Just Clowning Around

Printer-friendly version

Selene looks at the children she came to perform for. She felt compassion for them and wish that whatever they are in the hospital for, they recover from and live a healthy life.

“Okay, kids. That’s all the time I have for today. But I promise I’ll be back in two weeks to perform for you again.” A big smile appears on Selene’s face as she looks at all the children gathered in front of her.

The children start clapping as they watch Selene leave the playroom. They loved the performance she put on for them and how she looked as well. Her pink cotton candy color hair and the makeup around her eyes.

Selene loved hearing the applause from the children. She had a soft spot for them as she walks down to her old blue Volkswagen bug. She bought the car when she traveled around Europe with her parents and the circus. She owns a 1961 Volkswagen Westfalia Camper she uses to travel the United States and Europe in.

Selene does all the work on the two vehicles herself. She heads towards the house she shared with three other people. When she isn’t traveling with the circus, she shares a brick ranch style house with friends of her. One roommate was in the Navy and stationed on the USS
Abraham Lincoln.

The other two were a gay married couple. One worked at the Navy Exchange near NOB Norfolk. His partner was an electrician that owns his own business. Then there was her. She grew up among circus people until the circus group she traveled with was forced to close. She and her parents came back to the Hampton Roads area. Her parents still perform, whenever the carnival comes to town or during the state fair, up near Richmond, Virginia. They also teach people how to be clowns at Deep Creek Community Center.

Sometimes, she would help, if she didn’t have an appointment of her own to do. She did children's birthday parties and sometimes adult parties as well. She sometimes would work the carnival circuit or the rodeo circuit. She learned how to perform tricks and such while she was growing up in the circus in Europe.

Selene pulls into the driveway and parks her bug, next to her van. She grabs her gear and heads towards the house. She covers up a yawn as she walks inside the house. She could hear the football game coming from the stereo in the living room. She pops her head in, to see who was watching the game.

Selene noticed they had a full house. Besides her roommates watching the game. There were four other people she knew watching the game. They were watching the Redskins vs. 49ers game.

She just shakes her head, and head to her bedroom, to change out of her clown outfit. She removes her face decorations and slips out of her outfit. She takes her sports bra off and slips on her favorite slumming shirt. She brushes out her cotton candy pink color hair. She doesn’t wear a wig. She keeps her hair dyed cotton candy pink. It has become her trademark.

Once all the makeup was off and her face was cleaned. She pulls out one of her favorite rompers and slips it on. She looks at herself in the mirror and a smile appears on her face. She loved the fact that she didn’t have her penis anymore.

Her parents and all the other circus performers had contributed to a fund to pay for her SRS surgery when she was just sixteen years old. Her parents had found out at an early age that she related more to wanting to be a girl, then a boy. They had seen that she enjoyed pretty and beautiful things. She also loved to play with barbie dolls and baby dolls. She still had most of the dolls she had when she was little.

It hadn’t really shocked her parents that much. Everything about her had been a surprise from the beginning. No one knew who her real parents were. She had been abandoned as a baby and found by one of the clowns in the circus she grew up in.

She had been raised by her adopted parents, who happened to be clowns themselves. They had been performers for most of their lives and traveled with the circus they were members of. They took her in and raised her as their own. Everything she knew about being a clown had come from them. She also learned everything she could from other members of the circus troupe.

She was named after a beloved circus performer that had died while performing. She was a tight rope performer who did aerobatic tricks while walking a high wire. The support for the wire she had been on, had broken free while she was performing and caused her to fall. She survived the fall but died two days later from her injuries.

Selene looks at all the clown artwork and posters she has collected or was given. She loved performing and could imagine herself doing anything else. She steps into her tennis shoes and head to the kitchen. There was food laid out on the island counter.

She picks up a paper plate and starts placing what she wants from the arrangement. She wasn’t into football, so she heads towards the den and put a movie in the Blu-ray player. It wasn’t that she was being anti-social. It was she really didn’t like American football. No one knew what her true nationality was. All that her adopted parents knew, she must have been born just outside of Eguisheim, Haut-Rhin, France. That was where the circus they were members of had set up to perform when she was found afterward.

She had dual citizenship in France and in the United States. Her adopted mother was an American citizen and her adopted father was from Spain. Her mother was the daughter of an American couple who had been in the US Navy and was stationed in Spain.

Selene watches her movie and about three-quarters ways into the movie. She notices Evan walking into the den.

“Here’s where your hiding. We’re thinking about ordering pizza. Is there anything special you want?” Evan knew Selene loved the supreme
pizza from Pizza Hut.

“Just a large supreme pizza, if you don’t mind.”

“Okay, one large supreme pizza coming up.” Evan turns around is about to leave.

“Let me get you some money.” Selene starts getting up from the sofa in the den.

“Don’t worry about it, Selene. I got you covered.” Evan smiles at her, just before he leaves.

“Thanks.”

Selene goes back to her movie. She knew it was going to be about an hour before the pizzas are delivered. It was normal that way when football was on.

“Selene, your pizza is here.” Leon sticks his head into the den.

Selene looks up at Leon from the sofa “alright, I’m coming.”

She gets up and heads into the dining room, where all the food that had been ordered was arranged. As Selene walks into the dining room, she spots Kenny. She hopes he doesn’t have any more clown jokes to tell her.

Kenny was fixing a plate when he spots Selene walking into the dining room. A smile appears on his face “hey Selene, I have a new joke for you. Why don’t cannibals eat clowns?”

“Okay, I’m game. Why don’t cannibals eat clowns?” Selene couldn’t wait to hear the answer.

“Because they, taste funny.” A smile appears on Kenny’s face.

Selene just shakes her head. The joke was kind of funny.

“Wait, I have another one for you. How big is a clown’s hard drive?”

“I don’t know. How big is a clown’s hard drive?”

“50 Gigglebytes.”

Kenny watches as several others in the room started smirking. He loved teasing Selene about her clown career.

“Those are funny jokes, Kenny. I’m going to have to remember them.” A sweet smile appears on Selene’s face.

Selene fixes herself a plate and heads back into the den to finish watching her movie. She knew Kenny was just being his annoying self. Most of the guys her roommates were friends with were from either their ship or other sailors that wanted to get away from their ships.

Selene grabs a few more slices of pizza and watches another movie. She covers up a yawn as she snuggles down under the throw blanket. Her eyes were slowly getting heavy as she drifts off to sleep.

Leon goes into the den to check on Selene and notices she was sound asleep. He turns the television set off and tucks the throw blanket, closer to her body.

“Sleep tight, Selene.” He quietly backs out of the den.

The next morning, Selene wakes up and realizes she was in the den. She slowly gets up off the sofa and head to the bathroom in the den. She does her morning business and afterward heads towards the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

Selene prepares the coffee maker to brew a pot of coffee. She knew her roommates will be up soon. Also, whoever spent the night, last night at the house. She walks into the living room and spots several people sleeping in the living room.

A smile appears on her face, as she heads back into the kitchen. Once her coffee is finished brewing, she adds cream and sugar to it. She couldn’t stand just black coffee. While she is sitting in the kitchen enjoying her first cup of coffee and a banana. Leon comes walking into the kitchen.

“Good morning.” He walks over to the coffee machine.

“Good morning. So, what is the plan for today?” Selene looks over towards Leon, as he stood by the coffee machine.

“I and the guys were planning on going to the paintball range today. Do you want to go?” Leon and his friends loved the paintball range.

“Can’t, I got a birthday party to go to later this afternoon. I’m helping Squigley out with a birthday party gig he booked. His partner came down with something.” Selene didn’t mind helping Squigley out with his gig.

“Have fun.” Leon knew how birthday parties could be.

He helped Selene out once with one of her gigs. He blew up balloons and gave them out to kids. While he was doing that, she was out entertaining the kids with tricks and jokes.

“I will.” Selene gets up and heads towards her bedroom to put on her tennis shoes.

She needs to see what supplies she needs to buy, before going to the gig. She heads out back to check in the storage shed. She opens the storage shed and walks inside. On one side she had spare parts for her Volkswagens. On the other side, she had spare tanks of helium and air for the balloons she gives out. She learned how to make animal shapes with them. She checks her juggling pins and balls. She grabs her supply bag and starts loading it with some of her gear she was going to perform at the gig. Once her bag was full, she grabs a few extra things that wouldn’t fit in the bag.

She takes all her gear out to her camper and put it in there. She was going to take her camper, instead of her bug. Once the camper was loaded up. Selene goes back to the storage shed and locks it up. Afterward, she heads inside the house and prepares for the afternoon performance.

Several Hours Later:
Selene rides around on her unicycle, juggling four bowling pins. She notices the smiles on the kid's faces. She also notices that adults were enjoying her performance as well. She used white Makeup to cover her face and was wearing a small nose button on her nose. Normally, she didn’t use a lot of Makeup, but today she did her whole face up and wore one of her old circus costumes.

Selene spends three hours working at the gig. As she is putting her stuff back in her camper. She thought she saw someone running away from it. She checks the camper out quickly but doesn’t spot anything out of place.

“Hey Pinkie, I have your share of the gig.” Squigley went looking for Pinkie (Selene’s clown name.)

Selene turns around when she hears Squigley’s voice. She smiles as he comes closer to her.

“Thanks for inviting me, Squigley.”

“You’re welcome. Here’s your share.” Squigley hands Selene a thousand dollars.

“Thanks.” Selene accepts the money.

She counts it and put it in her purse. She looks back at Squigley “if I get a gig that I can’t handle, you’ll be the first person I call, Henry.”

“Thanks. Hey, I do have one favor to ask you. Are your parents still teaching down at the community center?”

“Yeah, they still teach down there. Why do you ask?”

“I wonder if I could make an appearance at one of the classes?” Squigley had a few suggestions for future clowns.

“I’ll speak with my parents tonight and let you know what they say.” Selene would have to talk with her folks about anything relating to the school.

“Okay, thank you. Well, see you later.” Squigley turns around and heads towards his car.

“See you.” Selene gets in her camper and starts heading home.

Selene had the music playing and the window down as she enjoyed the breeze created from the van moving. All she wanted to do, was get home and take a nice bubble bath. She runs into some traffic up on the interstate near the exit she needs to take.

She watches all the drivers as she listens to the radio, playing music from her cellphone. She honks her horn several times. She was only a couple of feet from the off-ramp she needed to take.

The traffic finally starts moving. She manages to get to the off-ramp but couldn’t see what was causing the back-up. She finally makes it home and parks next to her bug.

Selene grabs her gear and head into the house. She leaves her unicycle in her camper while carrying the rest of her gear inside the house.
She’ll put it and the rest of her gear away tomorrow. She notices the guys were still at the paintball course.

Selene heads inside the house to her bedroom and starts removing all the makeup she had on. She was pleased that it didn’t take her long to remove the makeup. Once she had all the makeup off her face and her costume off. She crosses the hallway and into the bathroom. She starts filling the tub with hot water and adds some oil bath beads to the water.

The floral scent from the bath beads fills the air in the bathroom. She eases herself down into the tub, wincing as she kept lowering herself into the water. Once she was fully submerged, she leans back with a round-up towel behind her head.

Selene closes her eyes and enjoyed the hot water. She missed the traveling she did during her childhood, but after the circus, she was brought up in, ended. Her parents felt it was time for them to come back to the states.

Her mother had family in the Hampton Roads area and decided to settle down in Norfolk, in the Robin Hood Forest area. She and her roommates were renting a house in the River Oaks area of Norfolk.

Selene refreshes the hot water several times. She finally, washes her body and her cotton candy pink hair. Once she finishes her bath, she heads back to her bedroom. She notices it was almost 6:00 pm. She slips on an oversized black t-shirt and just a pair of cotton panties.

The guys weren’t back yet, and she didn’t feel like cooking. She calls her favorite sub shop and orders a foot-long meatball sub with cheese on it. While she is waiting for her delivery, she turns on the big screen television.

Thirty minutes later, the delivery driver arrives. He knocks on the front door and rings the doorbell.

“Coming!”

Selene opens the front door and standing on the other side was an older man wearing the uniform of the sub shop she ordered from. He
looked to be in his mid-thirties.

“How much do I owe you?”

“Twelve dollars and fifty-seven cents, ma’am.” Gus looks at the young lady standing before him.

She had shoulder-length cotton candy pink hair, hazel eyes, and an angelic-looking face. She had on a black t-shirt that exposed her right
shoulder and came down about mid-thigh on her. She had an accent to her speech, but he couldn’t place it.

“Here’s twenty dollars, keep the change.” Selene hands the twenty-dollar bill to the delivery driver.

“Thank you.” Gus hands the order over to the pink-haired woman.

“You’re welcome and have a nice night.” Selene closes the front door and heads back to the living room to watch a movie that had come on
and to enjoy her sub and onion rings.

Around mid-night, Selene and the guys in the house is woken-up from the car alarm going off from her camper. Selene grabs the baseball bat she keeps for protection and runs out of the house barefoot and in her nightshirt.

She spots two people running from the camper, down the street. She chases after them “come back here you motherfuckers!”

Leon and Evan walk out of the house and spot Selene running down the street barefoot. She was running with a baseball bat in her hands.
She looked like she was chasing two figures.

The two figures jump into a black SUV and drive off. Selene tries to hit the SUV with her baseball bat but misses it. She walks into the street and picks the baseball bat up off the street.

Selene watches as the SUV drives down the street. She was pissed they messed with her camper. She starts walking back towards the house.
Leon and Evan had walked down to Selene’s camper and notices the burglars had broken one of the side doors windows. They had gotten the door open about an inch before the alarm on the camper had gone off. Evan reaches in and turns the alarm off.

“Why would someone try to break into Selene’s camper? She doesn’t keep anything of value in it.” Leon looks at Evan.

“I don’t know.”

“What did they do to my camper?” Selene spotted Leon and Evan at her camper.

“They broke your side door glass and opened your door. Past that, there’s nothing missing from what we can see.” Evan had the camper door open for Selene to look inside.

Selene turns the overhead light on and looks around. There wasn’t anything out of place that she could tell. Everything was just like she left it.
“I don’t get it. Why break into my van?” Selene didn’t understand why anyone would want to break into her camper.

She had nothing of value inside, except her unicycle, juggling pins, and a few other items she uses in her performances. She looks at the broken glass from the window the burglars broke to get into her camper.

“Damn! I hope I have a replacement window in the shed.” Selene really hopes she has the glass to replace the broken one.

“We better call the police and inform them. Go put some pants on, Selene.” Leon looks at Selene and notices her panties were showing.

“Damn!” Selene storms back into the house to grab a pair of sweats to cover her bottom.

Leon calls the police and reports the break-in of Selene’s camper. By the time Selene is dressed and comes walking back outside to her van.
She notices a Norfolk police cruiser pulling up to her van.

The officer takes all their statements and afterward they head back into the house. Leon, Evan, and Selene heads into the kitchen and fix a pot of coffee.

“I haven’t had anyone try to break into my van in years.” Selene was sitting down in one of the kitchen chairs.

“The question is, why were they trying to break into your van? You don’t keep anything of value in it.” Evan looks at Selene while taking a sip of coffee from his favorite mug.

“Who knows, they wouldn’t be able to start it. I put a kill switch in it, the last time someone tried to steal it.” Selene listened to the advice from the strongman in the circus she traveled in.

She was in France when someone tried to steal her van. One of the other clowns saw two young men snooping around the campers and such. Boy, were they surprised when several of her friends showed up and put a beating on them?

After that day, she learned how to wire in a kill switch to prevent people from hot-wiring her bug and camper. Selene finishes her coffee and the muffin she had grabbed to munch on. As she was standing at the sink, rinsing out her coffee mug, Johnathan comes stumbling into the kitchen.

“Boy, you guys are up early.” Johnathan looks at his roommates.

“Didn’t you hear the alarm from Selene’s van going off?” Evan looks at his husband.

“Nope, I was so drunk, that I was knocked out.” Johnathan had drunk too much beer when they got back from shooting each other with paintballs.

Johnathan sits down at the kitchen table. He looks towards Selene while she poured herself a second cup of coffee.

“Was anything stolen out of your camper?”

“No, the alarm drove them off by the time we got outside. I did see two people running away from the camper and chased after them. They got into a black Chevy SUV.” Selene walks back over to the kitchen table and sits down.

“This the first time something like this has happened in this neighborhood.” Leon hasn’t heard anything like this happening in the neighborhood.

“Well, I just hope I have a replacement window glass in storage.” Selene takes a sip from her coffee.

After breakfast, Selene puts a black T-shirt on and a pair of blue jean coveralls on. She doesn’t bother with a bra. She was going to let her girls hang free today. She heads towards the tan storage shed in the backyard and starts looking for a replacement window.

There were four storage sheds in the backyard. Two of them she owned, and the others belonged to Leon and the last one belonged to Evan and his husband. She finally finds the right window panel she needed. She grabs her toolbox and heads towards her camper.

Selene turns the radio on in her camper and listens to it while replacing the broken window glass. She starts moving her hips to the music that was playing. It was the B52’s and the song that was playing was Love Shack.

Once she replaces the window glass. She digs around inside her camper. She knew she saw someone run away from her camper yesterday after the birthday party. After digging around and locating things she thought she lost several months ago. She finds a Scandisk thumb drive.

“Well, what do we have here?” Selene holds up the black thumb drive.

“What did you find?” Leon had come outside to see how Selene was doing.

“A thumb drive is hidden in the camper. I knew I saw a set of feet running away from my camper yesterday after the party. They must have hidden this in here.” Selene was curious because the only person she knew at the birthday party was Squigley.

“I wonder what is on it?” Selene’s curiosity was getting the best of her.

“Let’s go inside and find out.” Leon was curious as well.

“Okay, let me clean this mess up before I do.” Selene picks up the broken pieces of glass.

She pulls her shop vac out and vacuums out the camper. Once she was happy with how clean the camper was. She closes the doors carefully.
Selene knew she couldn’t use her camper for a few hours, while the silicone holding the window in dries.

Selene follows Leon inside the house and to his bedroom. When she walks into the room “don’t you ever pick up after yourself?”

“Hey, it's not as messy when you leave your bras and hose hanging in the bathroom.” Leon has walked into the bathroom a few times and found Selene’s bras and hose hanging.

“Hey, some of my bras and hose need to dip dry.”

Leon just looks at Selene. He has seen her in the nude before and found her clown costume laying on the hallway floor before. He had to admit she looked cute with her small petite frame. Her breasts weren’t as big as some of the girls he has dated or the one he was currently dating.

“Take a seat.” He points towards his bed.

Selene sits down on the edge of the bed. Leon was your typical sailor and online gamer. He kept the area around his computer cleared of clutter.

“Okay, let's see what you have to tell us.” Leon isolates his computer from the house internet and plugs the thumb drive into a free USB port.

At first, nothing happens and after a few seconds, several Excel files appear. Selene watches as Leon clicks on one and it opens. It shows several accounts in a spreadsheet format. There some numbers in red and some in other categories.

“Okay, why would someone try to hide that?” Selene just saw a bunch of numbers and didn’t know what it meant.

“Because of Selene. These are bookie numbers. Whoever, this drive belongs too, is a loan bookie and loan shark.” Leon spotted a few names he recognized that were on his ship.

He knew some of those guys were into illegal gambling and such. He notices how much they owed. It wasn’t too much, compared to the other amounts he was seeing belonging to different people.

“Where did you get this?” Leon looks at Selene.

“It was hidden inside my camper from that job I did with Squigley.” Selene knew Squigley was straight as an arrow.

“Well, now we know why someone tried breaking into your camper now. I think its time to set a trap for them, now.”

“Oh, I know the perfect trap to set as well.” Selene was thinking of a devilish trap to set for the people.

The rest of the day, Selene goes about setting up the trap. While she was doing that. Leon goes and finds the same style of thumb drive as the one they found and load it with a virus that filled the screen with laughing clowns. Leon also calls some Norfolk Police officers he knew and informed them about what they found.

They were going to have several unmarked police cars sitting and waiting near their house. He watched Selene rig several surprises for their guest. He couldn’t believe she was going with the custard pie in the face gag.

Everyone in the house stays up late, watching the camper. It was two in the morning, when the two people who broke into the van before, try again. This time, they picked the lock on the van door and taped down the plunger that set the alarm off.

When they leaned into the van to where the thumb drive was hidden. They sprung the trap Selene set. Several custards filled pies sprung up and hit the intruders in the face. Then a bucket of honey tipped, white feathers from a blower hit them.

Selene couldn’t help but laugh as the crooks got beaten by her traps. The next thing they see is the unmarked police cars pulling up and block the third person in the SUV from going anywhere. They watch as the two trespassers are loaded into the police car, covered in honey, feathers and custard pie.

“They deserved that.” Selene had a big ole smile on her face.

“I feel sorry for the police officers. They will have to clean their cars with all those feathers and honey in them.” Evan looks towards Selene.

“Well, the bad guys had to be taught a lesson.” She grabs her coat and head outside to shut her camper.

Afterward, she goes back inside the house and head to bed. She was still smiling as she fell asleep.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pow!!!

Looks like the joke was on them! (Sorry, but someone had to say it!) ;-)


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

clown vengeance, oh the

clown vengeance, oh the humanity. or is that hilarity. lol

Pie in the eye

Jamie Lee's picture

Help entertain children in hospitals is a real nice thing for Selene to do. The kids may be bored out of their minds, or so sick that the short time Selene is there they can get their minds off being sick.

Why in the world would someone be dump enough to hide that thumb drive in Selene's van? Or maybe it wasn't done to pass it on, but in an attempt to stash evidance where no one would think to look?

Whatever the reason, the two who weren't successful the first time should have quite while they were free. Now they had a sweet arrest and still didn't get the drive.

Others have feelings too.

Classic

Samantha Heart's picture

Clown gags only insted of tar & feathers itvwas honey & feathers lol

Love Samantha Renée Heart.