Holly Potter - Heiress of Slytherin - Prologue

Printer-friendly version

Purple eyes tried to see clearly through the tears. Nothing made sense anymore. Her husband lied dead, slumped over an empty crib, still holding a stuffed dragon. She slumped to the floor, unable to hold back her tears. She felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning her head to look up she saw her true beloved.

"They took our baby." She said, her voice faint and hoarse from what seemed like days of crying.

"We'll find her. We will find her and make whoever took her suffer." 

_________________________________________

"I don't like this. It isn't right." She sighed, her head hung low, just staring into her cup of tea.

"I don't like this either, but we're the only ones in the order to already have a nursery set up." Replied her husband. "Dumbledore said this is the only way to end the war for good." James wasn't a fan of this idea, but he trusted his friend and mentor.

"But she isn't ours. What are we supposed to do after the war? Raise her like nothing happened?"

"We have to trust Dumbledore. We'll take this one day at a time if we have to." 

"She can't replace our daughter!" Lily shouted, tears now falling down her cheeks. She was looking forward to starting a family with the man she loved. She had been so happy when she found out she was pregnant. Even happier when she found out they were having a girl. But fate ripped that happiness from them. It's not uncommon for defendants of the Black line to have problems conceiving, and she knew that miscarriages were high as well, but that was with the women of that family. Not her. It wasn't supposed to happen to her. 

James walked over to her and leaned down and hugged her. "I know that Lily. But that little girl in the is innocent, and she deserves a loving home. What do you think the Ministry will do if they get ahold of her? She'd be an orphan, and forever tied to the crimes of her parents. She'd become an outcast. Doesn't she deserve to have a normal life?"

"I still don't like this." Lily paused then looked at her husband with a faint smile. "But maybe you're right. She deserves a loving home. But what if people put things together? She might look nothing like us. Not to mention her eyes…. Purple eyes are rare."

"Dumbledore has a plan. He says it's similar to a blood adoption, but it replaced both parents. He says that Gringotts won't even be able to tell." James looked over at the clock. "Speaking of which, he should be here soon."

_________________________________________

It was a long fought road to get to this point. Standing in the rain outside a small house in Godric's Hollow. She couldn't remember how many people she tortured and killed to make it to this point, not that she cared. Getting her daughter back was all that mattered to her. It had been like hell for her this past year. All she could think about was how much of her daughter's life she had missed. Not being able to watch her first accidental magic, missing her taking her first steps, not hearing her daughter's first words. Sorrow and rage filled her. Her hand tightening around her wand. Now it was time to get her daughter back. "Bombarda!"

Lily had just come from the nursery, having just laid Holly down for the night, when the front door exploded into shrapnel. She watched in horror as she heard those terrible words from the unforgivable killing sent a green wave of light at her husband. Time stopped when it hit him, the life already drained from his eyes before he even hit the floor. She couldn't even get her hand to her wand before her body was riddled with pain. From the floor she looked up into purple eyes, eyes filled with suffering, pain and anger. 

"WHERE IS SHE!?" The woman shouted at her. "WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!?"

Lily couldn't think. Her body could only focus on the pain. "I'm so sorry. She's dead. She never even got to us." The words had left her mouth before she could even realize what she was saying. She watched as the other woman fell to her knees in tears, her wand slipping from her hand. As the spell that was affecting her ended, her mind cleared. She reached for her wand only to have it fly from her hand as another man entered the house. She watched as he walked up to the woman and placed a hand on her shoulder. She couldn't hear what either of them said, but she saw the pain in both of their faces. She knew that pain, the pain of loosing a child. A part of her wanted to tell them the truth, but these two were monsters. They didn't deserve to live happily ever after. She watched the other woman pick up her wand and walk out the door. 

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks for reading

First, let me say thank you for reading. This is my very first story, and any feedback is appreciated. I hope to complete this, one way or another.

My feed back.

WillowD's picture

You did good. You got me really wanting to read chapter 2. Thank you.

Good beginning

Good beginning to the story so far! It was understandable and has be interested in what the future will hold for the story.