Eleanor, Woad, Catherine, Crane
35 Muriel, Hail, Joan, Breve, Eric, Nell, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
36 Selena,Sætwæn, Borage, Grace, Gatekeeper, Raquel, Thistle
37 Siân, Mackerel, Winifred, Obsidian
38 Carla, Petrel, Alkanet, Ferdinand
39 Dominique, Oxlip, Alma, Allan, Tress, Bryony
40 Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Ella, Kestrel, Judith, Storm
41 Ella, Kestrel, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane
42 Weights & Measures and Sunrise & Sunset Times included in Ch 41
43 Ella, Kestrel, Serenity, Smile, Gwendoline, Rook, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane, Sapphire, Mere
44 Pearl, Merlin, Rainbow, Perch, Joan, Breve, truth, Rachael, Hedger, Ruby, Deepwater
45 Janet, Blackdyke, Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster
46 Janet, Gina, Alastaire, Joan, Breve, Truth, Bræth, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
47 The Squad, Mercedes, Fen, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
48 Bronwen, Forest, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Kathleen, Niall, Bluebell, Sophie
49 Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster, Imogen, Wryneck, Phœbe, Knapps
50 Erin, Nightjar, Eleanor, Woad
51 Gina, Jonas, Janet, Gerald, Patrick, Tansy, Craig, Barret, Ryan
52 Constance, Rye, Bling, Bullace, Berry, Jimmy, Leveret, Rory, Shelagh, Silas
53 Rachael, Hedger, Eve, Gilla, Mallard, Fiona, Fergal, Tinder, Nightingale, Fran, Dyker
54 Pamela, Mullein, Patricia, Chestnut, Lavinia, Ophæn, Catherine, Crane
55 Susan, Kingfisher, Janet, Gina, Jonas, Ruth, Kilroy, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
56 Gina, Jonas, Patricia, Chestnut, The Squad, Hazel, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch, Mangel, Clary, Brendan
57 Erin, Nightjar, Xera, Josephine, Wels, Michelle, Musk, Swansdown, Tenor
58 Timothy, Axel, Nectar, Waverley,Yvette, Whitebear, Firefly, Farsight, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch
59 Lilac, Firefly, Farsight, Lucinda, Gimlet, Leech, Janet, Blackdyke
60 Douglas, Lunelight, Yvette, Whitebear, Thrift, Haw, Harebell, Goosander, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew, Matilda, Evan, Heron
61 Brendan, Clary, Chloë, Apricot, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna, Otis, Harry, Gimlet, Leech, Jodie
62 Gimlet, Leech, Lark, Seth, Charles, Bruana, Noah, Kirsty, Shirley, Mint, Kevin, Faith, Oak, Lilly, Jason, Gem, Ellen
63 Honesty, Peter, Bella, Abel, Kell, Deal, Siobhan, Scout, Jodie
64 Heather, Jon, Anise, Holly, Gift, Dirk, Lilac, Jasmine, Ash, Beech, Ivy, David
65 Sérent, Dace, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Clarissa, Gorse, Eagle, Frond, Diana, Gander, Gyre, Tania, Alice, Alec
66 Suki, Tull, Buzzard, Mint, Kevin, Harmony, Fran, Dyker, Joining the Clans, Pamela, Mullein, Mist, Francis, Kristiana, Cliff, Patricia, Chestnut, Timothy, Axel, Nectar, Waverly, Tarragon, Edrydd, Louise, Turnstone, Jane, Mase, Cynthia, Merle, Warbler, Spearmint, Stonecrop
67 Warbler, Jed, Fiona, Fergal, Marcy, Wayland, Otday, Xoë, Luval, Spearmint, Stonecrop, Merle, Cynthia, Eorle, Betony, Smile
68 Pansy, Pim,Phlox, Stuart, Marilyn, Goth, Lunelight, Douglas, Crystal, Godwit, Estelle, Slimlyspoon, Lyre, George, Damson, Lilac
69 Honesty, Peter, Abel, Bella, Judith, storm, Matilda, Evean, Iola, Heron, Mint, Kevin, Lilac, Happith, Gloria, Peregrine

Word Usage Key

1 Óengus McNeill, see Ch 10 Morgelle for further information.
2 Fiddil, fiddle, violin.
3 Dubhachas. A black, bleak and desolate longing, depression, dreariness, melancholy, deep sadness.
4 Berount, around.
5 Maekt, made.
6 Seeën, saw.
7 Playt, played.
8 Spaeking, speaking.
9 Kitchener, though part of the kitchen staff the kitcheners are a distinct craft comprising kitchen supervisors and their staff of servers, waiters, dish washers and storekeepers.
10 Spaek, speak.
11 Themselfs, themselves.
12 Inspiert, inspired.
13 Spaech, speech.
14 Taekt, took.
15 Whilth, duration
16 Telt, told.
17 Createt, created.
18 Naemt, named.
19 Nexteve, tomorrow evening.
20 Braekt, broke.
21 Strongth, strength.
22 Folkbirtht Freddy, Folk born Freddy.
23 Agreän(s), the person(s) one has marital agreement with, spouse(s).
24 Tiren, tired.
25 Concernt, concerned.
26 Agreän(s), the person(s) one has marital agreement with, spouse(s).
27 Nextday, tomorrow.
28 Bethinkt, thought.
29 Goent, went.
30 Thisday, today.
31 Doet, did, pronounced dote.
32 Paintet, painted.
33 Loes, lost.
34 Intendet, fiancée.
35 Liekt, liked.
36 Turnt, turned.
37 Fathert, fathered.
38 Birtht, given birth to.
39 Keept, kept.
40 Isolaett, isolated.
41 Whilth, distance expressed as the time it takes to travel it.
42 Admixt, admixed.
43 Findt, found.
44 Wifes, wives.
45 Spaken, spoken.
46 Uest, used.
47 Fairth, fairness.
48 Undresst, undressed.
49 Revengt, revenged.
50 Marryt, married.
51 Thisnight, tonight.

up
24 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos