The Prophet Revised Chapter 15

Printer-friendly version

The Prophet

By Jasmine Monica


Chapter 15


Serininas begins to reveal her grand plan to contront her sister and reclaim what was taken from her. Some have serious questions about her plan

This was the moment that fulfilled Serinina’s life. This was what she had been waiting many long years for. Serinina had been subjected to so much suffering when her crown was stolen from her many years ago. Serinina had survived and she had finally achieved her destiny. She was about to be crowned, but not in the way she had ever envisioned.

This was a totally unprecedented event. It was as unprecedented as when Patinea was crowned in her homeland. Few people were prepared to crown a female as their sovereign leader, and new protocols had to be developed to crown a girl. It was felt it was inappropriate for men to dress and prepare a girl. Women were brought from Sparta to assist her. One of those women was Ajax's own wife, Archippe who was the present Queen of Sparta.

Crowning a new queen of Sparta that would hold sovereignty over Sparta in place of a king was unprecedented. The King was usually chosen by a few powerful houses and approved by the warrior caste. The warrior caste mostly destroyed now.

Archippe wanted a brief word with Serinina before they began. So Serinina stood there alone in her bedroom for several long minutes, dreading what was coming. The door to her bedroom opened and a breathtaking woman glided in with such grace that she felt she could never move that way. And she had extensive classes in feminine grace. Her face almost glowed from the beauty she possessed and long golden locks of braided hair fell down her back. She was very tall and stood towering two feet over Serinina, of course Serinina was just about fourteen now. She still doubted she would ever reach six feet tall. Even Patinea was not that tall as she stood a little under six feet tall. Serinina was cursed to be small and petite and they wondered why she regarded this as a curse on her life rather than a blessing. That's why Serinina silently swore once again to murder the Goddess for what she did to her.

The stunning woman was draped in an elaborate chiton that hung loosely over one shoulder. It was held to her by a golden braided rope tied just under her breasts and crisscrossed them in the middle. A beautiful gold-laced cloak they called a himation covered her chiton. Serinina felt a little intimidated but did her best not to show it. The woman didn’t look angry or upset in any way. Serinina thought that Archippe would be outraged.

“I had a long discussion with my, um, I guess I should still call him my husband, Ajax. We talked about what you did to him and why, and all of that. I was going to be angry at you, but he begged me to hold my temper. He said he is not angry anymore. He agreed with what you did and I do admit that he has made a lot of progress. His attitude is so much better. So I am not angry at you at all Serinina. Ajax understands why you did it and he feels he is better for it. I agree he is better for it. And now we face this defining moment in our nation. We will crown a Queen in place of a King. I couldn’t be happier.”

Serinina blinked in shock and her jaw nearly dropped as Archippe giggled at her surprise. “Don’t look so shocked, my Queen,” Archippe giggled. “We may breed strong women like me and train us to fight and stand equal to our men. We still have a long way to go toward true equality and what my husband could get away with shows that. Ajax deserved what you did, and even he sees that now.”

Then she turned her glare fully on Serinina and spoke in an iron tone. “And you should also see what was done to you is something you needed and deserved. And it has caused you to grow and mature in the way you did. That the women who did this didn’t curse you. It empowered and helped you grow and they did what they had to for you to see the injustice they lived under. Just like you did to Ajax.”

“I do see that,” Serinina admitted. “but unlike my motive, teaching me the injustice the women lived under wasn’t the witch's motive. They simply wanted to humiliate and ridicule me. They wanted me to be weak. I never abused your husband. Teaching him was my motive, and he understands. Proof of that is how he begged you not to be angry or lash out at me. My sister and her witches were cruel to me and I cannot regard what they did as anything but a curse. I did grow, and I did learn a lesson, but it made no difference to them. They didn’t care about me in any way. I was just something for them to destroy and walk over on their path. That’s why I am angry. There was very little difference from the way Patinea acted and the Ajax that you married. She even forcefully seduced and forced men into relationships with her. I loved one of those men she stole. She flaunted that relationship in my face. And then she resolved to get rid of me by forcing me into an unwanted marriage after I was raped. Do you now understand, Archippe.”

The larger woman lurched forward and tightly embraced Serinina. “I am so sorry for what you suffered. There are many vicious women in the world. I am proud to be part of your redemption. Let's get this started.”

Ajax had taught the women how to prepare Serinina for the coronation ceremony that was being prepared at the Temple to Athena. This was going to be a more informal ceremony. They were going to have a grand and very formal ceremony at the magnificent temple of Ares in Sparta in full view of the Nobles and warrior caste.

Serinina was quickly disrobed of her Amazonian attire and quickly dressed as a spartan noblewoman. Archippe and her friend draped a loose-fitting chiton over her body. It hung on one of her shoulders. Then they had to make Serinina look like one of their warrior caste and that meant putting her in the usual spartan armor. They had no armor that would fit the form of a woman. Ares himself helped with that. He brought custom designed bronze armor made at a forge in Olympus and blessed by Hera and Athena. Serinina was jealous of the armor the witches made for Patinea that glowed with the power of the Goddess. She was now being fitted with armor made and blessed by the hand of Ares himself. Most of the women there considered Ares her fiance. A glowing bronze breastplate was strapped on Serinina’s chest that gave enough room on top for her very ample assets. Her breastplate shimmered with the sheer power of Olympus itself. Hera had embedded it with her power. Serinina lifted her legs as the women slid the armored boots on her feet with the bronze shin guards and, finally, the usual spartan helmet with the brilliant red plums on the top. She now looked like a seasoned spartan warrior. A large bronze shield with the spartan Lacedaemon symbol and a large bronze spear finished the look.

Serinina felt the raw electrical energy flowing through her body. She felt that she could fire off a devastating bolt of lightning. She felt so powerful, that she could go to her homeland and take out every single Hekatin with a single blast of her lightning. Still, the Hekatin deserved to suffer much more than a quick death. She wanted to watch the Hekatin all burning alive while tied to a stake. Then she may resurrect them just to do it over again. Serinina heard that the Romans had fed traitors to animals in their arenas during their distant past. Serinina may revive that practice to employ on the Hekatin. That would be very fun to witness. She has also heard about a much more sadistic and painful method of execution they called crucifixion. Serinina didn’t know what it was exactly, but she heard it was one of the most painful methods of execution. Serinina was going to find out what it was. What she had heard was that it involved nails driven through the victim's hands. Thinking of driving nails through the hands of Falconette, Fawnae and Actonia brought a smile to her face. Then doing it to all of the Hekatin. Then every noble that betrayed her and their sons sold into slavery.

Ares, Ajax, and his wife Archippe reentered the room where she stood alone. Ajax turned to Serinina and said, “Serinina, you will be crowned in my place, but we need to discuss something vital about the politics of Sparta. There are some things about the politics of Sparta you need to be aware of. This is vital, okay, Serinina?”

“Yes,” she replied unsure, “What do I need to know?”

“I am only one of two the Kings of Sparta,” Ajax informed Serinina. “I am a King of the Agaid house. There is another king of Sparta that rules alongside me. This is so power isn’t held by only one person. I must rule with another king from the Eurypontid house. The other King's name is Demaratus. I have ruled alongside him, and that is how it has always worked. My wife ruled in my name during my absence, so in essence, she co-ruled with Demaratus.”

Archippe said sourly, “And he has suddenly turned into such a sexist ass lately.” She spate out rudely.

“Demaratus says women are too emotional to rule. He told me to my face that females are not fit to rule because we are too emotionally driven to be rational. He has never been like that before.”

Serinina's eyes widened with a knowing smirk. One of her thinly arched eyebrows rose. “That’s what he says,” Serinina replied. “Hmm, I am glad we will be meeting this guy then. He really sounds like someone that I know. Someone who seriously needs an ass-kicking by a woman.” Someone who had already got his ass kicked by a woman. If this was who she thought he was. His ruse failed at the Golden Isles, and now he's trying it in Sparta.

“Demaratus was informed that I was abdicating following my armies defeat. We informed him that you were going to be crowned in my place. He still thinks he will retain his crown and rule with you. He said something about women being weak, and how he will be able to control them. My wife tried to inform him that you were going to be Sparta’s sole ruler. Still, he disagreed and said something about women being unfit. I know you were never one to follow tradition, so I needed to apprise you that he will be a problem. And there may be a fight. When we arrive with our loyal warriors, he won't have much power or be able to oppose you with what he has left and, facing a Helot uprising. But, we will see how serious he is.”

Ares spoke up, “I seriously doubt that Demaratus will be much trouble. He will see it when we arrive and I really don’t see him wanting to fight it out. If he does, I will tell him to stand down, I really doubt he will dare stand against me and Olympus. If he does, he will not be supported by any of the warrior caste, and he will stand alone. They will likely depose him then. Serinina, there won't be a fight when you arrive on the shores of Sparta. You will be the sole ruler of Sparta, and then all of Greece.”

Ares did not seem not to know who Demaaratus really was, for the moment and Serinina simply laughed. “Lord Ares, I think this man isn't who he says he is, and I think this will mean some trouble” she pointed out. “This Demaratus sounds very much like an asshole I used to follow in my homeland. I do doubt he will be too much trouble for you and me to handle. I am sure he will want to fight to retain his position. I will only be too happy to show him the fight he wants, and take the crown from him.”

Ares considered everything and had the feeling that Serinina knew more than she was revealing for the moment. He gave her a knowing smile and then got the same suspicion himself. “If this is who we think it is, this is just too funny.” Then Ares began laughing. He showed a wicked grin and said, “This is going to be fun. But, Serinina, I think there is something you want, something has been on your mind.”

Serinina looked into Ares's eyes and said, “I want to ask you after my crowning. But, you know what it is, before I ask, what will you say?”

“I will say Yes,” Ares replied.

Serinina was told that it was time to begin the ceremony. She was led down the ancient cobblestone street and into the Grand Temple of Athena. She was led to the raised podium and stood there with Penthesilia and her daughter Princess Cassandra.

Serinina began suffering from traumatic flashbacks from the previous devastating coronation at Denaerk. She remembered standing there on the platform before the temple of Maxis, the witches were there, with her sister Patinea and his mother Aanya, along with many other women who prevented his crowning by transforming him into a girl. The witches transformed the boy and gave the crown to his elder sister. He began feeling the entire event in horrifying flashbacks.

Serinina began trembling, but Ares reassured her that it could not happen now. She would get the crown of Sparta, and anyone who stood in her way would be crushed. Even after being reassured, she still had weaker flashbacks as she looked out at a sea of Spartan warriors and nobles. The Spartans were accompanied by a larger sea of Amazonian warriors and their nobles. Dianna had walked up to them to oversee the crowning of a spartan queen. Serinina stood there proudly wearing her spartan armor and the customary red cape and her plumed spartan helmet.

Ajax, his wife Archippe and more of the spartan noblewomen that assisted in Serinina’s preparation were there for this coronation.

One of the priests of the Temple of Ares was brought here to lead the coronation of Serinina. Serinina was still having weaker flashbacks as Serin when Patinea muttered something in the language of Prognita and touched his shoulder. Serin thought it was a gesture of support for him, but then an unpleasant tingling spread through his entire body. Serin suddenly found himself unable to speak through the feeling of being transformed. Then he felt pain and collapsed.

Serinina began trembling as she remembered the horrifying event. Ares calmed her again and reminded her that everyone here supported her now. She was going to get the crown of Sparta and there was nothing to fear. Serinina forced herself to calm down.

Ares’s Warpriest approached the platform and loudly announced, “We are here on this momentous event for our great State of Sparta. We should all be proud to be witness to this great event in our nation. Serinina Denae The Great, is here to accept the crown of Sacred Sparta.” He shouted to the sea of warriors who raised their spears with a great spartan warrior yell.

The Warpriest held a golden spear and an elaborately decorated spartan helmet encrusted with brilliant colorful plumes on the ridge and inscribed on its top. This was the helmet of the King. The King didn’t actually get a crown in Sparta. She would get one sooner or later. Her ordinary warrior's helmet was lifted off her head. The warpriest of Ares said with emotion and pride, “I crown Serinina Denae, the sole Queen of Sacred Sparta! By divine judgment of Ares and Athena, Serinina Denae is the sole Queen of Sparta, ruler of our country, and leader of the house of Agaid and Eurypontid. All hail our Queen Serenina Denae.” He lifted his fist in the air.

All of the warriors at once shouted, “Haua.” And raised their spears. Serinina heard a great deafening shout, “Long live our queen, Serinina Denae.”

She lifted her golden spear in the air and brilliant bolts of lightning struck across the sky with a deafening thunderclap. Then several rained down on Serinina, electrifying her. Blinding blue-white flashes coursed through her body. It looked frightening as she stood there unharmed as she held her fists in the air. She clearly did carry the authority of Olympus itself this day.

“Then she shouted, Haua.” Trying to imitate a typical spartan warrior cry. Ajax just rolled his eyes and muttered to her, “Um no, please, that was embarrassing.” She couldn’t imitate a spartan war cry with her high pitched girlish teakettle like voice that the Goddess cursed her with. In her anger, an even larger and more massive bolt struck from the sky, and she silently said, “I will destroy you, Prognita.”

“Under my leadership, I will preserve Sparta and make you the greatest state in the Greek nation. We will rule the Greeks as one mighty nation. We will march into Athens, then Argos, then Syracuse, Corinth and Rhodes. They will all kneel before the might of Sparta! One united Greek nation will be the power that makes Europe tremble. Even the mighty King Clovis of the Franks will kneel before us. This marks the beginning of a new era.”

The spartan warriors yelled again in unison. Cassandra began seeing the real Serinina and silently sent a vile curse toward Patinea for creating this. She had a feeling that this would not end with simply uniting Greece under her. She suspected that Serinina had greater ambitions in Europe. Or else, how would she safely transport an army of tens of thousands to her homeland on unstable and really not seaworthy triremes that would take a month.

Then, Serinina turned toward Ares and decided it was time. “Lord Ares, will you take my hand in marriage and be my beloved husband.” She looked into the mighty lord's eyes, hopefully.

“Yes, my love,” He replied. “but, not while we unite Greece. I know you are older and much stronger than you look. Let's wait until you are fifteen. I will marry you when we reach your homeland and you dedicate one of the temples of Maxis to Me.” Ares added.

“I agree, Maxis will be pissed,” Serinina giggled. Then Ares also laughed. “He probably didn’t like the Goddess knocking his statues down either or what Patinea did, but he is a weak bitch. We will also dedicate one of the temples of Prognita to Athena. That ancient fallen temple the girls always play at. We can dedicate that one to my sister Athena.”

She wondered how her people would react to all of this, but Serinina didn’t really care how they felt. None of them gave a rat’s ass how she felt by having her entire life changed against her will when she was a boy suddenly forced into the life of a helpless maiden princess. They can deal with these changes to their faith, or they can die as traitors. She didn’t really care. These were her people now. These are the people who really support and care about her. The people of her homeland cast her out and betrayed her. They can live or die, she didn’t care which. “We are engaged, I will be Serinina Ares.” Shouted Serinina. “Now, let's celebrate. For tomorrow, we sail toward Sparta. Celebrate, eat, feast for our upcoming victory. For tomorrow we sail to war and our destiny of uniting Greece.”

Serinina largely sat alone during the grand celebration of their victory and the breaking of the Greek blockade. Now, the Amazons could supply Troy, and they could hold off indefinitely. Others could handle the defenses now as Serinina was going to Sparta and subjugate the other Greek states. They held a great feast in celebration.

Now, she sat at the table alone, reminiscing about the battles she had fought. She had finally achieved the life she had long for. She had made herself into a great leader and a seasoned warrior. She also felt very traumatized and sad. The first taste of war was a horror that brought her nightmares. She had come upon a burnt-out town with the slain bodies of the villagers, stench, and flies.

Serinina had fought a desperate battle totally outnumbered and trapped. It was her strength and her brilliance that kept the battle from being a total defeat, and they had lost a portion of their forces defeating the Spartan. It wasn’t easy and then they fought onboard ships in a massive naval battle.

This was what total war was all about. Serinina highly doubted that Patinea had ever faced the shit she was now facing. Patinea always fought from a position of almost overwhelming superiority. Patinea was the King on an isolated island putting down feeble rebellions by a power-hungry lady Ansay. Serinina was fighting the total combined strength of the united Greek states, all directed against her, and she had come out victorious. She wondered how Patinea would do in this war. Serinina didn't know, but she would like to know. Then she heard a voice beside her. Serinina turned to see a beautiful Athena who said, “Patinea would not stand a chance. She is smart, but she is not as smart as you are, Serinina. She is strong, but she isn’t as strong as you are. Patinea has nowhere near your skills at leadership. Patinea’s army simply followed her out of fear, for she had the crown. Your army follows you because of your inspiration and guidance. Patinea would have lead her army into a defeat, and she would likely not have survived. That is why I support you, Serinina.”

Serinina gave secret orders that night to upgrade the weapons of their triremes, including the surrendered spartan ships. Then, Serinina called a meeting of the Lords of the Amazonian’s to announce some of her future plans so they would be ready. Serinina had already heard that some of them were already very unhappy because of the course Serinina had set them on.

She arrived at the royal council chamber. The women were seated around a large round table with her mother, the Queen sitting at the dais. Penthesilia, along with her daughter Cassandra sitting at her right.
Lady Hippolyta was sitting on Penthesilia’s left with her daughter Dianna. Dianna was a fierce-looking girl of around sixteen with black hair and olive skin. Then there was Lady Antibrote seated on Cassandra’s right. This woman looked more Nubian than any of the other typical Greek or roman looking women. Her isles were below Hippolyta, and both women had enormous armies of elite trained Hoplite’s and Antibrote also had many forges that made the enchanted weapons and armor the women used. They were always trying to find larger deposits of iron and ore. Lady Alcibie and Theodora were seated on Antibrote’s right and near the center across from the Queen. Their isles were to the west and there wasn’t much iron ore to mine. If there were then, Antibrote would be wanting rights to extract the ore for the forges. Ancibie had vast fertile farmlands which fed most of the Amazons.

Serinina stood behind her mother as the ladies and nobles waited. Then she spoke to them all. “I have decided to set our people on a new course with our involvement with the Spartan. I know this is unusual.

Hippolyta spoke with a deep frown of disapproval. “Yes, you have, indeed. We have defeated the Greeks already, but yet you are planning an expedition to land our forces in Sparta. And this isn’t in any defensive measure. It’s a military occupation and a subjugation of the Spartan people, and it won't end there. You are planning to march into every Greek city-state. This is not our way. How can our Queen allow this?” Hippolyta demanded looking at the Queen.

“They have attacked us, and attacked our allies. I know conquering lands in Europe to in order to expand isn’t our way. But, it is the will of Serinina, and she is favored by Athena. The Goddess had decided it’s time to go into Europe and let our culture be known. Hippolyta, do you want to argue with Athena?”

Hippolyta backed down from Serinina's fierce look. “This has never been Athena's will, I just don’t understand, but this is a perilous move that will have consequences. And it won't even end with the Greek states. I heard you have designs on Clovis and the Franks. It might be the will of Athena, but it seems wrong.”

“This is her will and even you said you would love to land our army on the shores of my homeland after you were told what their King did to me. Are you having second thoughts?”

“I said I would love to,” Replied Hippolyta, “but, not that I would. If you intend to lead us on that path, then we must follow. Is this what you wished to discuss?”

“None of these moves are up for discussion. They will be carried out. I have another matter that I wished to discuss. Actually, I was just going to inform you all. This isn’t up for discussion, either. Sooner or later, we will be in a position to move against the Golden Isles. And when we are finally in a position to land forces in the Golden Isles. I am informing you that the civilians and the people are to be considered exempt from our usual rules of treatment of civilian populations in occupied areas.”

The look of horror spread among all of the ladies. It told Serinina that they fully understood the meaning and her intentions. “Serinina,” gasp Dianna. “We have always had mercy on civilians unless they show us otherwise, especially the women that wish it. This is something we simply can't agree with you.”

“Yes, you can,” replied Serinina in a tone laced with iron. “I speak for Athena and Ares here. The civilians in the Golden Isles won't be treated with mercy of any kind. They are exempt from our standards of treatment. They are all considered hostile. That includes the females. They are allied with the men and will follow men's ways. I know, I was there.”

“But didn’t the girls all support and make friends with you,” Asked Dianna with Cassandra nodding.

“Yes,” replied Serinina, “they supported me after I was transformed. But none of them stood up for me when I was transformed by my sister. None of the girls disapproved of how I was being treated. They didn’t disapprove of what was done to me. They were all behind Patinea and the witches. They are all hostile and to be classified as enemies. Are we clear?” Serinina demanded in a booming voice.

They could try to oppose Serinina’s new direction, but things were very clear. There was no opposing the power Serinina now wielded. Diana suddenly realized with a horrifying icy feeling that if Serinina wanted to seize the crown that there would be little any of them could do to prevent it. What they didn’t realize was that even Athena knew she couldn’t really control Serinina. Athena didn’t approve of Serinina’s course. But with Serinina’s power and her union with Ares, she could do little to stop this thing that was set in motion. That meeting was dismissed and the ladies all left with very puzzled looks on their faces. Serinina turned and left to meet her fiance Ares, and they went into the other room to see the naval commanders waiting for their orders from Serinina.

She stood in front of them and spoke, “Our job now is simple. With the might of the Spartan navy as our allies, we now have overwhelming naval power. The Greek fleet is now of no consequence. But, they are still a possible threat if our fleet sails. Our job is simple, we must destroy them. We no longer have to capture them or save the crews. The fleets of the Athenians, Rhodes, Thebes, and Corinth are to be destroyed. We can leave them enough transports to evacuate their armies when they finally realize that any further struggle is hopeless. That's why I gave orders to arm our galleys and triremes with large ballistas and catapults on the bows. And be aware that Athen’s ships are armed with a secret fire weapon. I suspect they will try a trick when they realize they are defeated. They will probably build a decoy or something to sneak in.”

The commanders yelled in agreement and went out to follow their orders. It was clear, this was going to be simply destruction. There was to be no mercy on the rest of the Greek fleet. The commanders went out to relay the orders to their captains and the crews and they prepared for battle.

The Queen stood on top of the main keep of her castle with her nobles to watch the upcoming naval battle. Most of them knew this was going to be a ruthless attack that was going to result in a massacre. This battle was going to be so one-sided. Serinina was going to have no mercy. She had armed her ships with the most devastating weapons available. She had and had even designed a new class of supership for naval supremacy. It was an enormous ship with six rows of oars on each side and was armed with multiple enlarged catapults on each side and its main deck had iron plating. Its bow and stern had raised decks for additional trebuchets and places for bowsmen and bowwomen to rain down arrows on the enemy decks. The new class of ship was like a galleon before the age of galleons. It looked like a first-rate ship of the line like Nelsons Victory. Serinina’s fleet had three of the superships ready for the upcoming battle.

Serinina had also given secret orders for their ships to sail to the isles and hide. The ships docked on another island to rearm and resupply. The fleet remained docked overnight during the grand celebration and coronation. Serinina had ordered the fleet to sail around in the morning and blockade the remaining Greek ships.

The Greeks had fallen for Serinina's trap when the Amazonian ships sailed around the isles. The Greeks had gone in to blockade Troys harbor, thinking the Amazonians sailed away. The Greeks found themselves trapped when the sun rose that morning.

Serinina flashed a sinister evil grin and said, “There’s no need for subtlety here. The Greeks are trapped between the anvil and the hammer. Destroy them without mercy!”

And that’s what happened. The Greeks attempted to close the distance to employ their fire. The Spartan and Amazonians kept their distance and pounded the Greeks with their long distance ballistae and catapults. Serinina never had to board a Greek ship and directly engage them. She would have loved to zboard and fight them face to face, but that wasn’t the battle plan now. The Greek fleet needed to be destroyed. Serinina remained on her flagship and pointed out the targets for her fleet to attack. The Amazonian and Spartan ships remained in formation and fired into the Greek ships and set them ablaze before they stood a chance. The Greek fleet was a smoldering wreck sinking into the bottom an hour later. Amazon's bowwomen finished off who was left and it was over.

The fleet removed their heavy weapons after it was over so they could move through the water faster. Then the main army divisions boarded the fleet. The heavily armed spartan phalanxes and several of the phalanxes under Serinina boarded, and they set sail to Sparta. The Amazonian soldiers were very disturbed by Serinina looking like the Spartan warriors she stood by. Serinina was donned in a traditional spartan red cape, spartan bronze armor and her royal helmet. She looked every bit a seasoned spartan soldier and King. The Amazonian women were very unhappy at Serinina’s choice of attire.

Her huge fleet loaded with spartan and amazonian soldiers sailed toward Marathon. The drummers below decks were setting a slow pace to keep the rowers from tiring too quickly and the fleet was off. Serinina stood proudly on the bow, looking off into the distance and doing all she could to keep her fleet safe. Ares stood beside her holding her hand affectionately. They embraced each other, and passionately kissed. Ares said he was going to visit Sparta and see if he could reason with Demaratus before they arrived. He smiled and suspected she knew something that she wasn't revealing, and he resolved to find out what she was laughing about. Ares leaped into the air and vanished into the distance. All that was left was for her to maintain her command and keep her people safe. This was still a lot of responsibility to put on someone like her. This was the way of the amazon and the way of the warrior. This was the life she had chosen. It was more like it chose her, but either way, this was the life that she wanted. It was horrible when the warrior's life was stolen from her, she was glad it had been returned.

Maintaining her presence and making sure everyone was safe and doing their duty was a massive task. She did her rounds as the Queen and consulted with her officers and various generals. She kept watch for pirates and various Greek raiders that may try to interfere with the fleet. Nothing really happened. A storm threatened them once along the way, but she waved it back and prevented it from forming. Ares returned a day later into the voyage, nearly laughing in hysteria. This was funny and Serinina knew that he also knew about Demaratus now. They both began laughing uncontrollably.

Serinina inquired, “So you know who he really is?”

Ares smirked knowingly, “Yes, fucking Maxis. I can't believe he's trying to pull this on the Spartan. Some of them are very reluctantly following him. His misogynistic teachings are slowly taking hold, but not much. It simply isn't the Spartan way. Give him a few centuries, and the way of Maxis may become the way of Sparta. He’s encountering a lot of resistance now. They are just too afraid to confront their King, and he has power they fear. A few noble Spartans have turned to his way. But, not many. I just can't believe the God Maxis is trying this.”

“Neither can I,” Serinina was having giggle fits. It was just too funny. “You are the real god that men and warriors should follow. Maxis never had a place teaching young boys how to live like men. His corrupt teachings are what led to the hell that my life became when his religion fell. I am so pissed at him,” Serinina saw red thinking about Maxis and what his religion led to in her life. “His bullshit is what led to the destruction of my entire life. I will get my revenge and make him feel what I felt.” Her fists were tight with rage.

“Indeed, you will,” Ares smirked. “I have no doubt you can defeat him. His power is mostly gone. The Goddess is quickly regaining her power. Her witch moon is mere years away from reappearing in our night skies. Maxis knows it and feels his power shrinking. You can easily defeat him. It's going to be great. Then you will be crowned in Sparta. Long live the Queen.”

Serinina also realized that this was also going to include many of the tedious administrative details that exhausted her as a sixteen-year-old boy. Those details drove him mad. Those were also going to become her duties as the Queen of Sparta. Of course, Sparta was only a city state and it was nowhere near as massive as the Golden Isles. She fully intended on expanding her kingdom to every city-state in Greece. The entire nation of Greece was much larger than the Golden Isles. Greece’s population dwarfed the population of the Golden Isles.

So Serinina waited another three long days on the pitching deck of her massive Quinquereme warship while maintaining the welfare of her crew and her soldiers.

She saw the army waiting for her when they arrived at the Marathon three days later and they began offloading their troops by the thousands. By contrast, the army awaiting them was pathetic, and she could tell there were many on the fly conscripts that had little to no training. She even guessed that Maxis and the Spartan forced some of the poor helots to fight for them. This was going to be a complete massacre if they had to engage.

Maxis and his army stood no chance against her seasoned troops. Her troops were offloaded and moved into formation. The experience and training of her forces shinned when they all assembled into a phalanx as one and raised their shields as one massive wall. Serinina took her position at the front and center of her phalanx and then moved forward to take a look at what they opposed.

Serinina observed the enemy formation with a clear look of disgust on her face. They were unready. Many of them were poorly trained compared to her unit. Maxis’s troops stood no chance, and most of them knew it. She loudly called, “Do you all really want to fight for the false King and die where you stand? Think about it. You stand no chance!”

Maxis yelled loudly, “Silence, woman, you have no place among honored warriors. You and the women standing by you daring to fight with Spartan traitors bring dishonor and shame to them.”

It took all of Serinina’s effort to repress her giggles at this buffoon leading his men. She replied, “Silence Maxis. You are a deceiver and a coward. You brought dishonor to all who follow you.”

When he tried to protest, Serinina shouted even louder. “Has Demaratus ever disrespected women in the past? Does Spartan society dishonor noblewomen and queens? And what has this man began teaching you all, and how does he regard women fighting among the ranks and holding positions of power.”

She saw that she was making sense, and the men across from them were beginning to have serious questions. But, the man wasn’t going to go down easy, and he began to talk, and Serinina decided to let him talk.

“Silence woman,” He yelled at her. “We will not hear your emotional nonsense and deception. You have no place speaking to men like that. Ajax, look what you have allowed yourself to become. How has this witch diminished you?” Serinina saw the men abandoning Maxis. There was going to be no battle this day. They knew they could not stand with him now.

Now was the time to drive it all home. Serinina's voice became a condescending sneer, ”Maxis, the weak fallen God, and you expected to reform Spartan Society in your image?” She laughed at his face standing there alone, holding his sword. “What made you think you could come here and spread your religion in Sparta? My homeland still follows you. Your religion still had an iron grip on everyone. But, you do feel your power diminishing, and you know there's nothing you can do to stop it. You know that, don’t you?”

Maxis stood alone, facing this angry and condescending woman. He knew she spoke the truth. “Yeah, they are stupid and they will fall. Just like you were, you were shown to be unworthy. Everyone saw what happened to you. Those moronic priests have no clue.”

“Of course not, but neither did you, Maxis,” Serinina roared. “It was easy to spread your corruption at first, considering what the men were enduring. They would follow anyone who helped them break out of it. Helpless, desperate men wanting freedom and power over their lives. You knew what you had set up couldn't last. Once the Goddess began regaining her power. You knew you stood no chance and you felt your grip weakening every day. It’s still laughable that you think you could have come here. let's fight, Maxis.”

Serinina stormed forward, facing Maxis with a hateful glare. “You and me, or are you too cowardly to face me in open combat?”

Maxis felt like laughing, but he began to really sense the power of this woman. He at least had to keep up the pretenses of his male superiority. “Woman,” He said arrogantly. “You know you stand no chance against a man, or a god. You had best stand down. You have no place trying to be a warrior.”

“That's what you believe, and that's what you had me believing, Maxis,” Serinina said as he approached the armored man. She laughed, angering him even more. ”So you are the one who wants to set the standard on what it means to be a man!” Serinina shouted in a laugh. “You, little man Maxis. You think you are worthy to set up institutions to teach boys how to be men. Your boy's temples, and the rules you set. I believed in you and I can't believe I believed in you. I can hardly believe you were able to achieve what you did for so long. You had little opposition. Now, I feel nothing but shame in what you had me believing about women. Ares is a real man. You are nothing, Maxis.”

“I firmly believed in everything you taught us about a woman’s place and a man's role. And everything you had me believing led directly to my doom. My suffering was your doing, Maxis. You taught us that junk about women. Everything you taught was a lie. Your system you had us living under was unsustainable. You are so weak that when the Goddess began regaining her power, you were unable to maintain yours over the land. You were unable to protect me from their power. And I’m glad for that, or I would never have learned that everything taught by you was a lie.”

“So you admit that you were unworthy of living life as a real man,” Maxis boasted confidently.

“NO,” Said Serinina, “except for your corrupt teachings. I was worthy if not for your corruption on my life, but I had to be changed. I needed to be taught a lesson because of your teachings. I had a lot to relearn. It involved suffering and unbelievable humiliation at the hands of the witches and my own sister hating me. Thanks for that, by the way. If it had never happen, then I would not have learned a thing. I would not have grown and learned. And the women of my homeland would continue to suffer and live lives of oppression under your servants. So it is good that what happened to me happened. And I suffered because of your nonsense. It is all your doing. You made it happen and you are weak. You failed to protect me and you failed to protect your temples and your servants. Your religion will fall at the hands of my sister. And to that, I say good.”

Maxis could not believe that these men were letting her speak and even follow her after all of this. He simply did not understand Spartan society at all. Maxis had to admit that Serinina had become an extremely formidable woman.

“So,” Serinina boasted, “because of that I suffered due to you and what you taught us. Everything that happened is your doing. Your teachings made me unfit to be King. Your teachings made me hated. It made us all hated. I will make you suffer in humiliation. You will be defeated by a woman. That is something you should be used to by now,” A girlish giggle escaped from her mouth. “Prognita defeated you and destroyed your statue. She brought me down to a princess, showing you were unable to protect me. That signified your defeat to the entire kingdom. Then my sister destroyed your temple and rounded up your priests after three assassination attempts. Patinea made your head priest flee, disguised as a woman. And now, I will personally defeat you personally. I will have my revenge for what I have suffered.” Then she held out her spear, and Maxis started seeing the electrical energy coursing through her armor and her spear. He started to see the power of Hera and Olympus inside her. He knew he stood little chance against Serinina now.

“You had me believing women were unable to fight. I saw my sister fight, and as a woman, I saw that I can fight. Then I saw all of these amazon women fighting very effectively. Then I led them to crush an army of thirty thousand Spartans. They will take control of Sparta, and I will reign as Queen. After I kick your ass, unless you want to flee. We will meet later if you flee as a coward.”

“I will never flee a woman,” He boasted arrogantly, knowing he was about to be humiliated by this vengeful woman. Serinina blamed him for all of her suffering in her life. His male pride could not allow him to withdraw from a woman’s challenge.

Serinina raised her spear and shield and prepared for combat. “You determined that I was unworthy to be King after my transformation to a girl. You offered me no support after a lifetime of loyalty to you. You thought because I was made into a girl that it made me unworthy. I will prove to you that I was even more worthy as a girl, Maxis. You are one who is unworthy.”

That had already been proven to the Spartan beyond all doubt. None of them stood by him any longer. This was a pointless exercise. She didn’t need to humiliate him by a trial by combat to prove his unworthiness and destroy his credibility. That has already been done. Serinina was pissed at Maxis and simply wanted to show her superiority over the idiotic misogynist that led her to all of her suffering with his moronic teachings. Maxis knew he stood no chance against her now, but he had to try.

Serinina closed the distance and began lashing at him with her spear, holding her shield ready to defend against any counterattack. He easily blocked her attacks and he countered with a series of his own, that she easily countered.

The battle was way too fast for any of the humans to really see. The strikes and counterstrikes were a blur to their eyes. Ares watched with an amused grin and knew that Serinina was simply prolonging the battle. She was just playing with Maxis and letting him think he was better than he really was. She wanted Maxis to believe he was holding his own against her. Serinina could have shut him down within the first seconds of the battle. This was just fun for Serinina. Let him think he is doing good, his fall will be that much more devastating.

Serinina seemed to slow down and left openings for Maxis to exploit. He was unable to take advantage of her deliberate errors. He couldn’t take advantage of her lure. Serinina began making more apparent mistakes and Maxis suddenly saw the openings. Maxis lunged in to exploit her error. That was his mistake, and she pivoted avoiding his strike and struck down on his sword with her spear. Her spear shattered his blade. Maxis’s sword shattered into pieces. Then she took the hilt of his sword and tore it from his stunned hand. Maxis was effectively disarmed, and he saw what she had done. She had made obvious mistakes and lured him into a false sense of superiority over the woman. With Maxis disarmed and defenseless, she took full advantage of it by bashing him across the side of his head with her spear, then his body and swept his legs.

She started to see him reach for his godlike power to strike her. Serinina simply let her power flow. Maxis withered when he saw the raw electrical power course through him and spark at her fingertips. “If you want to fight that way, I am ready, Maxis.” Then a huge powerful bolt of lightning struck from the sky very near him. He felt the heat from the blast and withered in fear. Maxis was afraid.

Then she dropped her spear and said, “Since you have no weapon, let's fight without weapons, Maxis. let's see if you can overpower a defenseless girl.”

They heard some of the Spartans chuckle bitterly. They knew that Serinina was anything but a defenseless girl. Maxis also knew it. Maxis lunged for her trying to strike her with his fists, and grab her, but she was ready for such an attack and pivoted away from his attempted grab. She reversed it and Maxis soon found himself picked up and slammed on the ground. Serinina knelt over him and struck him across the head. He was hurt. “Let's end this, Ares, can you drain his power?”

He shrugged, “sure, you can too. Maxis is that weak now. I don’t want his corrupted power in me. I don’t need it either.”

“Neither do I, Ares. What do we do?” Replied Serinina.

“Let's summon Hades,” Ares suggested.

No sooner than he said that, a black portal appeared near them and Hades walked through. The sight and smell was revolting. As soon as the disgusting pale slim man walked into their presence, they were overwhelmed by the stench of rotting flesh and death. The Spartan were strong enough to handle it. Most of them were.

“Did someone ask for me?” then he looked at Ares and said, “my nephew, so do you want me to drain this man's power so you can all have your way with him? So this vengeful demigod can teach him a lesson?”

Serinina stepped forward and said, “That's what I want, Lord Hades.”

Maxis was beyond terror right now.

“I would be more than happy to,” Hades replied. “This disgusting fraud. Pretending to be a god, terrifying your people for 700 years by a mere trick while all the time leading them to their doom while the real Goddess regained her power. Knowing it was only a matter of time and when it did, there would be chaos and he would be unable to prevent any of it. You most of all, paid the price for it all being made little more than a sacrifice.” He pointed out the obvious. Then grinned, “Oh yes, I know your rage at the injustice that was inflicted on you and you have handled it great. I don’t blame you for what you want to do to this man. I will do as you requested. I won't ask for any bargain or deal with you in return. Consider it a favor.”

Ares growled. “Of course, you know if you tried to strike a deal with her for your service here that you would have to answer to me and my sister.”

Hades laughed. “My nephew Ares. I am not afraid of you or your sister Athena. Not in the least,” He replied dismissively. “I simply don’t want the conflict. And even Hera has taken a small liking to this girl. I am actually more afraid of her, Serinina than you.” Ares blinked in shock. Hades said, “You will see.”

Hades violently grabbed Maxis and he cried out in pain as they watched his energy being drained from him. What little he possessed was drained instantly. And now he was no more than a helpless mortal man. He began to sob. Maxis had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach, thinking about what Serinina intended.

Maxis was right, as Serinina swaggered toward him threateningly. Her full power had been ignited. “What I do to you now, Maxis is what was done to me. You should experience it. This is no blessing. I will not use that spell on you because you don’t deserve to be blessed. You will be made into the shape of a girl. You will never have any powers or abilities. You have no merit. You will simply suffer a woman’s life. Maybe the Goddess will have mercy on you when the time comes, but I highly doubt you will ever prove worthy.”

Then she muttered a different spell, and the human male form of Maxis began to transform against his will. He cried out in pain and fear for a second time as his body transformed. His chest expanded into two large soft globes. His hips expanded. His face softened and transformed into a small feminine oval face. His skin softened and his short, coarse hair lengthened into beautiful golden locks. He knelt there, trembling after having been fully transformed into a woman. Hades was long gone by then.

Then Ares shrugged, “Now what do you want to do with him?”

“I know exactly what to do with him, and where to deposit this person.” Serinina grabbed the feminine form of Maxis, and she leaped into the sky. They shot up over two miles into the sky. The two flew all the way across Europe. Then they descended, feeling the heat on their skin from their rapid pace as they descended down. Maxis looked around and noticed they were in Denaerk.

They had landed in a heavily wooded area just outside of the royal palace. Serinina smelled the lavender and violet flowers from the bushes and trees. Serinina stepped over a stream and knew where she had landed. This was the small opening in the forest where Actonia had encouraged Patinea to use her magic. This is where they had cruelly transformed the buck into a doe showing Patinea that it was possible to transform him. This is where it all began for Serinina. She sent a silent thanks toward the Goddess for the enormous gift, then they headed toward the palace.

They came across the stables where the royal family held their horses and she saw Sparkle in her stable. That was the great horse that Patinea refused to allow Actonia to transform because he didn't deserve it. She cared more for the welfare of her horse than her own brother.

Serinina looked cruelly at the great horse and let the electrical power ignite in her eyes and began flowing through her body, to her fingertips. She reached out and gently touched Sparkle and let her lightning flow into her hands and into the horse. The horse shuddered and cried out in pain as he began frying. He was shaking as if from an uncontrollable seizure. Then he collapsed and Serinina had no mercy. He kept frying it until there was nothing left but a smoldering pile of roasted flesh and the stench of burnt hair and horse. Sparkle was cruelly electrocuted to death. She knew that Patinea would be devastated and frightened. That was the entire point. Especially since she cared more for her horse than her brother's life.

Maxis looked on in horror at the cruelty of Serinina and whispered, “Hence what I taught about a woman’s emotions. You really can’t control yours, can you Serinina?”

“Like men are so good at controlling their anger, huh?” She snarled. “But, all of this is thanks to you so give yourself a hand. You deserve the credit.”

They walked out into the streets of Denaerk. People backed away from the frightening sight of a heavily armored fearsome woman carrying a bronze shield with the image of a snaked head and a shining spear walking down the street, holding a larger woman against her will. Maxis saw they were headed toward the girl's conservatory. “This won't end well, you have to know that, Serinina. No one really knows who you are. But you know they won't take well to a warrior woman in full armor walking down their streets.”

“They can’t stop me.” Serinina replied casually. Like she didn’t even care. “How can it not end well?”

“I didn’t mean for you,” Maxis pointed out. “I meant for anyone else. What is the point of all of this?” then he began thinking and it all hit. A terrifying example and some payback may be precisely what she intends. Have mercy on anyone who tries to interfere, and several city guards were now approaching.

One of the lead guards shouted, “Halt, identify yourself!”

“Sure,” Serinina said menacingly. “I am Enyo, Make way!” She commanded.

“Enyo,” the guards drew their weapons. “Stand down and lay down your spear!”

“Come and get it,” Serinina replied threatening. She almost glowed with power as the Olympus lightning coursed through her with audible snaps and popes. The smell of burning air rose around them and the guards backed away as she pointed the electrified spear at them.

Then a large priest interfered, yelling, “Hekatin, witch!” He approached wearing the typical black robe with the flame insignia on his cloak. He thought he could defend himself from her power. He was severely mistaken and they asked, “And who is this poor woman you are holding prisoner?”

She smiled behind her helmet and said, “This girl is Maxis, your god.” She shouted in a condescending sneer.

“Liar, you witch. Seize her,” The warpriest yelled. But they found themselves unable to move. Then a terribly loud series of blinding lightning bolts shot down from the sky next to them all. Serinina smiled under her helmet and roared, “I never lie, little man. What I say is true. I am a goddess. This is your fallen god Maxis. Your religion will fall. Your god has fallen. Now stand aside, or you will die!” A series of deafening thunderclaps sounded, causing the guards to cower and kneel down in fear covering their heads from the roar.

Serinina walked passed the cowering guards and the helpless warpriest who now knew that this woman was likely telling the truth. Maxis now felt so degraded.

“The priests aren’t guilty. That's who you want to make an example for, is it not?” Maxis asked knowingly.

“No, the priests are brutal, but they are all fools. They don’t need me to cause their downfall. They will do that in a few years all on their own. My sister will take care of them when the time comes. You will all pay for your ignorance. Just as I did. I am headed for the girls who thought this was such a good idea. I intend on teaching them otherwise.”

The way she said it was so frightening and casual.

Serinina approached the girl's conservatory. She saw the girls sitting around conversing with each other in the yard in front of the school. She briefly considered killing every single one of them. Serinina didn’t. She just walked into the yard and headed for the cobblestone walkway that led to the doors. It was now time for her example.

Serinina menacingly stood in the yard of the girls school, holding up her electrified spear and spartan shield. She truly looked like a girl out for blood. Her wrath seemed to radiate out in palatable waves. The girls stood back in terror. Serinina briefly considered burning the entire school down, but she decided against it. The girls weren’t used to displays of terrifying displays of magic.

The girls were used to amazing feats of magic and had often seen it from the teachers and high level students. What the girls were seeing now was a power on a level they had never seen before. Blinding bolts rained down from the sky with deafening thunderclaps. The girls shrieked in terror.

Serinina had made her point clear. She roared in an enhanced voice, “I am Lilith, Queen of the nine realms and lord of the Princes’s of Hell. I come to tell you that your religion will fall. There is no hope. Prognita will die. If she is freed, then I will destroy her and claim her realm of Lunis.”

The girls cowered in terror and several teachers heard the commotion and ran out to investigate. The teachers saw the enraged young girl flinging lightning bolts. A pretty pink tiara appeared on her head that looked strangely like the one the royal princess from the house of Denae wore. Falconette tried to regain control. She looked up into the girls face. “Lilith, you look like Princess Serinina Denae. So you have allowed Lilith’s rage to consume you by now? I had hoped for better from a girl as strong as you were.”

“I am what you made me, Professor,” Said Serinina acidly. “Your cruelty and malice created me. You could have left me as the boy I was meant to be, but you couldn’t. You used your magic to transform me and I embraced Lilith for revenge. I will never allow your Goddess to reign. I will destroy her, and I will destroy the Hekatin. That is my destiny. You must all pay for what you have done”

“I doubt even you can withstand her full power,” Falconette boasted.

“If you all ever try to free the Goddess Prognita. Then I will free the Morning Star. Others call him Lucifer. I will free him to the world.” Then Serinina turned her full wrath on the Professor and flung all of the teachers into the stone wall of the conservatory. “You all deserve to pay for your malice and that’s what I am here for.

“We did what we had to, for our freedom and our survival” Falconette groaned in pain as Fawnae struggled to stand up. ”You were an arrogant and entitled boy who refused to understand and you still refuse to understand. Now you embraced an evil force and seek vengeance. I doubt you understand the consequences of what you are doing.”

“I fully understand,” shot Serinina. “My sister received the power of Prognita after being made the vessel of her spirit. She was able to destroy me with no effort, and all of you helped and conspired to destroy me. The innocent boy stood no chance against your power. I deserved a chance to defend myself so I embraced Lilith. Your evil caused this, you only have yourselves to blame.”

“And what do you intend to do?” Lady Fawnae asked in a trembling voice.

“I intend,” replied Serinina, “to show you an example of my power, and what you will soon face. You could have hundreds of witches combining their power, and it would make no difference. I can destroy all of you.”

Serinina pointed her spear at the two women and its lightning power struck out. The Hekatins defenses were totally unable to repel power of that level. The electrical power tore into the women as they screeched in pain.

Serinina threateningly stood over the two frightened women as the smell of their burnt flesh and clothing rose from their bodies. They were moaning in pain. Serinina glared. “It sucks to be helpless, doesn’t it. That’s how you made me feel for over a year. I felt you should all share the feeling. And now…” Serinina rose her spear and brilliant huge bolts of Olympus’s lightning struck the spear electrifying it even more. The women cringed in terror.

The electrical power coursed through Serinina even more menacingly as they saw that she was preparing to end it all with them.

Serinina saw a large armored woman holding a spear appear behind her. This was the Goddess Athena holding a matching spear. But hers wasn't enchanted by Hera.

“Serinina, they all know they made a mistake. You don't need do this. You are terrorizing these girls. Please, don’t do this to them.” Athena pleaded.

Serinina turned to face Athena with pure menace in her eyes. Her power elevated to another level as she stepped forward.

“You dare take these people’s side against me!” Serinina thundered. The force from her voice was terrifying. Her voice shot out with a thunderous blast of air and sound. The girls covered their ears from the blast.

“After what they did? And knowing what evil they did?” Serinina demanded. “How can you side with them now? You are making yourself no better than your father as he plays with people’s lives.” Serinina leapped into the air and twisted her entire body and struck down with her spear. The electrified spear slashed down onto the side of Athenas face. The girls hardly saw the blur and the strike as it was faster than any human eye could see.

Serinina was not done yet. She twisted the spear and struck the other side, and then in a series of five more strikes to various parts of Athena. Who totally collapsed in withering pain.

“Traitor!” Serinina raged. “You betrayed me Athena, just like my family, just like my mother Aanya, just like Patinea, just like the lords that pledged loyalty to my sister. Just like the priests who stood by and refused to help me. You made yourself no better than them.” She pointed her spear at Athena’s body and struck out with its power. Extremely powerful electrical energy blasted out from the tip and tore through Athena. She streaked and withered as the energy kept coursing through her entire body.

As Serinina was taking her wrath on Athena, an even larger man wearing menacing black spiked armor appeared beside her. He laid a gentle armored hand on the girl’s shoulder trying to calm her down. “Serinina, my girl, enough. Athena knows she made an error. Don’t kill her.”

Serinina stopped. “I can’t believe she defended these evil scum!” Serinina spat.

“Me either. She knows these peoples deserve everything you will give them. And she isn’t entirely innocent of a sadistic revenge either. Just ask Medusa. Just have mercy on my sister, please.”

Serinina relaxed, “Okay, get her treated and I hope she learned her lesson.”

“Serinina, why do you think you are so strong,” Lord Ares inquired.

“I don’t really know,” Serinina replied. “I know I studied the dark arts and embraced Lilith but I never even guessed that I would be able to overcome her the way I did.”

Ares turned to her. “I think it’s because you are Lilith’s daughter. Prognita made Patinea her vessel and she saw what would befall you for nothing you did. Hera saw it and arranged for Lilith to claim you at birth. And Hera bestowed much of her power on you. You were able to totally comprehend the very ancient texts that were even older than the Hekatin’s books at the beginning of the age of Prognita. There’s a reason for that. You were able to understand and totally embrace that power. Hera favors you. There’s a reason you are prophesied to destroy the Gods of Olympus. Even Zeus stands no chance against you. He knows what is coming. We all do. I will never make the mistake of betraying you, my queen. I will marry you. Just don’t ever release the morning star. Please.”

“I will if they release Prognita.”

Serinina was preparing to leave. She turned a venomous glare at the withering women trying to relieve the pain that had just been inflicted on her. “Falconette, should a girl be forced to wear a corset if she does not wish to? Should she be beaten and put in a corset if she does not want to wear it?”

Falconette shook her head side to side furiously, “No, of course not. We must wear it. It's part of our culture. We all wear them, but a girl shouldn’t be forced if she does not wish to wear a corset. She will be forced, but it isn’t right.”

“Should she be beaten and put in it if she does not want to wear it?” Falconette inquired with her eyes blazing.

“No, that would be horrible. It happens to girls who try to refuse, but it’s wrong.”

“What about wearing a gown,” Serinina asked Falconette. Lady Fawnae saw the trap that Serinina was setting for Falconette and tried to warn her.

“If a girl does not want to wear a heavy gown, if she wants to wear pants like a boy. Should someone beat her and force her into a gown? Would such an action be correct or wrong?”

“Oolae, Think carefully about your answer. Please!” Lady Fawnae warned.

“No,” Falconette answered firmly. “No girl should be forced to wear anything she does not wish to. That is horrible. It’s what many of us experience as girls. But it is wrong?”

“So, it's wrong. But girls wear dresses, right Falconette. That’s the generalized reasoning here. And it’s part of what it means to live as a young woman, isn’t that right, Falconette? Being a young woman means one must wear a dress to signify they are a girl, or is that reasoning wrong?” Serinina inquired with a victorious smirk. “If a girl refuses to wear a gown and a corset, then they are not really living a girl's life? Is that what you believe Falconette? So if a girl refuses, then she must be forced to live as a young woman? And punished for resisting?”

“No,” Falconette replied. “That is very wrong. I know where this is coming from. When we all agreed that force must be used on Serin after his transformation into a girl. We agreed to force him to wear dresses and crushed into corsets as a young woman. That had to do with the public perception of him accepting his sex and being part of it. Then what he believed should happen to girls. The men seeing the prince wearing a gown and crushed into a corset would diminish him and they would not rally to him to depose Patinea. It would also inspire fear among the men who thought to resist Patinea.”

“And how did that work out, Falconette?” Serinina demanded hatefully.

“It didn't work at all,” snarled falconette. “You never understood.” She shouted at him. ”You refused even to try to understand our point of view. You still don’t understand what we were trying to accomplish. All you had was your selfish hunger for the crown. And your entitlement of what you think you deserved. What you wanted no matter who else had to suffer for you to get it. You never understood.”

“I did understand,” Serinina shot back. “But, did anyone care about my life or what I wanted? You did this to free the women, and you made me a woman but I wasn't allowed to be free like the other women. I didn't get to determine my destiny. You stole everything from me. You took my sex, my name, my crown, and my very life. You stole all of my dreams and aspirations. You stole everything from me. It's not being entitled to want the free will to determine one's own course in life. That’s what you were all fighting for and you should have known that I would fight for the same rights. Since you all refused to understand my point of view, I ended up having to fight and destroy you to regain power over my own life. But, Falconette, can you guess that if I could do it all over again, what would I want? I seriously doubt you will get this correct?”

“What,” Falconette sneered. “to be an only child? Or perhaps, the eldest son so no matter what, you would be the rightful heir? Am I right?”

“No,” Serinina smiled, having correctly guessed she would get it wrong. “I would want to never have been born. That’s what I want. Or, a second option is to have been born Patinea’s youngest sister. As a girl born and raised all my life as her younger sister so she wouldn’t hate me. She wouldn't have to change me like she did and I wouldn't suffer the humiliation of being raised with the aspirations of a boy, as a boy and then suddenly losing it all in an instant. Then suddenly into a life I hated. I would have lived all my life as a girl. But then, my dad would keep trying to have a boy, and that boy would suffer. Same outcome if I was never born. So some boy would be screwed no matter what.”

“It doesn’t matter,” Serinina loudly declared. “You did what you did and you will do it again. When the witch moon arriveds in our sky in a few years. The times will merge together. I will be the crown prince and be transformed by you all once again. Then you will do everything you did before. You will prove what kind of people you really are. You will be revealed for the vile, cruel monsters you are inside. Serinina will rebel and leave. She will have the adventures I am presently having in Greece and Troy. And, I will return with the full might of the Greek states. And mark my words, I will destroy you. Patinea will seize the crown. I will return. I will take it back. Your reign of women will be very short-lived. And then I will hunt down the Hekatin. You have revealed yourselves to everyone. Every single one of you, every woman and girl that is part of the Hekatin will be hunted down and destroyed. I will kill every single Witch. And unlike those men who tried. I will be Successful. There is nowhere to hide from me.” Serinina smiled evilly. “I will find you all, and kill you. I will burn your temples, I will burn the secret library of Gunaefar. This time, the Hekatin will be destroyed for all time. And I will destroy your goddess just like I did to Athena when you release her. So Professor Falconette, give yourself a hand for all of this. You deserve much of the credit for the events that will take place. This girl is Maxis. Do what you will with him, I don’t care. But I have to leave.”

Serinina leaped into the sky, leaving the young woman Maxis there with the women not really knowing what to do with him.

Serinina had returned to Sparta where everything had been set up for her official coronation. All of the Spartan nobles and their lords and families had arrived and the ceremony had been prepared in front of the massive Temple of Ares.

This temple was in the center of Sparta. Sparta, unlike Denaerk, was much more militaristic in culture. And its main design reflected that. The nobles were all wearing their spartan robes and armor. The designs of the buildings around them showed their discipline. They approached the great temple of Ares. Its giant marble columns rose into the sky topped by images of Ares himself. The temple gleamed in the sunlight as the nobles seated themselves in front to observe the ceremony. The same warpriest was going to perform the ceremony again in full view of Sparta now. This was official, and she had given him her king's helmet only to be placed on her again.

She turned and faced the nobles again, still having some weaker flashbacks of her first coronation when her sister transformed her and stole her crown when she used to be a boy.

Only her mother Penthesilea, wasn’t there. Neither was Cassandra. Female Ajax and his wife Archippe was there. In fact, very few people were there on the raised platform in front of the great statue of Ares. She knew she had little to fear here. There were those who only needed to be there. The priests and their servants were there to officiate this crowning. Everything was prepared.

Serinina stood there wearing her white Chiton robe ready to be crowned as the Queen of Sparta. Sparta’s first queen ruler.

The Priest approached, holding the royal Helmet of the King. He stood beside Serinina and announced loudly. “We are here to witness this pivotal moment of our great state. Serinina Denae has defeated the false god Maxis to rescue our people from his corruption. He has been struck down. Serinea had shown us the wrong path we had taken when we followed Agamemnon to Troy. She solely defeated our armies we sent there and returned, not to seek vengeance or punish us for making war on her people. She come to rescue us. Serinina has shown her nobility and greatness and we must honor her. Our errors could have cost us our entire country if not for Serinina's greatness and wisdom. Does anyone oppose Serinina?”

No one spoke up. “Then, by the Authority of Lord Ares. I hereby crown Serinina Denae, the sole Queen of Sparta and the leader of the house of Agaid and Eurypontid.”

The gleaming bronze armor was placed on her chest and its thick leather straps tightened. Serinina briefly thought how it felt so much better than a corset. She also felt its power coursing through the bronze armor. Armor was strapped on her shins and her forearms. Then the great Helmet of the house of Agaid that Ajax used to wear was slowly lowered onto her head. She was given the shield and the spear and a royal red cape was tied behind her. She rose her spear and saw the electrical discharges shoot across the sky in a deafening thunderclap.

All of the nobles and warriors shouted at one, “Long live the Queen. Hail our Queen Serinina Denae.

She stood in front of the nobles and began speaking. “All of the great houses of Sparta, I do not seek vengeance. My mission is to preserve your great society. Many painful changes will have to occur to save your country from collapse. If we succeed, then you will soon find your state as the most powerful state in all Greece. It will not be easy, but it must be done, or Sparta will collapse. I will honor the loyalty of all of your great houses if you are loyal to me. Ares, Ajax, have you brought who I asked?”

Ajax shouted, “Yes, My queen. Many of the Helot Leaders are here to witness this. We have brought them here as you ordered.” Many of the other nobles wondered why they brought such unworthy lower class servants here.

Serinina approached the assembled Helot servant class. They looked frightened and dirty. Many of them were scantily dressed do to their status and the abuse they often suffered. Some of them had already started the violence when the Amazons and additional Spartan arrived, and they had stopped from a promise made to them.

Serinina spoke to them, “As of this moment, you are all now free men and women. You no longer have to take orders from the warrior caste here. They do not control your lives. As Queen I am granting you control and ownership of the farmland you work on. Your family's now control it. I will go with you later and divide it all among your various families. You will be protected by my amazon sisters and the selected loyal warrior Spartans who I decide I can entrust with the mission. Your job will be the farming and selling of your products to us, and to the rest of the Greek states. In addition, a number of you, the ones who are the strongest and wish it, will be invited to join the warriors and participate in the Agoge warriors training to become spartan hoplites. It is not an easy life if you chose it. And a selected number of girls will also be able to participate with the boys, or you could go to Themescura if you wish and my sisters will take you. The choice is yours.”

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Such a good story

ChasingSerenity's picture

I look forward to every chapter. Such a tortured main character.

Please keep this story going I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Zeus as his perception of women is lecherous.

~ChasingSerenity

aahhhh * * * * *

Love this version of Greco history. And then you top that with both Hades and Lucifer separate beings present.
What will become of Mediterrainan culture?

alissa

Serenina is still the spoiled

Serenina is still the spoiled little brat she was as Serin, pouting and yelling to everyone about how she was mistreated trying to convince herself that what she is doing is justified.

I wouldnt say she is spoiled

Just very hurt and angry. She was abused, sexually and emotionally. She suffered a lot under them

but she has grown into a great leader that many people love and follow, and trust. She is anything but spoiled now. But she is stil hurting and angry at what was done

And look at how adults these days act when they suffered abuse as children.
especially if they encounter the abusers in their life

Left turn instead of right turn

Jamie Lee's picture

Serinina is out of control, becoming no better than those who mistreated her. Out of spite she killed that horse, an animal that did her no harm other than belonging to her sister. We have a name for people who kill animals for the joy of it.

Now she's turned on Aethna because she dared to try and stop Serinina from harming the teachers of the school. The girl is out if control.

Serinina has contradicted herself several times. When she confronts those who were involved in her transformation, she spews the how she was changed against her will, how her kingdom was stolen from her, and how she was abused. She then says she learned what had been done to women and girls and understood why she was changed. Then in the same breath she tells them how wrong they were for what they did and they will pay. Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? Hasn't Serinina become no better than those she hates?

No one can stand up to Serinina, even the gods. The only way now to defeat her is to turn their backs on her. Refuse to follow her anywhere. Refuse to fight her in any way. If something doesn't happen soon she will eventually start killing gods and make herself the queen of the gods.

Others have feelings too.