New Tale to Tell Chapter 9: Assault and Battery

Printer-friendly version

New Tale to Tell
Chapter 09
by Justin M.
Copyright © 2020 Justin M. All rights reserved.

We go after his freak girlfriend. ... We take her out and it will send a message that if he fucks with us we fuck with his girlfriend. That bitch Shelby has had it coming a long time. ... It’s time we showed her and him we don’t put up with freaks around here”


~o~O~o~

Chapter 9: Assault and Battery

After weeks of his crew being made fools of Jason has reached his limit. Before school the G.O.P. assemble outside the gym. Their leader has called a meeting.

“How the fuck have you pussies been letting yourselves get pushed around? These shits know better than to mess with us and you five have been letting ONE kid fuck with you?”

Mark tries to explain, “That fucker has been setting us up Jason, He’s sucker slammed me half a dozen times!”

“Yeah. He had Tom covered in piss the other day and then he’s been using all the other kids against us. I got jammed up during the thing in the gym.” Sean adds still sore from being trapped behind the door.

Jason looks to the Hoolihan twins? “What’s you pussies excuse? You’re the two biggest kids in school and he has you falling all over yourselves!” The two big linemen avoid his gaze.

“Alright, I’ve had enough of this faggot-ass. You worms have been letting him get the best of you and I’m sick of your’s and his shit. I’m putting a stop to it TODAY!”

“How do you plan to do that?” Mark sneers

“We go after his freak girlfriend. She will be alone between 4th and lunch. We take her out and it will send a message that if he fucks with us we fuck with his girlfriend. That bitch Shelby has had it coming a long time. Those two have been cozying it up for months. People are talking. Even liking it! It’s time we showed her and him we don’t put up with freaks around here”

“Do you think you can get away with it? He might get pissed.”

“That’s the point dip-shit. Now listen, all of you…”

…..

Mrs. Marks corners Shelby exiting study hall, “I’m glad to see you took my advice Shelby.” Isn’t this much better than pressing your ear to a wall?”

“Yes Mrs. Marks. Thank you. He really is wonderful. Having a friend, someone to talk to and spend time with is more than I could have hoped for.“

“I’d say he seems more than a friend. Kids are talking Shelby. Teachers too. We think you two make a very cute couple.”

The girl blushes, “I don’t know about that Mrs. Marks. But a girl can hope.”

After the exchange Shelby heads down the hall towards lunch. Eager to meet up with Jonathan, she doesn’t notice several of the G.O.P. closing in.

Lost in the revelry it’s too late when she notices 5 of the gang of six have cut off her path to the quad. Caught in the “L” where two halls meet she’s cornered.

Jason’s voice comes from behind her. Triumphant and menacing. “So your faggot ass boyfriend thinks he can start shit with us? Well we’re gonna show the whole school what a faggot ass he is. You think you’re a girl? You ain't even good enough to be a whore cunt! Cuz you aint got one!”

With a single move Jason pulls Shelby’s skirt and panties off and tosses them to the gathered crowd. Her scream is drowned out by the yells of the gang of six and some of the crowd that’s gathered. Recoiling in horror Shelby cowers into the corner and attempts to cover herself.

Jason, laughing maniacally, throws his arms up in victory over the defenseless Shelby. His triumph is short lived. The crash of Mark’s body impacting the lockers barely registers before a hand grabs him by the hair from behind. As he’s pulled over something hits him in the back of the knees and he falls. He feels himself go over backwards and then comes up painfully against something round and hard in the middle of his back. That something is Jonathan’s knee. The pain causes a scream. A scream quickly cut-off by Jonathan’s hand closing around his throat.

The thug finds himself bent over backwards, pinned across Jonathan’s knee. His other leg is locked around the front of Jason holding him in place. Jonathan has one of the bullie’s arms bent behind his head at an angle which, with a little pressure, threatens to dislocate the appendage. Jason’s free hand is doing all it can to hold himself up. Without the support of the one arm Jason’s back could easily be broken. The pain and pressure has the bully more terrified than the girl he and his crew have just attacked. Jason knows he’s in trouble.

“This ends here, you useless thug! Do you feel that?”

“AHHHH”

“Do You?! Answer me!”

“OW OW OW YES!!” Jason screams the words.

“That’s your shoulder about to let go. If you want to avoid that, you call off your scum. Now!”

“B-back off! All of you PLEASE GOD! BACK THE FUCK OFF!”

Picking up a shaken Mark, the four remaining bullies move back to the edge of the circle formed around Jason, Jonathan and Shelby. “This ends Jason. She is off limits from this moment forward. If I catch you within sight of her….”

“OWWWWWW FUUUUCKKKKK!!!!”

“I will break you. Do you understand me?”

“FuuuCK…”

Jonathan bears back down on the arm. “Well?”

“YES...YES I GOT IT.”

“Give the order!”

“AHHHHHH S-Shelby is off-limits! Forever!”

“No what do you say to Shelby?”

“OWWW I’m sorry.”

“Not good enough.” This time it’s the bullies back that screams in pain.

“AHHHH OWWWW I’M SORRY SHELBY. I’M FUCKING SORRRY!”

Jonathan releases the other boy’s arm and slides him roughly off his knee. Jason slams into the floor aided by a final shove from Jonathan. “Now get out of here. And take the scum with you.”

Jason drags himself up and the group wilts into the crowd. Jonathan looks to Shelby. Her face is streaked with tears. “Are you Ok? What did they do to you?”

From behind him one of the more popular girls speaks. “It’s no big deal Jonathan. All they did was pull Shelby’s skirt off.”

No big deal? How can you say that? Madison, you have to realize unpopular or not, no one has the right to attack another person. Pulling Shelby’s clothes off is akin to rape. It’s not a prank. It’s assault. What if it had been one of your precious popular friends? Would it be a big deal then? What makes Shelby any different? She’s as much of a human being as any of you. How about you start treating her like one?”

“I-I didn’t think…”

“Of course you didn’t. Maybe it’s time to start1”

Madison kneels down besides Shelby. “I’m sorry Shelby. Do you want me to take you to the office?”

“NO! Jonathan can you just get me out of her. I don’t want anyone to see me like this.”

“Shelby?” A rather short and nerdy looking girl, is there. Jonathan recognizes her as the girl Sean targeted at the pep rally. “Here. I was able to pick this up when they threw it.” In her hands is Shelby’s skirt and petticoats. Bobbie hands Shelby the garment then turns her back to shield her from the crowd of kids. Madison and a few other girls do the same.

“Here, here. What’s going on!?” Mr. Simmons, a biology teacher with a beak of a nose and glasses too big for his face, pushes through the crowd.

“Hello Mr. Simmons. Sorry for the chaos. We’re about to move on sir.”

“It’s Mooreland right? What’s going on?”

“Oh nothing sir. Just a minor collision between Shelby and that Stahls kid. They tried to be in the same place at the same time and ended up knocking each other down. Shelby was a little shaken. I was just helping her up.”

“I see. Where is Mr. Stahls then?”

Jonathan stifles a faux chuckle, “Well sir,” He lowers his voice. “I think Jason was more than a little embarrassed by the whole thing. Running into Shelby, getting tangled up and then falling to the floor. Well he jumped up and ran out of here like he was on fire. Pretty girls have that effect on boys, you know.”

While Jonathan distracts the teacher Shelby is able to get her skirt back on and and gather herself. Bobbie and Madison pick up her books and backpack. “Jonathan? Will you walk me to my next class? I need to stop by the restroom first.”

“Are you alright Miss Curtis?”

Trying to wipe away the tears, “Yes Mr. Simmons. I’m fine. Just my pride. May we go now?”

“Yes, all of you move along to class.”

Outside the restrooms Madison pauses, “Shelby? I’m sorry for being such a snob to you. What they did was wrong. May I come in and help you get fixed back up?”

While the others wait, “Thank’s Bobbie. I appreciate you getting her skirt. That could have been ugly.”

“Yeah, well I sure don’t like it when those guys pick on me. Shelby has never done anything to deserve what they do to her. Since you came along and started going after the Six… well I for one appreciate it. Us geeks, nerds and outcasts need to stick together. Say! Why are you sticking up for us anyway? You could be one of the cool kids if you wanted.”

Embarrassed, Jonathan ignores the remark, “I’m going to use the restroom. If Shelby comes out, will you tell her I’ll only be a minute?” He barely makes it inside before the fit hits him. Thankfully the room is empty. An uncontrollable deep, painful raspy cough grips his chest making it hard to catch his breath. The room dims and he grabs at a sink basin for support. His knees sag before it passes leaving him weak, and scared. He has had them before, sometimes with little warning. The Doctors say it should go away on its own, but to Jonathan, it seems to be getting worse. When he wipes his mouth the towel has a faint smear of blood on it.

Outside a still visibly upset Shelby, joined by Ms. Hayes, are awaiting him. Shelby immediately latches onto Jonathan. “OK you two, lets go. I wish to have a word with you.” Inside her classroom she takes a seat behind her desk and measures the two students with a gaze. “Ok Shelby, do we call this in? I saw pretty much all of it, except for when the G.O.P. pulled your skirts off. ”

“No! Please Ms. Hayes. That will only make it worse. It would be my word against all of theirs. Besides, after what he did to Jason, I think Jonathan would be the one in trouble.”

“I agree. To be honest, what you did Jonathan, will have a greater effect on them than calling it in. I’ve been keeping an eye on what’s going on. They are afraid of you. What’s more, because of your actions many of the kids are losing their fear of the G.O.P. I’d rather not do anything to undermine that.” she pauses realizing the boy is flushed, “Are you feeling okay Jonathan?”

“Yes ma’am. I’m fine.” She accepts the comment and chocks it up to exertion from taking down the two bullies.

“OK. Shelby, even though I won’t say anything to the administration, I’m obligated to speak to your mother. I’ll let you talk to her. If she’s convinced you're okay then I am.”

“Alright Ms. Hayes, but could Jonathan stay? I’d like him to walk me to the rest of my classes.”

The two students spend the next period with Ms. Hayes before returning to classes. Their arrival to sixth period English is met with applause.



This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.


Again, my apologies for the shortness of the previous chapter. I hope this one made up for it.

To all those who comment: Thanks for making me better!

v/r
JM

up
127 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Maybe now

My5InchFMHeels's picture

Maybe now Johnathon will get a reprieve and have time to heal, instead of working on the bullies. The blood indicates he's getting worse, not sure it's really related to the accident anymore though. It seems to be from the exertion.

I really hope...

Robertlouis's picture

....that there isn’t going to be a tragic ending for Jonathan. He’s obviously carrying a long-term injury from the crash that killed his parents.

☠️

Their arrival is met with applause.

Lucy Perkins's picture

Yay...let's hear it for the good guys and gals.
A brilliant chapter, and one that anyone who has encountered bullying will be cheering.
Let's hear it for the boy ( and girl) who star in the story!
Lucy xx

"Lately it occurs to me..
what a long strange trip its been."

Violence only understands violence

Jamie Lee's picture

Johnathan tried to get the message to the GOP that they were no longer welcome at school, by his accidental talks with them on their own terms.

But apparently they are rather slow getting the message and decided to go after Shelby to get back at Johnathan. Unfortunately their plan went into the toilet as once again Mike got slammed into the lockers before Jason learned the feel of real pain.

And that was the only way to get the message across this time, since they initiated an actual attack on a student. But while the other students just stood around and watched, basically echoing Madison's attitude, Johnathan made his point abundantly clear to Jason by the use of honest to goodness pain. Pain that could have resulted in a dislocated shoulder for Jason.

Funny how bullies aren't so tough when there's someone meaner than they are and is willing to use pain to get across messages.

Regardless what Shelby said, the attack on her was sexual assault and should have been called in. Johnathan going after Jason would have been labeled as self defense of Shelby by a real good lawyer. No one had any idea what else Jason and his oinkers were going to do next, so force had to be used to put an end to the attack.

None of those students watching ever gave a thought about what Johnathan asked them about attacks on themselves. An attack on another is no big deal, but if it happened to them?

Now the worry starts. Shelby can't help but worry about her relationship with Johnathan after what he may have seen. Yet she asks to have him walk her to the rest of her classes, so maybe she still has hope.

And, something isn't right with Johnathan, despite what the doctor told him.

Others have feelings too.