Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 348

Printer-friendly version

Easy To Bed - Calling You The Bike!
By Angharad
Part: 29 dozen

I woke in the night, a hand gently grasping my boob. I was about to say, "Not now Simon," when I remembered he wasn't there. I shrugged slightly and the hand slipped down my body. I sat up and looked at Stella, she was fast asleep. I felt a little relieved, it was innocent, an unconscious movement in her sleep.

My movement had possibly unsettled her and she turned over and now lay with her back to me. I lay down again and pressed my back against hers. I was soon asleep again.

I woke up to discover she was sat up and watching me. "Morning, sleepy head."

"Erm, what? What time is it?" I groaned feeling in need of at least another couple of hours.

"Six, why?"

"Oh, g'night," I rolled over away from her.

I heard her laughing, and the bed shook.

"What's so bloody funny?"

"You."

"Thanks," I said and tried to get back to sleep.

"You look so innocent when you're asleep."

"I am innocent, until proven guilty. Now I need my beauty sleep."

"Will you teach me to ride a bike?"

"What, now?" I rolled over on to my back.

"No, it's only just light, but this weekend."

I opened one eye, "Yeah, if you like. Can I go back to sleep, now?"

"Of course you can," she went off to the loo and then picking up a book, got back into bed. I could hear her flicking over pages and I couldn't relax enough to sleep.

"Can't you ride a bike?" I said lying on my back again.

"I used to be able to, but I mean ride a proper bike, like yours."

I yawned as if I needed to demonstrate my fatigue. "All bikes are proper bikes if they've got two wheels and pedals; it's just some are nicer to ride than others."

"Will you teach me to ride a nice bike then?"

"Yeah, course I will." I lay there thinking for a moment. "Erm, what size shoe are you?"

"Five, why?"

"I'm a six, dunno if my spare shoes will fit you."

"I've got loads of shoes of my own." She sounded almost indignant.

"Cycling shoes with cleats?"

"No."

"Thats what I meant, even my MTB has SPDs on it."

"Is that code for something?"

"Yeah, for finding you some shoes or a different bike."

"Oh, is that a problem?"

"I dunno. We'll find out later."

"Find out what?"

"If it's a problem."

"Oh. Forget I said anything."

"How can I forget something like that?"

"Easy, just stop remembering it."

"Duh! That is impossible, besides after my loved ones, and my job - bikes are the next most important thing in my life."

"You sound like you need to get a life, Cathy."

"Yeah, cycling."

"Doh! I mean a proper life, meet a guy and fall in love..."

"Done that bit, promised to teach his sister to ride a nice bike." I didn't see the pinch on my bum coming. "Ouch, God, you have bony fingers!" I vacated the bed rapidly, rubbing my bum.

Stella lay helpless with laughter. I picked up my pillow and threw it at her. She pushed it off and giggled herself silly.

"I'm going to get some breakfast," I pulled on a cardigan over my nightie and went downstairs.

Tom was in the kitchen, "You're up early," he remarked.

"Yeah," I lifted up the nightie and viewed the red mark on my bum cheek.

"What's that a flea bite?"

"No, not quite but just as annoying. I've been star struck." I switched on the kettle again.

"Star struck? What are you on about?"

"Star - Stella, struck - as in pinched."

"She pinched your bottom?" he roared with laughter.

"Yes, it's not funny!" I said indignantly, "And she's left a mark."

"I think it's funny," he said in between snorts of laughter.

"What's funny?" said a new voice, as Stella joined us in the kitchen.

"Cathy thinks a bed bug bit her," said Tom, bending the truth just a little.

"Yes, a giant one," she said snapping her fingers together at my rear end and laughing as I jumped out of the way.

"You're like a giant crab," I said from the other side of the kitchen.

"Better that than a crabby giant."

"Don't meet many of them round her, unless you count the one that fat bloke rides." I said and both Tom and Stella looked at me in bewilderment.

"Giant," I said and they both remained confused. "It's a make of bike, team High Road use them, so they must be okay."

The moment of the joke had passed so I tried to change the subject. "Tea or coffee?" I asked Stella.

"Yes," she said.

"Which?" I asked exasperatedly.

"Either."

"Which one do you want? Tea or coffee?" I snapped.

"I don't mind, which ever you're making."

"Right, it's tea then."

"Fine."

"It will be as long as Tom doesn't make it," I joked.

"I demand a retrial," said Tom loudly, "I'm innocent until proven guilty."

"Tom, you have been found guilty of this heinous crime." I picked up the tea cosy and put it on my head.

"You look like Napoleon," shrieked Stella.

"This is supposed to be my black cap."

"I thought that was a songbird, warbler isn't it?" Tom added to the general confusion.

Just then the kettle boiled, clicking to show it had switched itself off. I made some tea.

Breakfast eventually finished and my ribs hurt from laughing, Stella was certainly much better. "When do you come home for good?" Tom was sitting at the table reading my Guardian.

"I don't know, but it will take a bit longer yet." Stella looked a little uncertain as she shrugged her shoulders. "I suppose when they say I'm ready. I feel so much better, so I think they know what they're doing."

"Looks like," I offered, "Only tell 'em to hurry up, we need you to keep Simon in order," I joked.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I fear for Stella

Whoever is injuring riders may get her next, but then some of Cathy and Stella's greatest crimefighting scenes were as a dynamic duo.
Although Stella does not qualify, you could say Cathy qualifies for the X-Men? :-)

Brilliant Before Breakfast Banter Between Buddies

Need I say more?

Hugs,
Gabi.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

I second the six B's

And the "star struck" remark was just plain inspired.

I Third them Bs…

…and agree with Kaleigh as well.

A stellar performance; T will love it.

Hugs,
Hilary

Stella On A Bike?

Somehow, I feel that she and Cathy will be taking on the new bad guy that's hurting bikers.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks

Thank you for a drama-free chapter. It's nice to have them all happy together for a while.

Does Cathy need to drive the Car?

I mean, that's how Cathy and Stella met... One on a bike and the other in a car - running her off the road. Now, the next question, if the answer's no... Who's gunna run Stella off the road. After all, Cathy got run off by a LADY Stella... Does that mean that Stella would get run off by a Royal? Nah. Couldn't be, could it?

Nice episode... What a way to wake up...

Annette

Comments

I had just decided not to bother you and everyone else with unintelligent comments -- to just read and shut up -- but I thought I should tell you so now I'm making a comment (of sorts). Now, is that contradictory or what?? [Sigh!]

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

x

Yours from the Great White North,

Jenny Grier (Mrs.)

Wigs

It took me a few minutes to get the tea cozy joke. That is uniquely British. Who else would require powdered wigs to have a trial?

Stella on a road bike

Hm?
I love quiet normal chapters.
No, not Stella again.

Cefin