Girls Just Want to Have Fun Chp. 16

Printer-friendly version

Arthur looks at Cassidy as she packs her bags. She finally had the money and the letters she needed to have her surgery. The hospital she was having the surgery done at was in Charlotte, N.C. She’ll be spending a week in Charlotte. Afterward, she’ll be coming back home and be looked after.

Arthur was taking time off from his sheriff's duties to be by Cassidy’s side, while she recovers. He just stands in the doorway to her bedroom.

“You know, you won’t need many clothes.” Arthur had been in the room with Cassidy when the doctor who was doing the surgery informed Cassidy what to expect.

“I know, I just want to make sure I have everything I need.” Cassidy stops and looks at Arthur.

She wonders if he would want to marry her. She never asked him before.

“Arthur, would you say our relationship is serious enough, that we might get married one day?” Cassidy was searching for Arthur’s face.

“Is that what you would like?” Arthur steps closer to Cassidy and pulls her to him.

Cassidy looks up into Arthur’s eyes “Yes! I want to be your wife and raise any children we adopt.”

“So, you want children as well?” Arthur at one time wanted children. He had a soft spot for kids.

“Yes, I want to experience what it would be like to be a mother and also have someone to pass the antique business on to.” Cassidy wanted the antique store to be around after she died.

“You know if we get married. You’ll have to give up making moonshine, don’t you?” Arthur looks down into Cassidy’s eyes.

“Now you’re asking a lot. My family has been making moonshine for a long time. I can’t just quit making moonshine. How about when I make it. I won’t tell you and that way you can remain innocent of knowing about it?” a smile appears on Cassidy’s face.

“You do know you’re putting me in an awkward position by doing that.”

“I know, but making moonshine is my family tradition and my family has been doing it for centuries. It got us through some very tough times.” Cassidy remembered the stories her uncles would tell her about their family history.

How making moonshine had been the way they got money to pay their bills during the hard times in Americans history. How it had been traded for services they needed when family members became sick. Also, how it had even put a few of her cousins through college.

Arthur just shakes his head “look, you’ll have to cut back on your moonshine gig for a while. You have the antique business to bring money in and if we get married, you’ll have my income form the sheriff’s department and my retirement from the military.”

“I promise, I won’t make more than two hundred gallons of moonshine in total. How’s that?” Cassidy figures that would satisfy the number of orders she gets.

“Well, you won’t be making any for a few months after your operation.” He places a kiss on Cassidy’s lips.

Once Cassidy’s has her bags all pack. She carries them out to Arthur’s jeep. They had talked about which vehicle they would take, and
Arthur’s jeep won out. Arthur knew more about his jeep, then about Cassidy’s car.

Cassidy looks at Danny and Larry as they stood nearby. Cassidy walks over and gives each of them a hug “well fellows, it looks like I finally get my dream. When I come home next week, I’ll finally be a girl.”

“Just come back to us, Cassidy.” Larry hugs Cassidy first.

“Yeah, come back to us, safely.” Danny hugs Cassidy as well.

“I will guys.” Cassidy stands back and just look at Danny and Larry.

“Let’s get a move on, Cassidy. We’re looking at a two-n-half hour drive.” Arthur had googled the directions to the hospital Cassidy was going to be admitted to for her operation.

According to the route they were going to take. It was going to take them a shorter time going the route they planned to, then the other three routes.

Cassidy grabs her purse and walks out to Arthur’s jeep. She was feeling excited and nervous at the same time. Cassidy watches as they leave the house and start heading down the driveway.

Arthur glances at her “nervous?”

“Yes! I’m very nervous and wonder how everything will feel, once it is done.” Cassidy has always wonder what it would feel like once she had
the surgery.

“Well, when you are fully healed, we’ll see how well they did their job.” Arthur planned on helping Cassidy break in her new organ.

“Promises, promises.” Cassidy looks at Arthur with a smile on her face.

Arthur just smirks as they follow the directions from Arthur’s cellphone. They had already talked about what they were going to do after Cassidy’s surgery. They finally arrived in Charlotte late in the evening.

They had reserved a room at the Hampton Inn. Cassidy and Arthur were tired by the time they arrived.

“I want to go straight to bed.” Cassidy was glad to get out of the jeep. Two-an-half hours of straight driving was enough for her.

Arthur checks them in and gets their hotel room. They paid for a week and a half. It would give Cassidy some time to adjust to her new situation.

Their room was on the third floor. When they walk into the room, Cassidy flops backward onto the bed. She loved how the room smelled and how soft the bed was. She watches as Arthur carries their luggage into the room.

Arthur notices Cassidy falling backward onto the bed. He had all their luggage in his hand.

“You know, you could help me.”

“Okay.” Cassidy takes some of her bags and sets it aside. They got a room with twin beds since Cassidy wasn’t going to be in any condition to
mess around after she comes from the hospital. Once they are settled in. The two them step into the shower and fool around some since the night was going to be their last night for a while.

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Having had the surgery myself

I can state with authority it is worth it. It gives you a confidence you wouldn't have had before it. There is always a risk of being caught without your panties, now it would be embarrassing but not dangerous.