Camelot Network Solutions Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

“Aisha, how long have you been programming?” Gloria glances over towards her.

“Since I was in high school in Australia.” Aisha was watching the countryside as they drove down the highway from the airport.

“You have an impressive resume and the people who you put down for references, gave you a glowing review.” Gloria was impressed with Aisha’s background.

“I love what I do. I do have a question, for you. What are you going to do with Venture Gaming and their current project?” Aisha was curious about that.

“That’s why we brought you out here. There some unusual activity going on with the company and with the current game your working on. Plus, I’m hoping you can shed some light on it.”

“What do you mean, by unusual activity?” That statement got Aisha’s attention.

“That Venture has more activity than it should. The membership doesn’t equal the level of activity the serves are receiving and sending out.”

“Humm, that does seem weird. I do know that in the new game I am working on. One of the programmers is adding or redoing code that I either add or others add.” Aisha wonders what Jester was doing.

“Who is the programmer?” Gloria wonders of all the programmers, who it was.

“It’s a programmer that goes by the handle of Jester. I think he might have something to do with the increasing activity.”

“Jester? I’ve never heard of a person going by that name.”

“He’s normally on after most of us have finished our coding for the day or in a few First Person Shooter games. He likes cheating.” Aisha didn’t like playing in any game he was in.

“Well, we’ll see how he likes me and a few others at Camelot.” Gloria loves combating would-be hackers.

Morgana’s Private Quarters:
Morgana was feeling sore from all the probing and testing Caroline put her through. She had more movement now with her legs. She could feel below her waist for the first in several years since the accident she had been in.

Caroline could only stay one more day before she had to head back to Texas. She wanted to be there when her new daughters arrived. As for Dakota’s stuff, they would pack her belongings up and send them to her at her new residence with Terry. However, she was going to write up a strict regiment for Morgana to follow.

She was amazed at how quickly the nanites had healed Morgana’s nerve damage and muscle damage. Now that Morgana was healed, she’ll have to work on building her muscles up in her legs. Caroline figures that with proper rehab, Morgana will get full use of her legs within a year or so.

Caroline hears her laptop beep. She walks over and notices it was her new daughters and they wanted to talk to her. A smile appears on her face, as she sits down to talk to them.

Wind Turbine Field:
Tinker and two of her assistants were out inspecting wind turbine thirty-four. The power flow from it was erratic. Tinker was up inside the tower testing the generator output.

“What are your readings, Tinker?” Kincaid was halfway up the tower checking the cables and the junction box.

Shelly was at the base of the tower with whatever replacement part they needed. She had a fear height and didn’t like climbing all the way up to the top.

“There within an acceptable range. I’m going to check the electronics control box.”

“Alright, everything is fine here.” Kincaid shuts the junction box.

Shelly could hear Kincaid and Tinker inside the huge tube they were in. She really didn’t like the wind turbines that much.

“Could the problem be at the transformer?” Shelly yells up at Kincaid.

“That’s our next stop, after checking the turbine itself.” Kincaid looks down at Shelly.

He was almost to the top of the tower, but could still hear when she yelled up at him. They could use the walkie talkies they had.

“Coming down.” Tinker starts climbing back down the ladder.

She checked the electrics control box and found no problem. She performed several tests to eliminate any doubts.

“Alright, I’m coming down, Shelly.” Kincaid heads down the ladder.

Shelly watches as Kincaid and Tinker come down the ladder. She grabs hold of his tool bag as he finally makes it to the bottom.

“You and Tinker are crazy climbing up that high.” Shelly had a teasing smile on her face.

“Come on goofy. You can check the transformer.” Tinker looks at Shelly.

“Oh, goodie!” Shelly walks over to the transformer and open the control panel.

Tinker and Kincaid watch her and stand-by to help if she needs it. She plugs her diagnostic cable from her PAD into the USB ports. She presses a few buttons on her PAD and starts running a few tests. One test shows her that the problem they were having was coming from the transformer.

“I think we found the problem. It’s the transformer here.” Shelly looks at Tinker.

“Great, that means we have to shut down this transformer and change out the main control box.” Kincaid wasn’t liking what they were going to have to do.

“Come on kiddie, its not too bad. Just be careful.” Tinker shuts the transformer down.

In the next few hours, Shelly and Kincaid work on the transformer, while Tinker supervise. She hands them the tools they need and the replacement part as well.

“Alright, I think we got the problem fixed.” Tinker hooks her PAD up to the transformer and runs a few tests.

All of them come out as passing. A smile appears on her face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we have succeeded. Now, let's move onto our next job.” Tinker puts her PAD away and picks her tool bag up.

Shelly and Kincaid moan, as they pick their tool bags up and follow Tinker back to the Castle.

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

One problem fixed

Samantha Heart's picture

Several others to fix some not part of Tinkers job.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

I wonder if Jester works for

I wonder if Jester works for the company or if he is hacking in from the outside