Aftermath 8

Printer-friendly version


Aftermarth part 8

“Let's put together what happened. Grab a chair.” I said as I hauled a chair and put it around a table, that I also turned over. I also looked around for paper and something to write with. Wiping the dust off the chair I sat down like a lady. Both Whitney and Cassie did the same.

Writing down notes as the three of us threw out observations, ideas, After a couple minutes we had just about all we could think of down on paper.

“OK, to kind of summarize What has happened to us. Sometime between 1993 and today 2022 the three of us.

“The General did note that their were a total of 6 of us.” Whitney said.

“That is right.” I Continued. “But we don't know how long the other three were chilled for. The six of us began as males and wound up being changed into females down to the DNA. It seems like we actually have the memories of growing up as a girl. Mimicking our male life. Am I right.”

“Yeap” Cassie said

“Yes” Whitney said.

We don't know why we weren't de-frosted in 2002 when we suppose to be. For some reason we were revived 10 years later. Us being moved to a different complex. A devastating natural disaster happening. This complex being in harms way and evacuated.

“All but us.” Cassie interjected.

“Correct,” I said pointing to her.

“The reason seems feasible. Those dam things must take huge amount of power.” Whitney added.

“Now we need to ascertain whether or not, 1: The other three are also defrosted. 2: We can find some cloths and shoes. And most importantly. Find a way out of here.”

“Especially number 2. I don't want to run around in just a hoodie and a lab coat.” Whitney said.

“I remember seeing something when I was looking over the cctv cameras. Remember we put our cloths in a locker in the locker room.”

“Hey that is right?” I said. “But it is behind that locked door. Maybe one of these will open it.” pulling out the keys I found.

We all gathered around the locked door as I began trying keys. “Wallah.” The fifth one I tried opened it.

Unlike the lab we where in. The locker room was virtually untouched. Clean and shiny.

“Do you remember which lockers are yours.” Whitney and Cassie both went to their locker as did I. It was a combination lock. Thinking for a minute, the combo came to me. Doing the combination the locker opened.

“What in the hell?” I thought aloud. Instead of my old BDUs inside I find a brand new OD green flight suit. The leather tag on the left chest said. West Brie Anna L Colonel USAF. Below a set of pilot wings.

On the shoulders where colonel eagles, On the left arm was the Spectre gunship patch with the US flag on the opposite sleeve. Behind the flight suit was a black bomber jacket with looks like something on the back. On the shelf was a package of panties, a three pack with green, blue and pink. Their was also a bra and a pair of socks. On the bottom of the locker was a pair of highly polished jungle boots.

I tore open the pack of panties, pulling the pink ones on. Slipping out of the lab coat and hoodie. I put on the bra. Both fit perfectly. On the back of the shelf was also a pack of ladies string tank tops in OD green. I also slipped on one.

I stepped into the flight suit and pulled it on. Socks and boots completed my uniform. Looking down at myself Damn, I thought, I am a fox. Sticking out of the right leg pocket was a woman's soft cap. Of course it had the silver braid and Colonel eagle.

I pulled out the bomber jacket. It had a huge embroidered cartoon AC-130 on the back. Above it was Spectre 15. and on the bottom, “You can run but you will die tired.” The front had the SOG shield on the right breast and my call sign on the left. The right sleeve had the North Carolina Flag, The American Flag on the right. The jacket had some heft to the left side. In an inside pocket I found a compact Sig 45. 3 Full spare clips in the other inside pocket.
Checking the other pockets, I found a hand written note.

Col. West.
I hope these are appropriate for you. We found information that what ever drug was given to you. Not only altered your DNA. But your military training. It seems you are a pilot. Flying AC-130s out of Herbert field. Checking with them There is a Major Brie Anna West flying out of there. She was killed in Asia.

I still don't know what the hell is going on. So are you that Major West. Some kind of mind transference, a type of clone. We do not know. However, the file photo of Major west does look like you. I had one of my staff, take your measurements and obtain these cloths for you and the others. Wouldn't look to good for US Air Force Officers to run around naked.

Sorry, You six had to be left behind. The ash cloud was going to hit us in about 1 ½ hours. I made sure your cryo units had all the power they needed. Hoping to be able to make it back to site 28 and have you thawed. If you are reading this. Then either I and my team are dead, the ash cloud was worse then expected, or they are totally abandoning you and site 28. There are weapons available for you to defend yourselves with if the need happens.

The armory is still fairly well stocked as time wasn't in our favor. The door code is 944321. It is 3 levels up. Room 1384. I have also given you a master key card. That should open every door in this place that has a key card access. Being this site was abandoned feel free to help yourselves to anything you need.

Depending on when you are defrosted there maybe food still in the kitchen storage. Can goods, frozen meat. Etc. Supply is also on level 13 same as the armory.

Feel free to use any of the rooms for R&R. FYI The higher ranks are the more comfortable. Col West you may use my quarters, and office. You are welcome to any of the beverages there.
I hope to meet you and the others one day. Good luck, God speed.

Sincerely,

Ted Todd

Holey crap, Now the mystery goes on. Whitney and Cassie came around the corner of the lockers. Whitney was also in a flight suit. Her name tag read Dr. Hart, Whitney J Lt Col with the medical insignia. Along with a set of master jump wings.

Cassie had on a set of BDUs but not the normal woodland camo, but a digital tiger stripe. The normal name tapes above the breast pockets, security police badge and master security badge on the left and a special ops command patch on the right pocket. They each carried a different color bomber jacket. Whitney's OD green and Cassie's a dark blue.

“Looking good, Col” Whitney said Saluting.
Returning the salute, “Thanks, you two as well.” Handing the General's note to Cassie. “I found this from General Todd.”
Once Cassie finished, she handed it to Whitney.

Handing it back to me, “You have got to fucking kidding me. Mind transference.”

“Well we don't know what kind of medical advancements have been made in the time we where iced.” Whitney said. “It could be experimental as well.”

“You could be on to something, Doc.” I said. She gave me a strange look. Then realized that She had the medical training.

“So, Col. What is the game plan?” Cassie asked.

“We should find the status of the other three, find some food, the weapons. Most importantly see what the hell the outside is like.” Whitney replied.

All of my stories are purely fictional, the some places are real, some are not. The names and personnel used in all my stories, are also fictional. They may be based on people I knew but, Any resemblance to anyone living, dead, or un-dead are purely coincidental.

I write my stories as a fantasy. While based on this world. Things in my story could stretch reality. However I write my stories from my mind. I reserve all rights to my work. Any form of duplication without my permission is forbidden. Please enjoy reading them as I have in writing them.

up
137 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm really enjoying this

Rose's picture

I'm really enjoying this story. Thanks!

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

I'm waiting to see

Samantha Heart's picture

What happens next in this story i am hooked & waiting to find out what else they discover.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Abandoned air base

This isn't too much of a stretch.. Clark Air Force base was abandoned due to damage from an erupting Volcano in the Phillapines.

alissa

Alice is down the rabbit hole

Jamie Lee's picture

Well, at least they have the golden keys and are able to get around the base. There's supposed to be food and other things they might need.

But what about outside of the base?

Others have feelings too.